Womens Running

Winter's on the wing - Wednesday Supermoms (Read 27 times)

Erniegirl

Regarding DH's hideous paint job: I've decided that, instead of nagging him to repaint it, I will just let him leave it as is. When people start coming over and seeing how ugly it is, he will surely decide for himself that it's time to repaint. If people start coming over and liking it, it will know that I need new friends with better taste Smile

~~~~~~

Jen - Aw, poor J. I hope the drops work quickly and you don't catch it from him! Weird on DH not wanting his mom to smell your roast all day...it would smell delicious! Maybe he did not want her to go crazy with hunger .

Bermy - LOL at your dream. I think it means that you are feeling ready to run again! It sounds like you and DS are both on the mend. I find that once you get the weight loss ball rolling, it's not too hard to keep going, so you should be able to get down to 140.

Cx2 - Nice that you get to ease back into your return to work by working from home! Do you get to do that often at your job?

Mer - Glad you got to spend some time with DS this morning. Some mornings I think S looks HUGE, too. It's like they grow a whole bunch overnight. Yay for a day off on Friday. You deserve it!

Arm - I hope your leg holds out for your run. It's good that it's not hurting for everything so you still have tennis and cross training even if it's still sore to run on. Have a good shopping trip! We are finally getting Target here next month, so I am quite excited since all you American ladies seem to love your Target shopping!

Shelby - Aw, so sweet of DH to remember the date and send flowers! You had a good, hard workout yesterday, so the extra sleep was probably good for recovery. I would probably just run the 4 and go to the group thing sweaty. I figure, if you're in your running clothes, people will know why you are sweaty and you probably won't be too bad after an easy 4 miles in the winter.

Mrszm - Hope your DH has a good bday! Good thing you remembered since your girls all forgot Smile

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

bermy is so frustrating. The docs are out of shots - the whole island is out of booster 18mo shots. they said "call on monday and we'll see if they are on the boat". gggrrrrrr... trying to stay calm.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CTimesTwo

mrsz / ernie - I can work from home occasionally but I prefer not to.  It was hard b/c I'd always want to do something else (like laundry, clean the kitchen), plus my work is very social and I wasn't used to having no one around to talk to.  So being on mat leave for a year, mostly by myself, was super hard to adjust to.  If work from home now though someone will have to be around to help me with C though, there's no way I could get work done if I was alone with her..

Oh and I work as a business analyst at a software company.  A desk job basically.

shelby - awww on the flowers!  Nice that he remembered!

mer - I was a secret McD fanatic when I met DH.  Turned out DH loved McD too... so it worked out.. ha...

arm - sorry about the crying and constipation... hope he feels better soon...white cake with chocolate frosting sounds pretty good to me!

strollermama

ernie - Normally I wouldn't think twice.  But unfortunately we are with students from all the discilines - medical, dental, nursing etc - for 2 hours.  I would hate to stink.  And it is supposed to be 60 today!  I did bring my clothes and some wet wipes just in case... Smile

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I feel fine..kinda bugs me that Sam couldn't/wouldn't slow down to MP. I have started too fast and burned out in waaay too many marathons and know better.

CA - have a safe trip.

ernie - I've never had the kelp noodles, but I get mailed a free magazine called Fresh Juice (put out by Loblaws/PC) that had the pad thai recipe in it and I saw the noodles at whole foods last week so I bought them.  The fakeness of the purse is fairly obvious after the google showed what to look for (shoddily sewn seams, and there is a metal piece that is very very crooked)  OMG on the paint colours! you need to post a pic.

jen - I hope your 3.5 hours of staring into the distance is as pleasant as it can be.  I can't believe they don't even let you read a book!

bermy - sucks on the shots not being available.  I guess in the US you won't have that problem, except you have to pay $$$$ for it.

cx2 - oh i am using a purse.  Right now my favourite purse is a Harvey's seatbelt bag that's pretty much indestructable.  I destroyed a fake LV that my mom bought me a few years back.

mer - was dinner gross to you, or gross in general?

arm - if you saw this crooked metal piece you'd know it's fake, because $300+ purses would never look that crappy.

shelby - well considering B loved me on Monday night, I'm not too torn up over his non-love yesterday.

mrszm - your dinner sounds good, is the chicken whole or is it pulled?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

RunningUphill

I posted on FB this morning but will post here too because there is so much to comment on here!

Ernie: That is hilarious about the paint.  And super annoying.  Good for you for leaving it.  But what if your friends go with option C: Pretend to like it because they are really kind friends but in reality hate it and judge you for your poor taste Smile

Bermy: I spent a summer in a small town in Alaska and all of my shopping experiences were like that.  You never knew what would be out.  Very different than my usual life where you can access just about everything, all of the time.  Hopefully he can get his shot before you leave.

Mer: I am a closet McD's lover.  I usually only let myself have it on road trips but lately the thought of most foods make me throw up so anything that sounds edible, I eat.  Unfortunately that means I have been eating nothing but cr@p for 15 weeks.  I had McD's TWICE last week.  I rarely have it more than once every few months.  Now I want it again but I had Panda Express for lunch yesterday.  Combine that with no exercise and I am so gross Joking

Zorbs: I would almost be more proud of a good fake than a real designer purse.  You spend way less and end up with ultimately the same result making you way smarter than the person who buys the real designer bag.

