Womens Running

TEMPO RUN THURSDAY DIVAS (Read 14 times)

SassySparky

Good mooooorning!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: 6 miles with 4 at tempo! I hit my paces, too (Goal was 8:40, I did 9:00, 8:28, 8:26, 8:32)! It was cold and rainy and dark - that's good motivation to haul butt!  My race is seriously starting to feel really close!

NRR: Not much other than what I've already talked about! House stuff, family and work! Life is kind of awesome right now.

taylorma1

Sassy-great job on the tempo. Those pictures of the house are so adorable. Is it still close to UNC?

RR: planning a pool run later today since my legs are sore and maybe a strength workout if i have time

NRR: getting excited about Chicago! Leaving tomorrow at 11am. Get to see my mom, brother, DBF, and some friends this weekend

OJewel

Good morning!

sassy- nice tempo run! Exciting on the house stuff!

Taylor- have fun in chicago and rest those legs!

RR- I had planned a run today but I decided to wait until Saturday. Just not feeling it.

NRR- work. I'm trying to cover for a co worker who is ill and do my regular stuff and plan my presentation and its stressing me out big time. I can't wait until the weekend. I'll have to work but at least I can sleep in a little. Planning on a short Saturday run to the farmers market, laundry, and some baking.

have a great day!

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: nada yet. planning 3 miles over lunch time. yesterday was a USRD. Just to give myself a break. Also I had to work after work and didn't want to overstress myself trying to get too much done.

NRR: regular work day of meetings and such. m and I have kind of been quiet at home and so I checked in with him to make sure nothing was bothering him and he's ok. So it's all good. Smile   tonight, hoping to go home and chill. cook something... not sure what yet.

sassy: i need some of your running mojo!! way to go with the run!

taylor: enjoy the pool run! how do you do that?? I can barely walk in the pool whenever I've done it!

later!

taylorma1

Jewel-you rest those legs too!

lizo-there are usually floatation belts that can allow you to run in the deeper water. It's a really good workout

SassySparky

Taylor - it's not as close as my current house (1.3 miles from my lab!) but it's still in Chapel Hill, about 4.5 miles away. Pool run sounds like a great idea! Are you on a fall break? Enjoy your trip to Chicago!

Jewel - I think it's a good idea to wait a week after a marathon. I have read that in multiple books and magazines, but I hope I can stick to it as well! I'm planning to bake this weekend too. We made a butternut squash last night and I think I'm going to use the leftovers in muffins in place of pumpkin!

Lizo - nice job on taking a break yesterday and checking in with M. This fall weather has me making soups and stews and roasting squash almost every day this week ... Smile

taylorma1

Sassy-nope not yet. Fall break is next weekend. Not sure what I am doing for it yet. But this weekend is the Chicago marathon. DBF lives right along the route-about 1 mile from the finish, so I will be standing on the porch and cheering on the runners

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in 8 trail with Fay, who did a better job at pacing herself. I like running hills in the dark because I can only focus on one stretch at a time - the part that my headlight is illuminating.  ST tonight.

NRR: So the one section at a time thing...yeah so last night, for whatever reason, my brain went into overdrive about all these errands and projects, etc., I need/want to do, and I didn't really fall asleep until 11:30. This weekend is my big shopping trip to the co-op (10% off!) but I now have myself investigating fabric for a bed for Fay, picture frames to hang up photos, etc. etc. Apparently now that I'm home, I want to make it homier..I just wish I could stop myself from trying to do it all at once!  Oh and then I had ordered a bunch of stuff from Ann Taylor but when it got here yesterday, the box was full of someone else's order! So I was on the phone for half an hour making sure I didn't get charged for shipping it back AND that I could still get my original order.

Sassy - Nice work on the tempo!

Taylor - WOOT for going to Chicago!! Have fun with your pool run - I only associate that with injury.

Jewel - Enjoy your recovery time. Are you able to sleep in during the week?

Lizo - Ooh chili sounds good! I'm in the soup mood, too. Making tomato french lentil and roasted butternut squash apple soups this weekend, I think.

melrunner

Morning girls.

TriR, just finished 9 miles.

NtriR, meeting a new OBGYN today, possibly also getting a sports massage. Last night DH went out for pizza I was so disappointed. We ordered roasted cauliflower pizza and it was so gross! Spicy and yucky.

Sassy, love the house! Is it confirmed?

lizo, hope you can destress!

OWR, great job on your run. Does Fay run all 8 o just one mile?

Taylor, I wanted to run Chicago, I've done it twice and it's my favorite full!

Jewel, hope your legs are feeling better.

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. TEMPO RUN! My plan is for 4 miles with 2 at tempo, since I'm tapering...

NRR. Working at home today, I have a bunch to do, so I'll be well occupied. Our landlords are having solar put in our house this week, so we have guys here working. Lots of noise and L hates it and barks a ton. So I'll probably try to take him out hiking again today.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Sassy- Nice job on the tempo run! Hope all continues to go smoothly with the house. Inspection is tomorrow, right?

Taylor- Take it easy on those legs! Smile Have a great time in Chicago, how fun to be on the race course!

OJewel- I think a full week off is totally a good idea! Just go when your body is ready. Hope the work stuff goes well. When is your presentation?

Lizo- You deserve a break sometimes! Hope your lunchtime run is a good one!

OWR- Nice 8 miler with Fay- I miss running with L so much! Wow you have a lot of projects going on at home- sounds fun!

Meli- Hope the OBGYN appt goes well today. How is your time off going? Sorry about the disappointing pizza- sounds gross!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Meli - Lately Fay's been running my warm-up mile and then I run the other 7 by myself. Today we switched it so she ran the 7 with me, and she kept up fairly well. Normally she goes out too fast and does a bunch of back and forth sprints and is dragging by half-way. I don't take her on my longer road runs.  Sorry about the pizza..I've made cauliflower crust before but have never had it as a topping before.

NC - My home projects are a bit ridiculous, but I guess if I were around more consistently throughout the year, they would be more spread out. I'm exhausted just thinking about my weekend. I will miss running with Miss Fay when the time comes, too. It's such a wonderful feeling to look down and see her trotting along beside me.

SassySparky

I spilled my lunch all over the floor on my way to the microwave, so I had to go to the hospital to buy myself lunch. I picked up the chicken meal from the Healthy Options counter and brought it back to my desk .... only to realize that it was chicken cordon bleu which has ham in it. And I don't eat pork.

So that's how my day is going.

OWR - nice trail run! How much has Fay worked up to?

meli - thanks! house is off the market becuase we paid a deposit and inspection is tomorrow! we're close! sorry your pizza wasn't great. hope you get a massage. i want to try and get one tomorrow night.

NC - yep inspection tomorrow then we'll secure our mortgage and insurance rates Smile I'm excited!!  Yay for taper tempo thursday!

outwestrunner

Sassy - Fay can handle 7 fairly well. I'm not sure if I"ll take her on my longer runs this training cycle, because I don't want to have to worry about her dragging behind, etc. If I do loops, I'll definitely take her out on part of it. She's the best running partner ever. <3   Also sorry about the lunch spillage. I'm always paranoid about that sort of stuff, especially because I can't manage to drink water from a Nalgene without dribbling all over myself.