Womens Running

Wednesday Supermoms (Read 414 times)

jmmiller

Zorbs: enjoy the mani!! How long does the polish stay on for you usually? Mine always chips in a day Bermy: yay for stocking up! I need to do that! Hope the visa process gets resolved for you quickly. BRB

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

twinmom_112002

ER: Planks done in a new and weird location. I make oatmeal at work in the mornings in our workroom microwave. I went in to get my oatmeal and the microwave still had 1:30 on it. So I kicked off my shoes and did my plank.

ER2: No run today because I have a meeting right after I pick up the kids and no time to shower, going to the gym to walk on the treadmill and do some weight circuits. I get less scuzzy when I do this then when I run.

KR; We get information on the marathon club after school today. I  hope it is well done. I know my kids are excited. We put our elf in my son's room and my youngest claimed it was because he was the one in trouble over the weekend.

NRR: We are getting carpet put in tomorrow so the list of things to do today is insane. We are doing Empire with their buy 1 room, get 2 rooms free and then because we are putting it in within 72 hours of our consulation we got and additional 15% off. The total savings was over 50% so we couldn't resist. Merry Christmas to dh and I.

NRR2: Not sure what is going on with me but having waves of sick to my stomach feelings. Then it clears. Hope to heck that I am not battling the stomach flu that is going around my classroom.

Pattty: I really need a pedicure but then I remember its winter and the flip flops have been put back in the closet. Might just paint mine tonight. Love that your ds went caroling last night in the store.

Runnergirl: Jealous that you are all done shopping. I am contemplating taking tomorrow off for the carpet install and sneaking away to get some more shopping done.

Bermy: Sorry about the giftcard. I realized that if I tried to send something now that you would never get it by Christmas and/or your move. I procrastinated to long. On the postive side, can't wait for you to start posting recipes. Clean eating is my goal for myself. I don't make time to make it a goal for the kids. Corndogs are just faster.

shelby: Kids are always great with santa until they really look at him. Just take the move one day at a time. I bet it will go smoother than you think.

Jen: I think that sometime our bodies just need a break from the calorie restrictions. I find that I do better if I take a little break every once in awhile. Now just get back to it. Are you on myfitness pal?

SimonSays: what are yassos?

CMG: Great job on the waddle.

CT: Enjoy the play group. The holidays are almost ever :-)

MZM: Growth spurt for your little one?

runnimer: 1200...wow!!!

twinmom_112002

JM: Enjoy the 5 miles and Santa. Kissmas is very cute! I can't keep polish on my nails but before my last Mexico trip I did the gel and it lasted almost a month. Not great idea with my history of Melanoma but studies are coming out saying that its less UV than an equal time in the sun.

CAR: Too funny about the poo. Enjoy your run and plank penance.

Marathonjen

Ctimes – I hope the playdate is fun despite being during C’s nap. 

Simon – I hear you on just getting through until Christmas!  Sorry about the early wake-up.  Great job on the speed workout!

Mer – Sorry you are so frustrated with the tech guy…he sounds like a winner!  LOL to J being obsessed with all things bathroom…just like his dadaJ

Mrszm – Mailing your package today!  Wow on all the sleep that C got…must be growing.  I hope DDs school concert is good.

Jm – Good luck with the 5…be easy on your body.  Hope the 18 month check goes well.  I really want to take J to see santa…he never has.  I also think it would be hilarious to get a picture of him screaming…we all have them!

CA – yay for all the sleep that O got.  Enjoy your run this am.  Nice that you can get out this morning alone.  LOL to M and the poo…I burst out laughing at my desk.

