Womens Running

(Over 40) Cupids arrow Thursday (Read 20 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Off to run and then to the airport to go home.  Lisa where did you end up eating?  Are you just in St Louis or where you going out to other parts of the state?

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday was a 35 minute cardio DVD since I was going out later. Today will be hair cut & color, pick up a gallon of milk, then dash off to the track for a run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Supposed to be a sleep in day but of course I can't sleep in.  Ugh.

Marjorie-have a good run! Actually in Columbia for Univ of Missouri.  Went to a micro-brewery place.  It was so ridiculously inexpensive.  College towns...love 'em!

Have a love-ly Valentine's Day.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Happy Valentines Day!

Weigh in Wed(I know it is Thursday Smile - Last Friday I was down 2 pounds (a total of 3)...then after LR on Sunday I mysteriously puffed up and gained the 2 back, I know that I do that after a long run, so am not too disappointed.  I really have been eating alot more fruits/veggies....so am happy about.

Camille - Sending losing vibes to you....it is soooo hard!  But this little challenge has kept me accountable!

Had a quick 4 miler last night after work....didn't finish until 6:30 and it wasn't even completely dark yet.....yipeeee!

DH got me a new pair of NEWTONS for V-Day....woohoo....who needs chocolate/flowers when a girl can get Newtons!

Hi to all!

Carol

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!

I managed to get in 3.25 yesterday, then my sugar dropped.  The glucose tabs and sports beans were not sufficient to get me back up to snuff. So, I had to call it good run and get some nutrition in.

Before I leave to go out of town on business today, I'm taking Jazzie (my wonderful Standard Poodle) for a therapy visit at a local retirement home.  Jazzie LOVES to visit with the residents there, and they love seeing her.  She will wear a red bow for Valentines day to help brighten people's days.

I finally got some of the professional pictures from the Warrior Dash that I did in Karnel's honor - here's a fun sample.  The other lady in the pictures is Chris my RB#1 who is moving back to NY.  (YAY, YAY, YAY!!!)

This first one is our "dream sequence" photo - notice all of the handsome, fit guys guys behind us as we "smoke" them across the finish line! (HA!!)

Julie & Chris Dream Photo

This one is a collage of our progress through the biggest mud puddle I've ever played in (real barbed wire included!)

Muddy Mayhem collage

Finally, - the big picture everyone one wants from the Warrior Dash.... the "fire" picture!

Fire Jumping in Florida

Have a great day, all!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

ginnyb

Julie...love your pictures!  You look so fierce and strong!!  Just the opposite of how I feel right now!  You are awesome lady!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Linda

Awesome pics Julie!

Easy 5, today, this morning before work.  It wasn't too cold.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Anonymous Guest

Julie, awesome pictures! You look so strong and happy.

Safe travels Marjorie!

Judy, you could go to the track with your gallon of milk and get an arm workout as well...

Lisa, too funny. At least you didn't end up at quarter beer night somewhere. Sounds like a quick, yet tiring trip. If it were me I'd take a vacation day or two and work in a visit to the family. But you are probably not too interested in hanging out with my parents or my sister and her family...

Carol, good job on the better eating and maintaining after a long run. I ate like a pig the entire time we were in Arizona, didn't track calories at all, and ran 50K - so puffed up in addition to feeling entitled to eat whatever I wanted since I ran 31 miles. Came back over two pounds heavier than when I left. Back to making smarter decisions...until I leave for North Carolina next week. But after that, nothing but eating right.

Morning Ginny and Linda!

Gatsby, being meaning to say I saw you were probably dropping to the half at Go!. Sounds like a reasonable thing to do. I'll be running the half most likely very slowly. Promised to stick with my sister - it will be her second ever. Her first she injured her knee and had to walk the last six miles and finished in 3 and a half hours. This one I'm hoping we'll do at least an hour faster. Hoping to run Springfield the day before and PR (sub 1:40), so Go! will be a recovery run of sorts for me.

