Womens Running

Temporary Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Temporary because Wednesday will come fairly soon.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday was a long walk with coach at the gym after doing 40 minutes of running. (I ran to the bank and back at lunch today. It took me 5 minutes. )The track running got easier after a long warm up. I’m trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm trying to make sure I have some "me" time for my history study each evening, even though it is only about an hour or so. I enjoy studying.

Today I plan a track run at the gym.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning, Judy! Getting ready to go out for a short easy run.

Just want to tell Karen that we will start calling her "Batgirl" now.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

SugarLand

Morning

Karen the batgirl - Congrat's again - the pics are great

Tessa - we planted roses and hibiscus - I am trying a new mulch called Preen it's suppose to stop weeds for 3 months we will see - I only have 3 more flower beds to weed and mulch

Ran 3.5 have a speed session on the plan today

hi to everyone and have a blessed day

Vicki

Good Morning!!  5 miles this morning: 2easy/4x800 @ 8:00 pace /easy

Lisa--HAHAHAHA!!!  you are too funny.  No, BF is not responsible for the missing socks and bra strap yet----but he would like to be!

Karen--I like the pics.  BATABATABATABAT GIRL!

Y'all have a fun day.

annieSusan

Congratulations, Karen! Loved the pictures!

Easy 4 miles yesterday, and hoping to get out on my road bike today. I will make it a short ride; the seat of my road bike is a lot different than  my other bike, and it will take a few rides to get comfortable again. But it does appear that spring is finally here. hooray!

good runs, all!

annieSusan

ginnyb

Congratulations again Karen!  Loved seeing all the pictures.

2 miles for me this morning, it was kind of humid, felt good.

Sue...glad the dog is alright.

Judy...good you are getting back in the swing of things.  How is work?  We are in the process of hiring a new director, always scary.

anniesusan....I hope you are right that Spring has arrived, still on the fence here, supposed to be a hi of 48 again tomorrow, after 83 yesterday.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had depositions and meetings of creditors yesterday so I was scarce but I was tracking Boston runners left and right (via text alerts).  Congrats to Karen for a great performance and best of all, for the amazing experience!

I did 6 miles yesterday and have 12 miles tonight.

judy, enjoy the track run!

THM, enjoy the short run.

Sugarland, nice 3.5.  Enjoy the garden duties.

Sue, nice workout.  And LOL at your BF comment.

Annie, nice 4.  Enjoy the ride.

Ginny, glad you enjoyed the 2.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa! I did not think of that -- now if Susan had reported the entire bra missing, I might have wondered. Now we know where YOUR mind is!

Karen, congratulations, good work. I'm sure you'll requalify in a number of other races!

Judy, how far away is the bank?

Amy, good to see you and glad to know you are running.

Vicki, roses and hibiscus, nice. I have my tomatoes in and a lemon tree planted, roses don't do too well here unless you dig in enough soil amendment to expand the state of California. Too dry and the soil is poor.

Susan, he's a guy, of course he would like to be! *wicked grin* I hope the missing items show up. Naughty dog.

Hi annieSusan! I don't think any bike seat is comfortable, you are to be commended. Those things hurt.

Ginny, wow, what a swing of temperatures! That must be difficult not only when figuring out what to wear but also what covers to put on the beds and so forth.

Damaris, good runs. I was getting text alerts too.

One lady in my class last night said her nephew ran Boston yesterday and she wasn't sure how he did. "He posted on Facebook that he ran 2:35, is that good?" Um, YES. At the break I pulled up the results and showed her his stats. Overall 195, gender 172, division 154. She said "that means that 194 people came ahead of him?"

Me: "Yes."

Her: "How many people are there in the race?"

Me: "About thirty-five thousand."

She considered that for a moment and said "Wow, he did a lot better than I thought he did!"

All I could say was "yes, he did very well." No comment about "I'd like to see you do better!"

Sigh. I can dream.

4 this morning, without RN (of course...she was probably still sleeping despite being 3 hours ahead of here!), I ran to the post office and back. Going to the gym at lunch. Tomorrow I'm going to the doctor, we're scheduled to have the garage door installed, and the guy is coming to look at the MG. So working from home.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me today

several calls and just work stuff.

Sue glad the dating is going well.

Judy glad you found Sunday buddy

Vicki good luck with the Preen. I don't like it but hope it works for you

Ginny I know you are happy to have some humidity!

Tessa wow. Her nephew is fast!

