Womens Running

Back to reality Monday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - I got a free Crossfit pass for bringing my own bag to lulu last week, but I have to call in advance to get permission to go to the regular (as opposed to the intro) class and they are too busy drinking the kool-aid to answer the phone.  So I sent them an email, hopefully I can go on Wednesday and I'll run this morning because it looks like rain most of the week.

RR#2 - I got this email newsletter yesterday, and it made my day.

KR - said "mommy, I want breakfast." previously, he's called all meals lunch.

FR - ghetto general tso's, had leftovers last night.  Not too tasty but at least I did not have to put any effort into cooking it! Tried sbux Via vanilla latte this morning (got in marathon race kit) and it was the most sickeningly sweet disgusting crap ever. I had to dump it out.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD... Last super long run was yesterday and it went well.  We ran the course route for the first 27 km's or so and the hills didn't feel too bad at all.

KR - was very excited to give me my mother's day car yesterday - it lit up and played music, both kids loved my card.  She also made me a bracelet at preschool, first thing she's made for me other than pictures, etc.

TR - happy girl yesterday!  Especially w/ her grandparents all at our house.

FR - broccoli quinoa casserole.

zorbs - from your even effort comment on DM, what pace did you run on the uphills to feel like an even effort?  There's a 5 km stretch in my marathon that is fairly steady uphill, none of it brutally steep but steady climbing.  I read that newsletter thing on  your blog yesterday, that's really cool.  Curious what stupid error did you make?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - we were running 6:15-6:20 on the hills.  But in Mississauga they are rollers.  My stupid mistake was taking 4 gels instead of 5..and even when I took my last gel at 33K I should have realized the mistake and taken gatorade the rest of the way but nope, I just let myself take the train to bonk town.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by a little over 5 miles. Would have been more, but I had to stop twice to avoid PM attacks. Thano goodness for unlocked park bathrooms!

TR: was really good this weekend, ha fun with the IL's and his cousin Zac, who's 2 weeks younger. Had a meltdown when we got home, over who knows what. I left him with DH and went grocery shopping. They ended up at the park and had a ball.

NRR: met my mom for lunch on Sat, then rest of weekend with the IL's. it was relaxing, but over too fast.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I was trying to remember how many gels I took for Seattle, I'm pretty sure I did them every 45 minutes with the last one at 32 km's or so, which would mean just 4 gels.  I don't think we can afford to run slower than a 6:00 pace for the hills, since they are so long, I'm hoping that by keeping them in the 5:45-5:50 ish range we don't burn our legs out too much, we've run a lot of hills in our training and long runs so hopefully that'll help.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Rest day yesterday, I think I might take a really short lunch break, pack a bag of clothes and do a quick run in town before getting in my car to pick up R after work. Planning on running with RP tomorrow and I don't want to push my luck with making R do two stroller runs in a row.

TR: was difficult yesterday. Wouldn't listen, kept melting down. DH attempted to take him fishing for the first time, and instead of a Kodak moment, Dh came home really pissed off.

FR: Last night was from scratch orange chicken- I haven't had anything breaded and fried in ages, and it tasted really good. Haven't decided what to make for dinner- maybe chile verde chicken enchiladas?

NRR: Blech stressful week. DH is working all day, has a work meeting, and a Fraternal Order of Leatherheads meeting this evening so I'm on my own. MIL texted me that they got a foot of snow overnight, that shizz better not happen when we are down there! DH's interview is on Thursday and he's starting to get anxious, and therefore is being an asshole. He came in the kitchen last night and said he was starting to get nervous and I replied "Ya think? You are emanating some really strong F OFF vibes so that's why we are hanging out in the other room."

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- yeah you probably don't need the intro class, and you are going to make all those crossdouches look like chumps by using proper form. I need to make breaded chicken more often, however that won't help with the case of the fats I've got going on.

CA- glad you had a nice mother's day. The best thing I got was DH taking R fishing so I could clean the house in peace. That being said, I don't really do fringe holidays- too much work.

RG- Sounds like R was overtired. My R went down for naps at noon both Saturday and Sunday even though he usually doesn't go down until 1-2pm because he was just melting down over and over.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I know from previous marathons that I do best with more gels bunched in the 2nd half and that is exactly what I did not do.

rg - reminds me of the 30K I ran while pg and I pooped something like 4x during the race.

spike - what are you going to bread your chicken with? wtf is fraternal order of leatherheads?! The worst thing about CF is feeling the pressure to do the workout as fast as possible, those AMRAP things..of course I don't give a shit about time, slow down and quality is far more important IMHO!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- I spelled out the Fraternal thing because its abbreviated as FOOLs which is even more confusing. Its like an extra firefighter's club thing that DH and some friends started on top of regular FD stuff. Its meant to promote training and safety within a region. I breaded the chicken by dusting in a mix of rice flour, glutinous rice flour, xanthan gum, cornstarch, spices, then dipped in egg and back into the flour mixture. It was really good.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - once in clean eating magazine there was a recipe for baked tempura, using rice flour.  Apparently it is the secret for the proper tempura texture  I've always meant to make it but seems so intimidating so I never have.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Sweet rice flour is the other name for glutinous- that tempura that you are talking about is that egg/glutinous rice flour batter I was asking you about a week or two ago. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-walnut-shrimp/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - i sent you the tempura recipe on FB.

runnergirl9508

zorbs- that's cool about the crossfit pass. is it just for one class, or a week-long thing? yuck on the bad sbux coffee. one of my former coworkers used to drink that cappuccino crap you get from the gas station machine, and I could never understand how she could drink that sugary nastiness.

CA- enjoy your RD today. great job on your last LR. saw your post on FB training thread about having the sub 3hr girl run with you. that's awesome! aww, sweet mother's day for you!

spike- R had fallen asleep in the car on the way home, but only for about 45 minutes. so I think he was enraged by the short nap. I can honestly count on one hand the number of meltdowns he's had in his life- I hope that doesn't mean that he's going to turn into a holy terror when he turns 3. I'll be signing him up for full time preschool in that case, lol. Bummer on the fishing trip not working out for DH and R. Hope you can get a good run in later. Sorry about the stressful week- I hope things go well with DH's interview. Yuck on the snow.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

Hi ladies!  just delurking to say LOL to Spike.  My DH is the same, only he doesn't have an interview to be nervous about.

Ok, back to being in my crappy mood today.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - booo to the PM!  The meltdowns in our house are almost always due to botched naps or need for sleep.  The sub 3 girl hasn't run a sub 3 yet, but she said she ran a 36 km LR a couple weeks ago in 2:20, which is a 2:45 full pace!!  I can't even fathom running that fast for more than a single km.  If she does manage to run the marathon that fast she's got a good chance of winning or at least being top 3!!

spike - hope you have time to get a quick run in today.  I skip lunch a lot of days so that I can run.  That sucks on the stressful week, hope DH does well in his interview and isn't too much of a PITA until it's over.