Womens Running

Time to Run Tuesday Supermoms (Read 16 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: 5-7 miles this morning after my 6am PT client. It's 40* and raining!

TR: took him to see the PA yesterday (his regular dr is out of town) since he was still running a 104 temp. She did the rapid strep test which was negative, and checked his ears for an ear infection, also negative. She didn't think it was the flu given how long he's been sick. Other than maybe viral tonsillitis she didn't have any ideas. Also, she kinda made me feel dumb- I guess you're supposed to just use the arterial or tympanic thermometer once they reach a certain age, not the rectal?! I had been taking his temp rectally, and it was 104+, but when we got to the office, they took it in his ear and it was only 100.4. Weird. So, I'm just supposed to keep fluids and Tylenol/ibuprofen in him as needed. It's no frustrating to NOT have an answer. Oh, and his appetite is STILL non-existent. Sigh. Hoping he's better today.

NRR: didn't nap yesterday b/c of time of dr's appt. hoping to today- I'm so tired.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4 miles of hills (double bitch, yeah!) with Sam.

TR - pooped in his underwear again.  I told him in the car on the way to music class, "if you poop in the potty, we'll go to the train store AND I'll let you have chocolate.  Will you poop in the potty tomorrow?" "NO."

FR - crockpot veggie lasagna

NRR - eh asked me to go to lunch but I am still feeling bad about everything and unable to function socially.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 16k. Got in some bonus arm and shoulder ST trying to hack all the remaining ice off our driveway since it doesn't seem like it's going to melt.

TR - She's still teething so keeps asking me for a piece of ice to suck on. Except her pronunciation makes it sounds like she's walking around constantly asking for a "piece of ass"

FR - Chili garlic chicken breasts, sesame ginger carrots, jasmine rice

NRR - Library program this morning. I recruited another woman with a maniac daughter to sign up, so it should be extra rowdy.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

RR:  Not sure.  I think I missed out on the best running weather of the week yesterday.  Hoping for 4 after work...it will be on the TM.

BR:  Slept 4 hours straight last night!  (In his car seat.)  Dr. gave us the go ahead to try rice to help him sleep.  Not sure if it worked, or being in the car seat worked.  We have his mattress propped and he keeps turning and sliding so that is going to stop tonight.

TR:  Found out that the open house for 3K is next month.  Crazy to be thinking about school for him.

NRR:  It is supposed to snow today....4-8".  Everything in our house is in limbo until it starts and stops.  Trying to roll with it..I am dreading the night if DH is gone.

FR:  Chocolate chip pancakes last night...not sure about tonight...it may be Subway if I don't feel like cooking! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - I think I have an easy 40-50 mins on the schedule.  Will TM at lunch, it snowed another half a foot yesterday, I was going to mile repeats outside, but those will be Thursday once the pathways are clear.

RR2 - bootcamp was ok, if I keep going it'll be a bonus workout and not a sub for my own ST'ing.  They had a circuit w/ 10 exercises, we did each one for 45 seconds then 15 seconds to switch and went around twice, so that's just 20 minutes, plus we did some balance stuff (yoga type), some abs (but not intense or anything) and stretching.  It was a super fun social outing but no physically challenging.

TR - ended up sleeping at MIL's because of the snow.  The side streets are so bad and I didn't want MIL getting stuck, I offered to pick her up but my bootcamp wasn't over till 8:00 and that's pretty late for M.  Sounds like she went to bed well even though she didn't have her lamby.

BR - had fun with just her last night.  My mom sent me a picture of me at a year, we're like twins.

FR - thought I'd have leftover roast but between dinner last night and one lunch each for DH and I it's gone, so I have to figure out something for tonight...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

moxieluvah

RG - we always took the temp under the arm, but we just got a forehead thermometer and it works awesome.

zorbs - if you have time can you explain to me how to duct tape a blister? does the sticky part touch the blister? sorry i know you have explained this before but i cant remember.

ernie - lol on the piece of ass, my brothers girlfriend's name is Azure and every time DS says it, it sounds like asshole

mer - DD will be in 4K next year, going to be so weird to have her here at school!

