Womens Running

Back to Work Wednesday- Supermoms (Read 409 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Ladies~

Happy New Year to All! Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season.

RR: shorter run (4-6 miles) today as I'm working 6-1. I only have 30 minutes for lunch, but might be leaving at noon depending on my schedule. Stroller runs are pretty much out of the question until the bike path melts off. Right now it's about 2" of hard packed snow/ice.

TR: loves lifting up his shirt and showing everyone his "beebee" (belly button). Then he goes over and checks out DH's belly button. Haha. He really is trying to say more words now, and tackling tough ones like peanut butter and applesauce.

NRR: a friend from grad school could use extra thoughts/prayers today. Her husband (28 y/o) is undergoing brain surgery to remove tumors that are stage 4 cancerous. They have a 9 month old little boy.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

BermyHorse

RR: easy 3m recovery on the back of yesterday's 1k repeats. Feel good though and not too sore. I think the LRs from fm training and making a huge difference to my running in general.

NRR: walk around a little nature reserve, playground and a few chores.

BR: did not stop eating or talking yesterday. It was awesome.

FR: pea ravioli.

--

Happy New Year everyone!

rg - your friends have extra thoughts from me, wow, tough. Hope they can take them out and the surgery is effective. So cute on DS saying those words! We are working on speaking each day, Enjoy your run when you go.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone!

RR - Will get out for 8-10k once the sun comes up. First run of the new year, since I lounged around all day like a lazy bones. Not sure why I was so tired, since New Year's Eve was very low key.

BR - Ugh...I thought successfully had her back on a normal (as opposed to holiday party baby) sleep schedule. She went down easy as pie at 8pm, but then was up from 11:30 until 1:30 and has woken up nearly every hour since.

NRR - Have to think of something fun to do with S. DH is back to work today but none of the playgroups/baby programs re-open until Monday.

RG - Your bike path sounds treacherous! When I ran on ours on Sunday, I was surprised to find it was better plowed and salted than the roads and sidewalks were. How scary about your friend's husband! I really hope his surgery is a success.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - hopefully 4 miles tonight after DH gets home.  I am supposed to pick up my car in Toronto tomorrow morning and I want to leave as early as possible to try to avoid rush hour traffic.

TR - amused himself by using his little toy digger and dump truck in his mountain of rice at dinner.

