Womens Running

Wonderful Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 22 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Maybe if I say it, it will be?

ER/RR - 25 min yoga video, 8-10K easy run with eh after work.

RR#2 - backed out of the Ragnar team, it was going to be very expensive. Sad

TR - has a sudden, intense obsession with smoke detectors.  I actually heard him say, "I love you smoke detector!" yesterday.

FR - chinese sausage fried rice.

NRR/rant - I am the only person at piano with a bookshelf in the teaching room.  I stole the bookshelf from another room when the teacher who owned it before left the school and left it behind.  All the books/materials on the shelf belong to me and are in an order that makes sense to me alone, so I totally know when someone uses something and doesn't put it back.  It also drives me batshit insane that people use my stuff, the least they can do is ask..and if they asked, I'd let them use it. I've had a small sticker on the shelf for years saying do not touch, but the new crop of teachers using that room on the nights when I'm not there seem to be particularly fond of using my stuff and leaving it a mess/not putting it back properly.  So last night I had to resort to making a giant sign that blocks the front of an entire shelf that says, "ALL BOOKS AND MATERIALS ON THIS BOOKSHELF ARE THE PROPERTY OF PATTY SCOTT.  DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION." Hopefully I won't have to up the level of passive-aggressiveness on the sign.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 10k or so. It's a chilly morning!

TR - She actually sat still for a bit at library program yesterday. Was really into the book the librarian read (about a big, blue cat) and kept standing up and shouting "CAT!" at top volume. Sensory fun class today. Last week she ended completely covered with paint and soap so I am digging out some old, stained clothes for her to wear today.

FR - I forgot to defrost my shrimp yesterday so I ended up making Zorbs's skillet kale carbonara dish. Yummy! Pad thai tonight.

