Womens Running

SO SORE MONDAY DIVAS! (Read 23 times)

SassySparky

OWR - my friend has a dog who has the same issue with his paws almost every spring and summer. they get red and inflammed and he licks them constantly. I hope it clears up for Fay! i think my friend's dog ended up getting cortisone and benadryl every year.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

LucyBelle

Stupid internet was out at my house this morning and then I had to go do an interview first thing, so I'm late getting on here!

RR: Only worked out on Saturday over the weekend, but ran a hilly 4 miles and did upper body and core ST. I am still sore from that! Will run 2 easy miles tonight...the weather is still frigid and we're supposed to get 4 to 8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Booooo. Angry

NRR: Not much to report about the weekend. Saturday was pretty laid back, just worked out and CRF was exhausted from working a 60-hour week and running a ton, so he napped most of the day while I got caught up on chores. Yesterday we went out for a diner breakfast and then went to see The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. It was pretty funny, I'd recommend it if you like that type of humor. Now it's Monday...back to the grind...long day today, but I'm hoping to work from home tomorrow since the weather will be so crappy.

MA runner girl

Sassy - I'm seriously so proud of you for cutting so much time off your PR!! You rocked that race! Ack, how is G 1 year old this weekend!? So fun! I wonder how close our boys birthdays will be?? Smile I'll try to let you girls know when I'm in labor! I told Lucy to text me if I don't post and I'll let her know.

PO - I'm glad the shower went well. I hope that you start feeling better. Sounds very exhausting. Take care of yourself!

Jewel - Enjoy your day off! I hope you have a productive, but enjoyable day. I just had breakfast out, but you made me want it again Wink Mmmm

GSD - Great job on your half! I'm sorry M had a rough night, that must have been tough after the half yesterday! I hope you can catch up on some rest soon.

Lizo - That sounds like so much fun! You did a great job, those a great times considering they were all in the same day. I'm impressed!

RLTW - Ugh, I had no idea it was supposed to snow! Just my luck I'll go into labor tonight Wink Great job this weekend! That race is SO tough, so I'm very impressed!!

Taylor - Glad you enjoyed your new shoes! GOOD LUCK with your interview! Fingers crossed you get in!!

Monk - Whattt?? A month!? How in the world did that happen!? I hope P gets through this fussy phase soon.

Outwest - Awesome pace on a technical trail! Enjoy your day off, I am jealous. I hope Fay feels better soon! Poor pup!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Lucy - I am not excited about how cold it's been. What happened to that AMAZING sunny and warm day we had last weekend!? Ugh. I want it back now. I'm glad you got out for your diner breakfast! I thought of you on Saturday because our diner has GF options now! If you ever stay over my house we will have to go!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

Sassy: That is a huuuuge PR! Congrats!!!! Sorry you aren't getting as much time with G as you'd like, but I hope all the extra sleep over the weekend makes this week more tolerable.

POruns: Man, sorry you're feeling so exhausted, don't over-exert yourself!

Jewel: Ahhh a mental health day of sorts? Hey, did you end up getting a FitBit? I thought I saw something about it in your MFP profile...I'd be very interested to hear what you think of it.

GSD: I think you did awesome in your half!! That must have been a rough night though...I hope you can nap today.

MArunner: When I first read that you ran your last pregnant miles, I thought you were about to post that you were in labor! 5 miles is totally BA. Mmmm diner breakfast. I might come stay over at your house just for that purpose! LOL.

Lizo: Holy moly that's a lot of racing and it sounds like you had really good times in all of them! I am impressed!

RLTW: Snow. Blech.

Taylor: GOOD LUCK!!!! Let us know how it goes.

Monk: I can't believe P is a month old. Time flies! Love baby facial expressions.

Outwest: Enjoy your day off. Poor Fay and her paw! I hope she learns to stop licking soon.

melrunner

Morning Girls,

I’m dragging this Monday. Like every Monday. Like Every day!

Tri R: I hope to get a late run in tonight around 7pm around a really nice golf course. It’ll be late b/c of NtriR. Hoping to get at least 4 miles in.

NTriR: had a crazy busy weekend. Did the Pre Cana for Engaged Couples on Friday night and Saturday all day with the Catholic Church. I didn’t like it at all. It felt so rehearsed. So unnatural. I was extremely disappointed. Oh well. We have to do it in order to get married by the Catholic Church. It was not personal, there was no prayer, no life experiences, I think I’m doing one more thing called Engaged Encounter or something like that. Tonight I’m meeting with my immigration attorney so he can prep us for our marriage interview that we have this Wednesday! So nervous and excited! He just wants to make sure we have all the paperwork and then I’m hoping for a quick sunset run.

Back in a second for personals!

melrunner

Sassy, Congratulations on a fantastic PR!!!!!!!! What a victory! And you didn’t pee! Now you have to break 2 and you’re there!! I’m so behind from my running PR goals. Happy Birthday week to G!!

PO, I’m glad the Baby Shower was a success! I hope you feel better, and have some energy so you don’t drag! Do you have a juicer? If not, I highly recommend getting one. I have so much energy from juicing 1-2x a day, natural energy found in fruits and veggies!

