Womens Running

Total relief Thursday - Supermoms (Read 28 times)

beckykay

Zorbs:  I really love that dharma, haven't tried it myself yet though.

Ernie:  Scratch that, FR:  eating at Ernie's house tonight.

Jen:  Poor babe, I hope you feel better and your dr can figure it out.

CA:  I love that smile after we've been away for awhile!  It truely is the best.

RG:  I don't know who is as hardcore as Bermy is!  Boo on DH working on Sat.  It always screws up my sense of time when DH works on the weekends.

Eh!:  I didn't even stay up late last night and couldn't get out of bed.  It was just so warm and toasty in there this morning, I didn't want to move.

Shelby:  Wow, that's kinda scary that he would get out of bed and go downstairs in the middle of the night.  I live on a one floor house so I never had to worry about that.

phone is ringing, bbl.

running eh

CA - glad you survived the trip home.  Let us know how the new shoes are when you get to use them!  Sweet about DD and DH!

RG - 8 pushing a stroller is still hardcore to me!  Hope you have a nice run today!  What are you training for right now?  (I should know this, sorry!)

shelby - DD goes to a christian school, so it's run by a society (mainly parents and granparents etc.)  Out job is to keep all the members of the society up to date on activities at the school as well as to recruit new members.  Enjoy your rest day today.  Do you find it tough to study at home?  I have decided that I need to do some refresher studying, but it's not going well.

cx2 - let us know how it goes with the nanny!

mzm - glad things are starting to look up there!  yay, I too would avoid the beans - chicken soup sounds perfect!

mjen - i think the people on the committee will be good to work with.  It isn't too much work, which is nice.

becky - sorry to hear about your dad!  I don't usually wear much sunscreen either, but I have been using a moisturizer with SPF in it.  frustrating about the crockpot!  can it be saved?

BermyHorse

RR: 7x800s this afternoon. I haven’t done any speed work for a while so I am really looking forward to this one. I am round about middle of week 14 of fm programme.

NRR2: should post a little more about my new car – love love love it – mazda cx5 – love that I can reach DS from the front, love that I could shove a whole big bag of laundry plus an ironing board I got from target. It’s peppy but not too peppy and has tinted windows and a great navigation system thing. And I organized DH’s closet as a surprise for him. I put his hoodies in colour ascending order.

BR: eating his body weight in everything at the moment. The homemade pizza was a hit.

FR: roasted squash and apple ravioli. I am roasting the butternut squash this morning and will do it in stages. DH has been coming home earlier so he takes DS to playroom and they have a blast whilst I cook and then we can all eat together. I have really enjoyed the time.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

armmama

morning!

RR - have tennis this morning and was thinking of running a few miles first to get out any nerves but I'm pretty content to sit here and enjoy my coffee right now so I'm not sure it will happen.

BR - such a snuggler.  I can hear him in his crib playing with blocks right now.  still coughing and has a runny nose, he just can't seem to shake this virus he has.  His 18 month dr. visit is tomorrow, we'll see what they say.

FR - DH is out of town so chick meal tonight - going to try tofu coconut curry or something like that.

NRR - took some kids clothes to the consignment store yesterday and plan to take more to another consignment store today, and will also drop a bunch of stuff off at goodwill.  Feels great to get stuff out of my house!

zorbs - unfortunately bedtime was always a struggle with my 2/3 year olds until they stopped napping

ernie - oh no on the middle of the night puke!  that is the worst.  I hope she feels better, probably a good idea to skip the run yesterday.

jen - I'm sorry about the gall bladder issues.  I don't know anything about that, but hope you can find a way to manage it.

CA - glad you made it home!  I can imagine it's hard going from warm weather to cold, but I love being back in my own house too.

rg - I still think you are pretty hardcore, even though you don't want to push a stroller that long  Smile

eh - I had the same issue yesterday when I came back for more personals.  What committee are you on?  I used to try to do those things but some of the moms are so b!tchy I decided I'd rather stay home and run or play tennis.

shelby - you deserve a rest day after yesterday!  that is too funny he put a vest on overnight and then went back to bed

Cx2 - how did you find your nanny?  After having my mom here for so long I'm realizing I might be a better parent if I had someone here to help with DD2 but I'm not sure where to start looking for someone.

mrszm - glad you are starting to feel better!  I always know I've recovered from the stomach flu when I start to crave pizza again, for some reason that is always the first meal I want after days of puking.  too bad you can't help with the move!  ha!

