Womens Running

Neverending Winter Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 7K easy with Amy.  Physio after.  I've had a recurring butthurt for the last couple of weeks. Rolling helps a bit but sometimes I get pain just sitting there and that's not good.  fortunately it doesn't hurt while running.

KR - we played with a Peppa Pig sticker book and he put all the stickers in the right places in the scene.  Then we watched Peppa on the ipad.  It is my favourite show out of the ones he watches, it is hilarious.  Apparently I like dry British humour.

FR - fish chowder.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - I definitely did not feel up to running 5 x 1000 yesterday. But, I got my "new" treadmill! My friend offered to give me her TM a couple weeks ago because she never uses it, but my DH grumbled that it would take up too much space. Anyway, after my big wipeout on ice on Friday, he decided we had plenty of room for it after all, and went and picked it up for me yesterday. So I ended up doing a short TM run and ST last night. I think I will do pretty much the same thing today. This winter has officially broken me. It is -22C this morning, and I flat out refuse to run outside again until it warms up. Which, thankfully, is supposed to happen tomorrow so I will try to make up for all these missed miles over the weekend.

TR - Every time I asked her to do something yesterday, she replied "Okay, baby doll." Ha! Where does she get this stuff from??

NRR - Lots of things to fit in today! Work, go to lab for bloodwork, pick up a few groceries, library program, workout, go to Toronto to meet friends for dinner. My cold seems really minimal, but S has a stuffy nose now and I think she was having trouble breathing because she woke me up a million times last night.

~~~~

zorbs - Hope the bum physio fixes you up! I don't think I've heard of this Peppa Pig, but S loves pigs, so I should look it up.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - well there you go... a show you like Wink  O actually really like pigs too, I should peppa pig on her.  Hope the physio works the kinks outta your butt.

ernie -  YAY for a treadmill!!!!  I don't know how you've survived this winter without one.  I'm tough and will run outside in almost anything but I've definitely used the treadmill this winter.  Glad your cold isn't too bad, but bummer that S has it and it affected your sleep.

me:

RR - 90 minute MLR tonight, probably 15 ish km's.   Then ST'ing.  I hope the PM stays away... it seems that part of this stomach bug I had was that I got all bloated (2 lbs worth), and now my body is working everything back out again... 1 more lb to go - hopefully before the run tonight.

KR - was tired yesterday from sleeping at gmas the night before.  We've discovered the secret to having her eat her entire plate of food at dinner is to tell her we're feeding it to the dogs.

TR - tantrum city.  With M we had to CIO for sleep purposes, I think with O we're going to have to CIO of tantrums.  She just loses her mind every time something doesn't go her way.

FR - made beef stroganoff last night, DH is in charge tonight so either leftovers or he'll come up with something different.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

armmama

Hi everyone!  It's been forever since I've posted but I'm feeling out of the loop so I need to start back up again.

RR - goal is 6 miles with 3 of those at tempo pace today.  I'm trying to maintain mileage but do some speedwork every once in a while before marathon training starts in June.

BR - he has been a bear the last few days.  Crying over EVERYTHING.  He's got a cold so I'm thinking it's just that he doesn't feel well but I hope he gets over it soon because it's really wearing on my nerves.

KR - DD3 had a UTI a couple weeks ago and finished her antibiotics last Tuesday but now she's complaining of back pain right where her kidneys are so I'm afraid I'm going to have to take her in again.  Ugh.

FR - going out.  We have a personal care assistant coming Wednesday nights to help with DD2 and last Wednesday she stood over DH and I while we were trying to eat dinner and talk and it was so awkward and annoying so I decided tonight we're eating out.

NRR - Leaving in 3 days for Spring Break in Arizona, can't wait for some warmth and sunshine!!  DH and I are taking DD1 & 3, and the other two are staying with my mom and DH's mom.  I feel pretty guilty about leaving DD2 but I know she'll have fun with her Grandmas and it'll be nice to have a "normal" vacation with the other girls.

zorbs - Peppa Pig annoyed me at first but I admit all the snorts and things they say crack me up now.  I like the title of this thread - yesterday I ordered the book Strawberry Shortcake and the Winter that Would Not End because I thought it was fitting for this year and I used to love it as a kid.

Ernie - So nice you have a TM but boo on having to use it.  I am beyond ready for it to warm up so all this snow can melt and the sidewalks will be free of ice!

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 4.5 snowy, windy, cold miles. Winter needs a kick in the junk.

TR: running around like a maniac when I got home this morning. Has skipped his nap the past two days, hoping he isn't ready to drop it yet! We played outside for a long time yesterday afternoon.

NRR: need to figure out what we're doing today, as it's in the single digits with windchills, so playing outside isn't going to happen. Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning,

RR: Spin tonight,  my co worker came through and we did 3.1 together then I added another 2.  It was too early to go home and I like having the miles in.

BR: Is sitting up on his own really well.  He barrell rolls around the house...it is adorable,

TR:  Was super excited to show me his project from the library.  Had a pretty big meltdown and time out last night in which he missed most of dinner.  Bad, but it was nice eating in peace for once.

NRR:  We got our taxes done and are getting a huge refund.  I am not happy about the way it all worked out, however, i am happy with our plan for the money we did get.

