Womens Running

Thursday rain Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning to run 6ish miles after my first PT client this morning, then a full body KB workout after that. The 8 I ran yesterday was super hilly, and a few miles were on trails, which was a nice change of scenery.

TR: so much fun lately. Spent most of the morning at the park again, where he found a little fake pearl bracelet that had broken. He picked up each of the pearls one by one, put them in his pocket then carried them over and put them in the back of his dump truck (naturally!) haha, so cute. he spent about 20 minutes, dumping them out, and placing them back in- asking me which colors they were in between.

NRR: rainy day today. probably will grocery shop and run errands with R this morning. maybe try out the library again this afternoon.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 6k or so.  DH has been running more than me lately!

TR - had been wanting to eat his dinner off the coffee table in the living room, I think because it is the right height for him.  if you saw my FB pic, he took a little side table from the living room and his time out chair and set up the table with his ipad, bowl, sippy and a battery operated tealight.  He moved his setup around the kitchen for different "vantage points' throughout the evening.  I remember that the nieces have a little kid sized dining set, my guess is that kids that age like having things their own size.

FR - chicken pie, salad.

NRR - parents coming to visit this morning.

~~~~~~~~

rg - you have really been into the KB lately!  I guess it's because you're not teaching classes any more? my upper body is buuuurning from my KB workout yesterday, it ended with 2 minutes of snatches on each arm (split 30s/30, 60/60, 30/30) but still..ow.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - rest today.  Decided yesterday that I am not going to think about my foot anymore unless it becomes really painful.  I will still roll and maybe ice, but I am just going to pretend it's not there and maybe it will go away.  It's really not that bad and the doc said run easy, race hard and deal with it later. That is what I'm going to do!

NRR - working today and tomorrow

FR - Mexican lasagna

I won't be back for personals, have a great day everyone!

rg - sounds like a good hard workout today, especially after a tough one yesterday too!  Did he have big pockets?  I think it is hilarious watching little kids try to get things in and out of their pockets!  Hope you have a better time at the library today  - I think sometimes you have to give things a few times in order to warm up to them.  I've been to our program twice now and I don't talk to anyone except DD2 - she LOVES the program, especially the dancing.

zorbs - how are your legs feeling after two big races in a row?  Funny about DS's little eating spot.  I do have a question though - does he have his OWN iPad?  DH and I don't have any apple products, except the iPod that we can't figure out.  Maybe B can figure it out for us Wink Are you running tomorrow?  I may be around.

strollermama

Wanted to catch up on some personals from yesterday...

ernie - I am doing a HM on Dec 8.  And no, not really following a plan.  Just running as many miles as I can...which isn't much.

bermy - Maybe I should read that.  Discipline is my least favorite thing ever, especially as a solo parent.

eh - I am in a clinic setting.  I could spend some time in the hospital but my privileges haven't come through yet.  I think I would like to do pediatrics but also like family practice.

spike - I think the nursery and my pediatric rotation have been my favorite so far...so kind of leaning towards peds.

RG - Your sun rising/setting times sound perfect!  Next up in clinicals is family medicine.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - 16k (10 mi) last night, it was rough.  All day yesterday I felt flu-ish again, stomach cramps, etc, blech.  Had to make one emergency pit stop during the run, the big problem with running downtown from work is that there are not good places to take emergency bathroom trips.

TR - woke up just before I left this morning, I did my best to convince her that it was still night (really it is - it was only 5:30 am!)

BR - got home in time to feed her before bed last night.  She's finally seeming big-ish, but oh so cuddly, she just lies her head on my shoulder when I snuggle her before bed.  Smile

FR - so hungry!  MIL made chicken soup last night, so I had that, but felt sick eating it.  Today I'm starving.  DH was supposed to be in charge of tonights dinner - a slow cooker meal - but he had the man flu yesterday, which is why he called his mom over to help...  if he doesn't make something, it'll be eggs probably.

NRR - like I said DH has the man flu, I was a bit annoyed, or maybe jealous, he gets to call his mom over to help feed the girls and look after them, last week when I had the flu I had to pick O up from daycare bc she was sick, and take care of both of us... MIL wasn't even home yet.  Oh well, I hope DH feels better soon bc he's supposed to run 20 this weekend.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

RR - Doing 20k long run this morning since the weekend is going to be busy. Apparently it will be a watchless run since I can't seem to find my Garmin anywhere.

TR - Took a 3.5 hour nap yesterday to make up for not sleeping well the night before. Amazing. I can't remember the last time (if ever!) she's napped that long. She keeps climbing up on the toilet when the lid is closed and sitting there saying "pee!" "poo!" and making corresponding noises. So I bought her a toilet ring and step stool so see if she'd actually use the toilet, but when I put her on it, she cries!

FR - Lasagna, salad, garlic bread

NRR - Grocery shopping later, which will undoubtedly take 3 hours with S in tow. Winter CSA starts this week, so at least we won't have to buy as much stuff from the grocery store.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - I agree w/ r-eh, it's so funny to see them trying to get things in their pockets!  I love running on trails, sadly I think our trails are done till spring.

zorbs - wowsers on DH's running!  We have a little table that we bring up when my brother's family is over, all the kids sit together at a little table.  I agree, I think they like things their size.

r-eh - good plan re your foot!  Have a great day at work.

ernie - eeek on the garmin... I'd have to use my phone to track, or I'd borrow DH's garmin.  YUM on your FR!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - B commandeered the ipad for himself, and DH was annoyed that 1) it was covered with food crap and 2) he never got to use it so when a newer model came out, DH bought another ipad for himself.

CA- oh yeah I would be mightily annoyed with man sick when he gets help.  I never stay home sick from work because it would be worse than sucking it up and going.

ernie - I'd use runkeeper if I didn't have my garmin.  Or try to resurrect one of my other 2 old garmins.  I can't imagine grocery shopping taking 3 hours.  I am done in 20 min.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

