Womens Running

One week Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

One week until Christmas!

ER - treadmill walking hill intervals to keep my client company, hot tub.

RR - I bought a wagjag (group buy thing) $25 for $50 at a LRS that seriously has the worst selection EVER. (Running Free Milton) They had fewer than 10 pairs of shoes for women and when I selected a couple to try on, they had only size 12s left in those styles.  Oh and they are a small chain of stores but somehow can't order stuff to be shipped from the other stores.  So they ordered some Mizuno Sayonaras for me to try, and I will go try them on.  The store is a 25 min drive and if I don't like the shoes I don't know what I'll buy with that coupon because it expires 12/31 and the store's selection of other merchandise is as poor as the shoe selection.  I can't very well buy $50 worth of gels!

TR - put the tree up last night and he was ridiculously excited.  Wore underwear to daycare and stayed dry.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup <----seriously I am addicted to this, it is SO good.  The leftovers are even better.

from yesterday:

kant - ahh Ottawa! I was born in Ottawa and did my first marathon there..I didn't do very well so I have a redemption trip planned someday...

nola - sorry you're still feeling pain.  What does the doctor say?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: heading out once it gets light for 5+ miles. My first PT client rescheduled for Friday so I got to sleep in an extra half hr today. Hips s feel tight after yesterday's 9- need to roll a bit before I run.

TR: so tall. I had to put away all of his 2T pants and most of the shirts of the same size! Ate his weight in pumpkin pancakes for dinner last night.

NRR: need to finish up a few small things for Christmas today.

Nola- hey lady! I hope you get a BFP this week! Sorry you're still feeling pain, that stinks.

Zorbs- ugh on the small selection. Do they carry socks? I got a gift cert to a tiny overpriced grocery store once and literally walked out with 4 things. Yay for B staying dry at daycare!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - meeting RP this morning for 8k.

TR - was just up briefly, but went right back to bed when I told her it wasn't morning! YAY!

BR - diaper rash is back, maybe she's teething again?  She slept fine though.

NRR - off work for the year, I could have worked this week, boss made it sound like it was up to me, my mom really sounded like she would appreciate the help, so I'm going to take the rest of the week off and help her unpack.  She's been fighting bronchitis the last few weeks and was at urgent care yesterday to get an Rx, not good when you're moving.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - let us know what you think of the sayonaras. That's a pain, I almost always just delete all those offers now bc it's more of a pain than it's worth. After the expiry legally they have to keep the value at what you paid - so it would still be worth $25, fyi.

RG - yum, I'd eat my weight in pumpkin pancakes too!!

kant - nice to have another canadian on here!

nola - hey! We missed you!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

ER - ST. And driveway shoveling. We got another good dumping of snow last night even though they were only calling for 1 cm.

TR - Yesterday afternoon, I was fixing DH a coffee for work and getting S her milk before her nap. Well, I accidentally put milk in DH's coffee and gave S a big cup of half and half cream to drink. And then she napped for 3.5 hours. Ladies, I might be on to something here 

