Womens Running

Back to Work Wednesday- Supermoms (Read 409 times)

BermyHorse

Rg – your boy is such a cute little talker! Mine was a silent little observer all this time. My DH is very very quiet (unlike me) so I think DS might be more like him than me. Pediatrician said 6 words from little boy by 18mo is kinda what he is looking for. Birds at the reserve. Lots of birds. Herons etc. I watched that movie “A Big Year” and it made me want to take up bird watching.

Zorbs – red canoe looked awesome. I love love love bok choy. Esp baby bok choy.

Rg/zorbs - Ravioli is actually made with wontons which you cut into squares, wet together and boil in a broth for about 3 mins. Super quick and easy. I spend 20-30mins on cooking in the week.

Mer – yoru TR was so cute. I loved reading it. This is my third fm. I have done three, and my goal in each has been to finish Miami (5.28), Area 51 (6.30), SF (3.57). I would like to race one now.

Cx2 – so cute on your playing little girl. Very exciting to be running in new shoes. What did you buy from carters the other day?

Mrszm – would love a pic of your xmas sweater btw. No idea on nike thingy.

Shelby – I just try to get through my training too – no matter what, I try to get it done. I switch out perfectionism for “good enough”. It works. Hope you guys are ok without DH. I know it’s hard, but try not to compare yourself to your peers – you have a lovely LO, you are single-parenting it for a year – you have just moved – you have a lot on and I think you are doing wonderfully. Give yourself a pat on the back. I can manage anything under 9 in the week and not really be affected by the time/miles. More than 9, I am a bit stressed.

Arm – those little runs for me are often the sorest – my recovery easy runs. I have learnt to take them a lot easier than I want to. And you know you are on FIRE right now – look at that PR 5k you did! Come and do Nashville fm! Or run the half! Would LOVE to meet you and your fam.

Ernie – I find 1000m tough – it’s more than a sprint/ dash around the track but it’s not as daunting as 1m so you get the speed but also the endurance. Plus it’s really useful for 5k/10k training to help me with pace. If I had free choice, I would be doing 100m and 200m sprints in every workout! I love short sprints. I love kicking at the end of a race and passing people.

Spike – nice job on the cooking and eating veggie! Fun! I would totally have eaten dog-paw smooched lasagna.

Simon – enjoy storytime. Nice job on your speedwork!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runswithrocky

re-posting from FB.

ER - walk at lunch. I remembered shoes, but forgot socks. I'll likely go anyway.

FR - well, sunday was a healthy soup, monday was a healthy soup, tuesday was DH fried chicken (but still everything was homemade)...now MIL is begging DH to go out to d
      inner. I swear that woman can't go more than 2-3 homemade meals before she just HAS to eat out. Oh well, last night she is here so we'll be heading out for dinner! Should be fun.

TR - at daycare today and her baby buddy gave her a hug first thing. so cute! I hope she isn't too tired for dinner tonight. "talking" up a storm. She and DH have conversations and it is so adorable I can't stand it!

PGR - feeling bigger, baby boy is getting stronger.

NRR - back to work.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I'm still going to eat the pasta- its in the fridge. I was just annoyed that the corner is all mooshed because my dog wouldn't listen to me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Ordered some basecoat online and they sent topcoat instead.  Oh the humanity.

mer - I was thinking of other times I could run that don't rely on DH being home: at the gym after work, or after I put B down for his nap, but neither of those are very appealing.

cx2 - when B was your DD's age, he was already down to 1 nap.  My current car is 10.5 years old with 208000K on it and is toast, my dad had a 323 that he put 300000K on it, traded it in and someone bought it and drove it for another few years.  My ex bf also had a Mazda that he drove for over 300000, so I think I'm being shafted.

mrszm - I kind of liked the dentist as a kid too.

shelby - I think poop is better than no poop.  But 4-5x a day would definitely get annoying!

arm - try to make half of each meal/snack produce.

Ernie - you are way too fast for me, girlfriend.

spike - my DH would probably flip out over the idea of giving B melatonin, but you have intrigued me.  I have to admit I loled at the dog smooshing your lasagna. I always want my hair blonder too.  i think I'm a dumb blond in a Chinese body.

simon - enjoy your mom's visit!

rocky - as long as MIL is paying for all those dinners out..how many more hours before she leaves?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- what is your new car?  Our mazda we just replaced was bulletproof. I drive a Mazda CX7 and I love it. Mileage isn't great though.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - right now I have a 2002 Protege.  New car is mazda3 GS.  My aunt works for Mazda so I get employee pricing.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- I love mazdas. I almost got the 3 instead of the 6 when I bought my first one back in 2005, but DH was still 300+ lbs and didn't fit in the littler car so well. Enjoy!

CTimesTwo

zorbs - DH drove a mazda too when we started dating.. it was used and falling apart but he sold it to another guy who put a couple hundred bucks into it and is still driving it today... i think his was a 1996...

bermy - i bought more clothes of course.. ha... a couple of one piece fleece outfits for when we need to go out in the cold for short periods of time.. unlike a lot of babies, C doesn't wear pants that often simply b/c it's a pain for me to take them on and off to change her diaper.   I buy her "practical"  and comfortable clothes and she only owns 3-4 nicer outfits, and by nicer I mean actual pants with a matching onesie.  Baby girl clothes are adorable and it's hard to not get carried away but I don't see the need to put C into really nice clothes when she's playing at home.

superspike113

Honorary Old

cx2- R never wore pants at home and never wore shoes until this fall. The only nice clothes he has are the ones grandma buys for him. Now that he's bigger I don't like putting him in onesies, so I prefer tshirts and pants because they are more practical.

runswithrocky

Spike/Cx2 - I can't stand onesies on Em anymore.  People just don't get it.  DH is adamant that she wear a onesie underneath her clothes in the winter.  I'm like, fine, you change her diaper with an extra layer of clothing.  We have way too many clothes for Em though, but i prefer tunic style tops (she has a long torso) with legging, form-fitting pants so her pants don't catch on anything when she plays at school.  MIL prefers dresses w/ frills, bows, tights, etc.  I'm like, have you SEEN this kid climb on stuff?!  But yeah, onesies should be no more and people keep getting them for us.  I hate to be ungrateful, but enough is enough.