Womens Running

Mittens again Monday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

runnergirl9508

Brrrr, winter just will not go away!

RR: bootcamp followed by 5-6 miles. I was hoping to be done with running tights by now, but since it's only 15* out, I guess not!

TR: was a really good boy all weekend. Counts to 20 now before bedtime each night, it's cute.

NRR: we demo'd the guest BR over the weekend- it's stripped down to the studs. Next step is new wiring, then insulation, sheetrock. We're hoping to get all of that done next weekend.

Have a great day!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5 miles recovery run/walk.  That sprint to beat G at the end of yesterday's run really tired my legs out! He put his song on and said, "see ya!" and got a few metres in front of me.  I was not going to let him beat me because I'd never hear the end of it so I dug down let loose.  ST later.

KR - had a massive tantrum yesterday because he usually has a fan going in his room for white noise, DH had to take the fan to the basement, some water got in and he had to dry it out.  B cried "I WANT MY FAAAAAAAAAAAAN BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!" for about an hour straight.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 19k. And, guess what? It's still freezing out! -22C with the windchill. Yipee!

TR - Whenever I put her to bed, she wants me to come to bed with her, so she says hopefully "Mommy tired?" and tries to cover me up with her blanket.

FR - Lazy cabbage rolls

NRR - Trying to figure out what to do with S today. I have a Dr appt at 2 pm, which is normally nap time, but I'm going to have to drag her along to my appointment so there will obviously be no nap today. I might have to take her swimming afterwards to keep her awake, but swimming is so unappealing when it's so cold out (even though the pool is obviously indoors, and a warm kiddie pool).

~~~~

rg - The most frustrating thing about this ongoing running tights weather, is that I keep checking the forecast, and they keep moving the day it's supposedly going to warm up. Current prediction here is freezing cold through Wednesday. You guys know how to get things done in the renovation department! It would probably take us eight months to get that room finished, ha ha.

zorbs - Beating DH in the sprint is totally worth the tired legs! Boo on the fan tantrum. S had a tantrum and refused to nap yesterday because her ratty brown blanket was in the wash, because she had just peed on it.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  My LR on Saturday went well despite starting off horribly slow.  Did 5 recovery yesterday and it felt really damn good.

BR:  Has the most inconsistent sleep patterns, it is just annoying.  Gave him peas for the first time this weekend and he seemed to like them.  Also on the menu for the week is pears and acorn squash.

TR:  Had his ups and downs over the weekend.  Was HORRIBLE after we left church yesterday up until we put him down for an early nap.  DH left for a little while last night and J asked for a diaper so he could poop.  The kid spent (no joke) over an hour and a half either squatting or doubled over on the floor working on the poop.  He was red and sweating by the end.  Suggestions?  He doesn't like prune juice...

NRR: Well, we bought beds over the weekend.  J is getting  a full sized bed for his birthday and DH decided we needed a new bed as well.  They will be delivered next week sometime.  I said to someone once "There is money for things when DH has a vested interest in it".  Like the air conditioning and now this bed.  However, when it is something I want there isn't money.  Gotta love it.

FR:  Slow cooker pork this weekend was delicious.  DH also made an apple pie which was really yummy!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - SRD, good thing too!

KR - on spring break from preschool, it was so sweet yesterday she cried because she's going to miss going to school.  MIL is taking her today.

TR - I think she's working on her canines, she was fussy on and off this weekend and has a horrible diaper rash.

FR - no idea, leftovers?

NRR - I'm sick but not sick enough to be at home, my mom was sick when she had us over on Friday and I'm sure I caught it - at the time I was thinking 'WHY are you having a dinner party if you are sick??', I have a low grade fever, and general tummy unhappiness, not throwing up or even having to run to the bathroom ever 2 minutes but just general gurgleness (if that's a word..)  For now I'm at work, if it gets worse I'll go home.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Exciting on the new bedroom!  You guys are moving quickly, I think it took us about 3 weeks to do our closet.

