Womens Running

(Over 40) Finally Weekend (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1. All continuous. Minimal discomfort. But I was taped. No walking. Very happy with it. Didn't do 10 but really wanted too.

Happy running all. Now to puppy pool.

Marjorie

Hooray, Marjorie, for pain-free miles.  Hope you and the pups enjoy the visit to the puppy pool.

DH and are are heading out in a few minutes to meet up with our RC for some miles.  A very gray, foggy morning here.  Be back later!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

6 and half miles in 32 degree weather. No wind so quite nice. Then took the dog for another mile walk. Now cleaning all the crap out of my car for car shopping this afternoon.

Marjorie, sounds like you're on the comeback, great to hear.

Gatsby enjoy your run with the club.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Stennis Half Marathon this morning!  Wasn't my greatest race--2:05:20.  I tried to hang with Randy but after five miles he was gone.  He did 1:56:08, PR for him.  He has been following the Hanson plan.  Guess I need to get my butt in gear and get a little more serious about training.

Tried to cut fabric for a quilt this afternoon but decided I was too tired and should quit while I still have all fingers intact.  Guess I'll watch the Iron Bowl--Alabama vs Auburn.

Yay Marjorie!!  Glad you had a good run.

Bikerchick1

What a quiet day here on the board....

Marjorie - Glad you had a fairly pain-free run Smile

Karen - Saw on FB you already bought a car....that was fast work!!!

Gatsbybird - Hope you enjoyed your run!

Crazysue - Seems like I keep hearing more and more about Hanson's method....I have been toying looking into it.  Glad you decided to rest instead of but your fingers off :0

Did a few miles running,(day 3 of the running streak)  then talked DH, into going out to a nature center and walking the trails along the river and take pictures....it was gorgeous.  He will go do things, but I have to always prompt him to GET UP OUT OF THE CHAIR.....geez.....

Carol

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - Reread my post after it posted....I mean "cut" your fingers off....Blush

Anonymous Guest

Love my new car! They had a 0 down, 0% financing deal, so even though we were ready to write a check for the whole thing, we ended up financing and will invest the money. It's a 2013 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen. Picture here if you're not on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201750456421342&l=12ae6eb96e

DH just went into the garage and told the car it was pretty in his best German accent. He is such a goofball. And I think I need to watch out for him - he really likes it. This is my car!

Susan, loved the pic of you knitting while waiting for the race on fb. Nice race. I used Hanson's for my spring marathon and really liked it. Thinking about using a higher mileage Hanson plan for Boston.

Carol, are you doing a running streak for the holidays? Seems like a lot of people are.

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, congratulations on the new car! I will have to see pictures to know what to look out for at the airport next time...

Susan, not bad with the 2:05, please congratulate Randy for me on his sub-2.

Carol, some people need a hard kick to get them up and moving. Aren't you glad we're not those people?

Marjorie, good that the tape helped your hip. And it is laudable that you kept the run short under the circumstances.

GatsbyBird, how many miles did you do?

I did 23 this morning, a loop I haven't done in a while. Forgot about the unrelenting uphill between miles 9 and 11. I did remember my Camelbak, though, this route doesn't have any place to refill a water bottle for miles and miles. Feeling better. And I broke 300 for the month, first time that's happened in a while!

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, 23 miles....nice! I'm hoping to get in 205 miles by the end of the year to get 2,500. That will be about 700 more than I've ever done before. Not close to you or Marjorie's volume, but getting better. And the hardest part of giving up the old car was losing that Mt. Mitchell 40 sticker on the back. I think I'm facebook friends with the RD - will have to see if he'll send me another one.

Karen--congrats on the new car!

Tessa--wow!! 23 miles!!

At the race this morning this little kid blew past me around mile 11.  He was turned around waiting on his Dad to catch up.  Turns out he set a world record time for a 7 year old half marathoner:  2:00:05!

Just got home from the Stanford-Notre Dame game (college football) with DH, Dad, brother and nephew.  A fun time and a nice afternoon/evening, even though ND lost.  <frowny face>  DH and I did 10 miles earlier today.  Tapering for Calif. International Marathon next weekend.

Nice new car, Karen!  Looks both practical and slick.  And great deal to boot.

CrazySue, that's a very respectable HM time in my books.  And well done to Randy and that speedy 7 y/o.

Carol, great that you got your DH out of his chair to enjoy the outdoors today.

Tessa, nice 23!   Glad you are feeling better.  I know there's still a lot on your plate.

Have a good night.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Marjorie-nice run and good job at holding back for quality miles.

Gatsby-sounds like a nice run for you too!  And a fun football game!

Karen-woohoo on the new car. hope you can get that bumper sticker! 205 miles in December-that's a lot but you could probably do it.

Tessa-glad you got out for the miles and your "unrelenting uphill" very likely translates literally into "mountain" for the rest of us.

Carol-good for you for getting dh out there for a nice nature walk.

Sue-darned fast twitch muscles in those kids.  that seems crazy fast .. hope he didn't hurt anything doing it.

Today's DD's 14th bday. heading out for a short run (fingers crossed on how it goes) then catering to her all day...so basically a typical day.  LOL

Been back on the Alter G when at PT setting it at 90% since still have that darned hot spot in front.  They are switching things up and working on the calf with stretching and new exercises.  I'm not the only one that is frustrated. Cutting back to 2x/week with PT. I did run on the high school track Thursday morning (2.5 miles). Worked out at gym yesterday on bike and arc rider.

Have a good day ladies!

DH has shoulder surgery tomorrow so will have a new invalid in the house.

Lisa

LC Runs

Hey Ladies!

7.3 yesterday solo.  6.4 with my running buddy today.  Also, signed up for the Bayshore Half in May, sold out in 40 minutes, yikes.  This will be my 8th Bayshore (3 Fulls, 5 Halfs).  Also contemplating the Charlevoix Full in June, we'll see....sounds like a good idea now, but....Smile

Marjorie - glad the hip is feeling better

Gatsby - enjoy the miles

Karen - love the car, congrats!

Sue - great job on the race!  I'm thinking of following Hanson's plan if I do the Full, I bought the book last year.

Hi Carol - I love that Nature Center there. Any races on the horizon?

Tessa - 23 miles is awesome!

Lisa - so glad to see you are doing well, making progress every day.  Good Luck to DH

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 miles. Went okay. Took it very easy.

Carol good for you on the running streak

Karen yay for the new car.

Tessa nice 23!!!

Sue that is crazy fast for that kid. Nice race for you

Laura nice running

Lisa 90% is pretty good. It will get there.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  After laying in bed a few minutes I decided to go out for an easy 6 miles.  So glad I did!  Beautiful morning and I am not nearly as stiff as I was when I got up.  Smile

Lisa--hope your DH's surgery gores well.

Have a great Sunday everyone!