NRR - My DH just informed me that his entire family is coming over for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, so I guess I should probably go buy a turkey.

~~~~

zorbs - Have fun running with eh! Boo, sorry you had to back out of Ragnar Sad I don't know much about it, but I'm assuming there is the race fee and then additional expenses for your support team? If your passive-aggressive sign doesn't work, maybe you'll have to pop into piano one night and catch the other teacher red-handed.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - just over 4 around the 'hood... it was brisk out, but without the crazy wind..

TR - was actually kind of social when the IL's stopped by (they had just missed her 45 minute long temper tantrum)... she still wouldn't let them hold her, but she gave MIL lots of smiles and made cute faces at her, and she played with FIL for a bit..

FR - made salmon and roasted mini potatoes last night and both turned out really tasty... C scarfed down the fish... tonight is homemade meatballs...

zorbs - ugh that is so annoying!  we have a similar problem at my office w/ people using creamer, butter, etc from the fridge that doesn't belong to them... hopefully ppl will read your sign and stop touching/using your things..

ernie - wow nothing like last minute hosting!  how many ppl are going to be over?  we were supposed to host the DH's side of the family but the dinner is postponed until the end of the month due to scheduling issues..

strollermama

ernie - I am so sorry this is a stupid question,  but do you guys celebrate Thanksgiving in October?  It makes sense it wouldn't be the same date as ours, I guess I just didn't know when it was.  Kind of short notice to prep!!

zorbs - Sorry about ragnar.  Was it the race itself that was expensive or all of the other things?

CT - Maybe she is warming up to them Smile  That is awesome you have a kid that likes fish.  Mine is the pickiest protein eater.

RR:  I am in a bad cycle of not running.  I have leave the house at 7:15 and don't usually get home till 6-6:30.  It is so hard for me to run before work (at 5am) or after because I am too tired, but I have got to figure something out.  I cannot be a weekend only runner.  Hoping to find some motivation to run tonight!

TR:  Is obsessed with throwing balls lately.  His favorites at the dryer balls, haha.

NRR:  Still feeling kind of crummy - congested, sore throat, etc.  Hoping it passes soon.  DH is coming in 2 days yay!  We also just got an email last night about a free marriage retreat in Myrtle Beach.  We couldn't go to the last one we signed up for so we are hoping we can get into this one.  Then we just need to find cheap plane tickets!  We could really use some alone time!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

beckykay

Morning!!!!

RR:  5 glorious miles.  Sbux.

TR:  Better mood yesterday.  I think all of our traveling had worn him out.

NRR:  So DH is going to be gone most the rest of the month.  Oh joy.  Oh and if this stupid shutdown mess is not straight by the end of the month then we don't get his VA money next month.  CRAP!  My dad is only going to get 70% of his paycheck this month.  Come on congress, get your act together ASAP!!!!!

FR:  crock pot Jambalaya. I need to use my crockpot more.  It feels nice not having to worry about dinner.

armmama

RR - 5 miles today.  I was too tired to get up and do it this morning so I'll have to do it after the girls go to school.  Today will be my last run in my Kayanos.  I've had them since January and while I haven't been the best at tracking how many miles are on my shoes I'm sure they are ready to be retired.

BR - got him a devil costume for Halloween.  It seemed fitting.

KR - had DD1s parent-teacher conference last night and she is doing pretty well in school which is good.  I was curious how she'd do here compared to her old school but she seems to be keeping up.

FR - probably just leftovers since DH won't be home

NRR - taking my dog to the vet this morning for her annual checkup.  Hopefully all is good.  She's 12.5 so she's getting up there.  Whenever I ask L where Sadie is he says "Sadie died".  I'm pretty sure he's trying to say "Sadie outside" but it still makes me stop for a second.

zorbs - that is so annoying.  I don't understand why people can't just ask.  Hopefully the new sign does the trick.  Sorry you had to back out of Ragnar Sad.

ernie - wow, way to throw a last minute Thanksgiving dinner on you!  I am already asking DH what our plans are for Thanksgiving even though I have a month and a half.  I like to plan way ahead.  Smile

cx2 - glad she was ok with the ILs!  DD2 used to cry every time my MIL would try to hold her but now that's like her favorite person in the world.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Booo on ragnar.  I know I will probably do a relay one day but I REALLY like sleep.

Ernie:   Haha. how nice of DH.  None of my family ever wants to come to my house, I always have to go to them.

Cx2:  I can't get C to eat fish.  So frustrating.  Glad yours liked it.

Stroller:  Hooray for DH coming.  I love love myrtle beach.  Do you need some "run or die" texts?

beckykay

xpost:  Arm - lol on the devil.  Hmmm, yeah.  I think my shoes only last me 3-4 months.  I start rotating them out when they are about 300 miles.  Smile

runnergirl9508

RR: 5.2 miles this morning. A quick 3 btw PT clients, and 2.2 with R running to the park.

TR: is infatuated with trying to get into every box, container, laundry basket. Last night I walked into his room an he was snuggled in his laundry basket with his blanket Smile

NRR: trainer friend is at the hospital!!! Baby girl is on her way, so I officially take over for her tomorrow Smile

bbl for personals while R naps.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 12k w/ RP after work, plus ST'ing at my work gym after our run.  Hopefully DH can do daycare pickups on Wed nights from here on so that RP and I can run straight from work.  Saves on time for commute plus gives us more daylight.

TR - of course we had to wake her up this morning!  She'll be up at the crack of dawn on the weekend.  Bought her 3 new books yesterday while I was waiting for DH's car... 2 Munsch books (do american's get his books??  They are fabulous), and Charlie Brown's great pumpkin book.  It's so fun that we can read 'wordier' books now Smile

BR - even though I was home when she got up this morning, I didn't bf... she did fine, gave her a sippy of milk plus some cheerios to keep her happy till DH was ready to go.  They'll have breakfast at the dayhome most days.