Jewel, Enjoy your day off today. Lucky you!

GSD, Congrats on your race! I still think you kicked arse! I hope M gets some sleep today.

Lizo, Great job on your 3+1 races. I always love the distances with that race. Have a good meeting with your pastor.

Taylor, What kind of shoes did you get? Good luck with your interview today!!! How exciting!

OWR, Poor Fay! Baxter was licking his paws so much and walking on them too much from all the pacing that I bought him some booties. They should arrive today. I hope those help him since he hated the bandaids.

Monk, Great job on your TM workout! When do you go back to work? I can’t believe he’s already a month old!!

Marunner, Great job running 5 miles at 39 weeks! Are you going back to the office this week?

Lucy, Great job with your run and ST!

taylorma1

Monk-you are such an awesome mamma. Hope little P will sleep tonight

Outwest-technical trails are fun, but I agree they can be really challenging. That’s too bad about Fay. Hope she can stop licking her feet

Lucy-yeah, the bad weather is sticking around for us as well. Not a fan

Meli-I got Nike Zoom Structure shoes, my favorite brand. And they are in cool green/gray color. Perfect for getting them yesterday on St. Patty’s Day

The interview went really well I think. They said they are interviewing 6 people and hopefully picking 4 of them for the program. They will let me know within the next week and a half. So I will be crossing my fingers until then

LucyBelle

MArunner: I see the Preggos thread moved back over to the new RWOL. I have to ask, which do you like better, the new RWOL or RA? I like that RWOL lets you have signatures and the moties are way better. Or they used to be. LOL.

NorCal

Hi ladies!

CONGRATS to the racers this weekend! I loved getting back from my run and seeing all of the awesome, happy posts from you all! Cool

RR. Ran 17 yesterday and it went really well! I paced nice and slow the first 13 miles and was able to run the last 4 which are all uphill at a sub 9:10 pace and felt really strong at the end, instead of the death-march I've been doing at the end of my long runs lately. I also fueled really well and that helped too. Made me feel more confident about the marathon. Today, my legs hurt, especially my left knee. I'll be resting and stretching this morning and totally wearing compression socks to work today!

NRR. I need to grocery shop this morning, then working 4-9 tonight. Yesterday, after my run, I ate and rested most of the day. We did take L for a nice hike in the evening and then had an awesome spaghetti dinner and I even had a beer. I've not been drinking much and one beer kind of got me a little buzzed and silly. Clown Haha.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

PumpkinFace

FANTASTIC JOB, Sass-lass.  You too, outwest.  And PO, I am thinking about you.

Not much here.  Ran a 73-mile week last week (oops) . . . at 616 year-to-date with another 10 this morning.

Gotta get off this site, but I wanted to shout HEYYYYYYYYYYYY to you all.  Smile

outwestrunner

Checking back in..

I just ran 7 crappy miles, but whatever, they're in the books and I'm on schedule for the week still. I need to find a new route for my road runs. I've done this one way too much.

Sassy - She's on an antihistamine with a tad of steroid in it, and so far, it's working. We tried Benadryl last year but I think that only made me feel better.

Lucy - Are you all getting lake effect snow? Where exactly do you live? Well, okay, not EXACTLY, but whereabouts? I know you're NE somewhere, but that part of the country is a jumble of small states fit together weirdly (at least to me).

Mel - Ooh, exciting about your marriage interview! Sorry the Pre Cana was disappointing. I've tried booties with Fay before but she pulls them off. Plus she walks really weird.

Taylor - I'd say your chances are good for getting in to the program! This would start in the fall?

NC - Nice work on the LR yesterday!  Something I want to work on this year, provided my work schedule permits, is getting past 10 or 11 miles on my LR and working on my fueling for those runs. That's the road block for me. My stomach is sensitive to running after I eat, so I'm afraid to eat anything while I'm running, but then I run out of gas (like on that trail race I did in January). There's a nice 15 mile route around here that is my sort of goal run for the next few months.

HI PFACE!!

LucyBelle

Outwest: It's not lake effect snow for us. I'm in "upstate" NY, but I know that's kind of broad and people tend to have different ideas of what constitutes "upstate." I'm approximately 130 miles (straight line distance) north of NYC. If you're REALLY interested in knowing exactly where I'm from, LOL, I live in the capital of NY.

NorCal

OWR- For my run, which was about 2:45:00, I had a protein shake before I left, then at mile 4, I had 2 Cliff Bloks, then at mile 9, I had a Vega bar, then at mile 12, I had a Vega gel. I also drank about 20 oz of water. I normally don't eat or drink NEAR that much, but it made such huge difference not feeling like crap at the end!

PFace- 73 miles, lady, you rock!! I'm happy with a 73 mile MONTH! Haha. I just hope you know what a rock star you are!

PRs: 

NorCal

Lucy- How sad is it that I always thought NYC was the capitol. I just looked it up and was shocked. (someone didn't pay attention in geography...)

PRs: