Womens Running

White Christmas Weekend (over 40) (Read 19 times)

How many times has this movie shown near you this week?  We are seeing it tonight at the art deco theater I love. Believe it or not, at the urging of 14 yo dd..."it's a tradition!"

Going to get out for my weekly outside run since it's in the 30's and has been raining (stopped now) so hopefully sidewalks aren't too icy.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa I don't think it is playing here.

I did 5.1 miles and almost no burning in the foot so it is improving.

Puppy pool in a bit.

First day of winter but it will be almost 80 today.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning and Happy Weekend!

Just back from a glorious 7 mile run in the snow.  Wow, my legs are going to feel this.  Thank goodness for my Trax, or I wouldn't have been able to stand upright.  Actually, the snow itself isn't bad, it's the slush and that brown stuff that falls off of the car tires that is so hard to get any traction with.  Felt good to be outside, though

Lisa - enjoy the movie.  I love "It's a Wonderful Life".  Be careful, I know you guys are in for sleet/ice.  I am glad today is the first day of winter and the shorted day of the year....now we can look forward to longer days and spring....at least that's what I'm telling myself ha ha

Marjorie - ahhhh, 80 degrees (see above) 

Happy weekend!  I haven't seen any Christmas specials or movies this year, but I do have my car radio set to the "all Christmas, all the time" station.  Just back from 8 miles with my RC.  I have to finish up some Christmas shopping today, mostly for DH, but I never know what to get him and he always says he doesn't need anything.   Same for my Dad.

Lisa, I love seeing classic movies in the big old art deco theatre downtown.  Last year we went to a singalong Sound of Music there.

Marjorie, glad for the continued improvement in the hip and other moving parts.  Wow, 80 degrees on the first day of winter.

LC, yikes, 7 miles in the snow would wear me out.

I am going to a wedding/solstice party later today.  Wedding I get, not sure what a solstice celebration entails.  Guess I'll find out!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Got up early this so morning so I could get my errands done before it got really busy out. I wanted to go to Sam's Club, which is by the mail. Got there, got my hair cut, went to the bank and was home by 11. Ran 13 miles and walked the dog, now doing laundry and cleaning. I'm going to try to get up early again tomorrow morning to get to the grocery store and Target. Did you guys hear Target is giving 10% off this weekend? Trying to get people in the door after the credit card fraud deal. I know I shopped there during the timeframe they mentioned, will be watching my credit card statement carefully!

Marjorie, yes, DH did get the car. It's a 2009 Fit, he really likes it. We're in the mid-60s here, loving this first day of winter.

Lisa, have fun at the movies! And I hope the run went well.

Laura, nice snow run.

Gatsby, sounds like you're having a nice weekend. DH and I are not doing gifts since we got 2 cars in the last 3 weeks and have been buying a lot of stuff recently. I still got him a couple little stupid things. My parents are the hardest to buy for - they don't need anything and can never think of anything they want. Last year we got them an iPad. Since they are thinking of coming to Boston for the marathon, and are baseball fans, I told them their Christmas present was I'd buy them tickets to the Red Sox game the Sunday before the marathon. If they decide not to go to Boston, I'll have to think of something else.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  I have been MIA with two orders due Friday and Monday and me working through the weekend.  Two URDs on Thursday and Friday mainly because I had no time.  Trixie came home from the biopsy yesterday and appears stronger and more active than before she went in.  I just don't want to get my hopes up because it depends on the biopsy results if she will fight this or not.

8 miles in a few.

Lisa, hope your outside run went well.

Marjorie, progress indeed.

LC Runs, nice 7.

Gatsby, enjoy the wedding.

Karen, enjoy the shopping day!  How's the doggie doin?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I baked a ton of cookies and peanut butter bars.  I can't eat them but it was fun. I was going to bake a few other kinds but stopped. I did eat a few of them but my stomach wasn't happy.

I did did make the cheesecake ones Ginny had posted on her wall. Dh said they are really good

I will make a big plate of them for dh to take to work.

Damaris is sorry you have to work.

Karen  that seems to be a good gift for the parents.

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!

Still no running here, but PT had me on a bike  and I'll do that a couple times next week.

DD is still here and it is so nice! We spent Friday night in Atlanta and went to ML King's Historic site and walked around lights at Olympic park. We didn't do the 5k-set alarm only to discover DD had left sports bra and my hip was too sore after PT  and walking Friday.  We did the CNN tour and had lunch in the top of the Westin in their rotating restaurant.  I'm such a tourist-I loved it! We also shopped and met sister's family and SIL for dinner. Today we have much more driving ahead-meeting Alabama bro for lunch near GA/AL line, a 50th anniversary party for friend then dinner with late hubby's family.   Looking forward to everything (except the 200 miles of driving in the rain).

Laura, I'm also amazed at the number of squats you do!  Remarkable!  Be careful on the ice.

Lisa, we have a lot of traditions, too, but not really movies. It's nice your DD appreciates yours! I hope you had a great walk outside.

Marjorie, 80 degrees??  Wow!

Gatsby, there are usually a lot of solstice events in Alaska. I hope you had fun at yours!

Karen, tickets sound like a great gift. I'm doing restaurant gift cards for a couple people who are hard to buy for.  I hope Jake does OK with his "cone of shame."