FR - Orange glazed salmon, roasted potatoes, baby bok choy

NRR - Christmas party at the community centre today. Potluck lunch, lots of activities for the kiddies and, of course, a visit from Santa.

~~~~

from yesterday...

kant - I am in Ontario, too! About an hour north of Toronto. I have a 21-month-old DD and am a SAHM/freelance writer

nola - Nice to see you again! So sorry you are still having pain when you run, that really sucks.

bbl for personals!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

spike - Check your PM's.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

RR:  Got my run in yesterday. I started too fast, but it felt good to run.  A little sore today.  I love running outside because I am not pushed for speed, I just run whatever feels good.  I realized how much I miss it.

BR:  Was only up once last night.  Love his snuggles.  When I got him up at 5 to eat, he knew it was me as he was looking for food right away.

TR:  LOVES to play outside.  He is so funny with the things he says.  Is really working on the appropriate use of Me and I.  Cute.

NRR:  DH and I had a good conversation this morning about how we are both feeling.  He says he feels like he is drowning.  It has been snowing every 2-3 days so he has been busy which means he doesn't get as much done at home.  He is a neat freak, so I know it is bothering him.  I did take the time to remind him that he was able to shower yesterday without rushing because the boys were with MIL.  That is the part that gets me.  He spends very few days with just the boys.  I feel like he is always shipping one off to Grandmas...I didn't do that when I was on leave...

FR:  He did make delicious burgers for dinner last night...he only had one kid!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

nolamama

CQTM

Morning ladies,

I didn't do any personals yesterday, but I figured I would be the last poster of the day.

zorbs - I'm having a major gripe with a groupon I bought (same kind of thing) from Invitation Box for my Christmas cards. I ordered them 11/25 and they will finally be here today. They have not once responded to any phone calls or emails I've sent them and apparently the only customer service they are doing during the holidays is through FB. Yes, I know, I need to get on FB, but seriously! You can't expect all your customers to contact you through social media. Blah!  I'm actually going to start seeing a new doctor and hopefully a PT once the new year starts and my healthcare deductible starts over. I have grand plans for 2014. Get my leg fixed, have a baby, and hopefully get my toes fixed. I need surgery again for my stupid toenails. I need to do it all in one year since I'll hit my max out of pocket.  We need the baby part to work so my plan will succeed!

rg - Yeah, I'm getting very frustrated. I feel like there is no possible way I could try to come back slower. Seems like running is still going very well for you! Did you run all the way through your last pregnancy? I'm guessing yes.  

CA - sounds like your Mom moved nearby? We are really wishing we had family closer. I've been thinking of you the past couple weeks as A is really starting to love taking off her diaper. I have visions of me duct taping it on her. 

Ernie - Hmmm, half & half to make them nap, eh? Your food, as always, sounds delicious. Is this going to be S's first trip to see Santa this year? We are taking A next week when we're in Florida. Then the aunts and grandmothers can all be there. 

RunninMer - I can't believe your little boy is already 2.5 months old. That is awesome that he was only up once last night. My brother and SIL are having quite the time with their 4 month old. She has not been a good sleeper and still refuses to nap in her crib. My SIL is staying home for a while, though, so she hasn't pushing the sleep training like she did with her first.  My brother also has 12 paid weeks of paternity leave so he can help out a lot. 

ER: Nothing today, volunteering to watch 10 kids sleep at A's daycare while the teachers have their holiday luncheon. This should be intersesting. I'm frightened just thinking about being in a room alone with 10 14-21 months olds. Wish me luck.

TR: Moving up to the next class at daycare. She is now growing up too fast officially. She can ask "what's that?", and can say probably more than a 100 words. She loves to say airplane when she hears one, elephant, giraffe, outside, inside, up, down, and the list goes on and on. We put up our Christmas tree and she pretty much cried the whole time. Every time we took an ornament out of the box she wanted to play with it...and then we would put it on the tree, and then she would melt down. DH said "this is NOT as magical as I had hoped it would be" LOL.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Big news!! Slutty top has been purchased. Rose peplum halter top and  glam bib necklace to go with it. I'll probably just wear shoes that I already have.

RR: 2.54 miles last night. R wouldn't shut up and was being a whiner and insisted he had to go potty (which I forgot to make him do before we left) so we turned around. When we got home, all he did was a little squirt    I coordinated with his godmother tonight so I can run 5 miles by myself (RP's son just got home last night from a 99 day submarine deployment, so she is busy).

TR: has been pushing me to the edge of my patience and won't listen/comply unless I raise my voice. He kept getting out of bed last night and I had to tell him if he got up again, he would get a spanking (which I RARELY do). This morning he leaned over and spit on the couch right in front of me.

FR: Green chile chicken tamale pie last night, so good!  SOmething with ground turkey tonight.

NRR- not sure what I managed to do to my eye in my sleep, but I woke up in the middle of the night to it burning like a mofo, and its still watering and hurts. Maybe my pillow pulled my eye open and I scraped my eyeball on the pillowcase? I dunno, it effing hurts though and this is the second time its happened in the last week. On the plus side, Bossman is driving to Arizona with his family and will not be back until the 30th, so I have free reign here. Going to work on wrapping my Christmas gifts in the conference room.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- they don't even have a hat or socks worth purchasing? oof!  Yay for a dry day!  Is it indian curry or thai curry in the soup?