FR:  Omletts last night were really good.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- maybe you should try a British TV show to watch on Netflix?  I really liked Martin, and I've been watching Fresh Meat and Pramface on Hulu. I've also heard good things about Keeping up Appearances, Blackadder, and Absolutely Fabulous. I also admit to liking Mr. Bean.

Ernie- DH and I discussed future TM placement in the garage, so I'm hoping that we will be able to pick one up in the coming year. You've been such a trooper this winter. I fully admit to being a weenis- usually I am an all weather hardcore runner but 8 mos and counting and my mojo is nowhere to be found.

CA- R freaks if he doesn't get what he wants and NOW. So impatient. Sorry about O's tantrums, funny how two little people from the same parents can be so so different.

armama- enjoy AZ! I hope DD doesn't have a kidney infection!

RG- that seems really early to drop a nap. I think kids usually keep a nap going until age 4-5. That will really suck if that's the case, R is an absolute wreck without a nap, however he only sleeps from 8-6 usually and then takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon.

Mer- we got a big refund this year too, so I reduced my extra witholding because we have increased our 401k contributions a lot and I think we will be in the clear for next year. Don't like giving a free loan to the Govt, but it worked out good for us to have a return.

_____

RR: Lifted at the gym last night- walked on the TM next to RP. She's only running 1-2 miles at a time right now with her injury so we haven't run together in about 2 mos Sad

TR: He was really cute this morning. He heard me in the kitchen and called out "I'm awake! I get up!". Didn't want to go to bed last night and I don't think he fell asleep until after 9.

FR: Made semi-homemade pizza last night- I bought pizza dough at the store- regular for DH and gluten free for me. Mine was OK, DH said his was good but not as good as my homemade crust. DH had bought this spice stuff in a fundraiser called "Hate Dust" made of habanero and ghost chiles that he sprinkled on his. After he ate it he said he was afraid for his next poop. Stirfry tonight, finally! I think there will be a lot of stirfrying in my future, and I'm thinking about making April a vegetarian month. I've gotten in the habit of eating way too much meat and I need to mix things up.

NRR: Spent $2000 on gravel yesterday. Lamest purchase ever.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runningeh if you are on here today-  Washington recently legalized marijuana, and DH told me that the other day he went on a EMS call for a "sick person" that turned out to be a 77 year old lady who tried pot for the first time and got too high. lol

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I make pie crust with liquor instead of water. You can make the dough "wetter" than you can with water, which makes it easier to roll out and it doesn't get tough because there's not enough water to activate the gluten. Plus it makes it taste yummy. Spiced rum= more flavor than water.

runninmer

zorbs - I think I need to look up Peppa Pig...never heard of it.

ernie - I have to agree.  I have decided that running outside in the cold doesn't make me badass anymore.  Its just dumb and I am sick of it.  I hate being cold, and granted you warm up, it still sucks.  We are supposed to get high 50's on Sunday, but I doubt I will get to enjoy it.  The thought of the warmth is nice.  Hope all of your appointments are going well.

CAR - I hope you have a good MLR tonight.  We have to tell J to stop crying all. the. time.  He is such an emotional little guy.

armmama - Arizona sounds so WARM right now!  I hope you have a good time.  That sucks about the UTI.  Enjoy eating out tonight.

rg - Oh, no.  Nap skipping is not a good thing!  Ha! I like your thought process with winter!

spike - I laughed about your DH's call.  That is too funny.  Yeah, that is a bummer purchase with the gravel.  I'm surprised DH hasn't mentioned us redoing our drive with our return.  The size of the return is primarily because of DH's business.  Although, he said "my" portion of it was pretty big.  I really want to talk to the accountant, because I feel like things should be done differently within the business.  That's what I get for sending DH with out me.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - congrats on becoming a proud parent of a home TM! where did you put it, the basement?

CA - I would watch Peppa Pig except the episodes are about 5 min long so it would take a lot to fill up 10K+ worth of TM time.

arm - how did you decide while kids to take on vacation? are they ok with it?

mer - rolling around the house sounds very cute!

rg - B I think only naps about half the time, although if you ask him if he slept he'll always say yes.  I can't tell whether he naps because he is very willing to stay quietly in his room, and that's all I really care about.

spike - lol on Hate Dust.  G always worries about touching his junk after touching peppers more than he worries about the ring of fire the next morning.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

arm - Hey, nice to see you on here!  Enjoy the dinner out!  Oh no on DD's UTI, hopefully it's not in her kidneys.  Arizon sounds amazing right now.

RG - I agree on winter... it's snowing right now and our run is going to be a gross trudge through fresh snow.  UGH.  Hope R naps for you today!

mer - I haven't even looked at our taxes yet... must do that, but don't know when I have time.  Sorry about the meltdown, but a quiet dinner sounds nice.

spike - that sucks that Rp in injured, what's her injury?  Yay, gravel! Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Joan's having mysterious shin pain. She took 3-4 weeks of full rest and it was still there when she tried running. Xray showed no sfx, and the ART chiro thinks it might be a really stubborn case of shin splints in just one shin. Heidi's DH is at police academy until August (single parenting 3 kids) and is coaching Track, so she's not home until 7 most nights. I'm lonely!