Heya D

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

We made it home! And in bigger news, my parents successfully navigated public transportation in Boston by themselves this afternoon and made it to the airport. Jake is out of jail and snoring on the floor by my feet. If I could get some laundry done, things would be almost back to normal. I swear I spent the last 24 hours trying to catch up with all the fb posts, emails, texts, etc. I got before, during and after the race. It was such an amazing experience and I want to get a race report done before I forget any of it. But I'm so tired I can hardly think straight!

I wanted to share this short video clip. I know one of the elite women running yesterday, and she got passed by Meb at mile 19. Someone happened to be shooting video there. Her reaction when she sees it's him is just awesome (it's a little over a minute in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgIEH0Wx4aY

She had an amazing day and PR'd in 2:47 and change. Almost everyone else I know ran similar to me - slower and slower as it got hotter and hotter (except her and Arimathea's RN). I am happy with what I ran, and even happier that I beat my number - finished in 17,472nd place!

Tessa, pass on my congrats to RN - fantastic job.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, congratulations on beating your number! That is good.

I will indeed pass on congratulations to RN. She actually passed you at about 27 km -- if you saw a dark haired woman wearing a baseball cap (probably pink or white) and a running skirt, likely plaid, that was her. I'm trying to talk her into doing the CT/RI double in October. She's tempted.

Glad your parents made it back out of Boston safely, and that you have sprung Jake from incarceration.

3 miles at the gym this lunchtime. I forgot my running bra so did an easy 3 miles in my regular one and hopped off the TM before I started sweating too much. It won't hurt me to do an easy day.

Bikerchick1

Thankfully today was only temporary...whew.  Started out with a 7am mandatory computer training, and ended up with a provider meeting at 5 pm...ugh.  Planned on a run after work, but by the time I got home still had some work to do on computer....boooo.  Oh well, conference tomorrow, so feels like a vacation day!

Judy - Curious what type of history you are studying?

Amy - Enjoy your run!

Vicki - Enjoy your speed training.  What kind of training are you doing?

Crazysue - LOL, on your comment on BF...agree with Tessa, he is a guy, therefore I am sure he is interested in missing bra strap LOL...Wow on 8:00 pace for your 800's!

AnnieSusan - Nice to hear from you!!!  I think those of us in the Midwest just might be seeing spring!!!  Haven't gotten my bike out, but would like to.  Are you doing any Tri's this summer?

Ginny - When is your half?

Damarais - Nice on the 6 and hope the 12 goes good!

Tessa - One of our local guys ran a 2:30 something as well yesterday...I watched his splits and he barely wavered....AMAZING.  He blows everyone away here in any races he enters he is also 39 y/o.  Funny how if you don't run, those times really don't mean much to people.  Bet you can't wait to hear your RN's RR.

Marjorie - Nice 10.2....thought this was a cutback week Wink

Karen - I bet you are tired out!  Did your parents enjoy the race?

Carol

Tessa-I am texting you contact information for 1 of 2 young women who are hiking the PCT.  I sat next to one of them from Minneapolis to San Diego.  they have someone here in San Diego and someone in Oregon.  "there are towns in between"  I made no promises or anything about you meeting them or hiking with them or anything like that but maybe you know some other runners who are familiar with PCT and have tips, whatever.  This way they have one name and number in that region.

www.bringyourownbandaids.weebly.com is their blog.  I talked to her about not blogging in anywhere close to real time.  There was a kayaker in northern Michigan who had someone follow her online then attacked her since he knew where she was putting in to camp.  Also to refer to them being a group.  Nice girls. One had done a 4 week hike but this is 5 months.  The other girl is from UK and flew in to do this.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I live approximately 8 miles from PCT -- it crosses 14 north of Agua Dulce Canyon Road and goes up through Vasquez Rocks park, on AGC Road for a short while, then trail again and crosses Bouquet and San Francisquito Canyon Roads before leaving our area. The race I am doing on Saturday is ON it. If your young ladies are going to start hiking at the border in the next few days, I'm guessing they'll be coming through here some time next week. I'll check my phone, thanks, and if you want to text them my phone number then feel free.

One thing -- if they don't know what poodle dog bush looks like, they should Google it and learn what to avoid. There was a fire on PCT last year near here and the nasty stuff grows copiously after a fire. It has little hairs on the leaves that break off under the skin and cause awful itching and rashes. I'm presuming they know what poison oak looks like? We grow plenty of that too.