Womens Running

Monday is Here (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post as you wish!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was errands after work and 45 minutes of cardio at home.

Saturday was SDO except for some walking for several hours

Sunday Buddy and I did 75 minutes out on the trail. Just like last week, we came upon a yearling and he greeted it. It was only about a yard from us and was very curious. Maybe deer just like his voice. Deer whisperer? HA!   We went on by at our gentle starting pace. The deer just waited for us to pass and went on its way.

Plants seem to be happy and really flourishing both inside and outside.

Track run today after work and an errand.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Hi Judy - sounds like you had a great weekend!

I had a nice weekend, sad that it's over

Headed up to Burt Lake Friday afternoon, weather was rainy and gloomy and I was worried it might last through Saturday for the race.  We camped on my running friend's property, which is about 40 minutes from Charlevoix.  We went out for dinner and due to the wait time, didn't eat till 8 o clock, which is later than my liking.

Up at 4 am, headed to the race at 5 for the 6:30 start time.  Our men drove us and did a great job with race support and pictures.  The course is really great for spectators as it's out and back on paved trails next to Lake Michigan.   Race was well organized and there was plenty of parking.  We even got right into the port a potties when we first arrived.  I think it helped that each race was staggered a half an hour apart, so when we arrived, it was mostly just the marathoners.  Two pit stops and I was good to go!  Weather was absolutely perfect - mid 50's and mostly cloudy (though the sun came through near the end which made it feel hotter)

We started out nice and easy, about a 10:10 pace.  RB was doing pretty well, we stopped at the 6.5 mile (Half turn around) for our Chomps and water and again at the Half mark for our second fueling.  She did stop and walk at the hill around mile 9 (it was fairly steep but luckily the only hill on the course).  She really does not like  hills and always wants to walk them.  Anyhow, first half was good, ended up crossing at 2:15 ish so I thought we were in good shape.  I had some stomach cramping around mile 7 and thought I might need a potty break, but fortunately that eventually went away.  After the half way mark, she really started to fall apart and it was a longggg way to the finish lol.  Mile 15 she pretty much gave up mentally and we had a lot of walking breaks.  Our friend Jenny had come up for support, as well.  She is a fast runner, but had knee surgery 6 months ago and has only recently started back.  She is a tough cookie, too, and was trying to encourage Holly though it wasn't going over so well.  Miles 15-22 consisted of running about 2-3/10 of a mile then walking the rest.  Jenny ran/walked with us from mile 22-26.  I was actually feeling okay, just anxious to get it over with.  I know how husbands feel when their wives are in labor, because Holly was quite verbal with the both of us as we pushed her along.  It was actually kind of funny because we knew she was just miserable - she told us to shut the H*** up a couple of times and I think Jenny got the F bomb said to her once or twice .    We finally got to the finish at 5:10Tight lippedx, was  not what I was hoping for but it is what it is.

RB ended up with several water blisters on her toes and she said the bottoms of her feet are really sore.  But, we were both walking okay yesterday.  That is probably the last marathon for both of us.  If I ever do one again, I will have to run it alone (or at least with the stipulation that if someone needs to break away they can do so).  I have just found it so difficult to run long races with another person who doesn't want to go it alone.  I don't know if it's possible, since each person wants to walk or run at different points.  It's frustrating for both people.

All in all though, great weekend, great race!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I still feel somewhat run over but figured it's the asthma.  6-10 miles depending on how I feel tonight.

Judy, nice workouts you deer whisperer!

LC Runs, great job on the race!

Have a great day, all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Morning!

LIsa - Great job on the 21 mile run!!!  You ARE back...woohoo

Judy - Several hours of walking = SDO???

Damarias - Boo on the Asthma.  Hope you feel better!

LCruns - Great job on finishing and hats off to you for sticking with your DF.....that is such an unselfish thing to do!!!  I don't think many people would do that.  Says alot about your character    My RB finished in 4:54, said she didn't see anyone on the course for alot of the second half.  Insists it is her last.   Any other local races this summer for you?