armmama

RR - nope.  My tennis coach keeps asking if I'll play tomorrow and I keep saying no.  My foot still hurts a little, but I otherwise feel fine and probably could play if I really want to but I have a bad attitude towards tennis and don't feel like playing just to get my butt kicked because my partner sucks.  She's a nice person but new to tennis and it's frustrating for me to be losing to people I would have easily beat if I was playing with one of my old partners.  I have texts going off like crazy on my phone right now and I don't want to get up to check them because I'm afraid they are about tennis.  See?  Bad attitude.

RR2 - is it normal to feel totally unmotivated and depressed after a marathon?  Because that's how I've been feeling the last few days.  It could also be because I'm not running.  I was looking forward to getting out for a walk to school this morning but I had to cut it short, see BR.

BR - had a screaming FIT on the way to the girls' school this morning.  I think he was freaking out because his hands were cold, but when I tried to put mittens on him he freaked out and tore them off.  He's going to have to get used to them at some point.

KR - I have a meeting for DD2 this afternoon, right in the middle of L's normal naptime.  So that should be fun.

FR - leftover taco soup.  Had eggs last night.  Hoping to get motivated to do some meal planning and shopping this weekend.  I think if I could get some exercise and start eating healthy again I'd be much better off, I'm just in a rut right now.

NRR - the remodel of our upstairs started Monday.  L's room is framed out and doorways were moved so I can see how it's going to turn out and it's making me really excited.  The only issue is the men show up to work at 7:00 or 7:30 in the morning which is cutting into my quiet morning time a little.  Thankfully we have a back entry to the upstairs through the garage so they don't have to be walking through the house too much.

rg - your run yesterday sounds nice!  I love running on trails, I don't do it very often though.  R sounds adorable!

zorbs - my girls love getting out their little tea set and eating and drinking with it.  Is chicken pie like chicken pot pie?

eh - I like your doctor's advice!  I was really worried about my foot during the marathon but it was fine.

CA - weird on the flu-ish symptoms, I hope they are nothing!  I also hope DH feels better soon!  In some ways when my DH is sick it's almost worse than if I were sick myself.

ernie - I always tell myself I don't NEED my Garmin in order to run, but I sure am dependent on it.  I hope yours turns up!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.25 last night, would have done 5 but R was getting cranky.  Walking in the rain to pick up my car today.

TR: Another bad day yesterday. Oh and DH didn't check R's pants when he pooped his underwear, and apparently there was some poop in the pants because I founds bits and kernels of partially digested corn in the washing machine. Tight lips

FR: Swedish meatballs, they were a hit. Not sure about tonight, something with italian sausage- soup maybe?

NRR: Not much going on. Really enjoying reading DIvergent, wish I didn't have to work so I could just snuggle up in a blanket and read on this rainy day.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I need to be better about checking R's pockets, I keep fining leaves and rocks in the wash too.

zorbs- that's so cute about his dining!

Eh- sorry about your foot. DH is having a weird pain right below his knee and he's wondering if maybe his Osgood-Schlatter's disease is doing something again.

Stroller- Do you want to work in Denver or the Springs?

CA- I haven't made eggs for dinner in a long time. Probably because i eat them for breakfast a lot now that I'm GF. Ugh man flu is the worst.

Ernie- lol at the pee/poo noises. R likes to exlaim "I fart!" "I burp!" then says "Escoobie!"

armama- I'd probably have the same bad attitude. Can you play singles until you find a good partner?  How long does the contractor think your remodel will take? I was unmotivated/depressed after my marathon too, I took most of a month off before signing up for a half to remotivate myself.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

zorbs- yeah, for ST I prefer KB's over DB's or anything else. have a great visit with your parents. that's too cute about B setting up his own eating area. We have a mini rocking chair that R loves to sit in and eat his afternoon snack.

reh- smart decision on your foot. i'd try to run every other day (vs back to back days) and see if that makes a difference. mm, how do you make Mexican lasagna? I love Mexican food! R stuffs things into my pockets too. I'm hoping the library workers are less in his face this afternoon!

stroller- hope you enjoy the family medicine clinical! have a great day!

CA- yikes on the emergency pitstop. I always feel like the only time I really have to stop is when i'm running thru residential neighborhoods in broad daylight, with the nearest gas station a mile away. hope you're feeling better today. Ugh on the early wake up. Aww, love the snuggly cuddles. ugh on DH's man flu, hope he's better for the LR this weekend! Is he running Seattle too?

Ernie- hope your LR goes well today. wow, long nap S! I need to get going on the PT with R, and purchase one of those potty rings. HOpe the grocery shopping goes faster today. R and I went this morning too. Thankful for the toddler apps on my iphone as I know that's the only thing that keeps him in the cart.

arm- ugh on the tennis frustrations- that stinks! any chance you can find a new partner? yes- i'm always depressed at how long it seems to take to build my mileage back up post-race. I want to jump back to 45mpw instantly, and I force myself to ramp up slowly. Ugh, sorry about the screaming L this morning. R will wear mittens if I'm pushing him running in the stroller, otherwise it's hard to keep them on. yay for the house remodel progress!

spike- bummer on R getting cranky during the run! Ewwww on the poop in the washer. Id' be running 4 loads of bleach thru that! It's cold and rainy here today too- perfect book-reading under a blanket weather!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

arm - I think it is very common to be demotivated after a marathon, you might want to think of other goals (not necessarily running related) to get yourself moving.

spike - once during a university drunken stupor, I puked my brains out IN BED, eaten corn the night before and I remember puke/corn bits filling the lint trap after washing/drying the sheets.  I am remembering the delicious swedish meatballs the ex bf and I made and I might actually mate some meat this weekend.

rg - I didn't have a gym membership the first 18 months of B's life..and I did nothing but resistance bands, TRX and KB at home..I was in ok shape when I returned to the gym but it took a LONG time for me to build up my deadlift again.

Erniegirl

20k done. Might have been pushing it a bit by wearing a skirt and short sleeves, especially since it started snowing mid-run. Found my Garmin just before I left. It was hiding in plain sight Smile

