Womens Running

Monday Morning Supermoms (Read 28 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

for PT'ing, we got a toilet seat from homedepot that has a flip down smaller seat for toddlers, and is a regular one. It bolts on like a normal toilet seat, it's awesome, we have 2 for the two bathrooms that M uses. We also used little potties when she was first learning, I think it all depends on the kid which one they prefer.

RG - I didn't mean that when he throws it means he's actually done, but I always told her that's what she was making mommy think, so that she knew that her body language was coming across like that, so if she didn't mean to say that she had better not throw anymore food. It was quite effective.

spike - that's great that he's doing so great on the potty!! We don't have any richard scarry books, I remember them from when I was a kid... I should get some.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- we have one of those "Dr Merry's Potty Pal" toilet seats like that that someone gave us but we haven't installed because of the move.

runnergirl- My kitchen floor is so grody right now. I hate to admit it, but I've been putting off cleaning over the past couple weeks because I knew I would be doing a big deep cleaning this week for the move, and why waste the energy??

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

nolamama

CQTM

cx2 - just wanted to wish C a Happy BDAY!! And I hope you are doing OK at your first day back.  A year really flies by, huh?

I hope all you other ladies are doing fantastic! Less then 2 weeks til my last test, then hopefully I'm done!

Talk to y'all soon!!

BermyHorse

NRR2: playgroup “interview” – well ,it was just a get together, but they claim it was for security/ safety to meet the moms first before giving access to details and calendars, but it was vetting the moms. I hardly said a word as people bragged about what their DH’s did and how quickly they lost baby weight (I am still working on mine). Sigh. We will see. Maybe I will go to some of the activities which are more energetic (i.e. not revolving around eating) and meet a runner. It was at a cool coffee house in Franklin though which I loved.

Rg – I would just stop the meal at that point. He will eat if he is hungry. My DS is learning to use utensils and there is food everywhere, I just clean up each time. The plan I am using is hal higdons advanced marathon 1 (link http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51141/Marathon-Advanced-1-Training-Program). I am on week 15.

Eh – I have both those books! I was reading about heart rate in advanced marathoning last night. I don’t really have any favouite recipes yet, I just cook each recipe and then at the end I make notes. Explore! Hope your DH picks the marathon!

Cx2 – how is you day going?

Jen – one of the girls at the playgroup meetup reminded me of you – her husband travelled a lot and she wanted to make some steady friends. I wish you could have been with me today. Yay on my running. You were right and thanks for encouraging me all these days! I think that was the first time I actually felt like the slogging stroller runs were paying off.

Ernie – nice job on sttn! Meal sounds yummy with friends. What’s your next race?

Mer – screw your dad – seriously, dude, it’s about your new grandchild right now, not you pops! I would have had to say something I am that feisty. Did you say anything to him? What about your mom? Super, super, super job on your running! So awesome Mer!

Arm – it’s windy here too. And it was snowing today! Jealous of your help from your mom and MIL. Do they both help around the house and cook etc?

Shelby – glad your DS is getting sleep again (and you are too). Sorry for painful goodbye. Maybe DH will move back to CO? Can he?

Zorbs – would love a race report. And I had this really weird feeling at the playgroup thing and imagined you were there making snarky but ridiculously funny comments about the people. One lady “unschooled” her children. I thought I was pretty crunchy as a mama but I was nothing on the scale of crunchiness here. I thought you would have something very witty to say to that.

Mrszm – so cute on Justin timberlake. That comment is totally blog worth. I was killing myself laughing. Mrszm you are clearly feeling better as you are back on form. I had to go behind a tree yesterday and it was not good. And I forgot my TP so I was using random large leaves. I think housewife negates the fact I am a mom and that’s why it irks me. If I didn’t have DS, I would be working.

Spike – you sound like you are making fab progress on clearing out. DH has helped you move stuff into storage eh? When is your moving date? Let us know how you get on with the company and what they offer you. By pusher I meant in bermy when the little girl who pushed my son at a playgroup and his head hit the tile.

CA – yay to being the skinny hardcore chick in the gym. I am going to integrate my DS very slowly into the childcare at the Y and then go and lift again. I love lifting heavy. I haven’t done it for so long. And I am craving it now for some crazy reason. Yes, I think I will repeat the last week and shoot for a longer LR. I am absolutely uninjured and feeling strong. Although I don’t know why when I go for a spontaneous 20m LR and sling on an old pair of sneakers from the back of the cupboard and a target t-shirt. I should put more effort into being serious!

