Womens Running

Tortilla Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

In case you didn't know... it is National Tortilla Day.  Ole!

Heading to gym for TM.  Spring where are you?

Carol-All of Saturday I was in North Branch High School.... Sunday was trail fun. Congrats on the long run!

Ginny-you would have loved the trails ... at this point they really weren't technical.  Just snowy packed.  no roller coasters at this time of year!

Camille-have fun hiking!

Karen-for the sake of all in the hotel.. please use the common areas for periods of time.  LOL  Wow.. you did throw the kitchen sink at PF!  Glad it went down the drain for you.

Sue-groan on the 16 year old plumber!

Marjorie-hope your rain stays away!  or isn't freezing.

Susan-Sunday's are my only days available to run trails during Forensics season so... this Sunday!  Location TBD.. (Usually night before.. lol)  Will PM you Saturday.

Gatsby-yup she was sort of bummed but when she even tried working flights in that had her missing part of recital, other kid stuff that weekend, and all of the conditions being right to get there on time with a late flight.  Know when to fold 'em and what takes priority.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Runnersmom1320, my doc told me to roll as you are and only wear shoes with the arch supports I got from him. I also found that my Brooks Adrenalines had the right amount of drop from heel to forefoot. Wearing them all the time made a great deal of difference. My Ravenna 5 shoes didn't have as low a drop. One other thing, I can wear my Merrell sandals at home because they have a decent arch support.

Monday was a 60 minute TM run here at home. The foot still seems ok. I am watchful of it lest it get wonky again. My thumbs and fingers keep splitting open due to the work I do. It doesn’t happen in the summer. Winter is another story even if I use creams, etc.

Today will be a cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Lisa...one of these weekends I may just come visit and run a trail with you!

I have to say that this morning that I had a great TM run, if you can believe it!  My friend from work was there, so I had someone to talk with and I just ran great.  Even cranked it up to 5.0, which is wonderful for me!  Time went really fast and it was just great!  Hope the rest of my day continues in this way. 5 miles.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!!  Went to bed early last night, actually slept and feel much better today.  Five miles on the tm w some speed intervals.

Karen--house sounds great!  I am trying not to freak out about IMTX.  Going to trust my training.  Slow but finish--that is all I want to do.

Hoping the construction guys are done--they were cutting bricks on the exterior of the office and it just made my teeth rattle all day.  Oh no--I hear them firing up the saw again.  OMG--so tired of it!!  They have been out there for almost a week.

Y'all have a great day!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan/crazysue, that sounds like the plumbing experience from hell. And most of it not your fault so should not have been charged to you. Too fat to get under the sink? That should be a hint to him to either change professions or lose weight.

Carol, I have been to Nashville but only to the Opryland resort which I did not find all that great, it is some way out of town and they do their best to keep visitors on the campus rather than let them go spend their money elsewhere. If you are staying downtown that should be more enjoyable.

Marjorie, freezing rain? Oh no!

Karen, I strongly recommend taking laptop and going to hotel lobby or finding somewhere else to work some of the time.

Lisa, yes gardening, it should look nice in 7.5 weeks! *grin*

Judy, hope your hands heal soon.

Waving to everyone else...

4 miles this morning with RN. It was 59 degrees at the thermostat which means my bedroom was colder since it has 3 exterior walls. Brrr. Yes I know that's not much compared with most of the country, but most of the country has the heat on and we do not.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Decided on it being a rest day other than Pilates. Cold rain didn't sound like fun to do intervals in. At least we avoided the ice. Still nasty cold and rain. Yuck 

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Freezing rain stayed inland and North. Glad for that.

Tortilla day?  Hmm odd day for that but okay.  Hope your day is great, Lisa

Karen glad the house is turning out well. Pool too?  Fun. But, lots of work

Tessa that is cold to me too!  59 in the house?  I set ours to 68. Still cool but I just use blankets. Dry heat from the heater drives me nuts and I get bloody noses.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

5 easy TM miles. This rainy, chilly weather is supposed to move out by tomorrow morning, so I should be able to run the rest of the week in sunshine and 50s.

So far, no issues with sharing the hotel room work space. After 20 years of marriage, I can tune him out pretty well!

Lisa, Spring is right here. Just down the road in fact. Oh, you mean the season, not the town. Ha.

Ginny, yay for the awesome TM run! I can't say that mine was anywhere near awesome, but I do feel better now that I've done it.

Susan, the constant construction would drive me bonkers. Hope they finish up soon.

Tessa, I'm impressed you made it out from under the covers with those temps! I think I would have definitely rolled over and slept in.

Marjorie, I think on the weather I was seeing snow not far to the north of you - so while cold rain sucks (that's what we've had here too), it could be worse! We can't start construction on the pool until we take ownership of the house. Plus we need to get the old house on the market - as soon as we do, we can get an interest free loan from DH's employer for the amount of equity we have in it, which will be enough for a very nice pool! We do want to do it quickly though, as the house on one side hasn't been started yet. Access will be much easier for the pool construction with an empty lot next door, as opposed to another house right there (and yes, this is typical suburbia where the houses are really close together).

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ginny-yeah for the good tm run... leaving me and my heartrate in the dust at 5.0!

Sue-sawing of bricks is a horrible sound!

Tessa-cold is cold.  although carrots freezing together and coffee in a frozen chunk in car is pretty cold.  The other day my phone plain old shut off when I got into my car.  it was too cold for it.  I am looking forward to seeing a garden.

Marjorie-I like searching for the odd holidays.  today was Tortilla Day.

Karen-I know Spring well. That is where dd teaches!

3.5 miles this morning on tm. donated blood today but I think I'll run tomorrow too since I can't do upper body weights.  I guess I could do stair climbing.

Lisa

Hi all,

Lisa, let me know about Sunday.

Sorry not to get on... bought new shoes yesterday. Foot feels a bit better.  Should have gone to the gym... well maybe I shouldn't have.  Well at least walked one loop at the mall with DH (~1.2 miles).  I'm giving up on the 100+ mile month.  Was ok until this week, but I guess I shouldn't push it and I have to admit I'm exhausted.  Spring semester is hard enough normally, add on associate chair duties that I didn't have last year, and helping DH with his freshman writing class and I'm going to go batty this semester.

Well hi to all!