Womens Running

(Over 40) weekend is here (Read 22 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Post!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me.

Puppy pool this am.

Today is 6 years since we brought our two pups home.

Good luck Karen and Damaris

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies.  Did 7 recovery miles last night and tonight I have a planned 5 but not sure if I have the time.  Driving to Orlando this morning for the expo, shopping, etc.  Might switch the 5 for the hot tub and beer with hubby at the hotel.

Have a great weekend!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Ahh, 6 years of puppy bliss!!!  How fun.

Damarias - Enjoy your race tomorrow!

I finally did a outdoor run yesterday...leg/hip didn't feel too bad.  It was still very snowy/slippery so hard to say.  The good news is it actually felt better after the run....hoping I'm over this.  40's today.....of course with rain, we are a soggy mess.  May do a short run this afternoon if it isn't too icey.

Have a grat Saturday!

Carol

LC Runs

6 TM miles for me....had an ice storm last night and roads are a mess.  Everything is cancelled today, including my Fusion class and kids' sports.  Sigh.    Oh well, there are bigger problems, glad I got home from my work travels with no problems.

Marjorie - aww, happy homecoming anniversary to your puppies.  Did you have other pups before?

Damaris - good luck and have fun!  Hot tub and beer sounds divine!

Carol - any ice down there?  Are you doing St Pats this year?  I'm thinking of doing the Irish Double.  Was so glad they brought back the 8k!

Linda

Good morning ladies:

Have fun, Disney gals:  Karen & Damaris.

Hi Carol, LC & Marjorie

I have a busy day of kid's basketball & watching playoff games, but I will squeeze in a run.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Enjoy Disney!!!

My 25 yo DD who lives here (has run the 1/2 3 times) went to Miami for the weekend.  Keeps texting me photos.  Brat. We are warmer in upper 30's but it's been raining most of day so I wouldn't count this as an improvement plus everything is a slushy, flooded mess.  Yuck.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

My legs hurt! 3 days at the parks walking and standing in lines and my legs were sore before the race started this morning. Then we did the race pretty slow (run/walk with pretty long walk segments), and now my legs feel about as bad as they did after the 50 miler! Tomorrow's marathon may be slow!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laura yes. We had two other Bassets before these two. They both lived to be thirteen. One was a few years older than the other   So, as long as we've been married, going on 22 years, we've had Bassets.

I grew up having Dalmations

Carol sorry the weather is so sloppy. Glad the hip is better.

Linda enjoy joy your special day.

Lisa as saw a 2 'carrot' ring today and thought of you and your joke gifts. It was two orange carrots on a ring. Made me laugh.

Karen your our slow marathon would probably be fast for me.

happy dance, my new car will be here probably by Friday. But, I have a big repair on the Jag that has to be done. Sigh, but it impacts trade in by more than me just doing it, so I do have to do it. If I didn't they'd give me significantly less than they have quoted and the amount they'd take off since this is an engine thing is significant. So I'll pay the thousand to have it fixed versus it bringing my trade in down several thousand.

Marjorie

Marjorie-that wouldn't make me laugh.  or the guy who tried to give it to me. although "laughed until I cried" would probably apply. cry from pain.

Lisa

Good evening ladies!  Did a 22 mile trail race today.  A very hilly but nice trail through redwoods, pines, bay trees and oaks.  I wasn't really ready for it after taking it easy for much of December, but finished since I was running with a RC buddy and we would't let each other quit.   At least I'm back in the running groove now.

Hi Linda, nice to see you again.  Sorry to hear your knee is still bugging you, ugh injuries suck.

Marjorie, happy pup anniversary!  New car is exciting.

Damaris, I hope you went with the hot tub and beer option today.  Have a great race tomorrow.

Karen, even if "slow," I'm sure your marathon will still be amazing tomorrow.

LC, yuck on icy dangerous roads.  Hopefully you don't need to leave the house.

Carol, good that your hip is feeling better.  Be careful running in those mucky conditions.

Lisa, half the fun of running a race somewhere cool is making those at home jealous.

Be back tomorrow!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Good morning!  It supposed to be a nice day with a high in the 50's here (gotta love it!), so I plan to walk outside again. Such wild weather-we had tornado and flood warnings here yesterday.  That's usually April weather...not January.

Sue  and Tessa, I went to Jenny Doan's  2 hour class yesterday and it was well worth the 2 hr drive, even in the pouring rain!  She's very funny and has such great tips!  I love some of her star patterns and the disappearing 4 patch.  As you prob know, her specialty is fast quilts and precuts (Missouri Star).  Though I have plenty of fabric, I gave in to temptation and bought a couple layer cakes (batiks  for 25!) and charm packs.  It's a good thing  I went to the last class she offered...they were sold out of a lot of things.  : )  She has a ton of tutorials for faster quilts on line, as you prob know.  I also stopped at Ikea to get things for my sewing loft, but was overwhelmed and bought nothing!  I have to spend more time online and decide before I go next time.

Karen and Demaris, I hope you're having a great run!

Gatsby, that trail run sounds like a great way to get back into running. At 22 miles, that's a hard core groove. : )

Marjorie, your pups are still pretty young.

Carol, I hope your hip continues to improve!

Laura, I hope your roads are better and you're having some nicer weather.

Linda, it's so good to see you posting again!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in about the elliptical.  I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

LCruns - I think I will do the Irish Double Smile   Did you see the Crim is advertising doing the 10 miler then the 5k = Half Marathon...not sure I would sign up for that, it is always so HOT that after that 10 miles....I'm done!  Yes, icey here too.

Gatsby - Nice on the trail run!!!

LInda - HOpe you got your run in!

Can't wait to hear about Karen & Damarias's races!

Off with RB's for a run...hoping I can make it longer than 1 mile before turning around!

Carol

ginnyb

Happy Sunday ladies,

Ran 3 miles this morning, very slowly, and didn't feel too bad.  The test will be how I feel tomorrow.  I did some type of exercise the past 4 days, so hopefully I am coming back.  I am meeting with the trainer again tomorrow morning.  After working Tuesday nights for the past 20 some years, I found out Friday that I am now working Monday nights.  It really does not matter to me, but it would have been nice to be asked if this was convenient, I was not asked, it was just on the schedule, even my supervisor is baffled by it, he has no idea, he was just told to tell me.  I work under a crazy library director.  I guess that is the respect I get after working there all these years...not happy.

Karen your slow marathon will be a very fast one in my eyes, I am sure!

Hi to everyone.

Ginny

Go Denver Broncos!!!!!  Playoff game this afternoon....

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, nice quiet morning here.

7 TM miles.  Fusion is going to have an afternoon class to make up for the ones they had to cancel due to the weather, so I 'think' I'm going to do that later today.

Camille - main roads seem to be pretty good though sidewalks have that layer of black ice on them and back roads are a mess.  I'm glad I live close to town.

Carol - I have not seen that regarding the Crim.  Hmmmm, will have to think about it, BF's sister usually runs the 5k and I could run it with her.  But....I agree 10 hot and humid miles is usually all I have to give lol

Hi Ginny - great job on the mileage!!

Hey Linda, Marjorie, Lisa, Gatsby, Karen