Womens Running

Doubtful Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Apparently it is International Skeptics Day, however I find this doubtful since there is no mention of it on the Skeptic.com site.  Hmmm...

Lisa

LC Runs

Good Morning!  Sorry for the sporadic check in's, hope everyone is doing well

Due to snow, wind, ice, I've been on the TM for the past week.   3 TM this morning, plus some planks.  Yesterday I ran 2.5 in the am, followed by some weights, was able to get in 2 more evening TM miles.  I've had a head cold since late last week, ugh.  I don't feel terrible, but my voice is pretty much gone, which doesn't help when you have to make numerous phone calls at work.  I'm just sucking it up this week, hoping that Friday is here quickly lol.

Hi Lisa - thanks for starting us off today!

Shout outs to Ginny, Judy, Tessa, Marjorie, Karen, CrazySue, Camille, Damaris, AnnieSusan, Carol.....everyone

Bikerchick1

Lisa - What are YOU doing on a "Skeptic" site....so not YOU!!!

LCruns - Hope you start feeling better!

Stability ball class yesterday.  Today going to brave the outside with a run with RB this afternoon.  Will be in the teens.

Carol

Good Morning!!

Warm and humid here today--ran 5 miles in shorts and a t-shirt with Jeffrey.  Weather is blowing in--temps supposed to drop and maybe bring some rain.  Crazy weather.

ginnyb

Ah, what I wouldn't do for warm and humid.  Supposed to dip down to -6 tonight.

Needless to say, 3 on the TM this morning, we are getting to be good friends (not really)  I have been trying to do a plank or two every day also.

Tessa......going with neutrals in the bathroom...it is right off the kitchen and the kitchen has cream/white cupboards and grayish counter tops, cranberry thrown in here and there.

We were talking about gray hair last week.  Mine is a mess, it is so gray now that the roots color so much lighter than the rest of my hair, if I go dark enough to cover the roots I look like a goth!  So, I have about three colors going on right now, gray at the very root, light brown/reddish from there and then dark.  Not liking the look.  Think I will have to go to a colorist and see what can be done besides going gray.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

I'm really bummed. Doctor this morning said no way in hell should I be even thinking about running a marathon on Saturday. To be honest, right now I still feel like I've been run over by a truck and don't think that I could even get to the finish line. And assuming I'm feeling better by Saturday, it wouldn't be pretty even if I could. So, I have decided to bail. I have never been to Charleston and was really looking forward to seeing it and hanging out with Marjorie and Tessa. But South Carolina will have to wait.

In good news, new boss is working on an agreement that will lay out travel, responsibilities, expectations, etc. for me working remotely. The agreement will go to the end of the year, at which time we will reevaluate. See if it's working for me, if it's working for the association, if we need to change how we do anything, etc.

If I'm feeling any better, I think I'm going to still take a vacation day Friday. I've been sick since the beginning of the year and could use a "me" day. I took my Thursday afternoon off the calendar, but left Friday for now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.5 for me today. Pilates later

Laura takes a lot of strength to do the TM

Lisa hmm skeptics day

Ginny too bad you aren't coming here. The weather will be really good for the race this weekend.

Tessa looks like mostly 50s this Sat. High now around 63

Karen you'll just have to do it next year. You can still stay here. Myrtle is in Feb also. it is a 90 miles from here. So two possibilities.

Marjorie

Yes, skeptics day... I don't think it's a real thing though.

LOL

Marjorie-Hope you have a great weekend. Weather sounds nice!

Karen-I am finally over this except for residual clearing of throat.  What did doc say is going on?

Ginny-just put color mostly on the roots. That's what I do.  It gets onto other parts of hair but not as much as if I had colored.  I had it compared to painting over the same area again and again.  If you put it all over the hair towards ends will be a lot darker.  I've been coloring since I was 27/28.

Carol-truth be told (not that I expect you really want to know or will believe me) I googled the date for something interesting and there it was. Believe it or not.

AnnieSusan-we are all loving our treadmills.

Did lower body and ab workout this morning.  I'm using January as a low mileage month with mid-week runs being on TM so that I stay off of pavement.  I don't get very far on TM and have been doing other cardio machines: elliptical, stair climber, waverider, bike.  Boring.

Lisa

Started wondering about my order from running warehouse so checked the link for tracking and "delivered to front door Tuesday January 12 at 5:30". Hmmm... There it was!  Skeptical no more.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Awww, Karen. I'm sorry. That sucks.

I think you should still come and hang out with us...

Marjorie, thanks for the update -- sounds like it will be a LS tech shirt and shorts day.

Lisa, why are you on a skeptics site?

Ginny, as long as the suggestion as to what to do about your hair isn't 'shave it"...

Hi Laura, Carol, Susan, and others to come!

No run this morning or at lunch, but did get 4 miles in this evening after the dentist.