Camille - Nice job on the race this week-end!

Had a great time in the UP, but the mosquitos were fierce!  The locals said they have never seen them this bad.  They literally swarmed you. many people were wearing hats with nets over their heads.  We did do a pretty hard trail hike from Upper Falls to Lower (and back) ended up being about 10 miles all total.  Pretty hilly, with many stairs to climb.  Was beautiful, and DH did great.

Off for a run!

Carol

ginnyb

Well Lisa you are definitely back!  I am thinking you felt great because of all the cross ttraining that you have been doing?  You will probably do better than ever this year!  So glad you are feeling great.

Karen....well I went and looked at the pics of the house , then went back to the forum and saw that it is a no go!  Pictures looked gorgeous though, too bad there are problems.  You CAN get up in the morning and run!  Just have to force yourself a few times.  It feels so good to run in the morning and know that you are done.

Camille....good job on the race.  I think 4 th in AG is great.

LC.....sounds like you did well with the marathon to me.  Tessa stuck with me for the one and only marathon I have done and I am sure it was hard for her, but I appreciated it so much!  Still not sure if I will ever do another.  Kudos to you for sticking with your friend!

Damaris....sorry about cutting it short, but sometimes you just have to do it.

I was supposed to do a long run this weekend, but we were in Columbus visiting friends and I didn't do it.  Did run 6.2 this morning though and felt great.  The Cedar Point Half is Sunday, so I hope I have trained well enough.  I was all set to do Cleveland In May, but not sure I have done enough for this one...we shall see I guess.

Hi Judy!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Good morning!

Judy,  I'm smiling about your deer whisperer.

Ginny, you ran your own half just a month ago.  You are ready!

Laura, I agree with Carol. You were great to stay with your friend! Too funny about comparing it to childbirth.  I'm always impressed that so many people run with others because I find it very hard to pace with others. I like bigger training groups where you can run with one a while, another a while, but I seldom run with just one other person. I'm guessing you'll be in for another just to see how you can do on your own.  : )  That sounds like a nice course.

Karen, did you make it out before the crack of dawn?

Demaris, I sure hope you feel better.

Carol, that sounds like a great weekend.  Good for your hubby.

I did make it out last night but the skies unloaded again 5 min after I started. I'd been wondering if the old light jacket I keep here is rain resistant.  I found out. It has very minimal resistance.

BTW, I am going to make a plan for Humpy's using a modified Higdon beginner's  starting at week 5 and walk/running.  I think that'll keep me from overdoing it and I can add extra walking miles for foot time on the short days.  I've been walking more  than on the plan those days.

Bikerchick1

Ginny - I think you are trained just fine!!!  I thought I emembered Tessa staying with you in Detroit...and we all know about her character and integrity!!!

LCruns - I was thinking of your post when I was running this am, made me chuckle about the F-bomb's, etc...sometimes running brings out the "best" of us LOL.  Actually, on the trail relay last week-end, a few of those choice words were shared between my RB and myself about the hills.

Camille - I love the names of your Alaska races Smile  Sounds like a sensible plan to me.  My RB that just did marathon using Hansen's - wants to give her book away  She said compared with other plans, she did not feel it helped her at all, in fact, mile-per-mile she was slower this time.  ( I know comparing races is like apples to oranges) but she is an experienced runner and just didn't feel it worked for her.  I have always liked Higdon's.

Had a great run this am, now off to Stability ball class!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

So I did not get up this morning and run. I couldn't fall asleep last night, tossed and turned for a few hours, and finally about 2 a.m. reset my alarm for the normal 6 a.m. time. I guess that's what I get for sleeping in until almost 9 yesterday morning. Hopefully I'll be tired enough to fall right to sleep tonight, and I'll give it another shot tomorrow morning. My schedule says 7 today and 8 tomorrow, think I'll run 8 tonight so I will only have to fit in 7 in the morning. Or maybe I'm just doomed to be an evening runner until I retire.

