Womens Running

Messy Monday - Supermoms (Read 390 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

Megan- Are we twins or something? Wink  I think your "sort of talk" would be a good opening for counseling for you guys.  I started going to counseling a couple years ago after DH and I had a big fight over his feelings of me not being supportive of him. It made me realize I was was carrying a lot of baggage from my formative years that was preventing me from living a full and happy life and being a partner in my marriage. DH thinks counseling is dumb, but it really helped me a ton and made me frame my thoughts differently. I went to only a couple parties in college and they were at DH's college, not mine (which is known for being a party school)- I just wanted to get in, get out and start making my own way. In hindsight I would have chosen a different major, but it is what it is  and I picked Apparel Merchandising & Textiles because I was a 17 year old HS graduate with an AA degree and was given 5 minutes to declare my major while registering for classes at orientation.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RunningUphill

Good Morning!

RR: Probably nothing today (Except my planks!).  Migraines have been really bad lately and need to lay off the meds which means- can't afford a running induced migraine.  7 miles on the trails yesterday.  Was hoping for a lot more but woke up with a bad migraine so it was all I could muster.

TR: Fun weekend!  Busy.  Lots of parties and running and decorating, etc.  Ds was great until this morning.  Monday mornings are always hard for him.  After being home with mom and dad for 3 days he doesnt want us to go to work!

NRR: Obsessively charting.  I need to take a step back and not stress.  But it is hard not to analyze every little thing.  Does anyone get super crampy AFTER O?  It doesnt really make sense but I am pretty sure I O'd over the weekend, but I am still super crampy and bloated.  Weird.  I really need my migraines to go away so I can obsess about running instead of TTC.  I think it's a healthier habit : )

Be right back for personals!

Marathonjen

Spike - You are a great person for trying to help new people get acclimated to the area.  I wish I had that where I am.  LOL on R and his lovie...J does the SAME thing.  He always goes to his room to get it and then cuddles it.

Rocky - I am glad you sort of talked to DH...He should be taking care of you as much as you take care of him.  It seems like you are always trying to rationalize his behavior...I hope he realizes that you work so hard for him and your relationship.  You need a vacationWink

Uphill - I think I just O'd this weekend too and now I am crampy and bloated...so maybe it is a sign of O!  Glad you had a great weekend with DS.  Boo on the migraines.

Page 2

Marathonjen

Lee - I hope the movie is great and you can get your run in.  Glad J is feeling better and DS got a great report card.

Zorbs - boo on that ring.  At least you didn't lose the rhinestone this time.  Do you still have spares?

Rocky - Yay for the gender u/s tomorrow.  Are you still thinking it is a boy?  How does this pregnancy compare to the first one?? 

RunningUphill

Zorbs: Sorry about the knee.  I hope it works itself out.

Bermy: I can't believe you always make such delicious meals and you have such sporadic access to groceries.  It probably makes you a much better shopper.  I can be a spacy shopper because I know I can always go back.

Jen: Shopping with toddlers is not the most fun or relaxing project!  Ds is finally getting a little easier to take.  He doesnt like it, but at least he doesn't grab and break everything.

Shelby: So sorry you didnt get your date night.  And that you dont feel well.  I hope your move goes smoothly.

Mer: I feel the same way!  I think ds should have been a twin because he (and we) are so much happier when he has a playmate.  I can't wait to get this kid a sibling.

Simon: Yay for cutting down christmas trees! Sounds so fun.

Zack Morris: I cant wait to take ds to the snow!  It is a hefty drive for us but we are planning a weekend soon.

jmmiller: Good luck with G's appointment!  I am sure everything will be great.  Oooh, take-out chinese sounds amazing.  I also did not get to the store this weekend and I have a feeling we will be eating canned soup tonight!

RunningUphill

Rocky: I hope you can get to a good place with dh, whichever path that takes.

Spike: Yay for holiday crafts : )

Jen: Interesting.  If I didn't know better I would swear that AF was here.  But she's not.  But boy do I feel awful.

