Womens Running

Tinsel Town Tuesday Supermoms (Read 383 times)

NavyWife

Hi ladies, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to jump in! I am a mom to 1 year old triplets, currently training for my first marathon in June...just hoping to cross that finish line! I'm a relative newbie to distance running, but I do have 3 8-mile events under my belt. I haven't done much since the babies were born so this is my kick in the butt to reclaim a sense of fitness. 

This is a rare moment of quiet in my house while kiddos are napping so I'm hoping to read more and learn about you all!

runswithrocky

welcome navy!  Wow triplets and tackling a marathon!  You are definitely a supermom.

Marathonjen

Welcome Navy...Since your SN is NavyWife...does that mean your DH is in the Navy and gone alot?  I second Rocky...you are a supermom.

Spike - I hear you on the CC Bill.  DH asked me what my plan of action for paying it off in full was...I said to have him give me money since I bought all of J's Christmas gifts as well as some gifts he is supposed to give.  GRRR.

twinmom_112002

Welcome Navymom!

runnergirl9508

Welcome NavyWife! Wow, triplets- you're definitely a supermom. I have a 15 month old boy, and am home part time with him. I work as an exercise physiologist at a wellness and fitness center, and love my job. DH and I have been married a little over 4 years, together for 6+. We live in Western NY

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

jmmiller

Welcome NavyWife!!  1 year old Triplets?!!!  I can't even fathom that.  Smile  I have an 18 month old and a 2 1/2 year old.  I work but get Thursday off with the kids.  I live in California. I'm training for my first 50K trail run. 

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I would be totally screwed if DH and I kept money separate. DH makes literally more than twice what I make even though I have more than twice the college education! We've been together since we were 16 and had nothing when we got married so we've always just pooled it and DH lets me be in charge of the money as long as I'm not too Scroogey with him.

NavyMom- Welcome! I work full time as an office administrator for a financial advisor and have one son who is 17 mos (Reid). Married to my DH for almost 7 years and together for 11+, he is a volunteer firefighter and works rotating shift work as a powerplant operator. Not currently training for anything, just trying to hit base mileage of 15-20 mpw while I work through some health problems (recently semi-diagnosed with PCOS).

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

shelby - I hope you can get some rest.  You really need to be healthy right now!  I would give the streak a day off.  Hope the Christmas party is fun.

cx2 - I buy Greek yogurt too now plain only.  It is more expensive, but the kids usually refuse to eat it b/c it's plain.  The sugary flavoured stuff they would go throughh so fast.

twinmom - good job on the plank!  do your twins run with you more often?  how old are they?  I didnt tell DH that I blamed him, I discovered my error when I got up, he was long gone by then.

lee - yay on having no broken ornaments  DD2 only broke 1 here and it was ugly anyway, though DD1 said it was her favourite (she can be a bit dramatic).  Glad you got the cards done -- I haven't mailed cards in years...

CA - glad DD's rash is looking better.  cute about her singing everything - maybe voice lessons for her later on??  Hope the pottery goes well.

Spike - sounds like you have a good plan for the family Christmas.  Does your friend have LOs as well?  Yay on days of for Christmas and New Years.  DH get s some time off between Christmas and New Years, but I will be on nights.

rocky - glad the old DH is back, hope he sticks around!  Funny about him and the stew!  Way to motivate him to spin.  It's hard to find the right balance when trying to motivate spouses to exercise. Hope the appts went well!

running eh

mzm - how did the cookies make it to school?  DD took cookies today too, but they were just chocolate chip - I'd be surprised if even they made it all in one piece.  Yikes on the ice - glad you were careful.  I , like Bermy, had to google Gennifer Goodwin, very cute though!  Same colour?  Was it  dramatic cut or were you shorter  before too?

jm - YAY, YAY, YAY  so glad about the good report for the cardiologist!!!!

bermy - +1 on skinnier - is it bad that being skinnier is one of my big motivating factors for running?

simon - I freak out when snow gets in my mittens too Smile  Hope you are having a good day!