armmama

becky - what happened to your knee?  I know you had a problem with it during the marathon, but had you been having problems prior to that?  My mom has had a few cancerous spots removed and yet when we were at the beach last week she didn't wear any sunscreen and got fried the first day.  Ugh.  I wear tinted moisturizer with sunscreen every day.  I think it's spf 15,  not sure if I need to get stronger stuff but that seems to work for the most part.

bermy - you must be about to taper in a week or two?  that is always such a great feeling to have the hard work done!  glad you are loving your new car!  from yesterday - I'd check your local churches for MMO.  Find a close one and/or a big one and chances are they will have something.  They usually have websites that will have that info. The first summer we lived here I actually used sittercity.com to find a couple babysitters and had great luck.  They were college kids who moved away after a year, but they were great while they were here.  We occasionally run into people (mostly that DH works with) that will say they have a daughter who babysits, or ask a neighbor with young kids.  Hair - ha, the first couple years I'd wait until I was back in Minneapolis and get my hair done then.  I finally asked someone I knew who had nice looking hair who she used and then started seeing someone here.

Marathonjen

becky - Too cute that you got DS to snuggle with you last night.  Love it.  Sorry about your dad...that sucks.  My dad had 2 spots removed.  I buy my face moisturizer with SPF in it.  I use Laura Mercier stuff but that is only because DH works for the company that owns them and therefore I get it free/cheapSmile

Bermy - Sounds like an intense speed session...have fun.  How many weeks is your FM training plan?  When is your marathon?  So nice that DH has been coming home early and allowing you some cooking time.  You must really enjoy cooking because your meals are always complex and done in stages...I definitely don't have the patience or skills for that matter!  Sounds like DS has a great appetite.  Can he share that with my DS...J would live off yogurt alone if I allowed it.

arm - Good luck with tennis today.  Sorry DS is still sick...same in our house.  The cold virus is very stubborn.  Good for you for making progress and cleaning out clothes...I really need to do that.  Yay for having a chick meal!

BermyHorse

Just a quick pop in for a few - will post later when I can give you my full attention!

CA - thanks for coming back to me last night! Made me feel less of a loser closing the post by myself! I guess I will get used to that for a bit. Nice travelling Mrs International Supermom - very impressive even if DD2 didn't sleep the whole time. Happy kids, sleeping or not, when travelling is a complete success in my book.

Becky - snuggle on bunk - great idea. I LOVE LOVE LOVE neutrogena  face sunscreen - it's about 70spf and the only one that I have found in bermy heat that works, doesn't slide off when super sweaty and doesn't sting my eyes when I run them running. Love it and have used tubes of it.

Jen - i am so sorry for you right now. Completely sucks. hope things get a bit better. I would be tearing my hair out. Do you have help? You sound like you need to call in the troops - family, ILs, anyone?

zorbs - what temps would arm warmers be appropriate and why would I wear them?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

beckykay

Eh:  Yeah, it can be saved...I just have nothing else planned for dinner.  Grilled cheese it is!

Bermy:  Awesome on the new car!  I want one that has bluetooth so I drive hands free.  One day.

Arm:  IT band problems started maybe mid January but I was ignoring them like a dummy.  Now its to the point I can't bend my knee going downstairs it hurts so bad. Sad  I have a plan of attack to get it back in shape for Nashville though....although I'm a little worried about the hills.  Love the chick meal.  DH was out of town last night too so C and I had whatever we wanted. Smile

Jen:  Nice!  I don't even use mositurizer half the time.  I am so lazy...

beckykay

Oh update on DH and the job offer - it would be working for a regional crime lab doing computer and cellphone forensics (right now he just does cell phone stuff).  They would send him to a secret service computer school for a few weeks (boo) and he would have to cover quite a few counties (lots of travel but mostly daytime stuff).  They want to sit down to  talk $ in the next few weeks, no mention of ballpark either.  I have a feeling it would be for less than what he has now though....

Erniegirl

Jen - Aw, I really feel for you right now. I hope you get the gall bladder thing sorted out. An acquaintance of mine had gall bladder problems a couple of years ago and she had to go on a strict low-fat diet. Glad you were able to get to sleep at 8 pm! I've already told my DH not to make any plans for Saturday night, because my plan is to go to sleep at 8 pm!  Once you're feeling better it might be nice to transition DS to a later bedtime...that way he'll probably sleep in later, which will be great on weekends.