CA - boot camp sounds like a fun way to work out!

----

RR - 4 on TM; did 16 on the snowy trails sunday and seriously felt like i ran a marathon, so sore!

KR - both wanted to wear pajamas to the sitter so i let them, i sent clothes but don't really care if they put them on, i look at it as less laundry.

NRR - snowing now, maybe out of school early? we hardly ever do that so it's wishful thinking, but I sure could use a nap today.

FR - pizza and salad last night

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - aww poor R, I hope he's on the mend really soon.  I think there are different 'normal' temps depending on where you take it, but I'm not sure if rectal is supposed to be higher or not - I have one of those ear thermometers, but I always have to take it a couple times because it isn't always consistent, especially with a squirming kid.

zorbs - nice work on the hills!  We have 2 more weeks of speed and then we're doing 4 weeks of hills, I'm looking forward to it!  I hope you get up the nerve to go for lunch with eh, maybe it'll help your mood?

ernie - I should have shovelled to get a bonus workout... I'll let dh have it this time around Smile  LOL on S wanting a piece of ass.

mer - yay for 4 hrs of sleep!!  I hope it continues.  When we had the mattress propped up I started w/ rolled up receiving blankets to stop the rolling, and then bought this sleep positioner thing from BRU that was like $10 and was two foam blocks basically, worked great.  YUM on the chocolate chip pancakes!

moxie - ha, my kids live in pj's on the weekend!  Often I don't bother to get them dressed if they aren't going anywhere.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

moxie - lol every time I get asked I'm like damn I need to do a youtube video.

I stick 2 pieces of duct tape together as "padding" and trim the corners to be rounded. Lube up the blister with polysporin, slap the padding on and then tape it in place, I use this fabric tape called Leukotape P and paint the edges with tincture of benzoin for extra sticky.  Then put bodyglide on the edges of the fabric tape.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  TM tonight

TR:  So sassy.  I need to set more boundaries with him because he is trying to walk all over us.

NRR:  Ugh, coming down sick and I feel like poo.

FR:  Soup tonight.

Ok, super busy right now.  Client tried to O.D. trying to avoid going to court today. Oy vey.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - is Tylenol making a dent in that fever at all?

ernie - C also posted about hacking the ice off the driveway; DH did ours on Sunday when it was soft mush.

mer - crap that reminds me I need to call the school to ask about K registration.

CA - no I am not fit to see anyone lately.

becky - I feel like I've been fighting off sick for weeks.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3 miles on the treadmill with the middle mile at tempo. Felt really hard, which is very sad because it wasn't even as fast as my normal tempo pace. I haven't done anything other than Easy runs and long runs for 4 mos. Also did dumbbell chest presses, shoulder presses, one arm rows and back extensions.

TR: Let him stay up until 8:30 last night and he didn't do any of the normal shenanigans- when I carried him to bed he whispered "I'm sleepy, mama."  Only 2 timeouts yesterday, which is really good for a Monday- its usually more like 4-6.

FR: Last night was chicken sausage, tator tots, salad and sauteed brussel sprouts. Dh said he would try the sprouts but chickened out. Bought GF steel cut oats on amazon, so I made overnight crockpot oats for breakfast- I can't eat rolled oats anymore since I've gone steel cut.