FR - chinese stew, bok choy.

~~~~~~~~~

from yesterday:

CA - getting a 2012 Mazda3 GS.

today:

rg - it doesn't sound like you use TMs all that often, but how about a TM run after work?

bermy - do you have a pasta machine to make those ravioli?

ernie - in the summer, I ran the Tom Taylor trail and I was annoyed that I was a total gym rat all the time I lived in Newmarket.  Speaking of, I'll be up there tomorrow, after I pick up my car.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Bermy- mmm, pea ravioli actually sounds really yummy! Do you make it from scratch? I agree- the LR's add a huge benefit to your running, making the shorter weekly runs feel easy. Have fun at the nature reserve, are there many animals there to see?

Ernie- aw, i hope DD gets back on her regular routine soon! Is she normally a good sleeper? Play-groups sound like fun, sorry none are open today. Is there a kids museum you could take S to?

Zorbs- haha on B and his toys at dinner! R ate a buttload of rice last night too. I've been trying to get him to use utensils, and he scooped up one spoonful of rice last night, then decided it was faster to just use his hands. I would run on the TM after work, but I have to be home by 1:25 so DH can leave for work, which would mean I'd only get 15min on the TM. I'll just squeeze as many miles in on my 30 min lunch today, outside.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning....

RR:  5 after work.  I figure I will need it!

TR:  Love that little bundle.  I was really emotional after we put him to bed last night.  As much as I complain about his crying and not sleeping so well.  I am going to miss the countless books while cuddling in the recliner and the baby cuddles after naps, stickers all over me, and how funny he is...

NRR:  Back to the grind today.  We have 2.5 weeks until the end of the quarter/semester so it is a busy time with kids deciding they need to get their work done.  It will go fast, and then I get 6 groups of all new kids and I start over!

FR:  All of our NYE junk food got eaten last night during the Rose Bowl.  It was all way too good!

rg - Sorry to hear about your friends DH.  Stroller runs are totally out of the question with the cold we have.  Yesterday it "warmed up" to a balmy feels like 2* with an actual temp of 13*.   Today should be much warmer.

bermy - Enjoy the nature preserve and the rest of your day.  Sorry, but is this your first marathon that you are training for?

ernie - Sounds like a tough night. I hope you can nap while S naps and find something fun to do today.

zorbs - I hope you and B have a good day and DH gets home with plenty of time for you to run!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - RD, but may get on the elliptical for a few minutes...ran 5.65 yesterday in my new shoes... my old ones had over 700 miles on them...

BR - thinking she's going to drop her late afternoon/3rd nap soon... yesterday she was awake from 230 to 730 and that's a long time for her to be up... she was kind of crabby but refused to sleep so we let her play...

FR - meeting 2 of my BF's for lunch... they picked a stir fry place which sounds good to me...

Hope everyone has as great day!!

mrszackmorris

rr: srd today. did 4 on the mill yesterday. Tried using nike+ on my ipod nano (the one that clips on). Anyone use this and find it accurate on a tm. I know our tm is calibrated way off so was hoping nike+ was more accurate.

tr: dentist appointments this morning! They love it there!

br: slept until 10:45 yesterday and took a 4 hour nap!

nrr: ran some errands with my mom yesterday with not much luck. have so much paperwork/household catch up to do today. And our new microwave is getting installed.

---------------

rg: ugh to your friend's dh! i know far too many people who have had brain tumors.

Ernie: hope you find something fun to do today!

Zorbs: yay for a new car!

runninmer: i thought you were taking some time off running in 2013? I am a little sad today knowing the girls go back to school tomorrow, i love being home with them all day; maybe i should just home school them!

cx2: how old is dd? Have so much fun at lunch!

CTimesTwo

Ok trying for some personals..

RG - hope your friend pulls through.. he is so young to be going through that..

Bermy - pea ravioli?  that sounds different... i like both so i think i'd eat it..

ernie - hope you find something to do today... i try to get out with C once a day mostly for my sanity..

zorbs- awesome on getting a new car... my very first car was a mazda and it lasted 11 years, so not too shabby..

mer- we had to toss some food from the holidays yesterday... we had way too much and i hated to see it go to waste but there was no way DH could eat it all, plus most of it probably wasn't safe to eat anyways...

mrsz - C is a little over 9 months now... wow a 4 hour nap sounds pretty epic!

strollermama

Good morning!

RR:  Yesterdays run was kind of a mess and todays probably will be too.  I was supposed to do 8 with 4 mi tempo but ended up having to split it into 2 runs and then the second run got interrupted multiple times by a baby who wouldn't nap.  Today is 9.  It is too cold to do all 9 with the stroller but I am going to try and do as much on the TM during nap and then put DS in the stroller right away.

BR:  Woke up last night about every 10 minutes from 9:45-11pm.  I thought it was going to be a really bad night but then I finally gave in and gave him a bottle and he slept till 6am.  Must be going through a growth spurt.  Hungry man.  DS also has been pooping like 4-5 times a day.  He used to only poop once.

NRR:  DS and I are both missing DH.  He made it back to NC safely and even got bumped on a flight, meaning he now has a $300 voucher.  Yay!  Thinking about taking DS to the Children's museum today just to get us out of the house.  I had fun seeing my friends yesterday but it made me a little sad because they are my former classmates and it reminded me I am now a year behind them.  It feels like I have so much longer to go...  Hoping it goes by quickly.

RG - Do you usually run early in the am before work?  I will be praying for your friend!

