Womens Running

Wicked Cold Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It seems to be 4°F. right now.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was a good 50 minute cardio DVD with about 10 minutes of running as well. Work entails being on my feet a lot for at least 2 hours so I am trying to get the heel to stay happy.

Today will hopefully be a shorter but faster run. I'm all askew and I think a lot of it is cabin fever. The temp just went to 1°F. Geeze!

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Judy....I have been feeling " all askrew"  also.  You are right, must be cabin fever.  Winter wears on me.

SDO today, but I still may do some weights at some point today.

Had a nice day off yesterday, Got my hair colored and she added some highlights.  I think it looks nice and lifted my spirits.  Wish I could have my hair turn out like this every day!  I watch everything she does and I never can imitate when I do it myself.  Guess that is why she does what she does!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Morning, Ladies!  Ugh, did not sleep well have been awake since 3 am

3 TM miles yesterday...this morning just 1.5 followed by weights.  I may run a mile or two after work, we'll see what the schedule brings, meaning which kid needs to be where at what time lol

Carol - feel better!

Judy - cold here, too.  Supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow blech.  I prefer dry and cold to warmer and snow

Ginny - glad you had a nice day yesterday.  I can never recreate the hair, either!

camille2

Hi ladies! I just failed (again) in my attempt to "spot the station."   It was a clear night and was to appear  for 4 min at 622, a  reasonable time, but I couldn't see it.   Itwasvthe first time I seriously tried. I probably need a more open spot. Pretty stars anyway.

Yesterday was still pretty ugly and we actually did have a few snow flakes mixed with rain as I drove to the gym. I did core and 3.5 on TM.   The effort was so much easier than 3 in my neighborhood's hills.  Not as peaceful though.

Cindy, how's your tendinitis?

I'm at my mom's the next couple nights and need to get a few things done.

Good Morning!  5 miles yesterday after work--sunny and cool.  Nice run.  This morning was intervals on the treadmill.  I only did one of the three sets.  Just couldn't hang.  4 miles total.  May try to ride this afternoon.

Judy--I would LOVE to be stuck at home!!  Last year we had that ice storm (yes, everything here shuts down for just a little ice) and I didn't leave the house for three days.  It was fabulous!!  I just can't imagine it being that cold!

Carol--I try to stay home if I am sick.  Don't want to infect the co-workers.  One lady is 73 and had a stroke two years ago, another had a kidney transplant three years ago.  Plus, I have sick leave, so I might as well use it if I need it.  Monday turned out to be a good mental health day for me Wink

Laura--hate it when I don't sleep well.  Hope you make it through the day.  I would be face down on the desk by 2:00.

I'm eating a grapefruit at my desk.  Hope my keyboard doesn't get all sticky.

Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Wicked Cold is right!!!

Ginny - Funny how a new haircolor makes you feel good!

LCruns - Booo on being awake at 3 am...makes for a long day.

Crazysue - Glad you had a nice "mental health/sick day"!

Home today, thankfully.  I have not done any exercise since Sunday's half, and more then likely will NOT do anything for a few days yet...

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon, ladies!  I had a training all morning long.  Ugh.  6 miles tonight.

Judy, that sounds cold!  Nice workouts.

Ginny, nice.  I can never imitate the type of blowdry they do, imagine anything else.

LC Runs, nice runs and weights.

Camille, sorry you missed the chance.

Sue, intervals on the TM sound better than a long run on the TM.  Glad they went well.

Carol, glad you are home today, at least.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Burr I'm glad it isn't 4 here!  Stay warm Judy

It was feels like 30 when I ran.  Went for 4.2 easy miles.  Wouldn't allow myself t look at pace until I was done.  Please at the end though that I had the pace I did and it was easy.

Ginny don't feel bad.  I can't reproduce exactly what my stylist does either!

Yikes 3 am!  Laura that sucks.  I'm lucky this week with DH gone to class Quincy isn't pushing me off the bed or giving me 12 inches of space by the edge of the bed to try to sleep

Camille I haven't tried to spot the station either.  Guess one night we should.

Sue a year ago today was the big first ice storm (1 of 2) here.  Glad to not have that this year!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Brrr! Sounds cold for everywhere but here.

First fall of the year recorded this morning. Stepped on a branch and went down. Fortunately no serious damage, though I had to rethink today's wardrobe -- an above the knee skirt would have revealed too much scraped skin. Also degloved the tip of my right little finger and I didn't realize how much I use that finger to press the shift key.

Anonymous Guest

Back home. Another rest day. Back in the saddle tomorrow. It's cold here, so probably on the TM.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

I made it through the day...actually was feeling pretty good (well, not any more tired than usual)...I will likely crash tonight ha ha.  No run this evening, stayed at work a bit later as my DD needed to be picked up and she was only a few minutes from work.  I'm okay with it, tomorrow's another day

Hi Camille - Nice TM run and core workout!  We are supposed to have some ice/snow mix tomorrow, joy o joy

Sue - great job on the 5 miles yesterday.  I am having a hard time doing any more than 3-4 on the TM (I do a lot of intervals since it at least makes it more interesting).  Great job!

Hi Carol - enjoy the rest days, you deserve them.  I meant to tell you, I have switched to Mid Mich (here in WB) for my medical care, my wellness appointment is the end of February.  I also switched my oldest DD to the same NP here, I really like her.

Damaris - how was the 6 miles??

Marjorie - nice run!  I think I would prefer sleeping with the dog some nights lol!

Tessa - ouch! I hate falls, I still remember my worst one about 5 years ago, same as you, scraped the hands and knees - glad you are okay!

Hi Karen - stay warm!  It's almost move to warmer temps time!!