NRR: Our friend that works as a jailer came over last night, and basically working in a jail sounds like having to deal with 50 toddlers all day long.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- that is really odd that R has been sick this long. I've never taken R's temp rectally, I always do his ear. Though in Canada when he came down with the flu and we had to buy a thermometer in the middle of the night at Rexall, all we could find was this weird armpit one then had to figure out how to convert Celsius to Farenheit so we would know wtf was going on lol

zorbs- I'm really sorry you are having such a rough time. I think your system is really unfair, but I guess DH and I got married when we were 20 and had nothing so we always pooled everything. Now, he makes more than twice what I do and it does make me feel like I have to be responsible for more of the house stuff, and he is more likely to buy whatever he wants than me doing that. He's never said to me that I have to do the house cleaning because I make less money, its my own weird thing that makes me feel that I'm not pulling my weight as much financially.   Oh there were these resolutioner women doing this silly full body circuit at the gym this morning- one lady was doing deadlifts with a rounded back- ouch!

Ernie- we have a bottom drawer freezer, and R tries to fondle the ice every time I open it. I should just toss the ice since it probably has toddler goobers on it :/

Mer- is H barfy/gassy at all?

CA- that pot roast sounds crazy good. Where did you find that recipe?

moxie- LOL I've sent R to his daycare in jammies before Smile

Becky- Ugh, it would drive me crazy to work with shatbags like that.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - it's from this cookbook - they are some of my favorite regular cookbooks, and one of the only slow cooker books I like.  All their recipes are a bit more involved with some pre-cooking, but I'm willing to put more work in to get a good meal out of if.  http://www.amazon.com/Best-Bridge-Slow-Cooker-Cookbook/dp/0778804135/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389716270&sr=8-1&keywords=best+of+bridge+slow+cooker+cookbook  Awesome work with the ST'ing!

runninmer

rg - I have never taken a temp rectally...weirds me out.  I really hope you can figure out what is up with R.  Could it be molars?

zorbs - We bribe J with chocolate for going on the potty too.  Usually works, but he has yet to poop in the potty.  That's scary business for these boys!

ernie - Have fun at the library.  DH was headed to the library with the boys as well today.  He said he felt weird because moms from J's Y class were talking about going and he didn't want to see them there because he doesn't talk to them.  I told him maybe he should try...not that he has to make friends with them, but he is the one who is keeping J social!

CAR -  I have never done a run just for time.  I should try it.  Sounds like a nice night with just one LO at home!  Although, for us, J is a pretty good sleeper so after 8 was golden...until H came along!   I feel like I am always jostling him when I put him down...so a flat mattress surrounded by blankets should work....

moxie - Today is a scheduled early release for us which works out pretty well.  It was snowing pretty good when I checked a few minutes ago.  So...I had a dream last night and you were there with your DH.  You were wearing a purple dress and were complimenting me on my bathroom sink (it is a cool sink) but we were at my Grandmas old house and I was trying to find coffee that I liked.  Weird.

spike - No, H isn't barfy/gassy.  He just doesn't like being put down to sleep!  I think my DH is similar to you in the approach about being home.  When he is home in the winter he does the cooking and cleaning and caring of children because I work all day.  Then in the summer, I take over those responsibilities.  Money in a relationship is tough.  We have separate accounts, primarily because of DH's business.  It has always worked for us and we both buy pretty much whatever we want and don't worry about getting "in trouble".  He didn't LOVE It when I bought my Lulu shorts, but , hey, it was my money.  We also split bills, he pays some, I pay some and for the mortgage we split that as well.  Many, many people think the way we do things is odd, but we don't fight about money.  And we are always there to help each other and we save together.  So, when H was born and we (I) got socked with the hospital bill, it came out of our joint savings.  We even go as far as sending two checks for some bills.  (Okay, that was long winded and not fully intended for just your viewing/reading!)  Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

mer- even though I don't bring home the majority of the money, I'm the CFO in our relationship- major money decisions come down to my Yay/Nay as to whether we can afford it. I decide how much goes into retirement/savings/etc and what savings is spent on, what our budget is for items and projects. I handle all the bill paying and everything, so honestly DH is a little clueless and just brings home a paystub to me every other week. I guess taking the helm of financial control makes me feel better about making less because I know I'm benefitting our family with my handling of our finances. I do understand that my situation is different because neither of us are self employed though.