bermy - I have a hungry little man too!  And I totally agree about the LRs helping all other aspects of training.  That's why I am excited for this plan because I do so many long runs, although I fear it might kill me.  My goal is just to do as much of it as I can.

ernie - Sorry about your rough night of sleep.

zorbs - Hope DH gets home early.

mer - Hope your first day back is a good one.

cx2 - Have fun at lunch!

Spike - From a few days ago, I don't know when DH will deploy again but it will likely be shortly after he returns to Colorado.  Right now I am just going day by day Smile  Is R feeling better or did he just have a sleepy day?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

armmama

RR - 3 miles before DH left for work.  Felt hard, makes me wonder how I'm going to run 13 this weekend?

BR - has his 15 month checkup today.  I'm glad too because he constantly has his hand in his pants and I want to make sure it's just a boy thing and not anything going on down there!

KR - they are actually a little anxious to go back to school.  2 weeks off gets to be long!

FR - started eating healthier yesterday.  Not keeping track, I think I can tell when I'm overdoing it.  Just making sure I eat 1 serving of fresh fruits or veg with each meal/snack and see how that goes.  Already feeling better about  myself after 1 day!

NRR - still a zillion Christmas presents and decorations all over the place.  Slowly getting the house cleaned up but it's hard with all the kids home.

rg - that is too cute about his "beebee".  My oldest DD had a crazy obsession with her belly button when she was 1.  She'd cry if she wasn't able to have access to it.  Definitely thinking of your friend!

bermy - pea ravioli?  I was briefly looking at Country Music Marathon yesterday.  I sort of want a spring race since there isn't really anything longer than a 10K here, but also not sure I want to put in the time to train for a full just yet!

ernie - I was feeling lazy yesterday too and we didn't do anything the night before.  I tend to be more lazy when DH is home though, maybe just because I can be?

zorbs - hope you get your run in!

mer - back to work already?  I still have some cookies I need to throw out!

mrsz - my 5 year old keeps asking when she gets to go back to the dentist because she wants another ring toy that she got there.

armmama

cx2 - missed you!  I need to order new shoes, if I could just remember to do it when they're open!  Dropping naps is always kind of an adjustment but fewer naps seem easier on our (my) schedule.

shelby - hope your run goes better today!  I started taking L to childcare when I run most days because he stopped sleeping in the jogging stroller and doesn't usually want to sit for longer than a 3-ish mile run so I'd get crabby with him.

Erniegirl

Bermy - I saw your post about the 1k repeats - great workout! I know you're training for a fm now, but have you found 1k repeats improve your time at shorter distances? I should really try some. I've only really done 400m intervals or tempo runs for speed work.

Zorbs - I've been here since 2007 and only discovered the Tom Taylor trail this year. I do most of my runs in M.A. but drive to the trail for stroller runs and long runs. We should run together sometime when you're in Newmarket!

RG - S used to be an excellent sleeper. She STTN consistently from when she was two months until six months old, so we thought we'd hit the jackpot. Then she started waking up in the night to practice new skills and her sleep has been really inconsistent ever since. Sometimes she'll STTN, sometimes she'll wake up a gazillion times like last night.

Mer - Does your school always start back again right after New Year's Day? Schools here aren't back until next week. Those baby cuddles definitely take the edge off the lack of sleep!

cx2 - She kept that third nap quite awhile! I think...or maybe mine just dropped it early. That late afternoon nap was good for having a chance to relax and prepare dinner, but it's also nice when you don't have to plan your day around as many naps. Have fun at lunch!

mrszm - Awesome that your kids love the dentist. Your baby is a champion sleeper!

Shelby - Sorry you are missing DH - is it a year that he is gone for? Hope he can use that voucher to visit soon!

Armmama - Sometimes a short run feels terribly hard and the a longer run seems like no problem, so you'll probably be fine for your 13 this weekend. We're slowly cleaning up Christmas stuff here, too. We took the tree out yesterday, so I'm sure I'll be vacuuming up stray needles all day and trying to stop S from eating them!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.25 miles with RP yesterday. Taking a rest day today. I have a weird pain in my coccyx...

BR: Melatonin worked miracles. R conked out at 5:45 and slept without a peep until 6:15.

FR: Made a roasted vegetable lasagne last night and set the foil wrapped dish on the back porch to cool (Lasagne is always better as leftovers, so I rarely eat it fresh out of the oven). I opened the door and my dog barged past me and stepped in the corner. Idiot. It mostly just smooshed the lasagne, I don't think her foot actually touched the food. Ate a hardboiled egg and avocado sandwitch on whole wheat sourdough last night with this yummy jalepeno spread. Eating vegetarian is going good, started transitioning early- feeling good!

NRR: Back to work today. I have a hair appt this afternoon. My natural color is an ash/dirty blonde and I have cut my hair so short that there is none of my dye job left. I usually just get highlights 2x a year, so I'm doing that today, I need to me much blonder!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

SimonSaysRun

Fly by for now...

rr.  I did 4x800 w/ 400 recoveries yesterday on the TM and 800 warm up and 800 cool down.  Total of 4.  Then I did a Nike Training Club Core Cruncher workout.  Ouch.  Today will be 4-5 easy slow miles.

nrr.  My mom arrives this afternoon!  M and I will pick her up at the train station this afternoon.  She'll be with us for two weeks.  We're also going to Story Time this morning and have a couple errands to run before we head out.

tr.  Just being mommy's little helper this morning.  Sweeping and helping me wipe down the kitchen.  Too cute!

fr.  I think I'll make enchiladas tonight and have my mom make Spanish rice!