Twinmom – You definitely get the award for planks in the most odd locations. Aren’t you worried about someone walking in?  I guess I worry because I am new and everyone already looks at me strangely…lol.  I love that you used the word scuzzy…I thought I was the only one who used that.  I hear you on the stomach flu…I keep having that icky stomach feeling too.  We have had 100s of kids out with it and lots of schools in our area closed because of it.  ICK!!!  I try to sanitize everything before I touch it.

twinmom_112002

Jen: I don't really worry because I come in about an hour before anyone else in my building. I don't stay after lunch for my official prep period so I come in and do my time early. Some days like today...everything is prepped and I play on the computer, other times I am busting butt to get set up for the day. As for the santizer...I keep a bottle at my desk and use it everytime I touch something a student has touched. I would bath in the stuff if I could at the end of the day. I need a decontamination chamber after teaching since the kids think its a good idea to come to school sick. Come on parents...make them stay home!

strollermama

jen - Actual move day is Saturday.  DS and I fly and DH will start driving the truck/car with our dog.  He will be towing the car since we have a very large truck.  I pray that he has an uneventful drive.

twinmom - Ha, I love the plank location.  Way to get it done!

RR update - ran 3 mi on the TM.  Definitely felt better than yesterday but still not great.  Hoping to maybe do 2 more with the stroller and dog later if the weather cooperates.  Oh, and I finally did my plank...1:30.  I have missed a few days so I am going to try and do planks throughout the day to make up for it.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

down.the.lane

Morning Ladies!

ER: Day 2 of getting up early.  Pilates and a bit of yoga.  I am out of shape!  UGH.  Will do a 2 mile walk at lunch.

KR:  It was pajama day at preshcool today (thanks to my DD who nagged and nagged).  Upon waking this morning, she pretended to whine and said, "I don't want to put my clothes on today" and then busted out laughing.  She is a nut!

NRR: I noticed a job opening at a local employeer on Monday that would be great for me but I am not 100% qualified for and would be a pay cut (but also a huge stress cut).  Then this morning I randomly get a LinkedIn request from an old colleague who is connected to a mutual aquantaince (spelling?) that works int he same department at this local employer.  So, I took that as a sign (which I never believe in) and sent her a message about the job.  Could be an option for a better 2013!

runninmer - Sweet Potato Tots?  Sounds amazing!  Purchased or homemade?

twinmom -  We just got new carpet on Monday as well.  Totally needed as my little neices are staying with us at the holidays and they probably don't want to hang out on 30 year old carpet.  It is amazing how much different (and better) those two rooms look with only a carpet change! 

lane

twinmom_112002

Lane: Good job on the exercise. Our carpet was only 9yrs old but 3 kids and 2 dogs ....lets just say it is time. Good luck on the job front. Is it something you are interested in or are you just interested in cutting the stress?

down.the.lane

Lane: Good job on the exercise. Our carpet was only 9yrs old but 3 kids and 2 dogs ....lets just say it is time. Good luck on the job front. Is it something you are interested in or are you just interested in cutting the stress?

In general, I am not interested in working at all.  So, very interested in cutting stress.  I have somehow managed to paint myself in a corner career wise and this position would broaden my expertise so I would be more marketable.  But, going from "expert" at one thing to "good at a lot of things" comes with a pay cut. 

lane

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4 miles as a family. R behaved himself and was happy the whole ride even though we left well after 6 pm and returned at bedtime. Maybe it was because he had daddy along? A light mixture of rain/snow was falling most of the run but we didn't get cold. I think I'm meeting RP for a 5 mile hill run tonight.  One of my blinky lights broke last night- I've only had it for a few months, so I need to look up that order on RRS and see if its under warranty.

BR: R's Godmother is going to come over tonight, hopefully. She hasn't shown up the last couple of times she said she would come over and R really misses her and chants "Trudy! Trudy!" constantly. He's got a few more words- Ball, and can tell you the sheep says Baa. He woke before 5 am and kept having meltdowns this morning, ugh. He went to bed about 30 mins late last night, maybe that had something to do with it? He hasn't been napping properly at daycare either.

