Womens Running

Friday Has Arrived (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, special comforting thoughts to you about DH and his problems.

Finally feeling somewhat better. Hair is cut & colored. Had a good night's sleep. Grateful.

Took USDO yesterday since stomach still felt rocky.

Today I hope to do a good run/cardio dvd after work. I think some yoga is in store as well.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

TGIF!

USRD, slept through the alarm

Hi Judy - sorry to hear the tummy is still giving you trouble.  Hope you feel better soon.

Have to get caught up, hope everyone is doing well.

TGIF!!  Swam this morning.

Need to call the plumber again---two leaks that he "fixed" a couple of months ago.  Debating if I should call the same guy and see if he will fix it for free/reduced cost since he worked on it a few months ago.  One spot is where I had the disasterous pipe break under the bathroom sink.  Or, should I call another plumber and see if they are any better?  IDK.  I have to turn off the water at the washer when I am not using it, and that is getting old too.

Judy--hope you start feeling better soon.

Carol--my coach is a physical therapist SAHM who is a marathoner and iron man finisher (3x, I think ).  She did a strength eval on me, gave me strengthening exercises, assessed my current level of fitness and goals.  She then developed a detailed monthly training calendar for me.  For my last race, she wrote out a generalized  three day eating plan, and paces for different parts of the race.  She is training 13-14 ladies (and one high school track runner-male).  So far I am very pleased.

Have a great day!!

Anonymous Guest

Working from home again. Roads were icy this morning and I wouldn't be able to make it in for my 10 a.m. conference call. Once that was over it was 11, and not really worth it to go in for just a few hours. Plus the boss emailed that the roads and sidewalks in DC were bad this morning so we should just work at home if we could. I am planning on 11 miles. I might try to run some of them outside this afternoon. The sun is out and it's in the upper 30s, so the roads are melting pretty quickly and as long as there's not a lot of cars out, running should be doable.

Susan, I would call the guy from before and tell him his "fix" didn't work. See what he has to say. And wow, your coach sounds awesome.

Morning Laura and Judy!

Thinking positive thoughts for Damaris' surgery today.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 this am.

Judy did did you figure out what good made you and your friend Ill?

karen the ice is crazy.

Damaris is did post on FB she was through surgery and in her room

waves to everyone.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I do fly bys too. Oh well.

Susan, I would call the plumber and give him a chance to fix it, but if he doesn't then that's the end of him. Find another plumber. There are plenty out there.

Judy, glad you are feeling better. I hope everything in the fridge is OK. Can you freeze some?

Lisa, not sure about pot hole season. Subsidence and frost heaves are not usually covered by insurance. However, things like broken axles on cars that hit potholes would be covered (after deductible) since that is collision even if it's collision with the ground.

Cindy, sounds like you had an unexpectedly good run!

Marjorie, thanks for the update on Damaris. The ice sounds awful. I'm waiting on a document from a colleague in Charleston and I don't think they've been in all week. I feel particularly sorry for people who work jobs where if they don't work they don't get paid. All  the cashiers and cooks and child care workers are going to be hurting when the bills come due.

Laura, urgh on sleeping through the alarm. Did you make it to work?

4.25 solo this morning, RN and RNDH are on their way to visit her dad in AZ and do Lost Dutchman. Not sure which is higher on their priority list! Big beautiful full moon. Which sort of makes up for the fact that it was 90 degrees yesterday. We will be happy to swap sunshine for precipitation!

DH has a UTI. He is miserable. He has been going to the bathroom every few minutes. I worked from home yesterday because I wanted to stay with him. Hospice is phoning in a scrip for antibiotics but I don't have them yet. I did pick up some AZO (that pill that stops the pain and makes one's pee orange) and that seems to have helped.