Arm: I went to Target yesterday to buy ds flip flops and was super annoyed that they either didnt have them or I couldn't find them.  I dont want to spend $20 on flips he will trash in a month.

Shelby: That is cute about the flowers.  And I am secretly relieved that you have two "real" anniversaries.  I always think it's kind of weird when people talk about their million different anniversaries- first met, first dtd, married, etc.  Go ahead and celebrate all those but I dont really need to know about it.  But yours is totally legit : )

RunningUphill

I guess i will post my own stuff too!

RR: Walked about 40 minutes last night.  Better than nothing!

NRR: Migraine came back last night.  SUCKS.  I feel like I am on borrowed time today at work. I can't take any meds today or I risk rebound migraines which I just spent all last week trying to get rid of.  SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.  Also still totally nauseous and constipated as you would not believe.  Thank goodness I am getting 2 kids out of this because there is no way in hades I am putting myself through this again.

TR: I am feeling the pressure for him to be 100% potty trained.  he needs to stay dry for 2 weeks before they will move him up to the next classroom. He is SO ready to move up in every other way it is driving me crazy.  We are very close now.

runnergirl9508

Here for a few...on my phone...

Uphill: crossing my fingers W stays dry and can move up! Two weeks seems like a long time. Sorry about the constipation, are you able take Colace?

Mer: are you still planning to run your spring halfs? I hope you get out for your run today, work sounds nuts!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

mrszackmorris

Zorbs: pulled and it is smelling so friggin delicious!

RunningUphill

Runnergirl: I've been taking 3 colace every day.  And occasionally milk of magnesia. I had it bad with my first pg but this is insane.

Zack: I miss food Cry  I (usually) LOVE pulled bbq chick.

btw- I realize I should probably stop posting or at least stop whining because I fear I am making any of you who are undecided about further pregnancies, not want to do it!!

armmama

got 3 miles in this morning - ankle may have hurt or may have been my imagination since I was thinking about it the whole time.  Either way I figured I'd be safe and only run a little rather than push it because I want to be able to run next week at the beach!

shelby - I say it's my ankle but it's right above my inner ankle that hurts.  Happy Anniversary!  DH and I started dating on Valentine's Day so we kind of consider that an anniversary too, although we still don't do anything for it most of the time.  Sweet of him to send you flowers!

uphill - I very rarely find shoes at Target, they always seem to be out of the size I need.  I scored some shoes for one of my girls today but I'm not sure they'll work out anyway, shoes are so hard!

BermyHorse

RR: got in my 4m in shabby old sneakers. Weather was gorgeous. Just really fit guys on trail. And DS is on nap strike. Hoping to make it back for personals.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

Shelby - I take back what I said about not getting too sweaty from an easy run in the winter. It is 34F here and came back from my easy 6k sweating like a beast. I can see why you wouldn't want to be the stinky girl with all those people at your group meeting Wink

Cx2 - Oh yeah, you will totally need help with C to get a full day of work in at home. Sometimes people tell me I must be able to get a lot of work done working from home. I'm like "Um, have you ever been around a baby?". I get in a few hours in the early morning before she wakes up and that's it.

Uphill - Ha, it is times like these that I am lucky most of my friends and family are very blunt. I anticipate many, many big WTFs when people see the paint job! Oh my goodness, you are having a rough go of it right now. I hope you start to feel better soon. My mother had debilitating migraines for years so I have an idea of what you are going through. Hers pretty much stopped once she went through menopause, although I guess that doesn't help you much as it's a long time to wait. Can you take mineral oil for the constipation? My niece was very constipated recently and the Dr told my sister to giver her mineral oil. Apparently it was very effective.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

Bermy – Glad you guys are feeling more normal again and DS isn’t puking.  I hope the appt went well and his shots were ok.  You are tall and skinny bermy!!  Are you selling your cars and buying new in the US?

CTimes – J is just like C that when he is tired or grumpy he doesn’t want to eat.  It is a pain.  Glad you get to work from home on your first day back.  Will you be able to work from home frequently?

Mer – Sorry about your long day yesterday.  Hope you get a nice run in outside.

Arm – Good for you for skipping both activities and getting some stuff done that you need to do.  Sorry L is constipated…I hope you can find a quick solution…prunes?

Shelby – I’m a sweater too, if I run, I MUST shower!  Happy Anniversary!  DH and I got married at the courthouse too but 2 days before our actualy ceremony…we didn’t have a legal official in the state we were living who would perform our ceremony.  Nope, not feeling any better…feeling worseL

Mrszm – Good luck to M tonight.  J needs a haircut bad…I might take him after work today.  Happy Bday to your DH!  Thanks for the drops advice last night.  They went in fine.  DH pinned him down and I forced open his eyes with my fingers and squeezed it in.  Hopefully they look better when I get home.

Uphill – Glad you were able to get a walk in.  Sorry you are still feeling so bad.  I hope they you get to a point soon where it all goes away and you can start to enjoy this.  Good luck with the PTing.  I took Senakot for constipation…it helps…sometimesL

strollermama

ernie:  Just got back from a run and I am so glad I went.  It was close to 60 out but windy.  I wore shorts and a tshirt and didn't sweat too bad.  Hoping my wet wipe bath cleaned me enough to not stink Smile

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40