Migraine continues but the drugs make it bearable. I have a 7 mile tempo run on my training schedule (so 10 miles total). Will see how I feel. I'm going to work through lunch (I actually remembered to bring leftovers to eat) and try to get out of here while it's still daylight and 45 degrees to run.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Yesterday was a horribly busy day.  I might have to take one of the cats to the vet today because her eye is closed since yesterday.  The eye looks a little red but at the same time normal so I don't know WTF is going on.  8 miles with 2 @ MP if the thunderstorms let me run them.

Marjorie, hope your flight home goes well.

judyruns, hope the day of errands does not tire you.  I also have hair color days.

Lisa, hope you get some sleep in.

Carol, nice V-Day gift.  Hope the weigh in goes well.

Julie, those are super awesome pics!

Ginny, morning!

Linda, nice 5!

Be back later (if work allows, bah).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

karen, hope the migraine leaves you alone already!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

At the airport.  Flight is on time so far.  I did 13.2 very hilly miles.  They call the neighborhood Hammond Hills for a reason.  Rolling they wer not!  Steep is what they were!  I did pick up my pace up significantly the last 3 tenths, so the  legs weren't trashed from all those hills.

Julie you look so happy in the pics.

Lisa after I posted I saw your fb post on where you ate.  College areas are great.  When Aby and I went to dinner by Emory this week our bill was $21 for both of us.  Very inexpensive.

Carol isn't the sun going down later nice?

Judy have a great day!

Karen oh no another migraine?  How is Jake?

Ginny sorry you still aren't feeling it.

Damaris hope she didn't scratch the eye too badly!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, Newtons? Envious. I'm guessing I will get the same thing I got for V-day that I got for Christmas...nothing. Which is coincidentally what I got DH. (I do not want to pay $5 for a card!)

Lisa, lots more travel in this job, however think of all the FF miles you are racking up...

Ginny, not sure it will be as warm this spring as last. Keep dreaming, though.

Karen, sorry about the migraine, I'm sure that2 pounds will shift fast. Hope you get to run in daylight!

Hello Judy, Cindy, Camille, Marjorie, Julie, Damaris, Linda...

4.3 this morning with running neighbour. Looking forward to going to the gym at lunch!

mommymac

Black ice is the best! It gets you off the roads quickly and into work sooner than you had planned. Have you ever run more vertical than horizontal just for sure-footing?

Julie - Great pics! I can almost feel the mud.

Carol - Your sunset time reminds me that I am about as east as you can get in the U.S., short of Cape Cod, and I get earlier sunrises and earlier sunsets. You don't always notice until you've lived a few different places in the same time zone. I usually noticed at Christmas time when I had candles in the window and I turned them on at sunset. I'd rather have the later sunset.

Karen - Boo on the migraine; glad you have something that helps.

Damaris - I love thunderstorms! Do you get them year-round? Hope kitty is ok. I wish pets could talk so we knew when to help. Or when not to.

Tessa - Happy Valentine's Day; we can simply enjoy the day. And hope our young adult children don't call to say "I'm engaged!"

Sounds like we have a few traveling this week; stay safe and success in your adventures.

Carolyn

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Thank you all for the nice comments on the pictures!   I had a great time that day.  It just blows my mind when I really think about the fact that can do stuff that like that!

Marjorie - hope the flight went well

Judy - Cut and color .... I call that therapy! Smile

Carol - I sometimes puff up after intense activity.  I hate it, but it happens.  I always take my rings off before I run because my fingers swell.

Ginny - thanks... I do feel fierce when I do stuff like that.  HEY... come do one with me!  Smile  There's a Hero Rush in Buffalo on 6/8!!

Carolyn - I think a good deal of that mud came home with me!  haha!

Hello everyone else!  Have a great evening... it's off to a late afternoon meeting for me, then a dinner meeting.

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.