Womens Running

Mildly Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Maybe if we call it that it will feel that way.

Damaris-I do hope you are feeling okay today. You've been on my mind. I can't imagine how scary an asthma attack must be but am glad you were able to make it to safety and smart enough to know not to push further. you'll have to go back when Karen runs it next year. Ginny and I are going to get in through the lottery you know.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Runnersmom 1320, as for stuffed microbes, I have a “tuberculosis” rod, a pretty yellow “cough” and a nasty looking “influenza” which I use to “attack” a fellow worker every year. They are really cute toys.

Friday worked out rather well. I did 60 minutes running on the track. I would love to have kept going but was going out to meet a friend and planned SDO for Saturday.

Sunday Buddy and I did 40 cold minutes out on the trail. Not a single living fauna type thing was out there except our birder friends. None of us saw any deer or any walking or crawling thing and we were all surprised. Sunday Buddy and I have decided to go in to our respective tracks for the winter and then go out and search for one another in March. He didn’t want to go inside. He will be 77 this month. I will miss our runs, but he cannot be out in freezing temps due to his stents.

Today will be a track run and some cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Damaris....I hope you are better today.  Sorry about the race  Take care.

Lisa....that trail marathon sounds good.  Still not sure about running another marathon, but it has been on my mind a lot lately.

Well I went to Planet Fitness this morning and did 3 miles on the TM.  The place is huge and quite a few people already there a little after 5 a.m.!  Two on my co-workers went also.  I still prefer to run outside, so will probably continue to do so until the weather gets nasty, was nice not to have to worry too much about falling again though...we shall see, at least I ran again.

I think I will try for NYC...if I get in I guess I am doing another marathon!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Damaris-I do hope you are feeling okay today. You've been on my mind. I can't imagine how scary an asthma attack must be but am glad you were able to make it to safety and smart enough to know not to push further. you'll have to go back when Karen runs it next year. Ginny and I are going to get in through the lottery you know.

Gatsby is getting in through the lottery too. We're all going!

Working from home this morning, getting on a plane to Boston this afternoon. 3-day training class on meeting facilitation, hopefully I'll be able to get in a few runs while I'm there.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good morning!  Sorry not to get to personals on the weekend... Between helping DS with homework and keeping up with my own work, life has been pretty crazy. 

Did do 150 floors (supposedly 3.1 miles) on stairmaster in the morning then 3.1 miles walking with DH in the afternoon.

Lisa, black toe from ultra last weekend (photos on FB if you really want to see it).  Soaking in warm salt water seems to do the trick! Worked much better than icing it, which is what I did for the first few days Smile  Are you still doing Rugged Man on the weekend?  Let me know, I'm game!

Damaris, so sorry about the asthma attack... but better to not finish that end up in the hospital.  Still it sucks!  The cold and wind were brutal from what I heard.  Just remember, there will be other races.  Be well!!

Judy, LOL, you've hit your co-worker with TB???  Shame on you!!!  (LOL)

Ok, better head to work!

Susan

Lisa, me too... through the lottery LOL!  I'm with you and Ginny!

camille2

Lisa and Gatsby, it's hard to imagine enough folks wanting to do 100 milers to make a lottery necessary.  : )  It's neat that they're needed.

Shadow, congrats on the half!  Nice pic!

Lisa, good luck with the NTC lottery.  I got in that way on 3rd try.  I did the Gorging yesterday...both ways.  : )

Karen, congrats for qualifying for NYC. If I remember right, it's tougher than Boston, for my age group anyway.

Gatsby, you are right.  My name is Cathy.  When I fist signed on to RW, the first few user names I picked were taken so I used a family name. I probably would have tried harder if I'd known I'd use it so long.  : )

Judy, March will be here before we know it!  I can't believe it's November already.

Marjorie, when do your colors change?

