Womens Running

Haircut Thursday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Haircut day.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Work half day, errands and haircut & color.

Wednesday was a good 35 minute run, then cardio at home for 10 minutes. I'm testing to see how much cardio helps the stiffness from speed running. Answer is, only 10 minutes needed.

Today I plan a track run. I'd like to develop more structure to my other-than-running exercise. With colder weather coming, I wish we would get cross training just for the extra effort to get all the sweaters, coats and boots on.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Judy, excellent that the cardio after is helping get rid of the stiffness.

Gatsby, great pics yesterday! It was funny - I kept seeing you in pics from other people on fb that I didn't realize were on RA.

Feeling less yucky than earlier in the week, but still not 100%. I have a conference call from 4-5 this afternoon, so will get home an hour later than normal (I get in early so I usually leave around 4). I'm hoping to run a few easy, but that hour difference means I'll probably have to dig out the reflective vest from last winter. I do not like these shorter days.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby love the pics. Yes, you should get royalties!

raining this am. And, well I am trying to give myself permission to not need to run all the time.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Sorry I've been MIA - work's been crazy. No run today, but I've got my last long run before the marathon tomorrow - 20 miles. I'm very anxious about it since my long runs have been such a struggle.

Lisa and Ginny - great RRs.

Karen - I hope you continue to feel better. Sorry about having to run in the dark. The dark mornings are killing me!

Marjorie - you definitely have permission!

Marjorie, Tessa and Karen - I'm seriously considering the Charleston half. It would be great to see everyone! One of my friends (Tessa - it's somerunner from runango) ran the full last year and liked it.

Off to try to finish a huge proofreading job I've been working on for days.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Yay! Cindy, come on down! Somerunner said she'd seen you at the gym and she PMd me on runango to tell me a bit about Charleston.

Gatsby, nice picture!

Karen, great progress on the new house, I wish Kevin the Neverending Contractor would move as quickly on our work. Feel better!

Judy, enjoy the haircut and colour.

Marjorie, go ahead and give yourself permission to take a break. You sound as if you might need one. You do plenty! And it's raining.

Lisa, hope Toledo works out. Ginny, enjoy!

4.5 this morning, I did manage to beat the arse anchor and the purring cats who wanted me to stay in bed. (Sure they did. They didn't want the source of heat to leave!) I won't get to run at lunch because we are working a college fair at a local high school we support. The counselor emailed yesterday to say a) she did not get any materials from the schools I'm representing so could I please print and photocopy what we want to give out, and b) last year there were about 600 kids and this year there will be 1400. I have 23 pounds of candy to give out but that's not going to be enough for 1400 students. Oh well. When it's gone, it's gone.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Sorry for being MIA yesterday but I was working the morning only, then coming here to have the technician work on the cable, then my asthma was bad so I napped and napped and took an SRD.  This morning, I've been in court.  I feel much better so Pilates and run/weights if I can.

Gatsby, great RR and pictures!  I love that last one.

Judy, getting all that stuff on can take forever no?  Lots of caloric burn there.

Karen, hope you feel better soon!

Marjorie, hope you get to run.

Cindy, good luck with the 20.

Tessa, but purring cats always win!  Nice job on the run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey!  Spin class this morning.  DD was in class again.  She rode next to me.  Wink

Gatsby -- great pics!  Love the action shot

Judy--I need a haircut but I'm just not in the mood yet, so it is not bothering me too much yet.

Going to the fair tonight w BF.  He really wants to ride the ferris wheel, so we will do that.  Several local churches have food booths and serve gumbo, so that is the dinner plan.  YUM!!

Beautiful sunny and cool day here--I almost need a jacket!

Anonymous Guest

Marjorie, Tessa and Karen - I'm seriously considering the Charleston half. It would be great to see everyone! One of my friends (Tessa - it's somerunner from runango) ran the full last year and liked it.

Do it do it do it do it do it!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel