Womens Running

Still Wandering Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I am unsettled today. Ever feel that way? Not bad, just unsettled.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I went home and did 45 minutes of cardio work. It was stormy so I got some extra stuff done at home. I cleaned off a shelf and found some old pictures. It was a happy thing for me.

Today will be a track run, home to clean up, then out with friends.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Enjoy your time out with friends.  Hope your day starts to feel more settled...

LCruns - Weird about your RB from the marathon.  Sounds like your running is doing great.  Any races in your future?

Busy day yesterday, swam at the lake where the Tri is this week-end...they have been using the weed harvester to clean it up before Saturday, there were literally "gobs" of floating weeds ...  Then met RB at the high school to run bleechers and hill work.

Hi to all!!!

Carol

Had gone to a different gym yesterday and different machines or at least different ways to set them up.  I have my seat, back, leg, arm, etc. settings in my phone and go off of them-had to wing it.  Will try to go to regular gym for weight machines since I'm feeling sore in different places.  Maybe that's good but since it mainly involves my back, I think not.  DD flew in from Miami at midnight so may get out for a few miles this AM or may just keep sipping coffee.  Youngest dd come in with me to work.  We're getting her a work permit so that she can do some filing and other clerical tasks that no one wants to do.

Karen-hope you made it out bright and early today!

Damaris-2 of her interviews are very promising.  one made her an offer but would be a pretty big pay cut.

Laura-I'm guessing that she was a bucket list marathoner even if she didn't realize it.  Or just burned out from the training. Happens for sure when it's no longer fun.  I just sort of try to go on enjoyable long runs that replace training vs training that replace enjoyable long runs. Going for a finish not a win so I think it works.  And I'm good at resetting just what my goal is easily.   Probably too easily to ever be extremely good at anything but adaptability.  LOL

Tessa-she wasn't dreaming of ultras and texting in her sleep?

Sue-who wouldn't have fun discussing food-healthy or not!?  I eat pretty healthy but just too much.. and I'm too short.  Still hanging to the undertall excuse.

Ginny-able to join me in Chicago on the 18, 19, or 20th?

Judy-settle down and enjoy your time with friends.

Carol-not crazy about gobs of floating weeds. bet you weren't either.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Core and 4 miles tonight.

Judy, enjoy the night out with friends.  Hope you are less unsettled now.

Carol, sounds like a busy day.  Good luck on the tri.

Lisa, great news about the interviews.  Where are you located?  Miami is very expensive so you would think the salary offer would be higher.  Hope she finds the job of her dreams.  Enjoy the gym.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out early for 6 miles this morning. It was fairly cool and not too humid. I have to say, the weather's been pretty manageable this summer from a running standpoint. Usually I'm slogging through the humidity this time of year. I'm starting to experiment with different fueling with an eye toward my marathon, and I tested out eating 1/2 of a Clif Bar before I ran this morning, and my stomach seemed to tolerate that pretty well.

I'm curious, how many gels do you guys take (for those who use them) for a marathon? I don't fuel much for a half - just one pack of Honey Stingers, which is the equivalent of just under 2 gels - but I have a feeling I'll need more for a full. I appreciate any thoughts.

Camille - thanks for the link on headaches. I may try the ice pack next time I get a headache, but I don't think I can put my head under cold water!

Waves to everyone else - I need to go eat and get some work done.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Only run every other day, so no run for me this morning....I really should start doing my weights again ( I say that every day)

Okay I have to be a "B" for a minute.......I have a coworker, male, probably around 40ish, overweight, back problems, single and a whiner.  Nice guy, but I have to work with him more and more lately and he doesn't do anything!  I know he has back problems and I sympathize, but I am working alone here, every darn day and it is busy!!!  So he just came in and said " I am not going to be much help to you today, I hurt"  What else is new??????  Okay, rant over and I am sorry if I am coming off as a "B"!   Again, sorry...he is a nice guy and I am sorry he has back issues.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!  Decided to wait to ride after work.  Now I am wishing I had gotten it over with this morning and come into work late......

Judy--when I feel "unsettled" for me it means I need to stay home in quiet and "nest".  Cleaning, knitting, sewing, etc.  Hope you feel better.

Cindy--I usually take a gel 30 minutes before start and then about every 5-6 miles.  Even if I don't want them.  I can tell a difference.  Muscles are still tired at the end of the marathon, but I don't bonk as bad.

Ginny--do you have a supervisor?  He should be telling the supervisor why he can't perform his duties, not you.

Carol--YUCK on the floating weeds!!!

Still writing audit report.  Blech.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I was very tired last night with getting up so early and training then the long drive home. Got up today and ran 10.2.

Karen hope the committee meeting isn't too bad

D I melt on all my runs. My shoes are staying mildly damp all the time. Even stuffed with newspaper and changing it the aren't 100% dry.

Carol  floating weeds?  Yuck

Sue I'm always amazed at what people think they can eat. Working out burns calories but not as much as some people think.

Ginny is he in restricted duty?  If he has back issues but can't do the job or isn't under a doctors note then he is getting paid to do nothing.?

Marjorie

Hi ladies-

I got out early for 6 miles this morning. It was fairly cool and not too humid. I have to say, the weather's been pretty manageable this summer from a running standpoint. Usually I'm slogging through the humidity this time of year. I'm starting to experiment with different fueling with an eye toward my marathon, and I tested out eating 1/2 of a Clif Bar before I ran this morning, and my stomach seemed to tolerate that pretty well.

I'm curious, how many gels do you guys take (for those who use them) for a marathon? I don't fuel much for a half - just one pack of Honey Stingers, which is the equivalent of just under 2 gels - but I have a feeling I'll need more for a full. I appreciate any thoughts.

Camille - thanks for the link on headaches. I may try the ice pack next time I get a headache, but I don't think I can put my head under cold water!

Waves to everyone else - I need to go eat and get some work done.

Cindy -- I try to eat 100 calories every 45 minutes during a marathon.  I usually have a couple gels, then a honey stinger waffle, then either more gels or shot blocks.   When you start doing longer training runs, it will be a good opportunity to test out different nutrition strategies.  Too few calories = bonking, at least for me.

Hi Judy, Carol, Lisa, Damaris, Ginny, Sue & Marjorie!  Buch of early birds here today.

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, I don't do gels. I usually have a bagel or toast with peanut butter before the marathon, especially if it is starting late (like 8 rather than 6). If I take anything during the race it tends to be citrus fruit. If they have M&Ms at an aid station I might grab some of those. In an ultra I go for potato chips, peanuts, M&Ms, citrus, strawberries, or melon. But I can go the full distance without eating anything beforehand.

Lisa, if the new routine hurts, I would say go back to the old one if the pain is back rather than muscles.

Ginny, I don't think you're being bitchy, it's not unreasonable to pose those questions.

Carol, gobs of floating weeds don't sound like fun. I don't like encountering clumps of seaweed in the ocean.

Judy, glad you found the pictures!

Hi Damaris, Susan, Marjorie, GatsbyBird!

3.6 this morning, then 7.1 at lunch. I have two doctors' appointments tomorrow so am working from home, it's not worth going in.