Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 28 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Ran errands last night. Today is a 7ish mile LR with RP after work while R is in daycare, then 3-5 miles each Sat & Sunday. Need to do some fast running before my race.

BR: Working with him on using words when he's upset rather than going right into shrieking and meltdown mode- not working out great so far. Took him to the sporting goods store to buy a sleeping bag for DH last night and he was running around like a crazy man climbing on everything. He seemed to really like the treadmill.

FR: Vietnamese food with my mom. So flippin good- I had charbroiled pork on rice noodles and then got fried rice for R which was so good that I ate it all. I could seriously eat asian food every day. Its my favorite.

NRR: DH leaves for state fire academy at noon today. He's doing his last instructor shadow before he's fully qualified to run the burn room by himself. I'm trying to track down some help so I can get a bunch of packing done this weekend, mom isn't available so I think I'm going to ship R off to his godmother's house.  I just looked down and realized I have both Ketchup and boogers on my sweater from R.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- I don't know if its the Gluten Free diet or if its that I've finally gotten some good sleep, but I feel great today, so much energy and in a good mood.

runnergirl- How cute about R and the pen- unless it has wheels, Reid doesn't have much attention span for it. I hope your weather improves soon, you should come visit me, its been a little bit rainy and blah but the temps are in the 50's.

zorbs- I'd do easy pace but maybe some strides at the end if your legs don't feel trashed. That's awesome about the cantonese, I have forgotten most of the spanish I learned in school. I know a few words of German and Russian and how to count to 5 in Japanese LOL

Jen- sorry your hair is too short- hah you would hate mine! I'm sure Ruth's Chris would have some chicken or fish- most fancy restaurants are pretty accomodating so you could probably order something not on the menu.

Ernie- sorry about the rough night. I've never had a shamrock shake. When I was a little kid, my mom had us convinced that McD's was an awful, awful place and so when we were misbehaving in the car she would threaten to drop us off at McD's and we would shape right up. It wasn't until after my parents divorced and stuff that we actually ate there and realized it wasn't the Devil.

Bermy- Yay for emigration day! I forgot to mail the package, but I will do it this weekend, I promise Smile Good luck on your flights and paperwork, and congrats on your new life in Nashville.

CA- are you going to meet up with Simone? Glad O is sleeping better, I can't believe she's 6 mos already. Have a fun day!

Cx2- My first day back at work I couldn't log into the computer because my inept Doctor's office didn't submit my disability release to my company. I switched Drs after that, I was so pissed.

Shelby- I hate it when R pees himself awake, I always make him cry until he either sounds desperate or a min of 10 mins before I check on him, and I always feel like a jerk when I find him wet.

Mer- You are a bad communicator because you get your point across? I am a pretty blunt person too, that person can eat it! Glad you got cuddles this morning, they are the best. We pretty much do bedtime/wakeups opposite of most people- I let R watch cartoons at night, and we read books when he wakes up in the morning. R is really slow to wakeup and wants me to hold him/talk to him/read to him for a good 10 minutes every morning.

mzm- sorry about the abundance of barf at your house, that sounds miserable. Your friends/family will understand if you can't make it, though I bet you are really itching to get out of the house!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

jen - not sure about Ruth's Chris but don't most steak places have a token fish or chicken dish to eat?  I hate too short hair.  When I was in high school, I asked my mom to cut my hair shoulder length and she cut it chin length..as if I have no neck.  Never let mom touch my hair ever again.

ernie - my legs are impervious to cold.  I'll be fine as long as my upper body stays warm..that's why I was cold during the Chilly, I couldn't wear what I wanted to upstairs due to that ugly bunny shirt.  Oh last night I saw female C outside having a smoke when C and I headed out to dinner, but didn't say hi.

bermy - that's good that you're feeling sad about leaving.  The only place that I felt sad about leaving was Santa Barbara, and it is the only place I've lived that I've gone back to visit.

