Womens Running

Effin sick of winter Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K rolling hills with Sam.  I thought it was going to be a wear all the clothes morning, but it's *only" -12c right now.

TR - DH set the passcode on the ipad to 1234, in order to teach him numbers.  it's working so far.

FR - crockpot ghetto stroganoff (sauce base is canned golden mushroom soup), broccoli, whole wheat egg noodles.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 16k with 8k tempo, take two. I had to submit work yesterday morning and by the time I finished, I only had time to run 6k, and then I ST'd in the evening. This schedule rejig is going to leave me with some back to back longer runs, but what can you do?

TR - We've been working on shapes, so now when we're out, she likes to point to the shapes she knows and name them. Except...when she says circle, it sounds like she's saying "shit show"

FR - Quinoa with sauteed red peppers and mushrooms, rainbow trout.

NRR - Valentine's party at library program today. You'd think the posts on fb about what to bring to a potluck would have reminded me that I am supposed to bring something to this party this morning but I totally didn't clue in. So, cheese, crackers and apple slices it shall be!

~~~~~

zorbs - I was ready for a wear all the clothing morning as well, because they were forecasting -20 with a windchill of -28. But it's only -15 with a windchill of -21! And how sad is it that we think this is decent weather? Smart idea with the ipad passcode!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  4 or 5 on the TM after work.  Not sure if I will stay in the city I teach in or go home to the fitness center.

BR:  Was awesome for his appointment.  He is 26.5 inches (90th%) and 15lbs 13 ozs.  Unfortunately, he woke at 1am and was just on fire.  We gave him meds and I sat with him for a while and he seemed to cool down, but then we were up multiple times after that.  I slept from 4-5 and then up for the day.  Continuing on the roller coaster.

TR:  He is just off right now.  Was squatting in the living room last night, so I knew he was pooping.  I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty.  "NO".  Then he cries and says dada should change his pants.  Okay...so DH comes upstairs and tells me he has never seen anything so disgusting.  He wanted to puke.  Poor guy has diarrhea

NRR:  Our good friends are having a baby today!  I am SO excited.  He is J's godfather and I am sure we will ask them to be H's godparents when we get to baptism.  On a sad note, a guy from work who has been battling lung cancer for the past 5 years lost on Saturday.  His funeral/visitation is Thursday which makes for a busy day since I have an appt. 30 minutes north and then will have to drive back down.  Oh well...its not about me at all.

FR:  BBQ Pulled pork last night was delicious!  I could have have 3 or 4 sandwiches!  Oh!  And I got a surprise package of Starburst Jelly Beans in the mail yesterday. Woo Hoo!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Does RA have some facebook popup that's coming up for everyone?  My work computer is not happy with RA this week, and I can't see the posts  unless I click reply...

RR - 8 ish km sometime, not sure if I'll have time during the day or if it'll be tonight after work.

TR - slept at gma's and is spending the day with her.  MIL picked me up from the train station yesterday to go try to start my car and M made sure I knew that she was not available to come home with me, that her and gma were busy and had to go to gmas  house.

BR - I turned on the TV when we got home last night to put the Olympics on, she was very excited that I was putting on the TV and then tantrumed when it wasn't a kids show. lol.

FR - Kelly's cranberry pork was really good, I also roasted green beans, yum!  Leftover pork tonight.

NRR - interview #3 today.  So Company #2, DH's boss's wife is a lawyer there, DH had his boss ask her about the month till we get work thing, and she is apparently brokering a deal with a big client.  I told DH to tell her to just sign it Smile  Oh and she said they do have a gym on site.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - balmy!  It's supposed to be +5 tomorrow, I'm beyond excited! Smile

ernie - bummer on having to reschedule the tempo.  Life happens I guess.  I bet your snack will be a hit, sounds like perfect toddler food.

mer - aww poor DS w/ diarrhea!  YAY for a baby, but sorry to hear about your work colleague.

runnergirl9508

RR: a quick 3 miles today, that's all I had time for between PT clients and my a/s.

TR: DH dressed him in an adorable long sleeve button down shirt and corduroy pants today. He looks like a little man. He was really good at the a/s, and was very interested to see the baby!

PGR: 20 weeks today, and it's a GIRL! I'm excited. I always pictured myself with two boys, but I'm sure having one of each will be fun. Now I can plan the nursery decor!

QOTD: for moms that have girls- did you just come right out and say "No pink" or did you not care. I'm so NOT a girlie girl, and I'm ok with purple, but I don't want this baby swimming in seas of pink and ruffles.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

nolamama

CQTM

HI Ladies,

I know I've been MIA...again. I hope you all are doing well!

RR: 2-3 miles on the TM at lunch is what I'm up for today. I've only been running once a week since the beginning of the year but am adding another day or two this week. My leg feels pretty good...hopefully it will continue to do so.

TR: She is a talking machine. I'm guessing she is well over 200 words at this point. She is also using sentences pretty well. I bought a potty as she is starting to tell me right after she goes. I can't really start to PT until she moves into the next class at daycare, but at least I have it.

NRR: I'm sorry I've been MIA. I've had a lot of work/personal shit going on and I always disappear when running is on the back burner. Hopefully I'm back to stay. I've lost about 6 pounds and I'm working on about 10 more.

zorbs: that is a good idea with the numbers on the ipad. We might have to try that. My work gave me the ipad we have and I don't even get to use it anymore. I had to remove my email accounts on there as I caught A sending an email to all my bankers that was full of gibberish. Yeesh.

Ernie: everything A says that has an "s" or "c" in it, always turns out sounding like sex or shit. Lol.

mer: your little boy is growing up so fast!! I hope both your kids are feeling better. I can't imagine how diarrhea feels for a kid, when it's so terrible to have as an adult.  I'm sorry about your coworker.

