Womens Running

Messy Monday - Supermoms (Read 390 times)

running eh

RR - haven't run in over 2 weeks.  I started with strep throat and then moved onto the flu.  I took the dog for a walk yesterday and tried to run a bit, but it ended in me coughing like crazy and feeling VERY short of breath.  I hope to try a really easy run tonight or tomorrow.

NRR - cooking day today - shepherd's pie and beef stroganoff, I think.

FR - fish and quinoa salad

KR - DD was finally sleeping through the night and then she got sick.  She has been waking in the night again.  Back to CIO I guess.

running eh

mzm - enjoy the haircut.  that sounds so wonderful.  I hope your kids stay enthralled with the snow.  Mine like the little bit we got recntly, but I'm sure if we ever get more it won' be as exciting.  Great job on the plank!

banshee - good job with th mileage!  boo on the diaper rash, so frustrating.

CX2 - glad you were able to sleep through the night.  I hope the run goes well today. 

jm - hope it all goes well with the cardiologist.  Loved seeing your race results on FB, congrats, 2nd woman is amazing!

twinmom_112002

ER: Planks done.

RR: Most I can say is that my running clothes are under my desk. Hopefully I can at least squeeze in 3 miles at lunch.

KR: DS won second place in his tournament. Girls were good considering they sat and watched their brother play soccer for 2 days.

NRR: Ate lunch at Freebirds yesterday. This started as a small hole in the wall mexican place in the small town connected to UCSB where I went to college. It is now becoming a chain and they had one in the city where ds was playing soccer. Soo good! Got the tree up last night but didn't get anything else done. Laundry and house need attention.

running eh: Hope you feel better! Take it easy on your run if you head out the door. Beef stroganoff sounds yummy.

twinmom_112002

Patty: Hope the knee stays pain free today. How long does it usually take dh to get out of dick phase? Cute that ds is forcing you to play with him.

Bermy: I too am trying to avoid xmas. We put up the tree last night and I just wasn't into it. Thankfully my kids are old enough to essentially do it without me. The chili and cornbread sounds really good too. You guys remind me off all the yummy stuff I used to make when I had time to cook.

Jen: Great score shopping! Glad to hear that your night away was successful!

shelby: Are you going to do anything special before you leave your current location? Any sights you want to take in for the last time, places you want to eat?

runnimer: Hope you find some time to squeeze in that run. I am in the same boat (seems like that is the boat I live in). As for the tree, my dad's parents used to put up the tree at night while the kids were sleeping and then they would wake up to the house decorated. It was their tradtion.

simon: How cool that you guys go and chop down your own tree.

mrzm: Ugh on the oven....enjoy the day.

banshee: The best thing I ever found for diaper rash is naked time. Strip the diaper off and let them frolic in the fresh air for awhile. Good luck on finals.

CT: Would you rather just nurse her back to sleep? Are you missing the closness? It was sweet of your dh to take the night shift!

jm: mmmhh chinese.

Marathonjen

Mrszm – Great job on the runs.  That sucks about the oven.  Sure would have to happen right at Christmas time too.  Are you going to buy a new one or try to fix this one?  Crockpot is a good go-to appliance for dinner!  Yay for a haircut.

Banshee – Good luck with finals.  I bet it feels great to almost be done.  Glad Gem is in a good mood but sorry Ash has bad diaper rash. 

CTimes – Sorry that C keeps waking up but so happy you were able to get some sleep last night.  Now that you know C doesn’t need to eat maybe letting her CIO more will help her to learn to sleep longer.  Honestly, we were up and down with J with his sleep.  When he was 6 months he went through a major sleep regression and was up 2-3 times/night.  It didn’t stop until 11-12 months.

jm – Great job on the race…you know it was hard if you are sore.  Glad you got your 1 mile in to keep the streak alive.  Good luck with DS’s apt today.  Praying everything is great.  I hope your pictures turn out great!

Eh! – LOL…no extreme couponing here.  I had $10 Kohl’s Cash and $10 birthday coupon plus 20% off so I wanted to make sure I used them.  I have a free $20 to Victoria’s Secret too…need to order something.  So sorry to hear you have been so sick.  Everyone is sick.  We have over 100 kids out sick today AGAIN.  Lots of flu and stomach flu.  ICK!

Twinmom – How do you run during lunch?  I always want to do that but we only have 25 min.  I wish I could get out and do it.  Glad DS did well with soccer and the girls were good watching him.

CTimesTwo

zorbs - sorry DH is still causing issues... it's funny how a man can do something can call it "busy" and a woman does the same thing and it's "relaxing"

bermy - nice LR!  My longest has been 10 since my half in September... not really motivated to go much more than that these days..

jen - wishing we had a Kohl's here.... we hardly ever go when we shop in the states b/c the area we go to doesn't have one around..

shelby - you're like the 10th person I know who has caught something from the spouse... i know i caught something from my DH, and this weekend 2 of my friends got sick from germs their DH's brought home too...

mer - mmm Christmas cookies... i haven't had time to bake anything this year but i used to bake lots over the holidays before C... i haven't eaten a single one yet this year..

simon - C barely notices the tree in our house... she only seems interested when I ring her right up to it...

mrsz - awww, cute on the Hi!

banshee - lucky you!  DH still has 2 weeks of teaching left before his break...

C is up from her nap... gotta go, again....

SimonSaysRun

mer.  Hope you have a productive day off.  I hate the way our district does personal/sick days.  I'm trying to save up again in case we decide to have another baby and I'm still working here.  I used up 10 years worth of sick days last year for my maternity leave.  Sad

mrszm.  So jealous about the snow!  We have the cold but nothing else yet.  Sad

banshee.  Our yellow lab is just crazy.  Our house looks like a prison because of her - no decorations, nothing left out, etc.  We block everything off and put everything away every day but there's always something she finds to chew on.  When we first got her we didn't even get a tree that year.  We had Christmas garland with ornaments!  

shelby.  I usually go with DH but it was so frigid yesterday we figured it wouldn't be much fun for M in the backpack.

cx2.  Yeah for no night feeding!  

running.  You have to buy a permit ($10) from the BLM or Forest Service agencies and they tell you what areas you can go to and what type of tree you can cut down.  It's pretty easy.  And cheap!  Sorry you've been so under the weather lately - that's terrible!  M just went through a spell of lots of wake ups.  We're getting back to normal now!

twin mom.  Love Mexican food!  Great for DS's team!  Crazy that they're still playing in December!  Indoors or outdoors?

jen.  I got a super good deal at Kohl's this weekend too!  Will be going back next weekend to finish up the Christmas list!

runswithrocky

ER - yoga DVD (thanks bermy!) on Saturday.  walk both days with stroller and dogs.

NRR - Dh and I are doing ok.  He gave me a footrub last night since I was completely wiped out from 100% baby duty all weekend.  I feel like if I was a SAHM it won't be as bad since I'd have 5 days to do chores and errands but packing it all into 1.5 days (since Sunday night is really just prepping for Monday), is just brutal.  Got a bunch of laundry done.  Picked up the house.  Errands done. 

+1 on not being into Christmas.  I just don't want to do it.  I don't want presents.  I don't want to buy presents.  I just want, like, a second thanksgiving, but with some Christmas movies. 

FR - Tonight is leftover beef stew, again.  It'll be my 4th consecutive meal of it since DH hasn't really eaten all weekend from being sick.  He finally started to feel better on Sunday night (hence the footrub).  Tomorrow will be meatball subs with salad.  Wednesday, something with shredded chicken.  Still not sure, maybe tacos? or burritos? even though we just had them last weekend. 

PGR - Gender u/s tomorrow and first appointment with new dr. 

TR - We got snow yesterday with a high of 21*F (below freezing).  Took Em outside for about 15 minutes.  She tried out all her new snow stuff: boots, coat, gloves & snow bibs.  We got all of it at REI the day before for only $114!  Plus they were doing a promotion that if you spent more than $100 you got $20 in bonus cash.  So anyway, we got that, obviously.  I might get some gloves or socks or something.  Who knows. Or I'll just give it to DH.

Mere - I would get the tree without J.  It'll be easier.  He won't remember it anyway and unless you want yearly we-got-the-tree photos I don't think it's a big deal.  Dh and I put up the tree this year without Em because it was just easier. 

twinmom_112002

simon: We are in southern california so the coldest we get is low 30's but average closer to 50 during the day on our cold days. Makes for rough night and early morning stuff but the rest of the day is not bad. We also don't normally get a lot of rain (and they play in rain here depending on the field). We do get a 3 week break starting this week. I am totally excited, except that the girls will swim straight through.

CT; I am done at lunch unless I have meetings. I start teaching at 6:50 and go straight through with my prep period being the one after lunch. They never make me stay for that actual prep period and I tend to prep before school. Lunch hour for me is the time between getting done working and picking up the kids. Its about an hour and a half. Problem is that this is my only time to do everything I need to do....

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5 miles with RP on Saturday and 3.8 with RP and Early morning RP yesterday afternoon. R is starting to be a brat in the stroller. I guess I'm lucky that my kid has been nice up to this point, but his patience seems to be gone now.

BR: Doing this thing that is so dang cute- He goes and gets his lovey out of his crib and packs it around hugging it and caressing his face with it.  So as far at the PT thing goes, I think I'm just going to keep him in diapers and just plop him on the potty a few times a day. Both Saturday and Sunday he did really good and had no accidents until about 3 pm even with a 2 hour playdate, trips to the store, santa pics, etc. Then for some reason at 3 pm a switch flips and he will have multiple accidents in a row. This morning he pooped in his underwear which is like 10x worse than a diaper poop because it smooshed so bad. This was the first time I had to change a poopy butt in a week because he's been so consistent with the potty.

FR: I just ate randomness from the fridge last night. I roasted a chicken yesterday, so probably something made from that.