zorbs - my DH has a faster kick than I do, so anytime he sprints he can beat me, but in a longer race I can beat him.  Nice job beating yours!

ernie - I agree, swimming is not appealing at all in cold weather.  Hope you can figure something out to keep her entertained!

mer - Nice running this weekend.  Aww Poor J and the pooping.  Kiwi helps if he'll eat it.

Update:  DH is throwing up now, as is my Dad... the dinner party that just keeps on giving!

Kantkatchme

hello everyone!

I am so over winter!

Rr- supposed to do 10,  hopefully it warms up a bit so A isn't too cold in the strollEr.  It's -21c w the wind right now.

Br- walks everywhere now.  Life is very busy! Also has molars comibg in.

nrr-  I ended up deciding to take the job offer to work Friday mornings.  Mostly so I get out of the house and talk to adults and A can socialize at the day home.  I'm enjoying my child free morning.  I was thinking about dropping her off another day a week so I can run errand and Lr without the stroller.  Not sure if I will, it seems silly and expensive to pay for Childcare just so I can run.

Kantkatchme

Rg- your house is going to look great when this little girl arrives! Im so impressed with all the reno's you are doing!

Zorbs-  good job beating DH! Ugh on the fan tantrum!

Ernie- i hope it warms up for your run! It's supposed to be - here 3 I think, but it's taking it's time.   is it possible to nap early?  I know when A swims on sat mornings she's out like a light on the way home.  Although if she skips her nap does that mean S will go down earlier at night?

Mer- sorry about the inconsistent sleep and grumpy toddler.  It's frustrating when dh's think that way.  I never found the baby bullet, it doesn't sound like you need it though. Smile

ca-  I hope you don't too get sick!  Cute about M missing school. I hope Os teeth come through so she feels better.

runninmer

rg - That is some progress on the bedroom!  J has been counting more lately and we are having him count actual things to understand the whole concept.  (does that make sense).  I feel like in the past he would "count" but didn't realize what his words meant, just that they go in a certain order....I am putting way too much thought into that! Smile

zorbs - Fun that you and G were able to run together over the weekend.

ernie - Would S go down early?  We did that with J yesterday.  He had a birthday party from 1:30-3:30 which is nap time for us, so we put him down from 12-1 so he would have something for the day.  Hope the appointment goes well.

CAR - Bummer that you aren't feeling well.  It sucks to be at work when you aren't 100%.  We have had a lot of students and staff out with a stomach bug.  I didn't know that about kiwi!  We will have to give it a try.  I felt really bad for him last night. Sad

kant - That was very kind of you to offer the baby bullet.  We ended up getting one and I have already trashed it.  I got banana in an area it wasn't supposed to be so now it doesn't stop spinning when you lift the main area.  It works though, and I am thrilled with how easy it is and how much money we are saving.  I think the bullet will more than pay for itself!  I say go for it with the extra day of daycare to run errands and run.  You need your sanity time too.  During the summer I usually do a "mommys day off" and send the boys to MILs so I can get some stuff done.  I usually end up working, but I also try to get some me time it.  That is as important as anything.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

RR - Got my long run in, Sunday before work instead of Friday, oh well =) finished with 63 mi for the week. One more week then taper!!!! YAY!!!

BR- Group run Sat. Friends have toddler, he was there, K was soo excited, kept yelling Ahhhhhhhhhh! at him with a big grin and try to get his attention. DH explained he has never made this much noise before.  Usually DH takes over night duty on weekends but we tag teamed this weekend, teething and would cry in pain, spent about an hour fri and sat night around 2am snuggling.

NRR-  New Balance night was fun, got free pair oof running shoes, but job opening already filled.

CAR- we have no family in MA, All my family is in CA, DH's dad is in Maine, but he's not real close with him.  We have no family in Bend or Oregon either, but Oregon is closer to CA at least, and my brother goes to Bend often to visit his friend.  I don't think DH will go for the job, but in the fall we may visit OR when we go to CA to see my family

BBL!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

Erniegirl

mer - Glad your LR went well! S has been eating blueberries and blackberries like they're going out of style this past week, and has been pooping four times a day, so that might be something to try for J.