BermyHorse

plank yesterday 1.29. My goal with my plank today is 1.30. I asked DH to critique my plank form and he said I had a tiny bit of an arch so my aim is to be dead straight.

Zorbs – all class. I saw your fb pic and thought “Santa is going to have a heart attack”. And that takes Santa’s ‘little helper’ to a whole new level.

Jen/mer – re. xmas I think I hate it cos 1)I was so saddened as a kid by my family fighting/drinking etc at xmas 2) I am not religious and so there’s less powerful meaning 3) there’s a lot of pressure to buy stuff/cook stuff etc 4) we are moving countries so anything we buy is going to be sold/taken with us. We are just giving stockings this year 5) the shops here are rubbish, half empty, over priced and there’s nothing we really want or need.

Jen – just under 60,000 people live here.

Shelby – hope you are feeling better. I liked your idea of writing down all my workouts – I ought to go back over my posts and make a spreadsheet or something.

Mer – enjoy your personal day. Sounds lovely. Let me know how you get on with the tree. We are not getting one as I know it will be just too tempting for DS to pull over.

Simon – great job on your running! Nice!

Mrszm- how are you getting your hair done?

Banshee – I am getting a lot better at pacing. It still takes me 4-5mins to really ‘feel’ it though. Running on a measured distance without a garmin and just a stop watch has worked wonders for helping me learn pacing.

Cx2 – sorry you guys are struggling. My DS has had a snivelly nose the past few days and I have been up at 2,3,4,5. You name it. He is looking and feeling a lot better now.

Jm – glad to hear you do get sore and you are not a bionic runner. Nice on streak. I see my coach twice a week.

Eh – yes I think you’re right. It’s a very busy time of year and I normally feel ‘stretched’ in what I have on during regular weeks let alone xmas. I go to the store with a few meals in mind as there might not be salmon one week or chicken breasts the next… it has made me a very good meal planner and a very picky shopper. Hope you are feeling better soon and can get right back to running.

Twin – well done on your planks. And well done to DS for soccer. And girls for sitting through it. I wouldn’t have time to cook if I was out watching soccer too. You know those days are coming. Also, I tend to cook with the oven in winter to heat the house and also save time which has been brilliant, plus there is usually at least one meal of leftovers.

Rocky – which dvd? I agree completely on a second thanksgiving with movies. That sounds perfect. Aren't you angry with your DH? Like not just a little bit?

Spike – oh no on stroller-brat. I am dreading that happening. I do about 80% of my running with the stroller. Without that I would be screwed. How was he being a brat?

Lee - Hope you can run without them being back to back. Thanks for the MIL advice. I told DH what you posted and we talked about it. Still undecided.

Uphill – good luck with the o? I get crampy – not a lot but noticeable. Nice on your 7! A good shopper and a good meal planner – it has taken me many years to get it right though. And I always shop with at least 2 meals in mind so if one thing is out, then we can still eat healthily. 

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I had a really hard time after I moved home after college. I didn't know anyone here and the only way to meet people is via Church or the bar, and I don't go to either of those. I figure even if Mary and I don't end up  being good friends, I figure its the neighborly thing to do to introduce her to into my networks so she can meet people. The twin's mom was a good one because she's a SAHM. I pretty much made all of my friends through either 1) the Fire dept, 2) Weight Watchers, or 3) running. It was a rough first couple of years here because I was overweight and had no self confidence to put myself out there. Now I'm totally shameless and ask people if they want to hang out right after I meet them- the worst thing that could happen is we have nothing in common and I can just say I tried. I've been really bad about getting out of my house to be social lately, so it was a good push for me.   Reid's attachment to his lovey is extra cute because its a little 18x18" quilt made out of Minkee that I made for him to help him STTN rather than just some random stuffed animal Smile Makes me feel like a good mom for making something for him like my mom used to do for me.

zorbs- did you keep the chain of rhinestones from the craft shop from the last time one fell out?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Leeleeche

zorbs - I hope the knee is ok. Don't you love that we can have a potty mouth on RA? That is about the only thing I like about it. Oh and the no spam thing.

bermy - I had a dream about you. I have a photography client who is Aussie and I imagined that she was you. I was like, Bermy??? And she was like yes, I can't believe it took you this long to figure out who I was. She has 2 older kids so that didn't make sense. I loved hearing you (her) talk. 