Of the foot running subject, but  the whitewater running  of Tallulah Gorge was spectacular yesterday. The weather was sunny and about 60, just a great afternoon.  A dam went in many years ago and the normal weekday release is 0-30 cfs, on weekends, it's about 200 but for the few white water weekends, it's 500 to 700.  I'd been impressed on a weekday and yesterday they were at 700-magnificent!  We had to watch the kayakers from high on the cliffs and could see just 3 of the drops, but it was over the Class V and  great fun. I don't know if any of you are boaters, but here's a youtube link in case you're curious.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+tallulah+gorge&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=5C50D26A491A0AB150E15C50D26A491A0AB150E1

I'll be at my mom's later and will run on the greenway...at least 40".

Modified:  I wrote early and forgot to hit "post."   At least it was still there.

One thought on NYC:  It took me 3 tries to get in (not in a row) and DD still didn't get in still.  We noticed that a group of 4 or 5 of her friends got in on their 1st try when they entered as a group.  It might be worth asking about.

Demaris, I sure hope you're feeling better!

Cindy, when I finally switched from very casual fun runs to trying longer distances, I used the Penquin's book for the first half and full. I felt good and did about a 4or 5:1.  Since then, I often walked at waterstops (and on hills) and think that would work ok.  I'm not regimented enough to like doing it by minutes.

Good Morning!!  Back in the pool this morning.  Felt good.  I have been skipping the swim workouts, but started feeling weak and decided I'd better stay with it.

BF's ship finally sailed last Friday.  Really quiet at the house, but he can email so we can keep in touch.

Went to Panama City, FL for Ironman Florida.  One of my running buddies was racing.  OMG!!!  COLD for South Florida!!!  Low 40s and a 20 mph wind out of the NW.  Swim was canceled due to rough seas and rip tides.  Bike course was tough due to the stiff headwind on the ride out, and strong cross winds on the return.  Her hip started hurting the last 6 miles, but she finished and even managed a decent cartwheel across the finish line.  I am the only non IM finisher in my group.  My turn is coming in May!

Shadow--congrats on the 13.1!  Sounds like great food afterwards.

One of my co-workers thinks my boss is visiting today from DC.  A little heads up would have been nice.....

Arimathea

Tessa

Catching up on the weekend, quick post before a conference call.

Damaris, I am sorry about your asthma attack, I gather you had to drop NYCM. That sucks but better than damaging your health.

Karen, you qualified for NYCM based on race times? Woo HOO! You go, woman!

Not sure I could swing NYCM based on cost, however, Lisa, that Illinois race looks good. Much more my speed.

Judy, no animals out at all? That sounds odd. Usually wouldn't you see at least a few of the ones that don't hibernate/sleep a lot?

Camille, yes a few 100 milers have lotteries because they are such a challenge to get into. Western States is one. I'm pretty sure the competition to get into Mountain Masochist is about as steep. (No idea why given the name.)

Susan/crazysue, hope you are enjoying the quiet time whilst BF's ship is at sea. If you are doing an IM in May I think keeping up the swimming is a good idea. I had heard about IM Florida, ironjen on runango was in it. Haven't seen a race report from her yet.

Susan/runmom, that's a lot of floors! Envisioning three of my building stacked on top of each other. (We have 52.)

Cindy, walk breaks are a good idea.

Finished Santa Clarita in 5:04 yesterday. First half was 2:38 with Sunday running buddy, since I ran with her for all the training I wanted to see her through her first half. Once we split at 12.5 I put down the pedal a bit and did the second half in 2:26. It was hotter, too. I didn't want to push it too much since I have Mesquite next Saturday.

And didn't run with RN this morning -- she forgot to change her clock and went for a run at 3 AM. I was ready at 4 and she said "You didn't show, I already went". She was somewhat chagrined to find out that it was still 4 AM.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me today.

Good ode for you Ginny.  Yep the PFs here are huge too.

Camille our trees should star this month. We've had some leaves come down and I can see a few trees in early stages. We never get a huge color showing here, though.

Tessa nice to help her through her first half

Marjorie

Tessa--you amaze me--marathon every week like it was nothing!  Hope runjen had a good race.