Nola – HI!!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

CA - Ha ha, yup, I would think that being the hardcore preggo chick is fun, but being the hardcore skinny chick is much more satisfying! I am also curious to hear what O's stats are - with the way she's been eating, she's probably growing like crazy!

Rocky - Thanks for the PT info! S is only 13 mos old, so I am in no rush to start PT and expect her to be in diapers for a long time still, but she's got a fascination with the toilet, so I figure if I can slap a ring on it and introduce her to it, why not?

Bermy - Sorry the playgroup turned out so lame and braggy. I'm sure there is a better group around for you. My next race is a 5k on April 6th, Now that I think about it, that's coming up pretty soon.

Nola - Hi! Good luck on your last test!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

I still have no washing machine and am washing everything by hand in sink. Sigh. This is a workout.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Ugh no washer and dryer would be a deal breaker for me. We just bought the cheapie ones from Sears on Black Friday and they have been awesome. My brain is so fried, I had no idea what you meant by pusher LOL. Moving will take place Friday/Saturday. Yes, we are doing a good job getting cleared out, DH has done all the stacking in the storage unit up to this point, but I'm taking a load because I don't want to wait for him to do it tomorrow.

Re: Job- spoke to the HR lady and she invited me in to sit in with the department I'd be joining for a couple hours to make sure that I would want to make the move. I thought that was pretty cool. The starting wage is below my bottomline though and would be a losing enterprise at first since I'd have increased fuel costs. They review compensation quarterly though and do performance bonuses so it might work out.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

armmama

Bermy - my best mom friends I have actually just met through activities I like (tennis).  I also joined a moms club where I got started in book club.  Only one girl was a bragger, and ironically she's not in the group anymore Smile. My mom does no cooking or cleaning, other than folding my laundry.  she doesn't even put her dirty dishes in the sink half the time which annoys me.  MIL is a little worker bee and will do anything I ask, although she's so busy sometimes she's under my feet and I just want a little privacy.  Lol, I can't be pleased.

runswithrocky

Bermy - i have a very very difficult if not impossible time imagining there is any truth to your statement that you are still working on your baby weight.  If anything you've got badass stroller running muscles.  I went to a mommy group too when DH and I were tossing around the idea of me being a SAHM - yeah they were all bragging and one-upping about one thing or another.  And oddly they were all talking about going back to work and where they had left their careers (dropping titles, companies, etc).  It was weird.

We met in a restaurant for their weekly breakfast out for them to vet me, and they let all their kids run around and destroy a whole section of a restaurant!  I was so embarrassed.  Seriously 4-5-6 year old kids eating with their hands, throwing food on the floor, it was disgusting and the moms didn't say one word.  The kids were running up to other tables (not of their party) and totally disturbing and interrupting the diners.  My god, if I ever did that I would've been hauled out the restaurant asap (I'm talking about the school age children here).  I never went back.  I think mommy groups are hit or miss and I just got a "miss."  Plus to go back to the pj convo on CL - none of the moms even dressed up to go out!  Their Pj's didn't even match, no one looked or smelled like they had showered, kids weren't clean.  I mean, I'm not trying to act like a fashion princess, a prude, or like I'm better than someone else...but I showered and threw on some jeans and a clean T-shirt at least.  I shudder remembering that experience.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - sounds like a crazy playgroup! I'd join a running club and pick out the moms instead of a playgroup! I hope DS loves the Y daycare! My kids do really well at the gym daycare. I love my gym time, and getting all sweaty and strong. WHAT no washer? How much longer? Maybe you should pick up something inexpensive on CL and then resell it when yours is ready.

spike - could you counter offer the salary?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Maybe. In my mind, my bottomline was $21-22/hr. She made it sound like the $19 would just be for the first 90 days, but I'm definitely one of those "a bird in the hand" people. I want to talk to DH about it more when we have a chance- tonight is his last night shift, so we can chat tomorrow or Wednesday. I also want to find more out about vacation/sick/maternity policies and retirement benefits. I didn't have a lot of time to talk today but I told her I'd call and schedule the job shadow thing for later this week or next week.

BermyHorse

Arm/CA - love the running club idea to meet moms. I think other than having a kid, I have absolutely nothing in common with some women. It's frustrating.

CA/Spike - washing machine is not in stock, we just need the guy who installs to actually answer his phone.

Rocky - laughing about the playgroup. That must have put you right off. And yes, I am about 2lbs to go, but I do think running glutes might have something to do with that!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- if it makes you feel better, I'm 5 lbs above my prebaby weight. DH requested that I keep them on because he doesn't like me at my bony racing weight of 125.