Womens Running

Moody Monday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

As in...who's in the mood to run?

Well...at least work out.  Off to gym. No PT until Wednesday so getting some cardio on. Yes, knee is feeling better. Still a hot spot but that compares to wider spread discomfort.  Bike today fairly easy to burn some travel calories.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Best of healing wishes to you, Lisa. :::HUGS:::

Friday I ran down in the park for 35 minutes. Weather was wonderful. After I had groceries to get, soup to fix.

Saturday I walked the entire afternoon at a huge antique fair.

Sunday Buddy and I did 50 minutes running and 30 minutes walking out on the trail. After than I hiked 1.2 miles on a trail with lots of uphills.

I almost forgot that I biked a little bit yesterday also after a cookout with heart smart foods. Is there an angel smiley? Big grin

This running outside on the trails has had me ready to sleep about an hour and a half earlier than usual.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Lisa - glad you are healing Smile

Judy - do you ever sit down??   LOL

No run this morning, that 11 miler yesterday wiped me out.   Work get together this evening for my last week.  I soooooo do not want to be in the office this week, you would think my workload would cease but I am doing my best to be caught up for the next person (not that it's possible).  Oh well, 4 days....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol I went back and looked. for 20 miler or more runs this year I've done 32 of them. I had to look after the discussion of my stubbornness to run 20+ miles once a week.

I did 10.5 today. Now just work.

Glad ad the knee is getting better Lisa

morning everyone else

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

SRD here. I dropped Jake off at the vet to get his teeth cleaned (expensive dog!) and took a nice leisurely walk around the neighborhood. Trying to decide whether to do an easy bike ride as well. This taper might be hard on me!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Did 55 min on the hilly route. Looked for the white squirrel again but had no luck. BTW,  I googled and discovered there are several towns around the country with white squirrel populations (Brevard, NC; Olney, IL plus others) and it's a recessive gene that causes the white color. We seem to just have the one. That's your trivia for the day. : )

Lisa, I'm feeling pretty sad about missing Detroit, too. Next year maybe we'll both be there.

Judy, I agree with Laura. Seems you never sit down. : )

Wow, Marjorie! That's an amazing number of long runs. You'll rock that race.

Karen, I agree that it's hard not to be out in the nice fall weather.

Gatsby, I'm glad HMB was a success. Hope your tempo was great. How are you liking your coach?

Carol, 11/16 is coming fast. I'm glad it worked out to be soon for your DD's sake.  Makes for a lot of intense work for a short time though.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR - Glad your knee is doing somewhat better!

LCruns - Enjoy your work get together!

Judy - Agreed...do you ever SIT???

Marjorie - Holy cow...thirty two 20 milers....Shocked....can't imagine!

Camille - Thanks for the nature lesson today.  Didn't your DD have a sort of "destination" wedding...meaning people stayed at the venue?  What kind of things did you do for food?  Thought I remember you preparing some things ahead of time...or maybe I am remembering wrong...

KarenAG - I bet you are trying to enjoy all of your days off until your new job starts!

Tessa - Wondering how you are doing???

SRD from running.  Have painted the front door, laundry, did some shopping...am tired now.  I am not sore from yesterday's 20 at all.  But I am a little weary...I feel like a weakling, I am always a little tired out the next day after an 18 or 20 miler.....

Carol

camille2

Carol, this is a long answer. I'm avoiding the mess I've started downstairs-cleaning out a dresser and closet.  : )  DD did have a destination wedding which also kind of functioned as a mini-reunion for their various groups of friends.  It was great fun to see them and it went way too fast!   However, the hosting for the weekend was quite a bit more work than a normal evening affair.   DD told everyone what we'd be responsible for up front: a pizza dinner Sat, wedding dinner Sunday and brunch on Mon morning along with a few snacks  in the lodge.  She suggested  they might want to pick up stuff for lunches as they passed thru the bigger towns.  Kitchens were available to the people staying on the grounds.  We kept it pretty casual, though I admit that I fretted over the food a bit due to limited options near the site. I made a couple big runs on Costco and made small welcome bags with granolar bars, microwave popcorn, peanut butter cracker snacks, home made brownies, a candy with tea, coffee, and hot chocolate for each house/lodge room. We also kept fruit, string cheese?, granola bars, PB, sandwich meat and bread and maybe pretzels and drinks/juice in the lodge.  The groom's family provided a pizza dinner (in lieu of rehearsal dinner) on Sat.  and we provided dinner after the wedding on Sunday. I'd made/frozen coffee cakes and boiled eggs, had bread for toast, fresh cut up fruit, PB, cereal, muffins, etc for Mon a.m. since people were leaving at all different times.  I ended up with a lot of extra stuff. We also had a bunch of wine and beer left.   BTW, one thing that was a surprise hit was popcorn  late during the dancing. We took out bowls and bowls. Good I bought the box at Costco.  : )

Another thought...we needed to have a vegan/vegetarian option as well as food for people with lactose intolerance/food allergies.  The caterer made nice little cards with ingredients and we provided almond milk and a gluten free cereal option. DD also had a gluten free desert in lieu of cake for a couple of them.

Have fun planning!

Bikerchick1

Camille - Thanks so much for the answer.  Seems like this is a very similar circumstance as DD's wedding.  She wanted it to be a "getaway - get together" for people.  There are rustic cottages that some guests are staying at.  In the beginning hadn't really thought too much yet re:  food, but as details start finializing, feel like we need to offer food (other than the wedding dinner).  DD had already thought about doing baskets for individual rooms, so thanks for the ideas.  This "smallish" wedding is turning in to much more then the traditional - church/reception...  Will be fun though!

Carol

camille2

I quit downstairs.

Carol, I have one other suggestion and your place may be different.The retreat center we used didn't really provide staff that assisted.  I wish I had asked them to arrange for someone to just provide an extra pair of hands for a few hours each day to set out treats, answer questions, etc. MOG and her mom were great help (we bonded in the kitchen) but I was so busy being hostess, I didn't really get to visit people enough.

Carol=not the same but for nephew's wedding in Sonoma (that is a destination!) my sister hosted a get together just for the 2 families on Thursday with pizza (granted they have a pizza oven outdoors) and had a few catering staff make the food, clean up, bar tend. Day after wedding she had pool party at her house with again a few caterers serving grilled food and then cleaning up.  Having that clean up person floating around during to replenish bowls and then afterwards made all the difference. Do see if you can have one staffer at least to help you.

A bit of a freak out afternoon at work... just swamped.  Opted to drag my rolling case, backpack and a big duffel bag the 1.6 miles to hotel vs taking a cab.  Nice night and the whole walk was along the Magnificent Mile so not to shabby. Treated self to 2 glasses of wine at dinner with very healthy dishes then lost myself in a few candy bars (don't make me count them) that are for the job fair tomorrow. Weak moment after a really long day that promises to be short compared to tomorrow's.  Oh well.

Marjorie-amazing on the long runs! not sure that I'll ever get back to that. I think my multiple long run days are done. Damn cartilage. one of the trainers was saying that his goal this year was a fast mile.  I told him my goal was a slow mile. He laughed and thanked me for putting it in perspective.

Lisa