Womens Running

Warm Up Please Wednesday Supermoms (Read 30 times)

strollermama

zorbs - I know it is so good for you and I SHOULD do it.  My DH says the same thing as you.  But I hate to do it and I really hate to go to the gym.  I feel like my time is limited with DS so going to the gym would be even more time away from him.  My NY resolution was to do it at least once a week. So far, not so good.

spike - Yep, right on the boob.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

Shelby- I am the same way with ST. DH and I have talked a little about switching to the other gym that has childcare, but to be honest I probably still wouldn't do it. I need to get up 30 minutes earlier and do some videos or something at the very least.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Marathonjen

Shelby - Yay for STTN!  J started STTN regularly around 13 months I think...so hopefully you are on a consistent path!  Boot to spilling your coffee.  Glad you have a short day and some time to run before picking up DS.  I always have to tell my ILs if they pick up J to not go before 3:30 because they have naptime until 3 and then snack and he hates to be woken up or miss the snack...lol.

CA - Have fun with RP at the gym tonight!  LOL to O and her voice...they sound so funny when they are so little.  Good luck with trying to keep M in her clothes at night.  Your breakfast sounds delicious!!  I want one now.

jm - Yay for a new car...it is very nice!  I hope you love driving it.  Have a great 7 miler today!

spike - I hate the whiney toddler...ugh.  That was J this morning.  Reaching his arms at me wanting me to pick him up going "mama...ehhhhh...mama....ehhh"  At least he is cute looking for I might have gotten really madWink  How cute about the blanket you are making.  That reminds me my mom gave J a frog hooded blanket when he was born and it is still in the box because it is for Toddlers.

zorbs - Oh no...sorry that happened.  Glad B was too worried until the alarm went off.  I am always afraid I will do that so I usually leave my door open.

Well apparently the roads around here are TERRIBLE.  They cancelled the bus that transports kids over to the Tech Center because of it.  Please just send us home.  LOL...that won't happen though.

BermyHorse

NRR2: we went to the zoo today instead of the gardens. DS is 16mo and he knows the entire plan of the zoo – he walks the whole route leading the way, stopping to look at all the animals and open the gates and the doors. Too cute. I am getting a little tired of the same 9 animals which I could probably tell you their latin names as I have read the plackards so often. (Okay, there are more than 9, but I am getting tired of seeing the same ones). Today I noticed that all the padlocks on the doors to the backs of the cages were left just open. That zoo is a legal nightmare.

Rg – so cute on colouring. I will try that too now thanks to your inspiration. I know it’s hard but you really make your household work between all your shifts though.

Zorbs – enjoy your lunch. How is your training going? Enjoying it? 4 boxes Zorbs and that is for 3 of us. I only own 3 draws of clothes (I had a huge downsize after I quit my job). And one of those is all running gear. Your nail polish collection would equal my worldly possession collection.

Eh – I am the same on elliptical. I usually tend to really work hard on them and they jump on me. It’s odd. But useful for those last weeks pg. Thanks for your colouring advice – I will think about that as I buy new furniture. Maybe Crayola make a colouring-free couch. Of course I am taking Bob. He is the third man in my life…

Ernie/Spike – when I need to get my butt out with the stroller in Nashville I am going to ask you for all your tips and advice on what to wear to keep LO healthy and warm. No point me asking now as I will forget it all.

Ernie – you are allowed not to run in those temps you know … running through transitions makes me stay same and I always know where my running stuff is even if I can’t find anything else.

Jen – with the hitting, I generally notice that it will take as long as you saw the behavior to correct it. Keep your response identical. He will get it. The closer you can say “no hitting” to when he hits, the more effective. And you’re right, I don’t sit still, at all. Well, maybe to eat and sew and sleep. Jen – how did you work on your pace/min to get so fast?

Mer – I am so glad you wrote your letter. And absolutely right, it’s just a letter. You can make any decision you want at any time. You are completely in charge. Well done Missy. I am planking every night just for you. I want your mama-rock-hard-abs and your 5k PR!

Arm – you are the workout queen right now – tennis, then running, then training. So impressed! I know what you mean about patience. I had about 10 mins to myself yesterday and I savoured it. And I have 75% less kids than you have. So cute on cake. Take a pic of what you make. Yeah for 10!

Cx2 – enjoy being fitted. Hope LO is ok. My DH can do it on his own, he just chooses mommy over no-mommy for nap time. And fair choice. I am irresistible… (smile). Hope you are feeling better soon. Big hugs x.

Mrszm – funny about naked. Very cute on colouring ice skates. Your house sounds so much fun. DS and I would love to come and play with you guys.

