Womens Running

FRIDAY DIVAS! (Read 17 times)

OJewel

Post!

OJewel

Good morning!

i thought I posted yesterday but my hotel Internet was crappy and it never showed up.

Meli- congrats on your residency!!!!

Nai- I'm glad little C is getting the help he needs. Hugs to all of you!

RR- rest day. Half marathon tomorrow! I am not going to push all out on this one. It's very hilly and partially on trails.

NRR- just working. Back in NY, hoping for a smooth day. Just hanging out at home and going to bed early tonight. The race is close to my house so I don't need to drive, so I dont have to get up super early, so that's a plus.

have a great day!

taylorma1

Jewel-good luck with your half marathon! So cool that it's close to your house!

RR: planning I think a fartlek run today. I did two hard workouts this week, one on the arc trainer in a hill program, and a really hard pool run. So I don't want to do anything too difficult, but still want some speedy stuff done. 5k on Sunday, so that's why I also don't want to push myself too much. My knee is feeling better, and hopefully it will stay better as I run today

NRR: last day before spring break. And last day at our afterschool program. So it's probably going to be a sad day. Also, Chicago is closing down 60ish schools by this fall, and the school I work at is one of them Cry. Then tonight is laundry and packing, tomorrow I have lunch with my family, then plane leaves to VA at 7 and I get to see DBF!

MA runner girl

Morning!

ER: Nada yesterday, unless sitting on an exercise ball counts Wink More of that today! Maybe a walk too, but not sure. It doesn't help that it's so cooold out, 27 degrees right now! Come on spring!

NER: SO ready for this baby. Last night I had a midwife appt and he has officially completely dropped and is secure in my pelvis! And I'm 90% effaced, which means my cervix is thin and ready! I'm really hoping today is my last day of work (I'm due Sunday), but if I still have this baby in me on Monday I will work, especially since I'll be at home and don't really have much to do, so why not? Not too many plans for the weekend, tonight I'll probably go hang out with my mom. I don't want to just sit home and wait around...kinda what I've been doing all week!

Jewel - Good luck tomorrow! A race partially on trails sounds fun, except maybe in early spring when everything is thawing Wink Hope it's not too messy!

Have a great day ladies! I'll try to post on FB when things start happening and of course when baby is born Smile

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Taylor - Even if the pool workout was tough, it's probably fine to do some fartleks today, since the pool run wouldn't have impacted your joints at all. Yikes, crazy that so many schools are being shut down, including the one you work at! What a bummer.

melrunner

Morning girls.

Jewel, good luck tomorrow!!!!!

MA, good luck and keep us posted!!!

Taylor, safe travels tomorrow. Where is your 5k? I saw on the news that they are closing a bunch of schools, that's so sad.

TriR spinning tonight after work. I've ran three days in a row and I'm feeling it.

NtriR just excited for the weekend and some time off. I hope we finalize our honeymoon plans as well...

have a great day girls!!!!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies! TGIF! So excited for the weekend!

RR: Rest day. Last night I went to the gym planning on a run. I ran 1 mile and had to stop--the capris I wore are too big and the string fell out of them, so they kept falling down! haha. I forgot that those are the ones I shouldn't wear running. So I did some strength training instead.

NRR: Going to my parents tonight! Tomorrow I'm getting a hair cut, having breakfast with some friends and then we are having a "Welcome To The World" party for my niece. Can't wait to see her again! She's almost 2 months now and I've only seen her once! I also need to do laundry this weekend. I don't have anymore clean sports bras or running capris or tops. This is a good thing. It means I've been running/working out very consistently over the past 2 weeks. (I only do laundry every 2 weeks because I have to go to the laundromat to do it...but this weekend I'll bring it to my parents) Smile

Okay, so now, a sort of running related/nutrition related question: Breakfast is a struggle--always has been. I've cut gluten from my diet because of the chronic constipation issue and the affect it was having on my shunt and my neurological functioning. Since cutting out gluten, my constipation is so much better. it will never be "cured" because a portion of my intestinal tract is dead from an infection at birth. But cutting gluten has made things better. Anyway, on to my question about breakfast--I don't have a lot of time in the morning. I LOVE Carnation Instant Breakfast. But it's not gluten free and it's full of sugar and other junk. I'm looking for recommendations on protein powder/nutritional powder supplements that taste decent. I bought a sample packet of powder from whole foods. It was some sort of green powder that was supposed to be vanilla flavored. I mxed it with strawberries, blackberries and blueberries and almond milk and then took one sip and almost puked. OMG, so gross. Anyone recommend anything that tastes somewhat okay?

Ojewel: Good luck tomorrow! Smile

Taylor: Happy Spring Break!

MA: Tell baby to hurry up! His mommy and daddy are anxious to meet him! Smile

c a s s i e

Hi ladies! Look at me posting three days in a row. Wink

OJ –Good luck tomorrow! How nice that the race is close to your house.

