Womens Running

Silly Saturday & Sunday (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

Off to gym then down to pick up the shirt I've done probably the most work for. LOL  Just running would be easy compared to all of this.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Lisa

LC Runs

Hey Lisa, looks like we cross posted!  I'll use yours Smile

4.1 miles this morning, a bit of a misty rain but overall fairly pleasant out there.  Have to get my DD up for volleyball camp, she's not going to be happy since she is not an early riser lol.  Supposed to have my younger DS last soccer game today but he is really coughing so not sure that's going to happen.

Good luck to all of our racers this weekend.

Anonymous Guest

Months ago I signed up for a marathon in Delaware today, since that state doesn't have very many. And when I signed up we thought we were definitely moving to Texas. I went to bed last night still unsure if I was going to get up at 4 am to go. My legs were tired, I was tired, I thought about the long run I did the weekend after my last marathon, which was at a much slower pace than last Sundays and how I had to cut it short. I realized that I probably wouldn't enjoy it, and that I was falling into the trap of just doing marathons to cross them off the list, which I said I wasn't going to do when I decided I wanted to do the 50 states. Not to mention the chance of injuring something is probably a lot greater less than a week after such a hard effort. So I turned off my alarm right then and decided I wouldn't be going. 

From a few facebook posts it sounds rainy and cold and yucky in Indianapolis and in Kentucky, so it's probably similar in Columbus. I'm glad Carol's marathon is tomorrow and not today!

Lisa, thank you for sharing your positive attitude about the race tomorrow. On the one hand, bitching and whining isn't going to change anything, but on the other hand, it's so much easier to do than accept it and be positive about it. You've handled your knee problems and setbacks really well.

Tessa, I don't think I want to do NYCM, but so many people love it and say it's their favorite one I almost feel like I should give it a shot. I won't do it next year I don't think, but maybe the next. When you get to NY let me know - I'd definitely run M-H again or run Wineglass.

Laura, a weekend activity full of kid's sports and running the around? Shocked!! 

I know I missed a few people from yesterday, but my ipad keeps crashing and the dog is sleeping on my feet so I can't go in and use the computer. Well, that's the excuse I'm using for being lazy! I will run some today, probably between 6 and 10. My pace is still really slow, which is another reason not to do the marathon this morning. A coupld of friends are doing this 5K this evening in the Congressional Cemetary - I might go out for that. And I will run errands and clean house...back to doing that on the weekends with everyone else. 

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Now puppy pool.

Karen is probably a good decision.

Lisa as glad the knee is getting better.

We are to get rain on and off today too

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out this morning for 6.3 miles. Shins are still a bit painful, but what I would call "manageable" - which means that if they don't get any worse than this, I can keep running. So that's what I'm going with. I'm hoping to salvage my training for my 12/7 half.

Lisa - I know you're bummed about Detroit, but Karen is right - you have a great attitude.

Karen - sounds like you made the right decision.

Laura - we have one more week of soccer and then we're done!

Tessa - are you familiar with the Coyote Ridge trail races? My Saturday RB is running the 10-miler today.

Off to clean - we have DS1's birthday party this evening (yes, I'm about partied out!) and I have 12 boys coming over for pizza and a movie. Wish me luck - I'll be opening a bottle of wine after they leave!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Work yesterday was super hectic to the point that I got some stress (loved it, after 16 days off).  Went to the doctor and got a diagnosis: ruptured ovarian cyst (my second in 5 years).  That explains the pain during the Chicago Marathon.  Oh, well.  It does not hurt anymore so MCM is a go (unless the pain returns).  It is still 93F and 73DP now at 4pm.  It's October, right?  RIGHT?

I was going to do my LR tonight but decided to take another SRD just in case.

Lisa, hope you enjoyed the gym.

LC Runs, nice 4.  Enjoy your day.

Karen, you race as much (or more) than me and we have the same perspective.  If it's not fun, why do it, right?

Marjorie, nice 10.

Cindy, hope your shins feel better.  My husband keeps his shin splints in check with a calf brace he bought from McDavid.  He calls it his magic bullet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy weekend.  Back from 17.7 miles with DH, partly with RC too.  We detoured up into town to check out the HMB art & pumpkin festival, which was off to a good start despite some chilly fog.  Fog has since burned off so it should be a nice day out there.  Which means a bad day to drive anywhere since the roads will be jammed.  So, we will not be going very far today.  This past week was a little crazy with a work retreat in Chicago Sunday-Tuesday, which was fine (although I would have been equally fine without it), then a public transit strike on Friday (so I went to work at 5:45 and came back at 2:00).  I"ll be working from home on Monday to avoid the roads.  I peeked in here a few times during the week but didn't have time to post and have forgotten what everyone has been up to so sorry about that!

Carol, I hope your marathon goes well tomorrow!

Lisa, I hope yours goes well tomorrow too, even if you aren't running.  Wear that shirt with pride.... you've been working hard for it!

LC, looks like you've got a busy day of sports events.  Good for you for getting your run in early.

Karen, I saw that your new job has started and seems to be going well.  You mentioned the NYC marathon?  DH and I are doing it on 11/3 (did it previously in 2009).  It's a massive event, not really a race,   We enjoy the spectacle but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Marjorie, did the purple octopus make an appearance at the pool?

Cindy, is your friend doing the Coyote Ridge trail run here in Northern California?  We've done the 20 miler.  A tough and hilly course for sure but very nice scenery.

Damaris, ugh on ruptured cyst.  Hoping that the pain is over and you can get out there for MCM.

