Womens Running

Sunny Saturday (over 40) (Read 18 times)

Bikerchick1

Good Morning!

Lisa - Loved the NCT pictures!  Hope today you have not discovered any new bites or rashes Wink

Damarias - Ugh, not sure how you can train in the weather you have!

Karen - Hope your party went well, and everyone went home early!  Nice job on your race yesterday.

Camille - Sounds like you had a busy day.

Marjorie - You have some lucky doggies, you take such good care of them!

Cindy - Hope you have good weather for run today.

Race yesterday went good.  The weather was beautiful...55 degrees at start and probably about 65 at the end.  There were about 3,000 runners all total for 5k/10k/20k.  There were about 450 in the 20k.  In my AG (55-59) there were about 12 I think.  The winner finished with a 7:30ish pace   I think I was 8th....my goal was to use as a LR and keep between 9:45 and 10;00 and I was 9:56. so I was happy with that. The first half was flat, then the hills started. Of the 8 that finished before me, none of them were local.  Looking thru all the results the runners were from everywhere, alot from Detroit area, but some from out of state and Canada.

Have  a great day today!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 10 (4 on the TM, 6 outside) to run in better weather (90s and humid instead of triple digits).  Went well.  Today, I have 10-11 with hubby.

Carol, great job on the race!

Karen, hope everything went well.  Good luck on your vacation and house stalking.

Good luck to those ladies racing today!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy Saturday! Heading out soon for my RC weekly social run, planning on 8 miles. Anyone see nice fireworks last night? No personal fireworks are allowed here (fire danger) and the town was too broke for an official show, as usual. Which is just as well since I fell asleep at 9:30 last night.

Carol, that's a very strong finish at your race yesterday. Well done.

Damaris, I don't know how you train at all in those conditions. San Francisco will be 30-40 degrees cooler so that alone should help with your race time, although the hills will add some challenges.

Camille, hooray for girl power!  I love seeing women win races over the men.

Karen, good Chipotle feast last night?

Hi to everyone else.  Be back later!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for me today. We are at the puppy pool. Did a bunch of cleaning already today.

Pups did okay with fireworks last night. Quincy was a bit scared but not bad.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

8 miles done in gorgeous weather - low 70s with low humidity. House is vacuumed and I'm off to Pilates. Then a few more chores and a little more cleaning. Party is tonight, not last night, sorry if I was confusing. Picking up the food at 5:30, people expected around 6.

Carol, a running friend of mine ran that 20K yesterday I think, and came in 2nd overall. She's here from Australia. She is super fast and started with the elite women in Boston the last two years. Super nice person and when she posted a few pictures on facebook yesterday I realized it was the same race (I think). Nice race for you, that weather sounds perfect.

Okay, gotta hit the road - back later for more personals.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Good morning!

Gatsby, enjoy your run. The town here did fireworks Thursday night- 00:01 on the 4th.  most places here don't bother due to daylight so it's been a long time since I've seen any and they were great. it was a surprise and I watched from RV bed.  Don't most places do them in the evening on the 4th? It been so long, friends and I couldn't remember.

Annie Susan,  I've never heard of the Limber lost books but loved Anne and read them as an adult.  The parade sounds charming.

marjorie,  I'm glad the pups did ok!

cindy, I hope your weather is greatfor a run.

carol, awesome pacing For the race.

Docket, the cooler temps should help in S F a lot.

a gal from the hiking club who hiked up the mountain to watch the race broke her ankle  coming down.  I'm glad I didn't go up with them.

I'm going to run/hike the trail to Exit Glacier and the Harding ice field today-new trail for me. It's cloudy with rain predicted later.

Ran 7.25 this morning roads around the lake basically.  Last night was tough sleeping since MI has widened what is legal for fireworks you would have thought we were under attack at this lake.  All around it people were setting them off.  Pretty for about 2 hours then annoying.  Today there was a boat parade, fun to just sort of see it coming along.  Cool and windy though.  Jeans and long sleeve shirt.  If out of wind would be nice.  Catching up on a bit of work on the deck and not complaining.

Carol-congrats on the finish!  no rash or bites.  Just the few cuts from wild raspberry or rose plants across the trail.

Gatsby-we've seen them every night.  Last night was crazy with them.  And the dozens of those burning lantern things that a house down the lake let go.  Took an hour for them to launch them all... watched them float off over forest.  Assume that they don't come down until the flame goes out completely.

Karen-have fun with your party.  I may not run at all until DWD.

Funny to hear a few of you not have fireworks.