Navy - Hi and welcome!  Triplets, wow!  do you ever run with a triple stroller?  I can't imagine it...

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh!- My friend is pregnant with her first, due around Memorial Day. Total suprise, they never used BC and have been married for 7 years and had given up hope of having a biological child. We have lots to catch up on with her pregnancy and I don't think I've filled her in 100% on my recent health problems.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

down.the.lane

Since NavyWife jumped in here, I will too!

I am Lane and I have a 5 year old daughter.  I have been married for over 10 years and both my husband and I work (sometimes more than) full time and we both travel quite a bit for work (it blows).  I have been an on again off again runner mostly because my schedule is nuts and can never fit it in.  So, I am committing to getting up and doing morning runs and excercise.  On tap for this year are two HMs on April 14 (fun with friends) and May 4 (more serious).  They will be my 4th and 5th HMs.  I am thinking about training for a full marathon if I can pull off the training.

RR:  3 miles at 5 am.  Since I haven't run a lot lately, I only planned 2 and probably should have done only 2.  I stopped running after a 15k this fall due to ITBS, but it looks like it may not have fixed or something because my knee is complaining a bit today.

KR:  My daughter's preschool told us last week that they are closing for good this month.  So, we have to move DD to a new preschool after the new year and she is REALLY REALLY bad with change and new people (or even old people she hasn't seen in a few weeks, like her cousins). I have major anxiety of the whole thing.

HAPPY TUESDAY! 

lane

BermyHorse

Yeah! i just ran 5m. I was going to have a rest day cos of my sore legs from yesterday's speedwork but the weather is 77 degrees and so nice. I thought I would at least do 1 (thanks streakers for the inspiration). I also decided to look cute in my lulu skirt and a tight top. hello. 5m later! Very proud of myself. And also shows what I can do on tired legs.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

running eh

lane - Hi!  Welcome!  Have you seen anyone about that knee?  What kind of work do you do?  Hopefully DD loves the new school and quickly.  I'm Alison, I have DD1 (6)  DS (4) and DD2 (1.5)  I only run shorter distances max I've done is10k, but I am thinking of trying a half next year.

superspike113

Honorary Old

down- welcome! Sorry about the change for your DD. Maybe she will suprise you and do well with it?  I always worry that Reid will be a jerk when I leave him with someone new when his daycare is closed, but he almost always is an angel for them.  Good luck with your half training, my next race probably won't be until I do a 10k in March that I always do. I have no racing mojo right now.

Bermy- woohoo for wearing your Lulu stuff. I haven't gotten around to breaking down and buying some. I probably should since I've never heard anything bad about their stuff and my last purchase of $15 running capris was a total waste, I hate them.

runswithrocky

PGR update - also posted on FB.  Had the dr appointment today, went well and I like her.  She was completely on the ball and got me a moved up ultrasound AND amnio today.  This afternoon had the ultrasound and confirmed a boy.  Measuring about a week ahead (woot!) and all his measurements were perfect.  No signs of anemia which is the main concern with this high-risk pregnancy.  Anyway.  We also did the amnio today to confirm either way if baby boy has the Kell+ protein.  Amnio's hurt and I started having contractions.  I guess that's normal.  They are lessening now.  Dr told me to look out for things like my water breaking or high fever but I should be fine. No picking up my daughter rest of the night and I'm supposed to stay off my feet.  I can resume normal activity tomorrow.  I guess the 6-12 hrs following an amnio are the riskiest.  Anyway - it's done and we should know for sure in a few weeks.

DH - yes, we are still considering counseling (budget permitting).  we don't think that everything is magically ok or better, but it's better for now so I'm going with it.

Welcome down.the.lane (I'll probably call you dtl for short).

I am 27, with a 14 month old daughter and 20 weeks pregnant with #2, a boy.  I've been an off and on runner myself doing a half marathon the year before my daughter was born.  Can't wait to get back to that once #2 is out!  I'm already eying a fall 2013 half!  Married to my DH 3 years this past November.