CA - So cute that M loves school so much! Ugh, sorry you're feeling sick. It's almost better if you get sick enough to miss work so that you can get some rest and feel better sooner.

kant - I am sorry to inform you that winter in Ontario is never going to end. I have concluded that we have entered an ice age  Working one day a week sounds like a great plan! Can you pay the day home to just take A a couple hours another day so you can run or would you have to pay for a whole day? There have been occasions where I've had to hire a babysitter so I could run.

e-rain - Great mileage last week! So cute about K being all excited to see the other toddler!

mer/kant - S is rarely ready for a nap before 1:30 and today she slept in until 8:45 am so there's probably no chance she'll take an early nap. But there is a good chance she'll go to bed early as a result of missing her nap!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Need to do something, not sure what. I skipped yesterday, I did a pretty hardcore lower body workout Saturday and my ass/thighs are burning.

TR: Had fun with him this weekend. Took him hiking up to some caves that are a historical Native American site on Saturday. DH and I drove out to the boonies and did some target practice with the pistol and R was yelling "Do it again!" "YEAH!! SHOOT GUNS!"

FR: Last night was Terry's pot roast- yum. DH said he wanted pizza instead but I didn't oblige him.

NRR: Was kinda lazy this weekend. I keep putting off hemming my pants that I'm going to wear to my stepsister's wedding on Saturday. So much drama with that wedding, so glad its almost over. I hope any remaining siblings just elope, I hate weddings.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- the room you're remodeling will be the baby's room?

zorbs- LOL on the fan. R has his own air purifier in his room for white noise

Ernie- good luck dragging S to your appointment. I hate it when stuff is scheduled at naptime. My sister's wedding is at 2 pm, ugggg.

Mer- DH is all about spending money on the house, but there is never money for vacations Sad   The new bed will be worth it though, I have to admit that prior to building our house I had only ever slept on handmedown mattresses, its so nice to have a brand new bed.

CA- I think that DH and I both had a mild version of whatever R had last week- we both felt really blah, achy, and run down but not really ill. I'm a Typhoid Mary that always goes to work unless I'm half dead.

Kant- running an LR without the stroller is worth the expense, especially if you are going to race. Stroller running made me really slow and I rarely do it now. Congrats on the new job!

E_Rain- Boo on no job, but that's pretty sweet about the shoes. I'm using a pair of NB right now, but I don't like them as well as Asics. Asics however, keeps pissing me off by discontinuing every shoe that works for me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

kant - amen to being over winter!  That's great that you took the job, I'd go for the extra childfree day, doesn't seem silly at all to me, a sane mommy makes a happy household!

e_rain - Nice job on the long run!  Being closer to family sounds like a big plus for OR!

ernie - honestly I'd rather be at work then home with a vomitting DH... as long as I don't start vomitting.

spike - I never miss work either, especially now at this new job I get 5 days a year, I need to make sure I save them for when my kids are sick and I can't send them to daycare.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

B just had a tantrum because I wouldn't let him go back outside to see my lawn flamingo (after I had just gotten all the clothes off him).

rg - I got out of all the room renos while pg "breathing in the dust and the paint fumes can't be good for me!"

ernie - when G took off, I was thinking about how he took off and ditched us that day in georgina.  Damned if I was going to let it happen again.  If B skips his nap and I can't nap either, I have to have a very good reason to stay awake (or tons of coffee).

mer - more fibre/liquids?

CA - well DH has no experience with sprint finishes, there was no way he was going to beat me, when I'm determined and have the track and the endurance experience. Wink  What do you think you guys ate at the dinner party?

kant - I have only paid for childcare to run in extenuating circumstances (DH away on business trip, can't miss 20 miler on the schedule), but if you can swing it financially, why not?

e_rain - wow 63 miles is amazing!

spike - I saw a chick at the gym today, who looked fairly fit, nice outfit from the knees up (she was wearing leg warmers and these slip on shoes) and I watched her my entire ST workout (40 min) and she did nothing but wander around aimlessly.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/