Womens Running

This Is Thursday For Sure (Over 40) :D (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cold here again.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, that's great news about your race!

Dragging anything to the curb is definitely cross training.

Wonderful Tortilla Soup last night. Wednesday was 30 minutes of cardio since I was pressed for time.

Either cardio or TM run after work tonight. We’re supposed to have yet another cold snap today. Oh, just looked at the temperature...it already snapped.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Congrats to Lisa and Ginny for getting into NYC!   What is your charity, Ginny?

I've had a busy week, mostly at my mom's, and lost a long post last weekend  and was too lazy/busy to do it again on phone.. I did a couple runs including one our one perfect running day. I need to hit the gym and do 5 today.  It's too bad I don't have a gym near my mom's, though I do get in a lot of domestic cross training there.

Lisa, I loved the pics of you cold trail run. You'd be a great runner for the Farenheit be Damned group in Fairbanks.

Carol, it's too bad about Ali moving away but congrats to your dau.

Marjorie, you were feeling under the weather last week. Are you back to normal?

Judy, that fire sounds scary.  Do you have sprinklers in your building?

Gatsby, I can't even remember what you were up to, but do remember you ran nice miles as usual.  How is the job?

Laura, how's it going?

Karen, I loved the pics of your house.  Skipping your race sounds like a smart move.  Moving is so much work. I've done it more times than I want to count. Congrats to you for getting into NYC, too.

I'm at my cabin and may be back later.

ginnyb

5 miles on TM again this morning.

Talking to our nephew last night and he is working on 2 charities for me.....in case one doesn't pan out.  Right now I am with Team in Training for Leukemia and Lymphoma, but that may change.  I will know for sure next week, but Brian assures me that this is 100% gonna happen, just not sure which charity.

As far as a hotel goes, I am not sure...Ken will be with me and I believe we are staying with his nephew, to tell the truth I would rather be with you all and am thinking maybe for the night before the race it would be easier all around if I did spend the night with you all, save the nephew a trip at some ungodly hour to get me to the race start.  We will see..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Thank goodness it is Thursday!  I am worn out.  Rode yesterday for 75 minutes and then did core exercises.  6 miles this morning was tough--legs are so tired.  I am really too tired to sit at the desk.  Tempted to go home at lunch.

Crazy weather here.  60s and very humid and foggy.  Supposed to drop 20-30 degrees by lunch.  Windy and rainy.  Not the incredible amount of snow the rest of the country is getting, though, thank goodness.  I would never survive.

Construction guys are outside my window again in this icky weather.  I would not want to be on a lift in these high winds.

Have a great day!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home so I was able to run 13 with 2 X 3 @ MP this morning.  Pilates and some extra miles with hubby tonight.  It was hot (sorry, ladies).

Judy, hoping it warms up for you soon.  Tortilla soup?  I love it.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Camille, enjoy the cabin!  Good luck with the 5.

Ginny, nice TM run.  Those are nice charities.  Keep us posted so we can donate.

Sue, nice 6, notwithstanding the legs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Quick lunchtime hello to everyone.  I fixed curry with lentils, spinach and potatoes for dinner last night (yes, I actually cooked something... not something that happens very often...) so I have good leftovers today instead of my usual boring sandwich.  Ran an easy 4 miles with my DH this morning.  There was actually a little light in the sky when we finished, but sadly that will be gone next week due to the time change.

Judy, I love tortilla soup.  Yum.

Camille, I'm up to no good as usual.    The job has given me a much better life/work balance, more predictable schedule, and less stress.  All very good things.  I've got a trail marathon coming up in a couple weeks so I've been trying to hit the trails more often.

GinnyB, whatever the charity is, I will contribute.  NYC is such a fun marathon.

CrazySue, that's sort of an odd weather forecast.  Did temps in fact drop 20-30 degrees?

Damaris, nice that you got to work from home.  After I've been here for a year (in September), I can telecommute up to 3 days per week.  Can't wait.