~~~~~~

rg - Sounds like a nice run yesterday. I live in a hilly area, so all my runs are very hilly. Definitely good for training, but sometimes I get a bit jealous when I see nice, flat routes other people have to run on. Cute about R with the pearls. Those toy dump trucks carry everything!

zorbs - Is your DH running mainly outside or on the TM? I've always been bit of a grocery shoppling dawdler on my own anyway, since I like to browse the Superstore, so I don't mind the excessively long grocery outings too much, now that I know how long it's going to take I just plan for it. S is mostly trying to help but doesn't quite get the hang of it yet, so it's more like "help".

eh - I like your attitude about your foot!

stroller - You might have some residual fitness from your marathon training and surprise yourself with a great hm! I'm racing a 10 miler next weekend that I haven't trained for at all and my mileage has been largely pitiful for months so I am not expecting a very good race.

CA - Sorry your 16k was so rough. Impressive that you finished the run, though! Hope you're feeling better today. Hunger is always a good sign. Ugh, I get so jealous when other people get taken care of while sick! Remember how pre-kids, it was kind of fun when you got sick, because you could stay home from school/work and watch tv and nap all day. Not so much anymore, eh?

arm - Sorry you're feeling down. I think it's actually pretty common to feel like that after a marathon. Too bad you don't have a better tennis partner or you could throw yourself into tennis! I have the same bad attitude as you - when I played tennis in school, it was always doubles in the fall season and singles in the spring. My doubles partner was a weaker player and I used to get so frustrated. And I knew she could tell I was frustrated, so then I felt like a jerk.

spike - Ew ew ew on the washing machine poo! I hear ya on wanting to read a book - whenever it's a rainy day, I wish I could put the fireplace on and curl up and read all day.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - DH is mainly running on the TM - can't blame him, as he runs in the evenings on the nights I don't teach piano and it is dark and/or rainy by the time he gets home.  I'll remind him that Robbie Burns can range from not cold to freeze your balls off frigid, so he might want to run outside once in awhile.