Jen - I have a hard time shopping with J too. Sometimes I can get DS to distract her which helps. It gets better though, I promise!

shelby - I'm still bummed that you didn't get your couples weekend but sounds like you weren't feeling so hot anyway. I hope your move goes smoothly!

mer - which Christmas cookies were your faves? I am baking this week and I usually do 4 kinds, still figuring it out. 

mrszack - we finally got our oven fixed after about 3 months. i am so glad to have it back. i love to back for the holidays. 

banshee - you didn't ask for suggestions but the only that helped J the last time she had diaper rash was Yakult. It workedalmost instantly after 2 10 days of nothing helping it. 

Cx2 - I can identifiy with night waking. Not fun! J still does it every night even though she is a lot better. 

superspike113

Honorary Old

uphill- I really hope you O'd and that you and DH caught the egg! Crossing all my fingers and toes for you. Sorry about the migraines, that sounds like hell Sad

Bermy- Well that one day he just started screetching the last 3/4 mile which is really unnerving when you are far away from your house and passing random strangers who are giving you the stink eye for runnign with a screaming child. Yesterday he was just shouting and kept trying to kick his Bundleme off even though he would have froze. He did better once I reinserted his binky- he hates wearing mittens in the stroller which I'm sure contributes to the problem- I think he also doesn't like it when its really dark and can't see our surroundings. He is just having an attitude about being confined in the stroller/carseat/highchair and has an expiration of about 15-20 min. He just learned to walk and is very busy now, I understand that, but mama needs to run!

strollermama

So it's official...I am crazy.  I know I am not pregnant.  I am on an IUD and my chances are 1 in 1000.  I feel like AF is coming so I shouldn't be paranoid but I also feel like I could be pregnant.  I felt this way last month too so I just think I need to accept that now that my hormones are back, I will feel like I am PGR every month before AF.  The nausea is what has been bothering me.  I also am sick with something so that is confusing me too.  AF should arrive today but it still hasn't come and I am getting so inpatient.  I went to town today and looked at all 3 stores we have (Dollar general, dollar store, and piggly wigly) and not one has a pregnancy test.  I know I am being ridiculous...I just wish AF would arrive!

Anyone else as paranoid as me every month, despite being on BC?

twinmom - NO fun plans for the week.  There isn't a lot to do around here.  Dh will also still be here for another year and a half so we can go places when we visit.

eh - Sorry to hear you were sick for so long.  That sounds terrible.

rocky - Do you have any ideas of boy vs girl?

uphill - I always get crampy before O but everyone is different!

bermy - If you make that spreadsheet, send it my way!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

I think just writing that down made me realize how crazy I am haha.  I am going to stop worrying now.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runswithrocky

Bermy - I finally was able to do the shivea ray.  But I held the poses a lot longer and didn't spend so much time idle.  Like when she does plank for about 10 seconds and the rests repeat 4x - I just held one for the entire segment.  In the future I'll skip the warm up and by the end I skipped the guided meditation.  I've got a few others to hopefully try tonight! 

I'm mostly over the whole DH thing.  He raises his voice and that sets me off like nothing.  He apologized and I apologized.  I know I escalated it, but sometimes I just don't feel like backing down when we're in the middle of an argument (may have something to do with my Irish/Italian heritage).   I've filed it away and won't forget, but mostly we're just moving forward.  I'm not going to hold a grudge or be snippy to him or anything. 

Regarding him getting sick, whatever.  He's always a baby when he's sick, but he was really bad this weekend.  Chills so he was visibly shaking.  He had on all the blankets + additional comforter + the heating pad - this is the man who sleep naked witha  sheet even in below freezing temps. So cleaning up after him was annoying, but I'm trying to bank all of my kindness because he's going to have 2 weeks of helpless c-section wife come spring.  And that can't be fun. 