runnergirl- R is just now wearing 2T, he's had a growth spurt lately, I need to sift through his clothes when we move.

CA- that's nice of you to help your parents unpack. My family sucks- I've helped my sister move at least half a dozen times and she has never once helped me.

Ernie- LOL at the cup of half and half. I was trying to be nice and made DH a pot of coffee this morning. He didn't check it and then burned himself when he went to dump it out.  I told him I made him coffee, but he was in bed and must not have heard me. No good deed goes unpunished I guess. Your FR sounds delish. My grocery store had baby bok choy last week but I didn't buy any since I already had a bunch of cruciferous veg in my cart already.

Mer- My DH does absolutely nothing when he is at home with R and complains that he gets nothing done. I often ship him off to his godmother's house rather than just leaving him with DH because he will complain that he can't go on fire calls, run errands, go to the gym. Uh yeah buddy, I manage to do all the house work with the kiddo around, it won't kill you to do the dishes and vacuum. DH isn't very good about playing with him- just turns on the TV. I think we are better at stepping up and handling the parenting/household duties because of having to handle all the newborn stuff in the first year. DH didn't have to do much in the way of childcare because I was nursing that first year, so it wasn't ingrained in him from the start.

Nola- Sorry that decorating the tree wasn't magical. I didn't even do one last year for that reason! I hope you get your BFP. Good luck with the naptime watch!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2- a little over 5 miles this morning, and glad I wore my screw shoes again, as about 1/2 of the sidewalks hadn't been cleared at all following yesterday's 4" of fresh snow.

QOTD- one of my PT clients gave me a $100 gift card to Athleta for Xmas! I've never purchased anything from there- how do their sizes run? I'm an XS in Nike/UA stuff. Also, do you have any favorite/must have pieces from Athleta?

CA- hope the run with RP went well! enjoy the rest of the year off! must be nice to have the extra time to get things ready for the holidays. ugh on O's diaper rash, poor thing! yay for M going back to sleep. hope your mom is feeling better soon. the pumpkin recipe was from brown eyed baker, I think. super simple.

Ernie- I always like the stretch in my arms/shoulder that I get from shoveling. have fun at the CC Christmas party! i'll be interested to hear of S's antics Smile  LOL on the half and half making S sleep- all that extra fat filled up her little belly.

Mer- glad you got outside for your run! it's such a nice change of pace from the TM! YAY for H sleeping so well last night. J sounds like such a big boy aready. Are you planning to enroll him in preschool this fall? I'm glad that you and DH were able to talk.

NOLA- sorry about the injury frustration! I had tendonitis in my hip flexor in college, and while I was still able to run (around 50% fewer miles), I couldn't do anything fast/hilly/long for a good 8 months without it bothering me. Yes, I was fortunate to have a relatively easy pregnancy with R, and ran right up to and on the day I delivered him, at 37w4d. hoping to be able to run through this whole pregnancy too! Ugh, I hope the kids all sleep today for you! Aww, sounds like A is getting so big! I really felt like the time between R's first and second bdays went by at lightning speed.

spike- yay for slutty top! ugh on the shortened run. Have you taught R how to pee outside behind a tree yet? Wink  Hope you can get a good longer run in tonight! YAY for bossman being gone.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

rg- haven't gotten R to pee outside. I think that will be daddy's job. Plus he would have frozen his little pecker off in the freezing fog last night.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Well I bought the Sayonaras, but not in the pretty pink, the white/blue, a pair of Balega socks and peppermint stick Gu.  Every time I read about someone raving about Balegas, they always say (seriously, I've heard about 3-4 people use the same wording) "Balegas make sweet love to my feet."  so they better damn well be good!

rg - thanks for the sock suggetion.  I was going to buy a lot of socks if the shoes didn't work out.  I have some XS in Athleta when that was the smallest size they had and it was sometimes a little loose, so I'd go with the XXS.

CA - yeah the deals are mostly spam but occasionally something comes up that's a really good deal.

ernie - I'd probably nap for 3.5 hours if I drank that much cream.

mer - sometimes I feel like I am too eager to ship B off to daycare, and I love my Wednesdays, when I get to eat lunch without B underfoot.

nola - watching kids sleep in daycare sounds easy in theory, but what if one starts screaming and everyone else follows suit? I am distrustful of companies that don't have an actual website along with FB.

spike - the soup is Thai-ish but the curry is just plain old yellow curry powder.  The flavours are coconut, cilantro, fish sauce etc so definitely Thai.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Well I bought the Sayonaras, but not in the pretty pink, the white/blue, a pair of Balega socks and peppermint stick Gu.  Every time I read about someone raving about Balegas, they always say (seriously, I've heard about 3-4 people use the same wording) "Balegas make sweet love to my feet."  so they better damn well be good!

I have a few pairs of Balegas. They are ridiculously cushy and I have never gotten a blister with them. If that's not sweet love, I don't know what is.

superspike113

Honorary Old

I forgot to say, R looked so effing cute when I arrived at daycare to pick him up yesterday, I wish I had my camera. They were playing with dress up clothes and he was wearing cowboy boots that came up to his knees, a gladiator looking tunic thing, a cat in the hat red and white striped hat and he was wielding a plastic sword. I'm going to try to dwell on that moment rather than when he started being bratty 30 seconds later.