Hello to everyone who follows.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Ginny-if there is an option I would think something supporting police or first responders would go over well within your circle!  Also check out that link I pasted last night.  we probably won't be starting until 10:30am.  There are multiple waves and three different routes that people take for the first 8 miles or so!  Also something about not worrying about being peed on if on lower level of bridge.  THAT would actually be a first .. and there aren't many out there for me.  One I wouldn't want though.  I'm going to ask at my hotel tonight about reserving from Wed-Tues for work and see what the rate would be over the weekend with that block of time and corporate tie-in.  HR Director (She ran NJ with Karen and I) is planning on staying with me and helping me get to start.  I'll let you all know what I find out about a double double rate here "in the Hampton's"  LOL  Logistics will just suck any way we look at it so just plan on that being a part of the experience.

Judy-Snap!

Camille- I really didn't think it was supposed to be THAT cold or I wouldn't have gone.  but thanks... I think...

Sue-are they at least good looking construction guys?

Damaris-a little confused on your post.. are you sorry to us ladies because the temp is hot or your run with your dh was hot?  either way there's no need to apologize.. we can use our imagination and imagine hot things.

1.5 hour run this morning in the snow globe that is NYC.  This was just as the snow was starting. Glad that I wasn't trying to fly in or out today!!!  It's a mess out there but my commute to hotel shouldn't be too bad. LOL 1 block.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day.

Spent forever last night editing stuff.  Trained new people today then drove home, picked up the pups.  They had a marvelous time and are now happily passed out on their pillows.

Camille yes, I feel fine.  Just was one day and mostly from travel.  Sometimes the up and down in the plane with pressure changes cause it I think.  I fly a lot but I don't think all planes are created equal or how well they  are with air exchange or pressure stuff

Ginny I hope it isn't TinT but if it is let us know.  Some of their runners can be so obnoxious.  I don't like seeing the purple shirts at races if they are as they act weird to say the least.  I know you won't do that

Marjorie

ginnyb

Oh my goodness Marjorie...I know I wouldn't act weird that's for sure or obnoxious!  I may end up being one of them, but I won't be different I promise.  If it is my only way in, I am taking it..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Ginny, I'd love you to run for TNT and would gladly support you if you do.  I know they have some bad teams/bad rep, but the Fairbanks team was extraordinary and we became quite close.  It wasn't my first marathon, but I doubt I would have attempted the Equinox without them. We had an amazing coach who'd won the Equinox 3 or 4 times and was also a high school cross country coach.  He was so nice and would say just the right thing to encourage us.   A lot of us were runners already and nearly all of us joined because we wanted to run to honor someone and we were mostly doing the local race, esp the first TNT team there.   Some became good friends.  Of course, I joined the team because of Bill.  It seemed like something positive to do to honor him.    DD did TNT in St Louis and Seattle and her teams were fine with pretty good coaching, but they never were as tight as ours. Maybe the suffering we did climbing Ester Dome each week caused us to bond.  : )   If you get in by TNT, I'd encourage you to check out the local group for running. It may be an awesome group (or may not be).

Docket_Rocket

Gatsby, that sounds delicious!

Lisa, I was apologizing for it being too hot while you guys are freezing.  Nice pics!

Marjorie, hope you enjoyed the rest.

I know very crazy TNT runners.  At least they get $ for a good cause but they are crazy!  Ginny excluded, of course.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Still taking a little running break. I was going to run a few easy miles on the TM, but then I went and shoveled about 8" of snow on the driveway. I'm tired and my back is a little sore. Nothing rest won't make better. We are beginning to freak out that the movers are coming next week and we aren't ready. I worked from home today and the way this weather looks (still snowing and getting colder), the office may be closed again tomorrow. Most schools have already called it.

Ginny, I have a good friend that runs for TnT. Her daughter died from lymphoma, so she runs to honor her and raise money. And she has raised A LOT of money. She picks one a race a year that she fundraises for and I think last year she raised something like $40k. Let me know if you want me to put her in touch with you for fundraising ideas. This year she's running Boston (she actually qualified at Mohawk Hudson the same time as I did - it was her house I stayed at when I went up there).

Yikes, how did it get to be almost 6:30 already? Time to shut down the work computer and make some dinner.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel