Womens Running

Trailing Along Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday was rainy all day so I went directly home and alternately fixed stuffed peppers and did 45 minutes of cardio DVD. Those peppers would not have lasted indefinitely. I like to stuff green peppers with orzo and mozarella cheese and bake. Yum.

Today will be a track run.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

4 miles this morning.  Felt pretty good, not as good as I have felt the past couple weeks, but not bad.  Very cool here this morning.  I am trying to up my mileage during the week and do even longer runs on the weekend.  I am hoping maybe that will help with the fatigue after mile 10.

Karen....so sorry about the migraine.  I hope you are feeling better today.  The next race I am registered for is the Woodstock trail half marathon with Lisa on Sept. 5, also doing the Mighty Niagara again Sept. 20 and Columbus Half Oct 20.  Those ought to keep me busy.  Kind of looking around for some local 5k's in the meantime.

Susan...very nice RR.  Do you think you will do another marathon?

Camille....you are very speedy too, I don't know why I did not realize that.

I better get going....work calls, darn!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I DNFd San Francisco because I was still super sick and drained and chilly enough to start walking by Mile 15.  not good.  I am OK with the DNF, though.  Hubby did great.

I guess a week of RDs or at least until I feel 100%.

Judy, yum.  That sounds great.

Ginny, nice 4.

Susan, great RR.  Thanks for sharing and congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Karen, and Gatsby, congrats as well.  Gatsby, that's where I DNFd.  I wish we would've met then!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning,

Damaris, sorry you were not well - but better DNF than plugging on and getting injured.

Ginny, not sure... maybe I'll do the Capital City River Run marathon next September.  Would have been nice to do the inaugural marathon this year (I've done the half three or four times now) but I really don't want to do another full this year and my DB and SIL are coming up to do the half with me. 

Did 2.4 miles this morning in 30:32.  Took it slow and easy and it felt good to run.  Swam yesterday.  Will probably hit the pool again tomorrow. 

Better get to work.

Anonymous Guest

Last night when I couldn't get to sleep (and why couldn't I get to sleep? Probably because instead of running after work I took a two hour nap!) I started wishing I was going to be in Maryland next summer, because the six hour race I did Saturday would be an awesome and different FE if I could convince you all to come out. I was looking at the results and I'm pretty sure Tessa would crush the 50-59 field, and Ginny could certainly run more than the 60-69 winner this year did (yes Ginny, I am absolutely positive, she only ran 18 miles. In six hours.). You 40-somethings would have to fight me for our age group though - I've got a streak going! And since it's a loop course we could run with each other if we wanted, or by ourselves if we wanted as the morning went on. On Saturday I ran a couple miles with a really fast friend, a little ways with another fast guy I knew, an entire lap with a woman about my speed, and a few walk breaks when I came upon walkers, just to slow down, chat a minute, offer encouragement, etc. You could all stay at my house, we could have dinner in Annapolis, if you wanted to stay and do the DC sightseeing another day or two, that's right here too.

But we will be in Texas and our house will be owned by strangers by next July. Sigh. If only I'd thought of this much sooner, we could have done it this year. I'd forgotten just how much fun this race was. And supportive. Even when one of the race leaders lapped me for the second time (it's a 4.1 mile loop), breathing really heavily, he still wheezed out a "good job" as he flew by.

Anyway, headache is only about half as bad as yesterday, so I will definitely be able to run after work. It is beautiful here - the humidity that came in special for the weekend's race has gone away and we are having almost fall-like weather. I'll probably do 8-10.

D, good call. Frustrating, I'm sure, but at least you are experienced enough and smart enough to make the right call. Glad hubby did well.

Conference call in a few minutes, so I better look over what I'm supposed to be talking about. Back later with more personals.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Good morning! I hiked Table top yesterday, about 60-90 min, but straight up and down.  It has great views and was a good aerobic w/o. There was fresh bear scat  on the trail we came down (different than ascent), but we were so loud, we saw no sign of it.  It poured later, so I also did 2 miles of intervals at the Y on treadmill.  Even though I prefer outside, I do work harder on the treadmill.

Karen, I'm glad your HA is better.  That's got to be wearing you down.  I'm glad you enjoyed the race so much.

Tessa, I've an insurance question for you.  State Farm will no longer insure the condo because I live in it part year  (homeowner's) and rent it part year (commercial, apparently) . I told my Fairbanks agency that from start, but I'm wondering if they passed the info along to the agent or underwriter.  Geico  (my auto carrier) doesn't cover rentals.  I went to Alaska USA yesterday and they think one of the native corporations may cover it, but I'd prefer a more major brand.  I think my umbrella is also going to be an issue because of this. Any clues of a good company that might cover it.  To me, it doesn't seem much different that the duplexes we had for years but to them, it apparently is.

DR, I'm so sorry about your race.  I think you made a wise decision though.  Get well!

Hi ,Judy and Ginny!

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, I'm not a personal lines expert, but I think that given your situation you may need a policy written on a DP-3 form endorsed to include theft and liability rather than the HO-3 you're probably currently on, which is not designed for rental properties. However, the situation where you rent it part of the year and ocupy it part of the year is unusual. Do you rent it to students during the year and then live in it during the summer when the students aren't there?

I would recommend finding an agent who has experience with this type of policy and with an umbrella on top of it.  Do you want me to see if I can get a couple of names through the CPCU Society?

camille2

Tessa, if you could get a couple names, I'd really appreciate it.  I've emailed my property manager for ideas and I'll also talk to an independent agent today.  I rent it sort of like a corporate rental, but with 60 day minimum. The first winter, I rented to a traveling nurse and then a consultant and last winter to a couple who were new to town. I have a great property manager and renting it covers the expenses for the months I'm gone.  There's a big demand for rentals here, the main reason I bought in Anchorage and I'll be really disappointed if I can't rent it.

I think people who live in Florida and Hawaii often rent their properties. I know a couple who rent their Hawaii place most of the year, but she's hiking the El Camino trail, so it'll be a while before I can find out who they use.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 again. I have Pilates later. Be back for personals. Busy day.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates done.

Ginny nice to get 4. Looks like you have some good races coming up

Susan nice recovery run

Karen sorry the headaches continue.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, certainly I can try to get a few names for you. Do you want to PM or email me your contact information? My email is firstname lastname at sbcglobal dot net. Let me see what I can find out.

RR: 4.5 this morning with RN, 7.1 on the TM at lunch.

camille2

Tessa, I'm sending an email, too, but think I have the problem sorted out (after a few days of calling agents, etc).  I had continued to use the agency in Fairbanks and the agent retired last year.  After talking with an independent agent here, he recommended I talk to a specific and knowledgeable State Farm agent here in Anchorage. He said they should be able to cover it and it would save me money.   I just left the Anchorage State Farm agent's office and  apparently,  they only need to add an endorsement to my home owner's  policy while it's rented. The new  folks in Fairbanks just didn't know that was an option. If you have the info, please keep it  in case something unexpected comes up on Friday.  My e mail is c m 25 in 25 @ yahoo (no spaces)  Thanks.

camille2

Since it's a running forum, I guess I should add that  I ran 50" this a.m.  It felt ok.  The afternoon has turned into a beauty  with clear blue skies and I'm going to bike after I get a couple more business things taken care of.