Womens Running

Travelling Thursday - Supermoms (Read 21 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - woke up and heard howling wind, so TM it is. I'll run for time again; 35 minutes.

TR - learned the Sesame Street song from somewhere (daycare maybe?) so I played it on the piano for him but I think it went over his head.

FR - dinner in NY with rg!

NRR - DH is taking B and the cat to meet MIL in a town halfway between our houses, 90 minute drive total. The cat doesn't travel well.  She freaks out at 5 minute car rides. we got her some homeopathic anti-anxiety stuff but if it wasn't such a PITA (apparently it is safe) I would rather give her Benadryl.

rant - lately I've been late in the mornings with everything, because B keeps coming downstairs and asking for stuff.  Guess what DH is doing this whole time, sleeping! or at least lying in bed pretending not to sleep.  I already told DH that I don't have time for multiple interruptions to my morning routine and he said he'd "try" to help except that I am "so good at it that I'm already up helping B by the time he gets out of bed."  Well..B has been downstairs 5 times so far this morning and I've only heard DH slam the bedroom door closed so he wouldn't be disturbed by the noise. Angry yup, DH is trying REALLY HARD to help me out!

completely and totally random - Ryan Gosling spent his formative teen years in my town.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

rr: hoping for some miles once our new tm gets delivered today!!!

kr/tr: had ballet last night. Parents can't technically watch but I peeked through and was impressed.

br: does not stop talking. Like ever.

pgr: 21w1d. u/s last week and everything looks great. kept the gender a secret though.

nrr: church pictures tonight. Need to start my new grad class. Blah.

fr: something quick. I've been asking the girls what they want for supper so this week was dd1's choices. Next week is dd2's.

----------

zorbs: have so much fun with rg!!!!!!!  hope the cat does ok. In college dh's cat would always throw up on the same hill driving home. So gross.

strollermama

RR:  Hoping to do my LR today since I have the day off - 12 miles.

TR:  Seems like he is feeling just fine today.  No diarrhea overnight so hopefully he can make it a few hours at daycare.

NRR:  So happy to have a day off.  Lots of house cleaning to get done today!

zorbs - That is how I feel about every morning!

mrszm - Woohoo, congrats on 21 weeks!  So exciting.  How have you been feeling?  When is your due date again?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - scheduled for 8k but I'm thinking of spinning again instead, my left ankle/Achilles is tight after yesterdays 12k.  I'm going to make a chiro apt today just to be safe.

TR - didn't see her much yesterday.

BR - was sitting on the floor w/ her when I got home last night and looked over and she was standing up leaning on my leg!  She also gave me lots of open mouth slimy kisses, oh and was chewing on her fingers and then trying to shove them up my nose, um no thanks sweetie!

FR - Spanish meatballs in the slow cooker, from my freezer meals I made on Monday.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Zorbs:  Have fun with RG tonight!    Mornings at our have been super challenging lately.  Not fun at all.

MrsZM:  C gets to chose at least one thing at dinner.  Otherwise we would live on chicken nuggets.

Stoller:  Enjoy your day off!

CA:  Spanish meatballs?  I've never heard of Spanish.....

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

totally hilarious TR - his parting words to me this morning was, "I go see grandma, don't touch my toys, Mommy!" ok ok dear..I won't!

mrszm - wow 21w already! The cat drew blood on DH as he shoved her into the carrier..I haven't gotten any desperate texts yet, so it must be ok.

stroller - I reminded DH that he had promised to help, and he said, "yeah only on days when you're going to work, otherwise sleeping is more important." Evil

CA - what is spanish about the meatballs?

becky  - I know you have a distrust of chiropractors but seriously, for a thrown back, it really is the quickest way to get fixed up.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

And for me

RR:  Something, hopefully.....back is out.

TR:  Grumpy gus.  His coat was making his arms tired, threw a fit his thermos dripped, I didn't give him the right color shirt today.....I give up.

FR:  Probably CFA

NRR:  HR Block said they could take 6 weeks to get back to us, le sigh.  The bill is due Monday.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - are there cats that do travel well??  Boo to DH not getting up and helping, I have to actually go up and tell DH to get his ass out of bed otherwise he'd sleep through WW3.  No idea on the meatballs, they have tomato sauce and cumin/paprika in them.

mzm - yay for a new treadmill!!  I hope your DD's like dinner since they picked it!

stroller - hope you get through that run, and have some time to yourself with no calls from daycare.

becky - my prescription for an out back is 5 advil (YES way over the advised dosage) and a chiro appt.  Hope it feels better.

BermyHorse

RR: easy 6 to shake out my 1200s. Legs are sore. Broken record, will not go on about it.

NRR: had a virtual supermom meet up last night as I skyped Spike and she is as beautiful and as funny as I imagined. My cheeks were so sore from laughing when I went to bed. I took her to my sewing den and talking through my quilting experiment for becky's baby blankie, and she gave me 1 bazillion new cool techniques. Spike, can I skype you again please if it's random and not about sewing? You are so fun to talk to.