Lisa

camille2

Karen, I hope the party is great And that the low humidity sticks around.

lisa, the place you're staying sounds great though the fireworks might get old by 2 am.  I like the idea of burning patterns-sounds pretty.

i did the the ice field trail and it was great. It was a lot more walking than running since it was rugged part way and my climbing fitness is gone.  I was able to let it rip for short sections on the way down-great fun! Good work out, too.   A black bear was on the trail and that made a good turnaround point for me. There were a lot of other people around so it wasn't scary.

Update on the guy with the head injury from the Mt Marathon fall 2 yrs ago:  he finished the race within the cut-off time and said,  "I'm on top of the world!"  I worked ICU for years-what a miracle!  Craig, the famous rehab hospital he went to, obviously deserves it's rep.

The Anchorage paper has an amazing amt of coverage for the race-way more than its own city marathons.  I may post some links to pics when I'm home. There are some good ones.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for 8 miles in fabulous weather - 60 degrees and low humidity when we set out. That's very rare here for this time of year! My RB was headed to a nearby lake, when her inlaws have a house, and she invited DS3 and I to join them for the day. We had a great time!

Too late for personals; waves to everyone.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 for me today. I will be back in a bit for personals.

Marjorie

On the excruciating traditional Sunday after the 4th return trip to metro Detroit.

Karen-have you started to stalk the weather for Baraboo?  I'm seeing 82 for a high and part sun for Saturday. Low of 65. That could be pretty nice.  Days surrounding are upper 70's.  Would prefer mid 70's for highs but much better than 90 when we ran it before.  the grassy fields are the rough parts, well other than the ski hills and the bluffs that is.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol my pups are well behaved little guys. They have some Basset stubborn behavior but they do well. We reward them for good behavior and they know how much we love them.  Glad the race went well.

Damaris yay for not triple digits. We were very overcast today so that helped me. I prefer not having the sun beat down on me.

Gatsby we haven't gone to see fireworks in ages. They are illegal to shot individually in Charleston but that doesn't stop people. Still saw some of the debris today during my run.

Karen hope oped the party went well.

Camille  everywhereI've   lived   The fireworks were always on the 4th.

Lisa I can't imagine wearing long sleeves right now.

Cindy sounds like  a good run.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Had some last minute cancellations last night (including my friend that was bringing her three teenage boys), so we ended up with only 10 last night. Everyone had seconds, and we sent everyone home with leftovers, and we still have a fridge full of leftovers. Like several days worth of food. It was fun. If you ever get catering from Chipotle, their "food for 20" I think would easily feed 30. We didn't even touch most of the tortillas and chips.

All the extra running around and cleaning the last week on top of marathon training has left me exhausted. I slept in until almost 11 this morning, I was so tired. I didn't get out for my long run until after 1. Luckily the humidity is not coming back until tomorrow, and the run was only 12 miles, so I got it done. I was pretty sure I wouldn't be hitting the paces I was supposed to, but I ended up averaging 8:49 (supposed to be between 8:40 and 9). I don't plan on doing anything else today.

Little bit of a headache, so I'm going to wimp out and not do personals. It seems to be getting worse the longer I'm on the computer, so I'm signing off for awhile.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Late check-in!  Did 16.8 trail miles with some RC friends this morning.  Clothes went straight into the washing machine to get rid of the sweaty dusty trail detritus.  I don't know why I bother buying white running socks any more... the dirt really does't wash out and my running socks have a perpetually dinginess to them.  Oh well, no one knows that except me.  And now you.

Karen, wish I were closer and could help you unload some of the leftovers!

Marjorie, I hate the leftover firework debris on the roads and beaches.  It's bad enough that someone is setting off illegal fireworks.  Can't they at least pick up after themselves?

Cindy, hope the good weather sticks around!

Camille, does the ice field trail actually involve ice?  I'm guessing not at this time of year, unless it's up really high?  Seeing a bear on the trail would make me turn around and go back, quickly.  While looking over my shoulder.  Fireworks are usually the night of July 4th as I recall.

Lisa, do the burning lanterns fly?  With our drought and bad fire danger conditions, the thought of things with flames going aloft freaks me out a little bit.

Hi to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Karen- Hate last minute cancellations. Hope you can freeze some of the food.  Leftovers always good.

marjorie- jeans, long sleeved lightweight tech shirt under a hoodie. I told my friend who had bought the place east of traverse that you learn to dress for the weather not for the calendar date in northern michigan. She was in denial. And freezing.

Camille-I don't care how many people are around when I see a black bear on a trail. I would likely do what the proverbial bear in the wood does. take that back. I do care how many people are there but more importantly if they are positioned between me and said bear.

gatsby-yes lanterns fly. Imagine miniature hot air balloons basically.

Lisa