FR: Last night was flat iron steak and roasted fingerling potatoes. DH had to go on a fire call right as he was sitting down to eat, and I never went in the kitchen again. He didn't put away the leftovers. Makes me mad when he wastes food like that!   Tonight is something with roasted chicken (Enchiladas, chicken casserole, chicken tortilla soup?), DH was grumpy because we are out/dangerously low on our condiment supply because I haven't had a chance to go to Costco since the last time I went when DH bought his new car about 2 mos ago.

NRR: Not much going on today. I have to get my allergy shot tomorrow after work and then hightail it back to go to a Scentsy party for the FD. I don't really like smelly stuff so I probably won't buy anything, but I am going there to support the FD. Also, don't want to leave Mary hanging.  I want to introduce her to my friends to help welcome her to our town. She has an online Etsy boutique for children's items like lovies and hair bows and she makes some really neat stuff.

QOTD- does anyone know how you do intervals with a Garmin 210? I know some Garmins you can preload a workout into it and it will tell you what to do, but I don't think the 210 has that capability. Do I just turn off the auto lap and then hit the lap button whenever I want a break like I used to do with my Timex?  This is really sad, but I haven't done a single structured speed workout since I bought my Garmin and I got it in late July!

Recipe request- I bought 20 lbs of ground beef from Early Morning RP who had it leftover from last year's beef and needed to make space for this years.  What are your favorite ground beef recipes? I'm kinda rusty because I usually use turkey these days.  I am good on taco/meatball/lasagne recipes.

runnergirl- I still need to shop for my mom, dad, and stepmom. R's pictures I had done at Walmart will be ready for pickup on Friday so I at least have them partly done. I've really pared back my gift giving this year.

Bermy- I like spreadsheets and stuff too, but I don't ever get around to do it. I download my Garmin data into www.garminconnect.com and I hate that it doesn't have as many cool graphs and stuff as the old RW log I used to use.

zorbs- I only got my first professional mani this year. I usually just get pedis. My nails are all jacked up and weak from when I painted them and then picked off all the polish during that boring business meeting. That was at the end of October and they still need to grow out another 1/4" or so until they are all healthy looking again.

cmg- R is a scrapper, daycare reported that he was nicer and only slapped once yesterday. Sheesh.  Good job on your waddle! I remember getting really frustrated at your stage of pregnancy because my hands and feet would swell so much every time I went for walks and then DH would make me put my feet up on ice packs because they looked gross.

jen- Do you have to pack all of J's food?  Daycare does breakfast, snack, lunch, snack for the kids and Reid eats a breakfast before he goes and dinner after he gets home. I don't know where he's putting all that food.  Have a good chiro appt! I need to go, my calf is all tight again, but I'm kinda waiting until I get my new FSA funds and sick leave on Jan 1.

cx2- my DH hates leftovers, so I often end up eating them for breakfast and lunch too.

Simon- Are you training for a race right now? I haven't done Yassos in a couple years. I kinda miss speedwork even though its hard!

Mer- are the sweet potato tots something you make homemade or buy frozen???  Sorry about the idiot technology guy. Employers where I live seem to only hire from within, thus why I've had 6 interviews with DH's company and no job offers.

mzm- do you have a treadmill at home, or do you go to the gym? I'm thinking even though I hate the TM, we might get one when we move out of town.

jmmiller- awww at the Kissmas!

CA- Sorry no baby for RP yet. LMAO at the M/DH story!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

runnergirl - great run yesterday!  I also almost finished my Christmas shopping yesterday.  I just don't know what to get for DD2.  She is 18mos, but we have so many babyish toys and books from the other two kids, I really don't want anymore!  What are you getting for R?  Glad he is a good eater.  My kids have been pretty good too, it makes it so much easier, doesn't it?  Cute about him laying on his belly, I can just picture it!

bermy - way to bust out the 5miles on tired legs.  I love it when I accomplish something I didn't think was possible, makes me feel like I've conquered the world!  I love it when they learn new things.  Was he so proud of walking backwards?  MMM, fish tacos - now I'm craving them!  Great job on the plank! 

zorbs - I would have loved to hear B sing, I think most people like hearing kids sing in stores!  Sounds like you have some good eats today - a little jealous over here. Smile  Enjoy the mani! 