Tessa, I saw that you've had more challenges with DH.  Sending you lots of moral support.

Hi to everyone else!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runlikeagirl18

Gatsby - yes, she's doing the 10-miler. She's out there with some college friends to celebrate their collective 40th birthdays.

Cindy

Was a bit depressing driving down to an going into the expo but perked up (allowed myself to pretend I was actually running it) once there.  bought a black Nike flannel lined top like my purple one that I love and The Stick. That might work a bit better than the roller for back if knee. Got the big one with the extra wheel in middle for trouble spots.

Rained and mid 40's all day. So glad race wasn't today.

My Molasses bib is so cute. They did them to look like license plates. Very clever.  Dd is doing the half and she is in corral L (my corral). I was slated for J.  Fun tho that I'll be holding the rope for her.  We will wait in the builsig with gene again.

other dd mentioned how it's weird not to have people staying at the house. Yes it is.

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Survived the birthday party - we had 12 of DS1's friends here for pizza and a movie. They're pretty good kids, but that many boys is a bit wild. And the "dumbass" factor is pretty high with boys that age! It does crack me up to listen to them, they're so funny. With DS1 and DS2 having birthdays four days apart, I'm always glad when we get past the second party. Especially since we had them both at the house this year.

Off to bed-

Cindy

Good morning everyone.  Having some toast and coffee before heading out for a short easy run with DH.   It's feeling like fall now, with morning temps in the 40s and the sun rising later and later.  Looking forward to the time change to get more daylight in the AM, but not looking forward to coming home in the dark after work in the PM.  Nothing too exciting in store today.... laundry, yard work, house chores, football on TV.

Lisa, I hope you had fun at the D marathon this morning.   I've heard the Stick is better at targeting specific, hard to reach places than Rollie.  Sticks mean business.

Cindy, did your RB report back about the Coyote Ridge trail run?   Not an easy run, no matter the distance.  Congrats on surviving the birthday party!

Waves to everyone else.  Did you all sleep in?  Haha.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Waves to everyone else.  Did you all sleep in?  Haha.

Why yes, yes I did! I was going to get up "in a couple minutes" and suddenly it was ten o'clock! Another sign that I was in no shape to run a marathon, even slowly yesterday. I didn't even make the 5K last night.

Cindy, glad you survived the party! So you have 2 boys with birthday's really close together, when is the third's birthday?

Damaris, glad you're back to work!!

Gatsby, you sound busy! If there were ever a Metro strike here, I'd definitely work from home - can't imagine what the roads are like with BART on strike. If I did decide to do NYCM I would probably pick a goal marathon somewhere else in October and just run New York for fun. I'll wait and see how I feel about mega-races after Boston. And Disney. I can't compare to MCM really, because it's kind of hometown for me, so the logistics don't seem as daunting as other big races to me.

Lisa, how did your SLO duties go? How did DD do? Sorry about your Tigers. Although either team would probably have been the emotional fan favorite over my Cardinals in the World Series.

I think I'm going to go run a few miles because the weather is gorgeous today. Then DH and I are going to a movie at the theater for the first time since 2008! Yes, the last movie we went to was Marley and Me. We're going to see Gravity in IMAX 3D and then dinner - should be fun.

Edited to add: Carol is through 20 miles at 3:39:43!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

My SLO duties were fine but I must saw that it is interesting being on the other side of the race / volunteer line. Man, do we get stupid When we run a race. Just funny.

DD did great.  2:24 not a PR but still a good run especially considering lack of training. She ran a negative split which I'm making a big deal over. All other races were not that way. Getting smarter.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby no sleeping in for me. I was up early to run. After my run I walked about a mike home. Neighbor wanted to talk. All I wanted was water and food. I finally said I need to get home and get water since I just ran over 20 miles. He wanted to show me their new porch. Sigh. But he did give me a bottle of water. So I has to traipse through their back yard to see it.

Not only was the purple octopus out but Hammy tried to hide it in his towels afterwards. He was very disappointed when we took it out from where he tried to hide it.

Cindy glad lad you survived the bday party.

Seems Carol is doing well

Lisa of course racers are silly....

Karen probably good to have skipped the race.

Marjorie

camille2

Karen, I'm still so impressed with your great marathon time!  Wow! It was prob. a good decision not to do another one so soon. I'm glad you're enjoying the job. What type assn. is it? BTW, I see you are thinking of NYC. I did it 2 years ago and it was an  experience. So crowded...more than Chicago. I still love the image of runners filling the bridges though.

Lisa, congrats to DD! A negative split is something to be proud of. I wouldn't know that feeling myself. : )

Marjorie, did you see the news segment (Diane Sawyer I think) about week ago on puppy pools and treadmills? I thought of you.  Yeah, I loved the Charleston bridge there and drove over it a few times since I saw the doc at the E Cooper location. He stopped a couple meds so I liked him.

Carol, I hope you had a great race

Laura, nice miles!  Hope your DS is feeling OK.

Gatsby, nice run yesterday! Maybe you'll have a nice day working at home.

Tessa, I hope you got some rest this weekend. I saw the note about hubby's fall. Have you considered one of the Lifeline type necklaces for him? My mom has one. You have to watch out for contracts with some companies.

Cindy, two BD parties a week apart?  You are rating super mom status!

Demaris, I'm glad you're getting to work again! Bummer on the cyst.

It's a lovely fall afternoon here and I just got back from 65 min on the hilly out/back.

Edit to add-nice 20 Marjorie!