Jen - just more tired this time.  but other than that, pretty similar. 

Shelby - and all who asked about gender - a 12 weeks u/s showed that it might be a boy-but i know that can be unreliable.  So that's how we're leaning but tomorrow is the "official" anatomy scan, so we'll see what happens! 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

banshee - I can't wait for Christmas break either!

cx2 - lol on the 3 hours of sleep...now multiply that for a week and that's what I felt like on saturday.

simon - what's BLM?

alison - ugh on being sick.  I have a feeling hacking down random trees in the woods is illegal around here.  Where are you working now? Are you going to be in my neck of the woods over the holidays to run?

jmm - I just feel like the shit hit the fan on Saturday re: the difference in what DH thinks he contributes vs the reality.

twin - Christmas is just blah to me.  Dh countered last night that I never help clean the house..it's sort of related but more like a diversion from the actual argument at hand, which is still continuing.

rocky - I would throw food out after 4 meals.

lee - wow that J would sit still for a movie.  How old was DS when you first took him to a movie theatre?

spike - I just immediately think patellofemoral when it is kneecap pain, but since it came and went so suddenly, I think it is more like a random freak injury...I KNOW I train my quads and hamstrings equally.

uphill - sorry about your migraine.  The one I had a couple weeks ago only lasted 5 hours and I already wished I was dead by the end.

spike/jen - yeah I still have about 7 rhinestones on the 56 cents worth of chain I bought.  score!

bermy - my FB pic is ooooooooooollllllld.  I use it every Christmas.  I know I am all class. :P

shelby - I am definitely paranoid every month.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Hi Ladies~

RR: 6.2 with R this morning. I ran in shorts and a long-sleeve tech shirt! crazy weather for Dec. Felt great today. Did 2x2:30 Front Planks and 2x1:00 side planks (each side).

TR: just a crazy fun ball of energy lately! he really makes me laugh. he's obsessed with these pumpkin oat mini muffins i made for him over the weekend.

NRR: gor a decent amount of shopping done this weekend, and I'm going by myself tomorrow morning to hopefully finish the rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- I think DH needs a kick in the.... hope your knee is ok! i'll have to go back thru yesterday's thread, but how did dinner end up turning out this weekend?

Bermy- hope the coaching session goes well today! R loves chili, too! He shovels it in like it's hit favorite thing! Hmm, may have to see if i have all the ingredients to make that for dinner! Have fun at the playground.

jen- glad that J was so good while you guys were away, we still haven't spent a night away yet, and we really need to. Ugh, I hear ya on the shopping- R has about a 5 minute attention span for the shopping cart now and wants to get down! He's always been great, sitting happily in the cart, playing with  my purse or car keys, but now he wants to explore!

shelby- glad you're feeling better! being sick sucks, being sick as a mommy is horrible! wow, this weekend is the move already?! i hope it all goes smoothly for you. have a great run today!

mer- playdate sounds fun, and i loved the pics on FB- they looked like they had a great time together! hope you enjoy your day off from work, and are able to get alot done!

simon- great job getting your mileage back up there! are you training for a race? sounds like you guys got a great tree! R had no interest in ours until after it was decorated/lights put on.

mrszm- bummer about the oven!!! that stinks, i hope you can get it fixed soon. yay for snow! i really really want a white christmas this year for R, but i doubt it will happen. it's sooo cute when they start daying "hi"

Banshee- i'm beyond impressed with your ultra training!!!good luck with the last week of school- i hope it flies by for you! ugh on the diaper rash- hope it clears soon.

Cx2- YAY for C not eating at night! that's HUGE!!! i hope she's able to sleep longer stretches without waking soon. great job on the running this weekend too!

jnmiller- you raced HARD and ran a kicka$$ race this weekend! enjoy the easy recovery days. hope allgoes well with DS cardiologist appt. enjoy the family photos!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08