Womens Running

Wet Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER/RR - ST at the gym, then 13K with Amy.  It's supposed to be a mix of wet crap this morning, I'm glad for the warmer temps, but tbh, I'd rather run in -20 because I hate hate hate being wet cold.

KR - really obsessed with playing tea party! We sit at his little table in the kid sized chairs, he pours the imaginary tea, cuts the wooden fruit on plates, we have music on the retro-style Fisher Price record player (the one with pastel records, you totally know what I'm talking about) and we finish off with wooden pizza.

FR - french onion soup

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

ER - ST. My legs were getting really tired towards the end of my run yesterday, so I'm happy for a little running break.

TR - She loves to sit in the driver's seat of my car, so I let her do that on the driveway for a bit and didn't notice she had turned on my headlights. A couple hours later, my neighbour knocked on my door to tell me my lights were on, and then looked behind me and started laughing. S was walking around in the hall, wearing one of my silk nighties and dragging a roll of toilet paper behind her.

FR - Kale and potato cakes, pickled beets

NRR - I'm taking S to library program this morning and then planning to stay home the rest of the day because it's going to be a mess out there - freezing rain this morning, rain all afternoon and then snow at night. Lovely.

~~~~~

zorbs - Are you guys getting freezing rain or just rain? Hopefully it's not too slippery for your run. I also hate running in rain in early spring/late fall. I want a retro fisher price record player!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Spin class tonight.

BR:  He is just so big.  I got him out of his crib this morning and it didn't feel like I was holding a baby.

TR:  Was warmer to me last night.  Wanted to sit on my lap and play...but DH wasn't around.  Those two are just super close I guess.  Is feeling better, but not 100%.  Will probably go to Y class today.

NRR:  Not a lot going on right now.  Our weekends are booked through the end of April which is just crazy.  But it should all be in fun.

FR:  Chili for dinner last night was good, but lacked spices.  I know DH does that because of nursing and we don't want H to get an upset tummy, but it was kind of bland.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - 8k at lunch, I have a meeting at 1:00 so hopefully I'm not too stinky.

KR - was awake but didn't want to see me when I got home last night.  She was tired and grumpy so I let it pass.

BR - didn't see her yesterday, but was told she stayed fever free so that's good.  She's saying so many words now, it's crazy, anytime you give her something she wants she says 'tanks' in the cutest little voice.

FR - perogies and farmers sausage.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5.2 miles. I need to figure out something to add to my breakfast on the mornings I do Bootcamp, as I'm getting hungry about 45 min through, then feeling low energy on my run.

TR: had fun at the park yesterday afternoon. Loves running up and down the big grassy hills- repeats anyone?!

NRR; nothing planned for today. Probably play outside for a bit this morning, as we are going to get rain later today and tomorrow.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I agree on the wet/cold, it's the worst.  B's little retro party sounds awesome!

ernie - LOL on S in  your nightie!!  Enjoy the rest day from running, hope  you don't get too much rain/snow.

mer - M and my DH are super close too.  I'm glad DH is so involved!  Too bad on the chili, I never noticed a difference in my kids nursing/fussiness with what I ate.

RG - what are you eating for bfast?  Have fun outside while you can today!

runninmer

zorbs - That is super cute about B!  And yes, I know that record player! Smile

ernie - Enjoy your running break.  I think about STing every time I run, but still don't do it.  I need to make it a priority.  Have fun at the library.

CAR - Have a good lunch run.  I think DH is a little overly cautious, but H has gotten pretty bad gas after I've eaten spicy things.

rg - You surprised me the other day with the comment about not having a muffin with breakfast.  What if you added something like that?  I had a chunk of banana bread with my cereal this morning.  Figured it was just like a muffin but in a different shape! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

running eh

RR - walked last night and did an hour long prenatal yoga video this morning.  So long and quite boring, but my core was quivering - I really should try to do this on a regular basis...

NRR - Fireplace guy came to fix our fireplace yesterday.  He changed two batteries and it lit up right away.  DH came home and went to flick on the fire and it's not working again.

FR - tuna melts, salad.  I think it's been a really long time since I have made tuna - I am wondering if the kids are going to like it.