Zorbs - Funny enough, as soon as S puked, my first thought was "This must be why Zorbs uses butt rockets!"

CA - Glad the girls were good on the flights home! It always feels so good to be back in your own house and routine after a vacation, no matter how good the vacation was. Do you think your low back is sore from the travelling? Those plane seats are awful, and I would imagine even worse with a baby on your lap.

Rg - Maybe R is just ready for a later nap time? It would be nice if that was the case and you don't have anymore nap strikes!

Eh - Yup, the site was down when I tried to log in late yesterday afternoon. Funny that you already know almost everyone on the committee...hopefully they are people you like! I am feeling better today but still somewhat queasy and unable to drink coffee (the horror!).

Shelby - After S threw up, I was totally thinking "Omg, I hope DH doesn't start puking now from that sandwich". Luckily he appears totally unaffected. I asked him how it was and he said it was fine but he would have preferred more condiments. What a weirdo. I can imagine you would have very sore arms from that epic stroller run! It was probably a great core workout, too. Cute about the vest, but totally freaky that he got out of bed and went downstairs!

Cx2 - Great that you can ease into things by having the nanny here while you're still home. Enjoy your last few days of mat leave!

Mrszm - Oh yeah, I would absolutely rather help people move than have dinner with my MIL! Avoiding the beans sounds like a good call. Chili would be pretty rough on your poor stomach right now.

Becky - LOL.  My stomach is still feeling kind of sketchy, so you can come on over and eat my share of dinner! Scary about your Dad's skin cancer. I use Nivea or Oil of Olay moisturizer  with SPF 15 year-round and Neutrogena face sunscreen for running & extended periods of time outside in the summer.

Bermy - Awesome that DH has been coming home earlier for more play time with DS and more cooking time for you!

Arm - Sitting with a coffee sounds like a great way to chill out before your tennis game! Poor DS and his cold. It seems like the baby germs are never-ending.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4 mile out-and-back stroller run in 30 mph winds. I ran a fairly flat route and made sure to run into the wind on the first half (which felt like I was pushing a semi truck) so that coming back would be easy. Yeah, the wind at my back did nothing for me, so the whole run sucked. At least the wind was at my back on the steep hill. RP ran on the treadmill and said she hated it and can't believe she used to like tmill running.

TR: Was really talkative in the stroller last night, had the run been less crappy, it might have been cute, but it was only more of an annoyance since the wind gave me an earache. I asked him if he had to go potty this morning, he said no then pooped in his diaper. When we got to daycare he grabbed his crotch and ran to the bathroom- I think he likes going on the donut seat on the big toilet better than his little potty, so I think I'll get one for at home.

FR: Last night was chicken sausage and sweet potato waffle fries (alexia brand- yummy and gluten free!).

NRR: My mom and/or sister signed me up for this political group mailing list and magazine, and I'm very annoyed. I'm wondering if I should say something, or just silently throw away my mail. We have some of the same political views, but they are militant about it and very actively political, which I am not, and they don't seem to listen to me when I say I don't care and I don't want to be involved. They are also conspiracy theorists and post all this weird nutjob stuff on FB and I don't want to be associated with that.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CTimesTwo

arm - the nanny kind of fell into our laps... DH mentioned we were looking for a daycare to a friend and that friend mentioned the woman he used as a nanny just happened to be looking for part time work again... she is great.. only 35, lives in our area and has tons of experience with babies/toddlers.  And she cleans even though we tell her she doesn't have too... she costs more than daycare per day but we feel it's worth it...

spike - that's some crazy wind... i just got my face eaten off by the wind and of course it's freezing here so that made it worse..

bermy - i think DH liked that car too... i remember test driving it and i didn't like it as much as him..

superspike113

Honorary Old

Post office drama update!! The post office called, turns out it was one of my clients that signed for DH's package and didn't return it. Jackass. They called the cops and the kid and the cops are meeting with the postmaster at 10.

zorbs- I think it was Alissa who said she has a lock on the kid's door that she she unlocks once they are asleep. Or maybe you could put in a gate like Kristine had to do with J?