Got an email from BF:  Hydraulic system for nets went out, on their way back in.  ETA 48 hrs.  I have a bunch of stuff to clean up/put away before he returns!!  I wanted to knit his hat (Christmas gift) too.  Oh well......

Boss just poked his head in the door.  Better look busy lol!

runlikeagirl18

Hi all-

I got out for 4 easy miles this morning - gotta love the taper! I felt pretty good, and we're hammering out the race weekend details. Besides my 2 regular RBs, we have three other friends running the marathon and two running the 8K.

Ginny - nice to have the indoor option when you need it. I don't run on the treadmill at the Y very often - we're blessed with pretty mild winter weather - but it's good to be able to go on those occasions when outside doesn't work.

Damaris - sorry about the DNF, but I'll echo what others have said - better than winding up in the hospital.

Karen - nice job on the NYCM qualification, speedy girl!

Crazysue - my RB's DH signed up yesterday for next year's Ironman FL. This will be his third time doing it, and his sixth IM overall.

Susan - glad the toe is feeling better.

Camille - I watched the video, how beautiful! I'll bet it was impressive in person.

Tessa - nice of you to stick with your RB through the half. My two RBs are committed to staying with me for Richmond, even though their training has gone better than mine. I don't want to hold them back, but I have to admit that I'll be grateful for their company.

Marjorie - enjoy the rest day.

Off to pack up the blankets and jackets for DS2's last baseball game tonight. It's going to be chilly!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

One thought on NYC:  It took me 3 tries to get in (not in a row) and DD still didn't get in still.  We noticed that a group of 4 or 5 of her friends got in on their 1st try when they entered as a group.  It might be worth asking about.

Ooooh, yes! Let's see if we can register as a group!  My DH and I are interested, plus Lisa, Ginny, Susan.... others?!?

MTA: Where are my manners.... hello to everyone!  Sorry to pop in and dash out again but this made my eyes light up!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello! Did some core/ab work this morning. My hips are a bit stiff from my HM, but fine otherwise. I figured I go out in the morning for a 3 miler with my running buddy. He just doesn't understand recovery, he just knows I haven't taken him running lately.

Lisa - thanks for starting us off

Judy - sounds like a very quiet trail run. Hope the track run goes well.

Ginny - sounds like a good early morning workout. I change my runs to afternoons in the winter to avoid the ice/snow as much as possible.

Karen - hope the trip to Boston goes well.

Susan - sounds like recovery is going nicely. Hope your toe heals quickly.

Camille - glad you enjoyed rafting.

Demaris - hope you're feeling better. Sorry about the race

Sue - the IM sounds rough with that weather. Glad you got to support your friend.

Tessa - great job! Way to go helping your friend.

Marjorie - enjoy the rest day

Cindy - glad the taper is going well

LC Runs

Hi Everyone!

3 TM miles this morning, 2.2 after work.  Holy Darkness, I left at 5:30 and it was already pretty dark (was starting to cloud up and rain which didn't help), I did bring my reflective gear, thank goodness.

Lisa - thanks for starting us off this morning!

Judy - 'sigh' for having to move some of our workouts indoors...I don't mind running in the snow but not when its snowy/icy and dark.  As long as I can get in 2-3 runs outside per week, I'll make due, but it still makes me sad.

Ginny - I have never been, but have heard good things about Planet Fitness.  The closest one to me is an hour away, though.

Damaris - I will have to go back and read yesterday's thread, sounds like you had an asthma attack during the race?  I'm so sorry to hear that, but glad you are okay!

Karen - hope you enjoy Boston!!

Susan - glad the toe is healing up, those can be so painful.

Hi Camille!!

Sue - Awesome that you are doing an IM, I would be too afraid of the open water swim portion lol

Tessa - great job this weekend!  That is funny about your RN, I am always afraid of forgetting the time change, but it's never happened.  Guess it's better to be early than late, though lol

Marjorie - hope you enjoyed your rest day.  Most of our trees are bare now

Cindy - can't wait to read about your marathon!

Hi Gatsby and Shadow!!