Womens Running

Waning Wednesday (over 40) (Read 14 times)

runlikeagirl18

Because summer is waning. This is the last week before the boys go back to school.

Post!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

runlikeagirl18

I got out early this morning for 6 very humid miles. The buses were out doing their practice runs. Last night was middle school open house for DS1 - I think I'm more overwhelmed than he is! It just seems so big to me - more than 1200 kids in three grades. I'm having to go on faith that they won't let the 6th graders get lost those first few weeks.

Have a great day everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

went out and walked again this morning, 4 miles, trying to walk fast.  I was tempted to try running, but chickened out.  I see the Dr. tomorrow.

Oldest   GD is off to college today.  Emotional time for DD and me!

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Cindy, that school is big.  It sounds like your kid is pretty bright though and I'm sure he'll adapt.

Ginny, you're doing great walking so soon after surgery. Good for you.

Marjorie, trust me...your miles are impressive.

Carol, back to your new job...just to clarify my hours from note last week.  I worked many years (unbelievable how many).  I had started working part time when they wanted to start the last program I worked in. I did go full time again for 2, maybe 3 years, until hubby got sick and I started job sharing. I job shared a while, then worked  part time doing relief for surgeries, vacations, etc. until  I finally quit. As I said, I don't regret working full time to start it, though there were many  individual days it was frustrating and I thought I'd been crazy.  I hope you love it!

When I went to my PiYo's class time yesterday, I found out it was increased to an hour.  It had previously been scheduled for 30, though she went over to 45".  I survived. : )  Did 4 mi later.

I debating what to do today. Some runners I met at a 5k (that killed me)  invited me to join them. They've been meeting on Sat and I haven't been able to go.  They are meeting tonight at 6.  I never run that late and while it would be nice to have a big group with varying paces, I'm afraid if I wait that long, I won't go.

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday's rest day was a good idea. I'm feeling much better, and so is my foot. I don't think I'm made to be a streak runner, and 3+ weeks without a rest day is just too much for me. I was just dragging, but today I'm ready to run again. I decided not to try to make up the workout I missed, but just get back on the schedule, which means I'll probably just run an hour (six and a half miles ish) on the TM a little later. That means I'll probably only be at 55-60 miles for the week instead of 70 on the training plan, but I'm okay with that.

So we bought a house. We went back to both lots, and one of them backed up to a road outside the subdivision. While we were standing there, a couple of big semi trucks came through and they were loud. There seemed to be a good bit of industrial in the area, so that wasn't going to go away once the neighborhood construction was done. So we went back to the other one and it just seemed obvious that it was the one we should go with. Our address is Tomball, which is a pretty rednecky town, but it has a cute downtown. We'll probably fit in pretty well. We're about 3 miles east of the town, in the midst of a whole lot of development. This place is booming, construction everywhere. And it's not even the Exxon people yet. Tons of business moving in, which leads to tons of new housing, which leads to new stores and restaurants, etc.

We're off to talk to some pool companies about options for our backyard. We got one of the smaller houses on one of the larger lots so we should have plenty of room for the pool/hot tub/outdoor kitchen.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 and weights tonight.  I wonder what happened to the other threads, they quit?

Cindy, nice job on the run.  School started here last Monday and traffic has been a bitch.

Ginny, good luck with the doctor's appointment.  Take it easy!

Camille, glad you survived PiYo once again.

Karen, congrats on the house.  Hope you are ready for real heat.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Decided to ride before work since today's heat index is supposed to be above 100F this afternoon.  Glad I got that done.

BF's BIL Devin is still being evaluated for his stroke.  He is only 43!  They do not know if he will regain his vision in the right eye completely, and think he will be unable to continue in his present job (heavy equip operator).  Keep the family in your prayers.

DS2 is registering at the junior college today.  So, since he is 21, he has to show 3 forms of ID that have our mailing address to prove he is a resident.  He has no bills.  Besides driver's license, all he has is a fishing license.  Can't find his check book.  He did take a box of boat parts he received last week that has his name and our address on it.  Sheesh!  He is killing me.  Lol.

Karen--exciting about the house!!!

Ginny--at least you are out walking.  Wink

Have a great day!

7.5 wet miles for me.  full sun but full sweat.  I may be spoiled but this running back and forth along a big body of water thing gets boring after a bit.  Give me winding trails with ups and downs in the shade thank you.  This was from yesterday's run.  Taken when I ran around the planetarium.

Carbs.. gotta love em!

This morning had to smile at a guy working out with his small dog.  Literally.  he was lifting the dog up and down over his head as it he were weights.  Was a jack Russell terrier.

Cindy-that is a big school!!

Ginny-wtg on getting out there but don't push it.  need you well enough for RunWoodstock half.  (selfish of me, I know)

Camille-but if you know they are waiting for you won't that get you out the door.  group run trumps preferred time any day for me.

Karen-holding back for calling you a slacker.  unsuccessfully.  LOL. Congrats on the new house!  I would think that an outdoor shower may be an important thing to consider.  Will class up the neighborhood too.  Seriously though... think of if you had the equivalent of a "mud room" to come through before dripping on your new floors.

Damaris-will be interesting to hear how my dd does in the heat down there.  the Houston one has adjusted.

Sue-okay, I really shouldn't have been complaining about a temp of 70 at 6am even with nearly 100% humidity.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Summer isn't waning here.

8.1 today. Trying to not overdo it.

Training all day.

Nice 6 Cindy

Ginny hope the wrist is healing!

Camille I think piyo is tough. An hour of it would be hard!

Karen glad you  found a place

Sue how terrible for him at 43.

Cute pics Lisa

Marjorie