Judy, deer whisperer....ha!

Nice job, Laura. It can be difficult when you run a race with someone else. I run races with my sister on occasion and she's usually not well trained. So we end up walking a lot, and I get frustrated. She's coming out to run a ten miler in August, and I told her I'd run with her, but if we got close to being picked up by the sag wagon, I would leave her, so she better train this time!

Damaris, hope you're feeling better. Stupid asthma.

Carol, you got DH to do a 10 mile hike? I'm impressed. I bought a book of "must-do" hikes in this area and want to do some before we leave, but the last hike DH did with me involved hiking down a mountain and back up, and even in good cycling shape, he had trouble keeping up. I'm not so sure he'll agree to go with me anymore.

Ginny, I would have liked to have done that half, but then I would have had to agree to stay out at DH's mom's for an entire week. I don't have the vacation time for that and a trip to Texas to buy a house, plus I really don't have the patience for an entire week there.

camille, your plan sounds good for Humpy's. You've been doing a lot of walking so you're in good shape, so a run/walk sounds smart. And Higdon's beginner plans are a good way to get back in the game.

Okay, back to work. I'm looking at the work calendar trying to find a week I can take off to go down and look at houses. DH was throwing out "late July", but with meetings scheduled the earliest I can go is mid August. And I need to put it on the calendar soon, or that will turn into September!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Arimathea

Tessa

What happened to my nice long post with personals?! GRRRRR!

Sorry, no time to retype. 10 Saturday, 3.5 yesterday, 3.5 this morning. And cleaned and cooked to host family dinner last night. 12 people!

St Laura-that can be tough if you had any sort of a goal time in mine.  I have no problem pacing someone if I've committed to it from the start; I have no problem with going slower, it's the faster that I have problem with.  You are right about the things that come out of our mouths when we have are running along "the wall".  Entertaining in retrospect.  At NC I had a mantra at one point "G..D..F'ing Trail" you can fill in the blanks with each word corresponding to a footstep.  Good times. I may have started singing it.  Right about the time I stopped being able to do math and thought we had less time than we had so was ready to stop. In the middle of the woods.  In the dark.  Not so much thinking I'll do another 50 miler ever.  LOL

Ginny-I'm sure that the weight machines have helped!  6 months of 1 to 2x's per week on them.  Upper and lower body. I think the back work has helped a ton with keeping all strong.  and the hamstring work has made hills more manageable for me.

Carol-UP mosquitos are a tough lot.  They only have 6 weeks or so of warm weather so they make the most of it. LOL

Tessa-Was wondering why you were not voicing an opinion with that first post.  Sounds like a good weekend for you.

I did do my weight work today and will run tomorrow.  Feeling amazingly great for having just covered 21 miles.  Now I'll trip over a chair and break something so I better not tempt fate.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

What happened to my nice long post with personals?! GRRRRR!

Sorry, no time to retype. 10 Saturday, 3.5 yesterday, 3.5 this morning. And cleaned and cooked to host family dinner last night. 12 people!

I think you used invisible ink!

Nice runs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Carol, ugh at the mosquitoes!  Hope your run went well.

Ginny, nice run.  Have I told you how hot is around these parts?

camille, nice plan.  What ratio of run/walking do you use?

Karen, that's why I don't run in the mornings.  I would never run!

Lisa, awesome job on the 21 and the recovery.

I do feel better now.  Thanks!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Like I said Damaris....you are exempt.  But around these parts these days are very rare, all I have to think about is that long, longer, longest winter and hot is wonderful to me!

Unlike you and Karen, if I don't run in the morning, I won't do it!  All what you are used to I guess.  When I started running in my 20's, I had to run early in the morning while DH was still home so I didn't leave the kids alone, guess it is just habit.

Karen...wish you were running Cedar Point, but I certainly understand about not wanting to be at your in-laws for a whole week if you don't have to!  We are just going to have to descend on you when you move to Texas.  Make sure you get a house with a pool!  Hope you got in your run tonight.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15