FR - made pad thai yesterday (inspired by ernie...) but used jarred sauce.  Leftovers for DH and the girls tonight.

FR2 - dh was out last night at a wine tasting - I was very jealous - it was a wine that is super expensive and we've both talked of trying for years.  The tickets were sold out, plus it would have been complicated for me to go w/ MIL being out of town.  I would have been annoyed at the method of food delivery, it was served family style (pass around the serving tray), and DH was at the end of the table and there was often little to no food left for him when the plate got to him.  His ticket was free, but the other guests paid $500/seat, so it's inexcusible!

NRR - back at work!  I have a few things to do, and we have a lot of overhead type projects but things are pretty dismal, there's talk of us being asked to go to a 3 day work week to bridge the slow time.  I'm ok with that, I can run on my off days, plus keep the house organized - really I'd be ok w/ being 4 days a week or even 3 long term.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

hbruns

Well, I am here. I am 7 weeks post-partum and running again. I have run 2 marathons, a few half marathons and was training for my first ultra when I got pregnant. I managed to run lightly until about 22 weeks and then had to stop due to sciatic pain. I am back at it lightly, doing about 4 miles every other day and hoping to run a half in February and maybe a full in late 2014. We will see how it goes as I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom of 3 so we are super busy.Big grin

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - bummer on Ragnar being so expensive!!  LMAO on B and the smoke detector.  I hope the other music teachers leave your stuff alone! That would be so annoying!!

ernie - I always defrost shrimp by slicing open the bag and putting warm water in, then the shrimp defrost in about 5 mins.  At least DH gave you ample warning! Wink

cx2 - that's great that C was social with the IL's.  I don't think there are many 18 mos olds that like being held.

stroller - it is hard to run and work, and I imagine so much harder as a solo parent!  I always run at lunch, but I know that's not an option for you.  Hope you feel better soon, especially w/ DH coming home!

becky - yay for 5 miles + sbux!!  BOOO to dh being away for so long!  I hope the US government get's their sh1t together soon.  It all sounds so ridiculous to an outsider.

arm - I track my shoes on Dailymile, and get about 350 miles per pair.  LOL on the devil costume!  Hope your dog checks out, our lab is 10.5 yrs and I keep wondering when he'll start to go downhill.

RG - Nice job fitting those miles in this morning!  YAY for baby girl coming!  You're gonna be busy w/ her workload also.

hbruns - HI! Welcome to the group!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Lurking from my phone today. Hi everyone!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

spike- hey there! hope your work computers are back up and running soon. have a great day!

hbruns- HI! Welcome to the supermoms- congrats on your new LO! You're doing great with your return to running, too. I've been thinking about running a 50K...

CA- hope your first day back to work goes well! Working 3 days a week sounds great- if I had that option after I had R I definitely would have taken it! whoa, $500 for a seat, and no food left?! I'd be really pissed. enjoy your run and ST later tonight. glad O did well without the bfding this morning.

arm- lol on L's devil costume. I bet he'll look super cute. Whoa, definitely time for new shoes! What are you running in next? glad that DD is doing so well in the new school.

becky- ah, the sbux run day, nice! glad that C is in a better mood. wow, that's a long time for DH to be away! and I agree, hurry the eff up Congress!!! oooh crockpot, thanks for the reminder! i'll have to whip up some soups in mine this weekend.

stroller- I hope you can get out tonight for a good run! those are long days to be working! lol on H throwing the dryer balls. I hope you're feeling better soon. yay for DH coming in 2 days. Ah, Myrtle Beach sounds awesome! Haven't been there since I was a little kid, but I loved it!

Cx2- glad that C is warming up to the IL's. It took R a while with my IL's too, but he's great with them now. Way to go on the salmon C! are you running another half this year?

Ernie- have a great run, it was a cool morning! Hope that sensory class is good today. Mmm, that kale carbonara dish sounds yummy. Whoa, I would flip out on such short notice! HOw many people is it?

zorbs: yeah, that would piss me off royally if others were using my stuff. there was a lady I used to work with who would eat people's (labeled) food out of the staff fridge. She ate almost an entire pint of blueberries on me one day! yeah, Ragnar is $$$. I wouldn't have been able to afford it without the extra $ from a couple of new PT clients.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - last week when I subbed for old RP, I went into my room to grab the crayons and the girl who was in there gave me a death glare.  Granted, she didn't know it was my stuff, but it sure isn't hers either.  omg on the surprise Thanksgiving dinner.  I would murder DH if he tried that one on me.

cx2 - I just think using stuff like crayons, etc without asking is SO RUDE because it might not seem like much, but eventually it will cost me $ because when they run out, who's going to replace them? not them, that's for damn sure!

stroller - the race itself was about $115 and then with everything else, it was shaping up to be at least $300.

becky - I was a bit apprehensive about the lack of sleep but I wear contacts and can't imagine wearing them 48 hours straight.  Strange thing to worry about but valid, right?

arm - I have a twinge in my piriformis and I was thinking about you and how I probably am in need of some butt abuse.

CA - I guess for that kind of expensive dinner, people felt entitled to be pigs and not make sure everyone else at the table got to eat! Whenever we had chinese banquets, everyone always takes 1 serving/a small portion and the plate goes back on the lazy susan.  Then if anyone wants more, they can (as long as the older people don't want more)

rg - awww on sleeping in the laundry basket!  I've never left food in a communal office fridge but if I did, I'd use the moldy sandwich bags.

hbruns - hi! welcome!

spike - hi! my AF is late too but there is pretty much no way..

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/