CAR: no popups for me. Do you pay to have the ads removed from RA? Good luck with your interview!

RG: YAY for a girl!! so exciting that you are already halfway done. How are you feeling?

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Another week of DH busy in the evenings   I hate having to call in favors just to get a run in. I would do a stroller run but Reid is not having it anymore. RP is busy all week otherwise I'd run with her and have her daughter watch R.

TR: Slept like crap last night. 11:30 pm woke up screaming- must have kicked the bed, said his foot hurt. Woke up screaming at 12:30, had a dream that he was falling. Woke up screaming at 3:20, said his penis hurt. Made him go potty and put him back to bed. I took him to daycare in jammies because I had a hard time rousing him this morning

FR: Food last night was good, but there ended up only being 5 people. Including me. another 1/4 of a person if you include R. Far off from DH's headcount of 10. DH took  the leftovers to work so we don't have to eat pulled pork for a week straight.

NRR: As soon as I got back into bed from Reid's 3:20 am screamfest, DH's alarm went off and he kept snoozing it.   I also did something dumb this morning- saw a dial thing on the fridge that I never noticed before and thought "Hmm I wonder what this does" and turned it, and now I cannot get it to turn back. According to the manual that I dug out after the fact, it is the water filter housing. *sigh*

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

zorbs - That is a really good idea.  J doesn't get to use the iPad...I'm too possessive with it!

ernie - I think it is adorable when kids say words and it sounds like swears.  It is so innocent...until they actually start swearing...

CAR - I was having issues with RA yesterday and last week.  I had to post from my iPad.  I hope the job situation works out!  I would love a gym at work.  The TM we once had was broken by kids so that is not an option anymore.  Are you hoping for an offer from any one more than the other?

rg -  Congrats on the girl! I was so confused when you were saying a/s until I read that part!  I love dressing J up to look like a little man. Smile  I am a girly girl, but would accept whatever gifts came my way.  They wear clothes for such a short amount of time, if I didn't like the color, I think I could put up with it.

hi nola! - J is growing up fast!  I am having a hard time with him turning 3 in April.  Crazy stuff.  Wow, good job on the weight loss.  Sorry to hear you have had a lot going on.  Sad

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I don't mind the cold as long as its not windy too. Its been pretty windy/foggy here this winter and it sucks.

ernie- LMAO at shit show.

mer- sorry about your coworker, how sad.  Sorry your kids are sick.

CA- I paid the $10 to banish the ads because I was tired of seeing boobalicious cartoon characters and banner ads about getting rid of belly fat. Our Netflix recommendations are all kid shows right now and we are having trouble finding something to watch after R goes to bed. If you get an offer on Job#3, you can always call company #2 and tell them you have another offer but would prefer to work for them, and if they really want you I bet they would get the ball rolling. I would kill for the ability to workout during the day. If I didn't have to dress professionally and look put together I would run on my lunch.

RG- Congrats on a girl! How fun! My sister tried saying no pink, but she had a change of heart when the baby actually arrived. If you do your own stuff in whatever colors you want, you will be past all the pink clothes once she is 6 mos because people only like to buy tiny baby clothes for showers :P

NOLA- I was about to PM you and make sure you were still alive Smile   I have a tendency to disappear when I'm going through stuff too, hope you're doing ok. Glad to hear that you've healed enough that you can run a bit.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Women's Regular Elbow Sleeve Pattern Cotton Modal Fit and Flare Dress

I'm thinking about buying this dress for my sister's wedding. I think its long enough to get away with doing photography in, though in the back of my mind pants are probably a better choice.

nolamama

CQTM

spike - yeah...I haven't even been posting on L&O. I figured it was time to let y'all know I am alive! Thanks for thinking of me!

superspike113

Honorary Old

<small>Wedding photographer by lmstussy on polyvore.com</small>

This is the pants outfit I came up with but I'm worried its too casual

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - congrats on the girl!!!  I am not super girly either, but am ok with pink or whatever, I didn't restrict what anyone bought and haven't had anyone buy anything super frilly or anything.  Be careful because the most tom-boyish women I know end up having the girliest daughters Smile

nola - HEY!!  We've missed you.  Sorry about the shit, but glad you're around again.  I haven't paid to remove the ads, if this facebook thing keeps up I may have to, I'm sure it's recording some nasty report in our IT department.

spike - boo for not having a sitter!  I'd punch DH if he snoozed his alarm at that time of the morning.  Yes I will call #2 if that happens but since it's a big company if he doesn't have approvals he may not be able to do anything.

mer - My #1 would be company 1, #2-2 and #3-3 haha.  Though I've heard rumors that #2 pays the best...  #3 is a longer commute and would be via train like now where as 1 and 2 I can drive to from home in 20 minutes.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - B learned hearts from the nail art on my thumbs last weekend.

mer - last time i made pulled pork, DH bought white hamburger buns, and several could have slid down my throat easily.

CA - I just have those banner ads here, I don't find them annoying at all.

rg - the last pg client I had was all, NO PINK! NO UGLY PLASTIC TOYS! before her daughter was born and I assume it was rather futile..I also wanted no ugly plastic toys for B, and everything blue/cream colour scheme, and people don't give a shit..so I would say don't bother wasting your breath with those kinds of requests.

nola/mer - DH bought another ipad for himself since B commandeered the first one.

spike - I think a nice non constrictive dress would be comfier than any pants except yoga pants.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/