NRR: Knocked out a couple of Christmas craft projects last night- a gift for DH and one for MIL.  I made a new friend on Saturday- ran into someone we went to Middle School/High School with at Santa pictures. He had moved away to Milwaukee when he was 16 and he got a job with DH's employer and just moved back here a week ago. I invited his wife to bring their 2 kids (16 mo daughter, 2.5 yo son) to come to a playdate with me and we went over to the lady with the twin girl's house yesterday. It was really nice except the twin's older son was being kind of a little B*** about sharing his toys and was tattling constantly. The lady had a ginormous living room and had one of those LIttle Tykes playhouses and a slide in her living room so it was really awesome.  Our town is really smally and cliquey so I'm trying to help Mary meet people and invited her to come to a Scentsy party thing we are doing at the FD on Thursday.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Leeleeche

RR - I would love to run today but I have appointments all day and then I'm going to see Lincoln with a friend. I'm hoping I can negotiate something with DH tonight. I don't like having to do all my midweek runs in a row. ~~~~~~~ BR - didn't cough once last night, I was shocked! ~~~~~~~~ Got his report card on Friday. He did very well considering the number of phone calls I got from his teacher in September and October. He has made big progress with his behavior. And he got to retake the spelling test so now his score is 60/60. He's much happier with that. I'm so glad he is in a groove now. ~~~~ NRR - we watched Finding Nemo last night. Such a great movie and Jules will finally sit still for most if it.
                        superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- yup- do exercises to strengthen  your medial quad. I like to lay my knee over a foam roller and put a weight on my foot and slowly raise and lower the foot on the affected leg- its a great way to isolate that particular muscle. Though I'm not sure why you would have problems with PF with how much you ST unless maybe you have been doing a ton of outer quad and hamstring exercises? R yells "Down!" at me when he wants me to play on the floor with him.

Bermy- is there a mad rush at the store when the food boat comes? I'm procrastinating about xmas too.

Jen- yay for DH being home more. Tonight is my DH's last night shift, then he works S, S, M, Tu day shifts then is off for a whole week over Christmas Smile

mer- Yes I can see the bonus of 2 kids, too. Have a fun day off!

mzm- booo for a broken oven! That blows!   Hope the ART helps. Does your chiro do Kinesio tape too? That helped my knee a lot.

Banshee- what are you getting a degree in?

simon- I saw your pic of DH with the tree, the hillbilly teeth were so goofy Smile

cx2- I think it was around 9 mos that DH started soothing R a bit at night and we got him to night wean. Way to go, C! She's going to sleep more before you know it!

jmmiller- amazing job at the race!

Page two...

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh!- Oh no! Feel better soon! I've had to CIO with R lately- he is waking so often at night, its driving me nuts. I still wake so easily whenever he makes the slightest peep.

twinmom- yay for DS! Is he done being in trouble now?

Rocky- we got snow yesterday but it didn't stick so R hasn't gotten to play in it yet. Have you and DH talked about how "done" you are feeling? Or are you waiting until he's feeling better? Yay for gender u/s!  Your feelings on Christmas this year are my feelings every year Smile

Lee- I was very hard on myself as a kid and was upset if I didn't get A's and 100% on everything. I graduated from university at age 19 with honors and was disappointed that it was only Magna Cum Laude instead of Summa Cum Laude. Hopefully your DS will ease up a little bit and see that its the effort that counts.

runswithrocky

Spike - no we haven't really talked about it.  But we sort of talked about it, if that makes sense?  I asked him if he was serious a couple months ago when he brought up divorce and he looked at me like I was an alien.  Then I asked if he still wanted to be married.  He said yes.  Then I just told him that I'd observed he hasn't been very happy recently.  Which he agreed with.  And that was pretty much the talk.  Anyway.  We'll see what happens.  I'm trying to weigh how much of my "done" feeling is real and how much is blown out of proportion due to preggo hormones.  I don't want to make a rash decision, afterall.  I think he is humbled by the way I took care of him this weekend even though we had just had a fight. 

Spike2 - Reid sounds so adorable!  Em is also having low stroller tolerance recently.  But then she'll surprise me and just chill.

Spike3 - I sort of LOL'd at your response to Leelee.  I graduated with honors from university at 20 and was also ticked that it was just Magna and not Summa!  Haha.  I just wanted to be done.  I thought I was the only crazy chick like that!  I seriously cannot fathom my friends who took 5-7 years to graduate just because they were messing around.  (Unlike my friends who took 5-7 years because they were working their way through, mad props to them!)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

knee seems to be ok..I ran across the gym to grab something and didn't feel a thing...just noticed a rhinestone fell out from my ring again. GAH.

bermy - I remember once B ate almost a full slice of shepherd's pie...then he'd never touch it again. Sigh.

jen - you can't keep him contained in the stroller? the only time I have problems is when the aisles are narrow...like at Sally's, B grabs every bottle.

shelby - nope, never had knee pain like that before.

mer - perhaps my fault, but I asked MIL to bring her crack cookies on Saturday, and we cannot stop eating them!

mrszm - enjoy your haircut..

back later..gotta go buy some krazy glue for the ring..and I'm wearing pyjama pants.  I am ALL CLASS.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/