Taylor – Wow, 60 schools…that’s insane. Have fun in VA this weekend!

MA – Sending you lots of labor-inducing vibes. J So excited for you to meet your little boy!

Meli –Yay for finalizing honeymoon plans! Where are you going?

And as for me...

RR: 4-mile recovery run this morning. My last 20-miler is scheduled for this weekend...I'm not sure yet when to do it; we're supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow starting tonight, but it's supposed to stop by Sunday, so we'll see. I hate to complain about the snow because we're in a severe drought; I just wish it would give me 3-hour window of sunny warmness, haha.

NRR: I'm totally lucking out today -- only a couple of grades have testing, and the rest of the day is set aside for make-ups, and I lucked out of proctoring any! We don't have regular classes, either, since not everyone had to test, so I have a work day! I'm hoping to plow through some of the "I'll do that later" piles that have built up over the past few weeks.

Speaking of which, I'd better get started. Have a a great Friday, and good luck to the weekend racers!

Visit my blog at www.ruralrunningredhead.com!

SassySparky

MA - that is great news about your progress!  You might be closer than you think. Rock around on that ball all day!! So when I went to the hospital after I had been having contractions for ~18 hours, G still had not dropped and I was like 10% effaced, hahaha ... I was sent home! It was midnight, so they gave me ambien and slept for like 3 hours and then woke up and tried to grin and bear it. Then I went back to the hospital at 7AM and I was already in transition! Like 6 cm. G was born at 12:34.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. I did my ST last night and whoo boy, my rear end knows it. Feels good. I need to work on my squat form, though. Next time I do legs, I'm going to back off on the weights until I get it right.

NRR: Took some melatonin and finally slept like a log for about 10 hours last night. That's how I normally sleep, except for the 10 hours part. Good to know it was effective. Need to find my game face for some work stuff, we'll see if that will actually be possible.

MA - Getting excited!  When do you think you'll have him? What's your over/under? :P

Jewel - Good luck at the race tomorrow!

Taylor - Safe travels to DBF! Sorry about the school closing. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do. Time will tell, I guess. I expected better things of Rahm, but maybe things were so out of line that this is the only or best option.

Mel - I don't think I"ll ever be able to run 3 days in a row.

Cassie - Enjoy going through those piles! I bet your desk will be a lot cleaner by the end of today.

MA runner girl

I literally have no work to do. LOL My boss is out too so I can't ask her. Oh well, I'm going to enjoy it after the last few months of crazy! I made pancakes for breakfast even! Will tackle folding the laundry next Wink

Meli - Nice work running 3 days in a row! That's usually my max. Have a great weekend!

RLTW - Have a great time this weekend in LI! Sounds like you have lots of fun plans. I'm no help on the protein powder, but I loooove smoothies with about frozen mangos, orange juice, milk and plain greek yogurt. I think that's all gluten free? Greek yogurt has a ton of protein so that's kinda like a protein shake if you can't find a powder you like.

Cassie - Enjoy your easy day today, sounds like a great way to end the week! I hope you can find a good block of nice weather to get your LR in. You are running Boston, right? Is that your last LR? Excited for you! Wish I could come watch but with a few week old baby probably not a great idea! I'm about 2 hours from Boston.

Sassy - I love 12:34, that's awesome! I've been feeling crampy today, and my back just started aching! I can't tell if I'm having real contractions... my belly gets hard and it's more pressure than BHs were in the past, but I'm not really in pain? I wish my water would just break so I would KNOW lol I'm hoping that being this far along will help the real labor go fast once my contractions are regular.

Outwest - I am not the person to ask, because I will just say TODAY LOL I don't know, it feels closer today, like having more pressure/cramping/light contractions, but I've been feeling on and off crampiness for weeks so who knows! I really really really want to have him this weekend... but because of that it will probably be next week Wink Glad you had a good night's sleep! I'm jealous, I've been struggling with insomnia every other night it seems.

RunLikeTheWind23

MA: great idea on the greek yogurt. I hadn't thought of that! Smile

Oh and ladies, if anyone knows of a surgeon willing to do a full hysterectomy on a 28 year old, please let me know! Smile My ovaries and uterus are NOT happy today! UGH.

SassySparky

MA - hmm that could be early labor. My water didn't break until the end, so it might not happen! Go for a walk!!!!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Ooh, MA - if Sassy's right, this could be exciting!!

LucyBelle

Good morning! Is it still morning?

RR: 40 minutes full body ST today.

NRR: CRF found out this morning he got into another grad school, WPI, in Worcester, Mass. I am happy for him butttt I really don't want to live there. I also found out that my cousin is leaving her job as a copy writer for an awesome company in Burlington, VT, and she asked if I would apply for it; I really want to, but CRF hasn't heard from UVM yet, so the timing might not match up. Sigh. Decisions, decisions.