Shelby – your training sounds like it is going really well. How many fms have you run? Times? Have you always trained so hard? I think your paces are too fast for me to aspire to in this cycle but I might add on 30 secs and go from there. I just needed a base line. I think you were it! Thanks babes! I don’t feel pg and DH and I agreed not to test so we don’t go crazy about it. If it happens, it will happen.

CA – hilarious on taping diaper to kid. I was killing myself laughing! Very yummy breakfast. Sound prefect fuel combo for busy mama and active LO! I put down 1.45 as I figured I would duct-tape my body to your body and you would drag me 13m. I think I will just see how 800s go as I have stroller. Without I would aim for 3.30/40, with maybe 4/4.15min. I will let you know. It might be a pace disaster but it still counts for speedwork. I am about a third of a way through Yasso book you recommended. I will tell you my thoughts on it later!

Jm – nice car! Good treat for all those hours you work.

Spike – yeah for you being able to run a tempo solo – fab. Enjoy! I would throw those bread thingy away. The last thing you need in life is a sicky stomach from food. I am very impressed with your menu. Cute on talking with DH. And super cute on blankie for R. Pics please! Also any pics of overalls? I think I need a hand with a project but I need to email you about it as it’s detailed. How do I message you? I am still waiting on my green card so we are keeping this place for a bit and we will then go to TN for a month in Feb and then come back here etc until green card is finalized.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I don't remember about the overalls, unless you remember me talking about having a pair of my grandpa's old ones? I alas threw all of those away I guess. I'm kinda sad about it, but at the time they were taking up so much space. My grandpa was really cute and always wore striped Key overalls. I messaged you my email on FB.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

strollermama

bermy - Aw thanks.  I have run 4 FM's.  My times have been 3:59, 3:48, 3:58 (stomach issues), and 3:37.  I actually don't usually push myself very hard in training but this last time I really wanted a BQ so I worked on my pace.  This time around I am doing pfitz (a really tough plan) to push me to the next level.  Hopefully I don't burn out!  I thought about you yesterday because I am really missing doing my runs with the stroller.  It just has worked out lately for me to do my runs without him lately Sad

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - I think I'll be duct taped to you, not the other way around.  No way I could rock 13m sub 2 with a stroller!  I should look back at my logs to see what my 800's were before my half PR, I think that you have the speed though, and w/ the FM training you'll have endurance, training past 13 really helps keep your speed up for the entire 13 IMO.  I'm wondering if we'll be in the same corral at seawheeze - since I put 1:49 for my estimate.  Depending on training, and this cyst surgery, I may email them to change my estimate if I think I'm fast enough to keep up with you. 

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

Shelby - Yay for the STTN streak! Ah, I have done that coffee stain on the shirt thing too many times to count. You always wonder how on earth you didn't notice when you were still at home and had time to change. I don't have any lights on my stroller, but I only really run with it on a lit bike path so I haven't really felt like I've needed any.

CAR - Grilled almond butter and banana sandwiches for breakfast sounds delicious! I think I know what I am eating tomorrow morning. Yay for RP being back! C25k is a nice, gentle way to get back into it. Yep, I ran outside this morning. It seemed warmer than yesterday, even though it was colder so either it was less windy or I was just used to the temps.

Jmmiller - Congrats on the new car! As the owner of a ghetto car, I am definitely jealous. Hope you get your run in later - posting here definitely makes me more likely to run when I say I'm going to.

Spike - Ugh, I hate the toddler whining. S has already been doing it for months and it drives me crazy. The lion blanket sounds like it's going to be absolutely adorable.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

CA - are there pace groups? or we could both duct tape ourselves to jm?

shelby - thanks for all that info. really helps. Oh and my DS started sttn at 14 and carried on then onwards. It is the magic number.

spike - you mentioned you had a pair of overalls from your grandfather that you were making into some for R?

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I must have gotten rid of all of the overalls. I couldn't find them in my fabric bin. Sad I thought I saved a pair but I didn't. My grandma gave me a whole bunch of them and they sat around for years and I think I finally donated them after R was born. He had a ready made pair that a friend gave him that were 6 mos size and so adorable. These were the overalls Papa wore everyday http://www.keyworkwear.com/index.cgi?cart_id=1358967310.183&product=Bib_Overalls&pid=3  he was a sheep rancher and wheat farmer.

BermyHorse

spike - could you ask the company for some off cuts to make a grandpa memory! very cute - thanks for sharing. I love how "zipper fly" is repeated about 8 times as thought it's the main selling feature for guys who work outdoors.

BermyHorse

RR: Holy 800s... just finished. Did 5x800 with stroller. The flattest place I could was very windy and I had to do two 180degree turns because I ran out of trail which was practically like stopping and then starting again twice during the sprint. Anyway... 3.35, 3.37, 3.39, (then I did them the opposite way) 3.32, 3.36. Imagine using both arms in speedwork and not pushing 50lbs! Hoping for faster times.