Womens Running

Twirling Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Remember twirling yourself around for entertainment?

Please do not confuse this title with twerking.

Off to run outside then work.  Cali is calling.. not sure what I'm wearing or packing for this place but it will come together.

Have a great day!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

This is Twister Tuesday for us. A few funnel clouds came through last night but none touched down that we are aware. I spent 2.5 hours waiting in various safe hallways of our apartment building.   We are all safe. It was scary when the quarter sized hail was banging on the windows though. DH and I used to belong to a Skywarn group of radio amateur tornado ground spotters.They gave great classes every spring. We were not tornado chasers, however.  I still have a HAM radio license. Ahhh, makes me want to go out and buy a new radio.

Before all that above stuff, I went to the track and did a light 25 minutes of running. I had done a lot the day before, so wanted to keep it easy.

Track run today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

SugarLand

Judy so glad you are safe - it has been raining since last night around 10pm hopefully should end around noon today - pool is about to over flow

ran 4.5 miles yesterday have another 4.5 today on the TM

Tessa have a great trip

Everyone have a safe day

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  The 6 went OK.  Pilates and 6-7 tonight.

Lisa, twerking is something Puerto Ricans have been doing for decades with our reggaeton music.  We don't call it that, though.  Enjoy the run and work.  Cali is calling me too!

Judy, stay safe!

SugarLand, nice runs!

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

3 sweaty miles this morning, and I loved every minute!  I just love that feeling.  Most people will not agree, but after this winter that would never end, it felt great!  Like Judy, we had severe weather last night and the tornado sirens were going off, so not a real restful night.  This morning it is gorgeous out and I hate having to be at work.

Lisa...I do remember twirling for entertainment.  Also know that you enjoyed a sweaty run this morning also!  It's about time.

Morning all!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Enjoy California....that place looks AMAZING!

Judy - How frightening, and tiring to be sitting in the hall for 2 hours.  Glad you are safe.

Sugarland - Hope the rain stops long enought to get your run in.

Damarias - Enjoy the pilates and 6-7!

Had a good stability ball class yesterday.  Instructor had some "new" things to try...ouch!  My arms are sore today Smile

Running a few easy ones today.

Carol

4.5 miles... nice and steamy (sorry Damaris) and they felt good.  Trees in bloom so at times I felt like I was running in a dark, steamy, perfumed tunnel.  when I imagine that I'm smelling dryer sheets I know that the trees are blooming!  I'm sure that is meant to be the other way around.

Tessa-I wish the timing worked out better but I remember your calendar and didn't think that it would.  Saturday morning is also open.  we have various outings planned for afternoons and I intend to be the best guest/traveling partner possible now that I see where we are going.  Hope you understand.  Safe travels!

Judy-sirens were going off here too at times.  I even dreamed about tornados.

Vicki-my DD talked about rain down there. She had soccer games that she coached in them.

Damaris-when and where are you going?

Lisa

Ugh.  Crappy run this morning.  Calf hurts, hot and steamy, and I had to go to the bathroom so bad!!  And DS2 was in the shower when I got home.  Didn't think he'd ever get out!  Sorry for the ugly details.  Hope everyone has a better run day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

URD. Got up to run but I didn't keep well so I just couldn't make the run happen

Tessa hope your travels go well

waves to everyone. I'm going back to conference.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, sorry it will not work out -- next time!

Susan, ugh on the bathroom being occupied when you got home.

Hi everyone, waving quickly before going to bed -- we need to leave early tomorrow. 4 miles this morning on foot followed by 400 plus driving.