Womens Running

THE 6TH ALREADY, DIVASI (Read 18 times)

gsdrunner

WOW, I can't believe it... this month is starting to fly bye!

gsdrunner

RR: Really hoping for some speed work during M's nap today. Maybe 8 isn.

NRR: We have been up since 5am this morning. So, its dutch pancakes and eggs for breakfast. The pancakes are very good, but you cook them in a cast iron pan in the oven. I mostly give it M. She eats like a horse in the AM and at dinner time. Yet, she still weighs 23 lbs.  Not much, we didn't get to go to the aquarium bc M napped. Today is the library, but I am thinking we will miss it, bc she woke up early making nap time earlier in the day.... we shall see. If we dont make it, then we are definitely getting out...I'm getting a little cabin fever.

Have a great day!

gsdrunner

Oh darn! Totally, just realized DH is working late... very late tonight... 2 or 3am late... There goes dinner plans!

SassySparky

Morning GSD! G has been eating like a horse lately, too. I need this month to slow down, I have tooo many deadlines! I hope you guys get out of the house today.

RR: Just did burpees (50!) and abs and then I did this leg circuit once : http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/24907237515

I can't wait til this half marathon is over (next Sunday, the 17th!) so i can focus on strength for a little bit.

NRR: I'm so busy, I really can't stand it. I feel like writing this grant is an exercise in futility, anyway, considering the NIH budget was cut due to sequestration. Oh well. I am delegating, though, and super proud of myself for it. My mom and stepmom asked if they could help with the party and I gave them both a small task, and Big D is in charge of another small but time-consuming task.

Gotta run!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Here are personals from yesterday ...

GSD - make sure you are taking care of yourself, you are running quite a bit lately! Eat some of that dutch pancake yourself Smile

MA - I'm glad you are letting yourself take it a litle bit easier!

Taylor - aw too bad about DBF leaving for a month. How is your ankle?

Lizo - check out that link I posted, those were some good booty exercises! The burpees aren't making me sore, just general fatigue in the legs and shoulders. I don't do pushups and I don't jump at the end, now that we're doing so many.

OWR - I think of you every time I do burpees, so I don't think it's weird at all!

RLTW - enjoy this fun time of building up mileage and just enjoying the run for an opportunity to move and celebrate your functioning body!

Meli - you are not out of shape, and it's always good for your body to take a few weeks of rest every so often!

NorCal (NC) - so sorry you are sick! Make sure you rest as much as possible otherwise you'll be sick for even longer!

Athena - I hope your figure skating class is fun, is it ice skating?

Lucy - you are getting lots of wedding stuff done, great job!

Dr. T - even though we were thrilled to have a baby, we did mourn the end of certain things, like our last Christmas as just the two of us, and impromptu weekend trips, etc. But it's worth it Smile

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR: 3 miles last night. I surprised myself and ran way more than I walked. My pelvis doesn't ache anymore than it did before I ran so I'll take that as a sign I don't need to stop. Today will most likely be a rest day, unless we get a walk in around lunchtime. It's supposed to rain tonight and I'll go for a run in the rain, but definitely not a walk.

NRR: Last night I was pretty productive. I finished folding and putting away all of the laundry, including the last of the infant clothes. I love doing baby laundry. I just can't get over how small he's going to be! Smile I also paid a bunch of bills. Tonight I'm hoping to get some more paperwork done, and hopefully the taxes too. I'm in the office today, but will work at home tomorrow and Friday so I think I can handle it!

GSD - I also feel like time is flying! Thank goodness or I may go crazy Wink I'm sorry M had you up so early, I hope she gives you a good long break during naptime today!

Sassy - I hope things slow down for you soon. Does sound like you have a full plate with party planning, work and HM training! I'm excited for your race, it's coming up quickly!

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning! Happy Hump Day, ladies!

RR: planning on a 1 mile run to the mountain, walking 1 mile up, 1 mile down and then running 1 mile home.

NRR: Nothing much to report. Just crazy busy with my students preparing for state assessments in 2 weeks!

No time for personals, but I hope all of you have a great day!

SassySparky

MA - when I see newborn and 0-3 month clothes, I can't get over how small G used to be. It's remarkable. Folding and organizing baby clothes was one of my favorite pre-baby chores.

melrunner

Morning girls.

GSD hope you can leave the house today! Do you use your iron cast a lot? We registered for one!!!

Sassy, G is quite the eater. Loved his pics! Which half are you doing? Thanks for the advice. I just feel like a sloth when I dint exercise and my negative body image creeps up. And I feel "fat" and lazy and get anxious, and really stressed...