Demaris, I hope your kitty gets better. Enjoy the weekend!

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to anyone who comes later.  Time to bake pies and wrap gifts.  : )

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 8 went awesome.  First run in a while where I felt great.  I wanted to do 15 this morning but woke up with a migraine.  I think I found one trigger that mixed with TTOM always gives me a migraine.  Hoping not to eat that on that week and see.  So, 10-15 tonight.

Marjorie, send me some cookies, thanks. 

Camille, hope the PT releases you for running soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

White Christmas for sure!!!

Lisa - Glad to see  you posting....have missed your input!

Marjorie - Great job on the baking!!!  Especially since you don't eat it!  I'm sure DH's co-workers will be glad.

Damarias - Glad you had a nice run.

LCruns - This is going to be a LONG winter I am afraid Sad

Gatsby - Interesting, wedding and solstice....will be curious to hear about that.

Karen - Sounds like a good plan with your Christmas gifts.

Camille - Sounds like you are having a great time with DD!  That is the best type of Christmas.

Did 8 yesterday with RB's....DH put some screws in my shoes and that was really helpful on the slippery roads.  But for some reason I ended up with hip pain...ouch....I had to walk several times, it was killing me.  Feels ok today.

Anonymous Guest

9 miles done in the rain and 62 degrees. Quite nice. Came home and saw DH's new car with a smashed up front fender. He was in the left of the two lanes going straight, some lady in the right lane (there were two lanes going straight and she was in the farthest right one) tried to turn left and turned right into him! He's only had the car a week, was just finished dealing with the insurance company and now he has to deal with this. At least this one isn't his fault at all, but he's still really upset. I am too and I wasn't even there. What a pain.

Damaris, hope you have the trigger figured out and can avoid it in the future. Migraines suck.

Camille, sounds like you're having a good time with DD. And a very busy time - no time to run anyway!

Marjorie, you've inspired me - I'm making cookies this afternoon. But not that many, because I can and will eat them!

Carol, nice 8. Glad the pain was temporary and you're feeling better today.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Sunday.  Slept in a little bit then went out for 7.5 miles.   I gave DH a pass this morning on running since he got home last night from the Philippines and is jet-lagged.  Sometimes I still make him run with me but I was kind today.  The wedding/solstice celebration was actually really nice, if a bit new agey.  It was at their home, near where I live, and it was a nice sunny day for it.  Started with champagne and hors d'oeuvres in the front yard, followed by the wedding ceremony in the back.  Then to celebrate the solstice, everyone was given a white carnation and invited to walk the small stone labyrinth they set up in their garden.  While walking, you were supposed to contemplate the past year and the year to come, and then leave the flower in a large vase at the center of the labyrinth.  And that was followed by dinner, music and dancing in their yoga/music studio.  All in all, a very pleasant afternoon/evening.

Karen, I can't believe the bad luck your DH had with his car.   Not his fault but still, what a pain. Is your pup doing better?

Carol, hope the hip pain was a temporary effect of running on slippery roads.  Maybe something got strained.

Damaris, ugh on migraines.  I thought I was getting one this morning (from champagne yesterday) but it went away while I was running.  Hopefully you've identified a trigger and can eliminate it.  How's the sick kitty?

Camille, what a fun (and busy) trip you're having!  My younger sister lives in Atlanta and I'll be visiting her in May.

Marjorie, your baking is making me want Christmas cookies.  Wish I lived closer to you!  BTW, saw a purple octopus dog toy in the pet supplies shop yesterday and it made me think of your pups.

Hi to everyone else!  Enjoy the day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Sick kitty is asleep with a cold.  Hoping for good news tomorrow.

I decided not to run today.  I worked all weekend on a very important order, I'm beat from lack of sleep and worry, so I lost my mojo.  If anyone finds it, send it to Miami, thanks.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dh took so e cookies to one of the stations today since he had to take something in.

I made him 3 big plates to take to work tomorrow.  Since he is now at city hall he will have plenty if people to graze on them. What ever is left when he gets ready to leave he will take down to the Toys for Tots sort (they sort at city hall).

I made some some home made cheese straws. Dh has eaten almost all of them. I may get a few!  He decided to warm a big bowl of marinara. He came in the living room a little while ago with that and a ton of the cheese straws. I think I've created a monster. Especially when I told him they are so easy to make. I get he will be buying a lot if chedder cheese for me to make him batches of them each week.

Karen i would eat them but it makes me feel ill so just isn't worth it.

Marjorie

annieSusan

Mmmm, those cheese straws sound yummy, Marjorie.

Lisa,that Art Deco theater sounds like so much fun.

Camille, glad you are able to get on the bike. Sounds like you have had a fun filled weekend.

Karen, so sorry to hear about your DH's accident with his week-old car.  So frustrating, I bet. At least he was not hurt.

Carol, I do the screw shoes too. I have worn mine a couple of times in the past two weeks. Hope your hip is OK.

Demarias, fingers crossed for good news on your kitty.

Gatsby, sounds like a fun wedding.

LC, I cling to the fact that we are now past the shortest day of the year.

No run for me today, but DH and I walked/slogged to the coffee shop through 6 inches of fresh snow this morning.  No plows had been through yet. It was pretty.  Hoping to make it to the gym tomorrow.

AnnieSusan