Shelby - way to keep up with the streak!  Glad you are feeling a bit better, just try to rest a bit if you can!

cm - your waddle is more than I have done in 2.5 weeks!  Way to go!!  That chicken sounds delish, I think I'm going to try it next week.  Do you serve it on rice or in a wrap or what?  Yuk on the Group B swap, hope your neg!

mjen - I have fallen off the healthy eating bandwagon too.  I am thinking I might just go easy on myself until after Christmas (as long as my pants still fit...)  Do you have to send all your meals to daycare, or is it just b/c it's dinner?

cx2 - naptime activities are tricky.  I find things rarely work out perfectly.  Hope C does okay today!

Simon - hope you are having a good day today.  Hang in there, it's almost Christmas break!

mer - A photographer told me that she uses bathroom talk to get children to smile genuine smiles for pictures!  My kids think it's hilarious too.  Way to get those miles in!!  WOW!!

mzm - 1045?!?!?  Is that normal?  I am guessing not.  I don't think my kids have EVER slept past 830!!  My neices are the best sleepers ever.  Bed at 830 up at 10ish with afternoon naps.   I don't know how they do it!  Hope the concert is cute!

CA - LOL on DH!!  Way to get those runs in.  Glad the ornament went well.  Are you a crafty person in general?  I did some crafting with the kids this week , but I couldn't wait to get it done.  It's not my thing.

running eh

RR - I am on a 2.5 week streak of NO running.  My alarm was set for 4am, I went back to bed instead of running.  I am working my 5 12s this week (this is day 1)  so I think I might just put off running until next week (what's a few more days, right...Disapprove)  I did start the plank streak today though.  1min 20 sec in the living room at my work.

NRR - back to the grind after 9 days off

FR - shepherd's pie - normally not a Shepherd's pie fan, but I love this stuff.

KR - haven't seen them yet today...

superspike113

Honorary Old

Planks challenge: 1:22 on the conference room floor. I have the imprint of a button on my forearm from my shirt LOL. This is only the second time I have managed to do a plank since we started. Lazy Lazy SuperSpike.

twinmom- did you plank longer than the microwave timer?  Depending on who I'm meeting with, sometimes I will run to a meeting and get my business done in running clothes. It can be kinda problematic in the winter time though because I sometimes get chilled once I stop running.  We had carpet put in a year ago and to do our living/dining/hall/1 bedroom (about 600 sq feet) it took them like 8 hours to install it, just so's you know.

shelby- have you kept your streak alive?

down.the.lane- Good luck with the job hunt!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- the last couple times I made shepherd's pie I used ground turkey and pureed steamed cauliflower and mixed it with just a couple potatoes for the topping to lower the calorie load- it was pretty tasty!

running eh

jm - I wish I had written down some of the older kids misspoken words, so cute.  Some of the words I loved so much I wouldn't even correct them.  Glad the legs are starting to feel better!

twinmom - way to get that plank done!  I have to admit that I have run and then just let myself cool down, do a quick sponge bath and then head in to work.  Yay on the new carpet!  Was it hard to pick out what you wanted?  We did some house renos two years ago and I was so SICK of picking things out by the end!  Feel better!!

lane - sounds like this might be a good opportunity for you.  Less stress is always better.  I am leaving my fulltime work spot in the new year and am starting part time.  Less stress too, hopefully!  I love when the kids make jokes, sounds like something my DD would say.

spike - a family run sounds fun. I didn't think your DH ran..  Your meals always sounds so great.  Boo on DH leaving out the food.  I hope your visitor comes tonight!  Scentsy, huh?  I have heard of that, but I'm not into smelling things either.  In fact, I really hate home parties.  Some of them are really great products, but I always feel so pressured to buy stuff.  I try to avoid them as best I can.