CA - it was USPS Priority if that makes any difference.  Package still isn't here yet Sad

shelby - I have a headache and a gravol hangover so I can't even fathom running, much less race pace.

mrszm - I hope the puking stops soon!

spike - I am like that with asian food too, but I thought it's because of my culture.  I could eat different kinds every day. DH jokes that we eat chinese food every day because it's cooked by me, the Chinese. lmao @ ketchup and boogers.  that's stylin!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

zorbs: gonna order some jeggings today from gap. Any opinion on the sizing?

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I have always been a big asian food fan. My mom has this story she likes to tell about me eating hot mustard when I was a toddler. DH only tolerates me cooking asian food a couple times a month, he's not very big on it unless its bad-for-you asian food like eggrolls, sweet & sour pork, fried rice. I love the freshness of Vietnamese food, its probably my very favorite. DH hates fish so I can't get him to go out for sushi with me. He could eat tatortots and hamburgers every day, not me- barf.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - that's why I like alcoholic friend, he is always willing to eat sushi with me.  Vietnamese is also my favourite. In the winter I have a noodle soup called bun bo hue, but in the summer, vermicelli w/spring rolls is my favourite.  It is the perfect post long run food, noodles for carbs, salt for sodium replenishing, protein, veggies and the spring roll for a treat.

mrszm - I'm 5'2" and 115ish pounds and the 0-2 (25" waist) fit perfectly.  Muffin top if I eat too much crap.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Mmm you girls are making me want Vietnamese!! Asian is my favorite too, and luckily it's M's too.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- I've never gotten goi cuon/springrolls because of the peanut issue. I've made them at home, which I'm sure is not the same.  The fried rice last night was the best I have had in a really long time- it had shrimp, pork, and chicken. I want to drive over there and eat it again today LOL. I have a vietnamese place in my town but its not as good as the one in the bigger town 20 miles away where my mom lives. I have a feeling I'm going to have the GF trump card and will be picking asian as our restaurant when we eat out more often Smile I need to get DH to go to the Japanese restaurant too because I bet he'd really like Tori katsuo don.

mrszackmorris

zorbs: crap, i'm 6 inches taller than you! and they don't make longs in less than a 4. pretty much par for the course for me this week. ugh. tempted to just buy a 2 and a 0 and just see what fits. although ordering a 0 seems very far fetched. just called the store closest to me and of course they don't have an 2s, just 2 ankles. of course Sad

runninmer

Anyone have suggestions for summer maternity work clothes?  I know I will be working in district during the summer and we are required to "dress up" (ie. no jean shorts, tanks, etc.) when at the district office.  What are the best things to order?  Crops?  Skirts?  I have a feeling I will just have to tell my co-workers  I will be wearing the same thing every time they see me so I don't have buy a lot!  So I guess I would want something that can work with anything....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

I'm pleased to report that I got a Shamrock shake and it was delicious. Although, I kind of have a stomachache now.

zorbs/spike/CA - Count me in as another Asian food lover! When I was in my early 20s, I dated a Korean guy for three years. I kind of wanted to break up with him after two years, but kept putting it off because I loved his mother and her cooking!

Spike - Is your race next weekend? Lol at the ketchup and boogers on your shirt. I used to get to work and realize I'd spilled stuff on my shirt way before I even had a kid, so at least you have R as an excuse!

Mer - I had a February baby, so wasn't into mat clothes in the summer, but I lived in leggings and long sweaters that winter. Capri leggings and long summer shirts could work for the summer. Otherwise, I would think that dresses would be the most comfortable.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer, I had a bunch of summertime handmedowns that I wore (at the very end of my pregnancy), and my favorites of things I bought were dresses from Target. I also had a couple of denim skirts that I would wear with some nice looking embellished t-shirts from Old Navy. I didn't really care for a lot of the old navy stuff because I didn't think the tops were long enough- everything I got from target was plenty long. My other favorite top was this really cute cowl neck tee from GAP.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- Race is in 2 weeks on the 30th. A 10k that's a pretty flat/fast out and back with the last couple miles on gravel/grass. My PR is 59:01, but I'm feeling like I won't PR because I missed 2 whole weeks of running in the past month for being sick.