Womens Running

Thankful Day Thursday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I am thankful for all of you!

Post. We are here to listen.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, that happens to me when I have had a bad dream that I cannot remember. Weird.

Wednesday I got in a strong 35 minutes on the track. I'm getting new songs on my mp3 player. It's been a struggle because some of the songs don't convert. I suspect a corruption of the iTunes software on the computer. I'm picking away at the problem. Song by song. 

Oh, do you know when you've been running outside, avoiding the mosquitoes, stop and they suddenly land on you? Well, it happens with old men at our track. They are like mosquitoes. They are not really exercising, but come to meet, gawk, etc. at the women. One of them (dressed in a sport coat no less) "landed" by me before I could get out the door. I fled when he started to tell me he admired me. :::shudder:::   I will have to escape sooner today.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Yikes, on the "old men mosquitos" landing by you at the gym....unsettling for sure!

Karen - Thanks for the eye candy picture Smile   You remember my friend Jenny, she always talks about the run portion of Tri - she tries to find a "nice pair of spandex to follow"  

Busy week, sorry have been MIA....Did my neighborhood run, my stability class, and was supposed to run last night. But DD asked me to go shopping with her and Aly....so that won!  Had fun, and bought Aly her backpack/lunch box for kindergarten   Decided that is going to be my Grandma tradition!   Hard to believe she is going to kindergarten!

Bike ride/run tonight with RB/TB's

Hi to all!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Yesterday was the first day I felt strong and better from that stupid virus I got.  I have not run but I have Pilates today and I am looking forward to that.  Working from home.

Judy, I hate gawkers.  Ugh.

Carol, enjoy the ride tonight.

Off to check the eye candy, damn, what did I miss yesterday?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ahem, hmmm.  I saw the eye candy. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Well, that "I feel fine after an ultra, I can just jump back into my marathon training plan" feeling from Tuesday completely disappeared last night. I ended up with 5 very slow miles. Slow, but not easy, if that makes sense.

You're welcome on the eye candy. I didn't even mention that he's an incredibly nice guy, Ironman, Badwater finisher, etc. Lisa, you crack me up - there's also the 3-person relay option if you want to hang out at the aid station more. Eye candy aside, I realized yesterday that if I do end up keeping my job and working from home once we move, I'd probably have to do like the guy from NC does and come into the office in DC once a month. I totally see myself scheduling meetings and trips to the office based on races here...

Schedule calls for 10 with 6 at MP tonight. I'm hoping for 10 easy. Will see if the legs agree.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Last 2.2 was in the rain. At least that cooled me off.

Judy swat those 'mansquitos'. Or use bug spray!

waves to everyone.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Oh Marjorie, I went ahead and signed up for the Charleston Marathon this morning (I was afraid I'd forget before prices increase next month, so I went to set myself a reminder, then decided what the heck, just sign up now and don't worry about it). So I'm coming down in January!!! Anyone want to join me? (Look at me, inviting people over to Marjorie's, oops)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We have room. The main guest room is a double bed. We have a day bed in the other and the couch. So anyone is welcome!

Marjorie

ginnyb

does it have a half?  I may need Charleston by January!  Or maybe I could do the marathon??????  I will be in a new ag by then!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Why yes, there is a half . And I'm told the race is nice and flat. And it's the weekend of MLK Day, so if you get that day off it's a 3-day weekend.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yep. Flat course. Half and full start together. Point to point race. It is mlk  weekend.

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!  I just did 5 mi. My body has decided it much prefers walking to running, so it wasn't an easy one. At least it was foot time, if not all running time. I'm doing a short hike with the club this afternoon.

Ginny, you have a good start on marathon training with all the half marathons under your belt and S. Carolina might seem great to you in winter.

Marjorie, did your hubby find the snake?  I'm with your pup and don't like them either.    They seems so sneaky.

Karen, that seems like a great time for a S. Carolina race.

Carol, Ali's going to school already? Wow.  I'll bet she's really developing into her personality now.  I like that age.

Judy, Carol's bug dope sounds like a good plan.

Demaris, I'm glad your feeling better.

Hi to anyone else.  I need to eat and get out of here.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille nope. No sign of it. We are just watching every time the pups go out to make sure it isn't around.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, snake? Poor Quincy. I think you'd know if it was a copperhead or water moccasin, wouldn't you?

Karen, I think scheduling your trips to the mothership around races in the area is an excellent idea.

Carol, Aly is in kindergarten? Wow!

Camille, I got an email back from a contact in the Alaska chapter of CPCU, who reminded me that he and I met at the convention in 2012 in DC when a buddy of his in one of the southern California chapters invited him to a reception for our new designees.. He was glad to hear your insurance issue is solved, however if there is a further problem let me know. Nice guy he is.

Damaris, see what you miss when you skip a day?

Lisa, I agree, volunteering at the start/finish just got much more attractive!

4.3 this morning, then 7 at lunch. I am trying to get off a few pounds before we go on the drive across country. No wine at night. *sad* But it seems to be working.