KR - DD1 got glasses on Monday.  She was so excited to wear them to school yesterday - they look really cute on her.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Took DS hiking last night, kid took to the trails like a duck to water. He's ran straight uphill for probably a good quarter mile before taking a short walk break. He probably walked at least .5-.75 of a mile before I could convince him to get into the backpack (training my legs up for summer backpacking trips and trying to break in my boots), he didn't let me carry him for more than a mile and then ran down the trails back to the car without falling once. When we got to the bottom of the hill, he said "more hill please please mama" and ran back up so we walked another loop around a short trail.

TR: R barfed all over his lap while on the potty this morning, so he's home with daddy, and I'm not sure what the day will bring as far as running/lifting goes. Maybe a stroller run later if he is feeling better, haven't done one in a long time.

FR: Last night I made a yummy pasta with italian sausage, rapini, and roasted tomatoes. DH elected to eat leftovers because he hates the fennel seed in italian sausage.

NRR: Its supposed to be DH's 7 days in a row off, and as usual he's already been scheduled to work. Tomorrow he's going to take a class on generation governors, and OT Saturday. The money is nice but I feel like he never really takes a break and he said he was going to take R to do something fun, which I highly doubt will happen now.

NRR2- scheduled rare time for myself on Friday night- going out with a friend for dinner and to see Divergent.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- we have that same record player- I hate that toy lol. So cute about the tea party. Your FR sounds so good, I would make it, but I'm sure its not the same without the toasted baugette on top- GF bread just doesn't do it for me.

Ernie-Sorry about your weather- that sucks! Our temps are nice, and we are getting sunshine, but its always super duper windy here in March- last week the wind blew down a building that was under construction in the next town over, and we usually get one storm a year that knocks over powerlines and uproots trees.

Mer- DH hates it when I make taco soup or chili less spicy so R can eat it too.

CA- I had an old guy compliment me on R's pleases and thank yous the other day and he said he never sees that anymore- I was kind of confused because all the little kids I know are super polite that way.

eh- is your pilot light out?  I made tuna casserole last week and was kind of suprised that R ate it- he hasn't been a fan of tuna salad, but I don't think he likes mayo yet.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

spike - Your hike sounds like a lot of fun! Smile  I wish we had trails around here.  Also, your night out sounds divine. I feel like I haven't been "out with the girls" since Moxie drove out for a shopping day while I was on maternity leave.  My time is spent either at home or out with DH.  I should really work on that.  I think that girl time is something I am missing a lot of lately.

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- R was being kind of a shit on the hike though, which makes sense since he's sick today. He was really upset when we left daycare because he slept too late and didn't get to play outside in the afternoon. I'm the same way, I spend a lot of time at home with DH and R, and if I do get time to myself or with friends it is for running only. Its mainly my problem though, DH doesn't care if I go out as long as we arrange it in advance, I just get mom guilt for taking time away from the family.  Our trails are rocks and dirt winding through sagebrush and no tree cover, so this time of year is the best on the trails- in the next month there will be billions of wildflowers all over the hill, and then it will just dry out and turn brown again.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - our pilot often goes out on our fireplace, it's an easy fix by just pushing a button inside the controls.  YUM tuna melts!!

spike - hiking sounds fun!!  Bummer on R's being sick today, but good that DH was home to stay with him.  I totally want to go see Divergent, don't think I can fit it in this weekend though.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - it rained when I was driving home from the gym, but stayed dry through the run. Fisher Price has a bunch of re-issued retro toys: the record player, the TV, the rotary phone and the vacuum cleaner with the clear dome with balls inside.

mer - I look and feel awful if I don't ST, plus I hate when my clients get stronger than me.

CA - baby wipes and deodorant work wonders for clean up.  When B opened the food/kitchen toys I was thinking he'd never play with those, but he is loving them!

eh - I got over my phobia of canned tuna last summer, but I think heated up canned tuna still scares me.

spike - it seems like my parents are always buying B musical toys and at first I wonder if my parents are trying to get revenge on having to listen to me learn/practice recorder, piano, flute, clarinet, singing in my childhood..but then I realize I'm completely immune to bad/repetitive music from work.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RR update - well I won't be running at lunch... forgot to bring bottoms, oooops!  I will run from home before I pick my kids up.