MA, enjoy your walk today.

PO, hugs.

melrunner

DR. T welcome back!!

NC feel better.

TriR ST with trainer and spinning or running tonight. Trying to get back in track.

NtriR spoke to my supervisor last night while volunteering and requested to change units. I told hER that I'm recovered from an ED and seeing girls in my assigned unit for refeeding issues related to their ED was too emotional for me. I didn't want to do this, but it was opening up past wounds and seeing the girls in their physical and emotional state was too much for me even though Im recovered. She was glad that I was hi est and they'll find a different unit for me to volunteer at.. I feel bad, but I also feel a relief of relief.

In other news, our doggy Baxter seems to be doing a little better. Knock on wood,

Have a great day girls!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: 6 min on bike, 20 min strength, 8 min run.might try for another 2 miles tonight. did a good 3.8 miles last night.

NRR: work, work, work. have some catch up work - modeling on a couple of projects. And then need to review some owner comments for another project. so nothing serious I'm hoping. You never know though in this business...feeling a little frustrated with the company right now... learned somethings in the last day, that I really want to share here but ... sigh. privacy and risk and all that.I'm also PMSy and crabby and paranoid, so that doesn't help either.

got some more wedding stuff done yesterday. called hotel for room reservations and left a message, and sent emails out to invitees to ask if anyone needed a hotel room reserved.  I'm getting together with misti today to go over some more wedding stuff. I need to show her what has been done so far....

gsd: sounds like some relaxing plans with M today... hope you make it to the libary! those pancakes sound awesome!

sassy: way to go with those burpees! way to delegate! I totally understand the value of that and also how difficult it is when you know you could probably get it done faster and your way! Smile thanks for pointing out the blog!! that is awesome!! will totally be doing these. I like how easy it is to just watch and do them. Tonight!

MA: way to keep being productive! Now remember not to overwork!!

rltw: good luck to your students! and good luck to you as you deal with the craziness!

ok, I'm off!

taylorma1

Hey ladies. Quick one from me today

RR: did a great speed session on the indoor track today due to the snow. I almost never run inside, so I was quite impressed with myself. Today is an easy run outdoors this afternoon

NRR: just chugging along getting work done. I am actually being highly productive with DBF gone lol. Looking forward to the weekend already though. I am heading back to the burbs to see my mom whom I haven't seen in awhile

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

Running super behind today because I slept in, but it was nice.

RR: SRD. Did my 97 burpees yesterday, and doing 50 today. I really hope to stay on track - making up so many gets annoying.  Also met with the PT last night and talked about lifting heavy. Woot!

NRR: Not much is going on at work. I made huge progress on the presentation yesterday..just a few tweeks and I think it's finished.  I think I'm running by the library after work to get a book to read.

Gotta run!!

LucyBelle

Good morning!

RR: Well I totally FAILED at working out this morning because I slept like crap  last night, so I'll have to ST after work. I'm thinking 20 minutes upper body and 10 minutes core. Maaaybe 10 minutes lower body too if I'm feeling adventurous.

NRR: Save the dates went in the mail yesterday, YAY! One more thing to cross off the list. Of course, I woke up at 4 a.m. and couldn't stop thinking about hotel blocks and my brain was working a mile a minute worrying that I wouldn't block off enough rooms, people wouldn't reserve in time, etc. I got up and went to the couch at 5 a.m. and looked at wedding stuff until 6 a.m. when I went back to sleep for about 30 minutes. Lame. Tired today and it is deadline day. I think it's a 3 cups of coffee kind of day.

monk717

Good morning!

ER: My goal for today is to have an ER! I'm heading to the gym after the next feeding for a walk on the TM. I've only lost 11 pounds. I didn't gain quite as much weight this time, but also didn't lose as much water weight, which I expected because I didn't swell as much. So my weight now at two weeks post partum is what it stayed at for over a year with A before I finally lost it... so I need to get to work now. BFing is making me really hungry the last few days, so my weight is actually up a couple tenths, uggh.

NER: I finally got the form to add P to our health insurance, but I don't have a working printer right now. So I think I may have to go make an appearance at my office to print it out and then turn it in. We got nearly 9 inches of snow here yesterday. Apparently there are no warm temperatures forecast here in the immediate future. Why are we having so much more winter in March so far than we got in January?? Not much going on here other than feeding P around the clock. I need to go to the store later and buy some new sheets. I also have a bunch of doctors appointments the next few days and we're getting ready for DH's family to come up this weekend. Plenty of activity coming up, but a few empty days in between.