Bermy- I've been to Pei Wei in Golden when I visited my inlaws, it was really good. Its the express version of PF Changs I think I had the carmel chicken and the spicy orange chicken? DH had teriyaki because he's not adventuresome. I've never had anything that wasn't delicious at PFC or PW. Check the expiration on your yeast, it might be old and dead even if you just bought it at the store. Also, adding too much salt can retard the rise and an acidic environment makes the yeast thrive so you can add a teeny splash of vinegar or lemon juice to help I have a foldable sewing table that makes storing my sewing stuff really easy, if you sew pedal to the metal it kinda vibrates though! The specific sewing table is nice because it has one side that flips up and goes around the bottom of your sewing machine to make a wide flat surface to work on. Mine is my mom's one that she bought in the 80's. Mine is similar to this except super-sweet fake woodgrain that was so popular in the late 80's http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/inspira-620094101.php?catargetid=1390120664&gclid=CJKYnYKIjrYCFeZFMgodHVkAew   DH and I do the same, scout then buy technique that you do. When we bought our sofa I visited half a dozen stores and narrowed it down to 2, then DH helped me pick.

Erniegirl- MMm brussel sprouts. Buying a meat sandwich from a vending machine?! That reminds me of the episode of Futurama where fry eats the egg salad sandwich from a truck stop vending machine and it gives him space worms.

Jen- We had customers at our health food store that did a gallbladder cleanse that involves drinking a bunch of lemon juice and olive oil and laying on I think your left side and it actually worked- one person only had 10% flow from their galbladder and it restored it to normal function and they didn't require surgery anymore. I hear its pretty unpleasant though. Just try to avoid fatty foods in the meantime.

CA- get that SI joint fixed! Glad you made it home in one piece. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

uphill- I hope they were 6-7 nice people that you knew and not 6-7 jerkwads at the meeting.

shelbyjo- have you been able to spend much time with DH during your trip. Lol at the vest!

cx2- It will only take a few weeks of going to work to get used to it, then again it might be harder to go back after a year at home.

mzm- don't make chili, that sounds awful on an icky stomach. I usually just boil noodles in chicken boullion when I'm sick.

Becky- my dad just had a half dollar sized Basal Cell Carcinoma removed from his hand last week, it looks terrible. He has had little skin cancers on his face, hands, and ears removed over the years, but never one as big as this. Dad wears SPF 70, long sleeves and wide hats when he fishes but he's a redhead and its just not enough. I like Neutrogena for my face and I think I use Banana Boat sport sunscreen on my body. You don't have to buy high SPF, but you do need to reapply every 2 hours which is what most people fail at. You should also apply 30 mins before you go outside. I hate wearing sunscreen so I usually just stay inside between 10 am-5pm to avoid the worst of the sun.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Glad you love your car. I am a big mazda fan. We sold our Mazda6 in the fall after putting almost 200K miles on it and bought DH his diesel VW golf- we never had a single problem with that car. The only problem I have ever had with my CX7 was a dead battery then one time my car died on the highway and I couldn't get it to start- turns out a bee got sucked up into the air intake and plugged a sensor so the car thought there was no airflow. I had to get a tow.  I love that I can reach all the controls in my car without leaning forward- I test drove the CX9 and it was just too big.

Becky- its worth it to listen to the offer and see what it is before you guys discount it!

armama- My kiddo is a snuggler too, I would be so sad if he wasn't because DH and I are champion cuddlers.

cx2- I can't complain too much about the wind then, because at least it was 50*F and I was in shorts. The wind gusts at R's daycare were really bad- probably closer to 50 mph, and her parkinglot is full of tumbleweeds.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Glad you love your car. I am a big mazda fan. We sold our Mazda6 in the fall after putting almost 200K miles on it and bought DH his diesel VW golf- we never had a single problem with that car. The only problem I have ever had with my CX7 was a dead battery then one time my car died on the highway and I couldn't get it to start- turns out a bee got sucked up into the air intake and plugged a sensor so the car thought there was no airflow. I had to get a tow.  I love that I can reach all the controls in my car without leaning forward- I test drove the CX9 and it was just too big.

Becky- its worth it to listen to the offer and see what it is before you guys discount it!

armama- My kiddo is a snuggler too, I would be so sad if he wasn't because DH and I are champion cuddlers.

cx2- I can't complain too much about the wind then, because at least it was 50*F and I was in shorts. The wind gusts at R's daycare were really bad- probably closer to 50 mph, and her parkinglot is full of tumbleweeds.