TR: eating me out of house and home. Everything. Just now he pointed up at the fridge, opened it, opened the sweet potato draw, handed one to me and gesticulated towards the microwave. All he needed was a Stewie Griffin voice "Steam this damn you woman".

FR: so shopping yesterday with DS was a breeze and then cooking was a breeze so I ended up making jalapeño buffalo burgers and paleo sweet potato pancakes as buns with kale salad. Totally outdid myself. It was divine. DH said it was his new favourite meal and both DH and DS just sat there eating going "mmmmm..mmmm...mmmmmm". It was too funny.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5 miles in the fog. I always run faster in the dark, we ran at under 11 min pace despite the stroller and RP's shin injury.

TR: He's been singing along with movies lately, and its so cute because its really high pitched ala the Mormon Boy's Tabernacle Choir. He DEFINITELY does not get any musical talent from me. Was a bear yesterday, 5 timeouts and then peed his pants as I was walking up to the daycare. Daycare lady was not amused (he didn't know I was there yet, so it wasn't an excited pee either).

FR: Smoked chicken and noodles last night. Something with chicken tonight.

NRR: I Skyped with Bermy last night to talk nerdy (quilting), and she is so funny. I kinda forgot she was british because I always think about her being from Bermuda, she has an adorable accent.  DH is on nights right now, and we lucked out because our kids go to bed at the same time (R goes to bed at 8 pm PST and D goes to bed at 10 CST) so it worked out great.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- HOw long of a drive will it be for you?

mzm- yay for a new TM! You didn't find out the gender with the other kids, correct?

CA- Babies give the sloppiest kisses!

Strollermama- Glad H is feeling better. R had a diarrhea bug that lasted about 3 days a couple weeks ago, he was acting fine otherwise.

Becky- I must have missed whatever it is about your taxes?  I have a generally loathing for H&R Block.  Hope you get your back fixed up- Wintergreen essential oil is really soothing in those instances.

Bermy- I would love to Skype again, no premise needed Smile  LOL at the Stewie reference- I used to call my niece Baby Stewie because she had a giant head.  Great job on your workout. R has hardly been eating or only wants fruit lately, kind of freaks me out because he's normally a bottomless pit.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Bermy:  Awe, you are too cute.  Skyping freaks me out, I don't know why.  LOL on D.  I wish C would eat more but that kiddo is just so damn picky.  I wonder he gets if from  - DH maybe Wink

Spike:  I love Bermy's accent!  Taxes - 2010 there was a screw up when we filed online.  Some how when the #s were imported wrong.  Turns out our deductions should have been lower than what they were.  I don't know how it happens since it asks you like 3 questions when you agree to file your state taxes with them too.  Anywho, the state wants $300 and DH wants HRBlock to pay for it.

Back - it appears walking/standing/running doesn't hurt.  Sitting sucks.  I don't have a chiro and wouldn't even know where to find one in the few hours before we leave for Richmond.  Heat and Advil will be my friend for a few days.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - so cool that you and spike got to skype!  Wow on your FR, I want some! YUM.

spike - we ran faster last night in the dark also, it helps that I can't see my garmin so really have no clue how fast I'm moving.

becky - good to hear that your backs ok standing, sometimes a run actually helps a sore back for me.

RR update - chiro grastoned the heck out of my calves, holy mother that hurts.  My pelvis was out, and I feel more 'straight' even walking now, so it's a good thing I went in.  He said not to run today, and that I could run on the weekend but not super long.

BermyHorse

Zorbs/Rg – have a lovely time! I’d love a pic of what you both choose for dinner. I’d like to put bets on this one.

Mrszm – yay! Can’t wait to make you a baby blankie! How is your pg going? Are you rocking it?

Stroller – enjoy that LR!

CA – you know, next time you fancy a vacation or are going to FL, you can always pop in to bermyhotel for some fancy grub. I was pretty impressed for a Wednesday night throw at the stove cook fest. Yay for chiro and getting yourself all straightened up. Do you have skype? I would love to talk to you too!

Becky – CANNOT BELIEVE you put your back out. That’s so awful – how are you doing this afternoon? How cold does it get in TN in winter?

Spike – I got those pins – they are like safety pins with a bend in them. And I looked at the pre-made bias but I think I will have a go at making my own as theirs was really thin. What width do you think will look good? It’s going to be the same material as the edging strip – unless you suggest a contrast like a dark navy or something.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- In general, when you make binding, its just wide enough to sew over the raw edge, so your fabric strip should be like 2-2.5" wide before folding and pressing.

Here are some helpful links:

http://pir8.freeservers.com/quilting/CBT/

http://whip-stitch.com/continuous-bias-tape-tutorial/

http://www.cailamade.com/2012/02/tutorial-and-tips-sewing-with-bias-tape.html  (method #2 is my preferred method and gives a beautiful finish)

MTA- Link#1 says 2.75" to end up with 1/2" wide bias tape.