Womens Running

MAKE IT A GREAT MONDAY DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

LucyBelle

Good morning! It's still morning, I think!

RR: Had a really good 4 mile run and a 20 minute walk this weekend, the weather was so nice! I was planning on running 3 after work but I just scheduled an appointment to look at an apartment at 6 p.m., so I don't know if I'll have time to run. We'll see.

NRR: Had a really good weekend. Cleaned the whole apartment and cooked a roast chicken dinner on Saturday, then went out to a bar for a bit with friends, then yesterday relaxed, spent time outside with Lucy, baked my own crackers, and caught up on shows with CRF. Just working today, then checking out an apartment.

outwestrunner

Okay okay okay I have learned my lesson.. if the ingredients don't sound appealing, why ever in the world would I expect the finished product to be good? :P

RLTW - Glad you are back home!

MA - The greek yogurt thing was pretty good, but it's not necessarily something I'd eat every day..although I do eat greek yogurt and peanut butter every day. Hmm.

NC - Nice work getting more clients!  How many hours do you need to work on your own?

outwestrunner

Lucy - I hope the apartment shopping goes well. Fay and I drove around, looking for places yesterday.  I really dont' want to leave my neighborhood.

seattlechica

<delurk>

taylor - I hear you on the "DBF's awful roommates" thing... luckily you only have to put up with it for a month!  My timeline is still indefinite at this point... argh!

<relurk>

outwestrunner

The icing does taste pretty all right on top of the carrot cake thingy I made, just not okay to eat by itself.

SassySparky

MA - I waited until 5 weeks. I tried some walking when I was 3 weeks PP and I had some bleeding. So I waited for that to stop then waited another week with no bleeding. I did easy yoga and abdominal exercises in the meantime. I'm glad I did that because I got my core back really quickly.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

monk717

MA: I ran after both kids around 5 weeks pp, this time was closer to 4. I had walked on the treadmill and just decided to try a bit of running. This time my endurance is coming back faster and I know I could be further along if I could squeeze in some runs during the week. And GO TO THE CHIROPRACTOR. I had a headache for five days, doctor screened for late pre-eclampsia but found it was just stress, couldn't give me anything stronger or muscle relaxer bc of allergy or BFing. Recommened caffiene, which saved me. Went to the chiropractor and that saved me too. When you're carrying the baby, looking down at him during feeding, etc, that stresses out your neck/upper back. I can't believe you've gone two weeks like that! Chiro told me before giving birth to come back as soon as I was able and he'd found most new moms said their issues moved from lower back on up, and that certainly was the case for me. I've only in the last few weeks been able to start going every other week instead of every week.

Sorry I can't come back more often for more personals... I feel like I take too much time for pumping (even though I work to make up some of it) so I don't feel justified doing personals every day.

RunLikeTheWind23

So ready for a nap!

MA runner girl

Dang, I'm only three weeks pp, but my bleeding is so light and I honestly feel completely normal. I've gone on several walks and none of them increased my bleeding. I think I'll just add a few jogs in my walk and see how it goes.

Monk - my morning tea usually helps my headache but unfortunately caffeine really affects me and I can't drnk it afternoon or I cant fall asleep! I'm not sure how I didn't think to go to the chiro before now... Lol but it is 45 min away, by my work, so not a quick trip.

i just spent an hour and a half cleaning the kitchen, bathroom and picking up. Then wrote some thank you cards, And now relaxing a bit. C is still sleeping!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

I'm tons sleepy. I'm with you rltw!

trying to stay productive... I think I need a snack even though it's just the end of lunch. argh!

lucy: your roast chicken dinner sounds awesome!

LucyBelle

I'm tired too. I'm on my third (and hopefully last!) cup of coffee.

Lizo: I made the entire roast chicken dinner in the crockpot! LOL. It was soooo easy and came out so tasty! I just put potatoes, carrots, onions, and mushrooms in the bottom of the crockpot, rubbed the outside of the chicken (5 lb chicken) with garlic and lemon juice, stuck that on top of the veggies, and added 1.5 cups of chicken broth. Left it on high for 6 hours, and voila! Chicken dinner! I thickened the juices with cornstarch to make gravy.

SassySparky

Lucy/Lizo - We LOVE to cook whole chickens in the crockpot. It's so moist! We usually eat the white meat one night with roasted veggies/stuffing/smashed potatoes, then we use the dark meat or other leftovers in something like a soup, casserole, fajitas, etc.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

RunLikeTheWind23

I made the entire roast chicken dinner in the crockpot! LOL. It was soooo easy and came out so tasty! I just put potatoes, carrots, onions, and mushrooms in the bottom of the crockpot, rubbed the outside of the chicken (5 lb chicken) with garlic and lemon juice, stuck that on top of the veggies, and added 1.5 cups of chicken broth. Left it on high for 6 hours, and voila! Chicken dinner! I thickened the juices with cornstarch to make gravy.

Lucy, teach me to cook! That sounds so yummy! With my luck, I'd burn my apartment down! Big grin

lizo_77

lucy: thanks for the instant recipe! totally making that this weekend!

LucyBelle

RLTW: Hahaha I think it's really hard to burn your house down with a crockpot!

Sassy: This was my first time cooking a whole chicken EVER! I never knew you could do it in the crockpot. My eyes have been opened!

Lizo: You're welcome!