Womens Running

Typical Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

back to work today..I wish I could have a week off and do nothing, but alas, my bank account would not appreciate that.

RR - 5x1000, 11K total.  Having trouble getting motivated for this.

TR - DH said he got up by himself, pooped and wiped his own ass.  He got a toy kitchen and a tea set, wooden fruit and a wooden pizza and he kept giving me pieces of pizza, telling me to eat my vegetables.   Sure, if you'll do it first, kid.  Then he had a tea party (with pizza) and totally knew what to do, I have no idea where he learned this?!

FR - have to grocery shop.  Having trouble getting motivated for this too.

argh, I just want to spend the day sleeping.  I'm feeling depressed and anxious, a big lump in my chest and can't breathe deeply, not that breathing deeply will help what's going on in my head.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 19k. Intervals yesterday went well, although I decided it feels really weird to try to run fast repeats while all bundled up. Good news: the extreme cold is over and it is warming up here. Bad news: it is supposed to snow every day for the next 11 days.

TR - I set up her T-ball set in the basement last night and she was going crazy for it. She wasn't so much into actually batting herself, but loved having me hit the ball and then she chased after it, shrieking with excitement.

FR - Chicken stir fry with sugar snap peas, napa cabbage and mushrooms

NRR - A friend was in New York recently and brought back lots of mint chocolate M&Ms for me (again!). This means trouble. I need to hide them from myself!

~~~~

zorbs - Were you off from the gym as well last week, or just from piano? Well, if you can't sleep all day, 5 x 1000 should help clear your head at least, because it's impossible to think of anything other than the fact that you feel like you're dying while doing 1000s!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RR- Track tonight, probably run there, DH will drive with Kiddo. injured runner friend has been watching him at the track. tonight is aprox 5-6 mile repeats at threshold, 1 min rest in between each. may adapt it a little depending how legs feel from half marathon.

BR- woke up 3 times last night, had 2 half bottles, and a snack...... uhg... GI apt was supposed to be this week, just got off the phone to verify it was with a GI Dr. and not a nutritionist since the voicemal left on my phone yesterday  said "upcoming apt with nutritionist".. it  was booked with nutritionist. Nutritionists are not covered by insurance plan unless it is reguarding obesity, and his ped said GI dr., and that is who I asked for over a month ago..Next available apt is April 15th.

FR - we may go out to eat after track, not sure

NRR- Applied for a job at New Balance.  Not sure what will be best in the long run. SAHM, feel like son likes social interactions, and that he would like day care, and there aren't enough play groups ect. My short shifts at the YMCA, he gets to go play and be around others, and he seems to like  that.. Daycare is soo expensive I need a regular job to not lose money (Not YMCA, retail ect) Still no prosthetic jobs in the this area.. My sanity, I would love to go back to work....and maybe could get a couple nights sleep in during the week. There is a Day care opening up  next door to our house in about a month or two as well.  The New Balance job isn't 100% ideal either. who knows. just roll'n with whatever happens for now.  Time to get ready for the Y.

Have a great day everyone!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  My run yesterday was wonderfully quick.  All miles were sub 8!  Woo Hoo!  Hoping for 5 after work today.  I haven' t run this route since June!

BR:  Had a good day with Grandma yesterday.  He is working on bringing his knees up under his belly and scooting!

TR:  Wanted nothing to do with me last night.  DH said he asked for me all day, and when I got home I didn't even get a hug like I normally do.  Had to bribe him to sit with me in the recliner.  Made me really sad.  He finally pooped (after two days) last night.  DH had to get up and change him.  I don't think he has ever pooped while in bed.

NRR:  I slept weird and have a huge knot in my right shoulder blade.

FR:  Dinner last night was less than amazing.  Hoping tonight is better.  DH packed my lunch today so it is full of junk.  Which really isn't good.  I need to step on a scale.  Its difficult balancing losing baby weight, eating enough to nurse successfully, and liking your body.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - MLR tonight w/ RP -  12-14k I'm guessing, with strides, then ST'ing at the gym.

KR - busy day yesterday, school (she brought home a picture she colored - so we know one thing she does at school now, color), then swimming, then gmas for dinner and a bath.  She fell asleep in the car on the way home, no surprise, but woke up once she was in the house and then didn't want to go to bed.

TR - still off from this sickness, was a bit cranky in the afternoon at the dayhome and at home.  Ate a ton for dinner and was happier after.  Our new closet has a light switch that goes on and off when you open/close the door, she thinks its hilarious to lock mommy in the closet with the lights off.

FR - slow cooker sweet and sour pork, this was a hit last time, hopefully it's as good this time around.

NRR - not enough time in the day to do everything... including sleep!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - 5x1000's is a tough workout!  HAHA on B trying to get you to eat vegi's.

ernie - ugh on the snow, really?  That's just stupid.  I think you can go ahead an enjoy as many m&m's as you like when you're running 19k on a Tuesday.

e-rain - good luck with the job applications, I was off for a year after each kid and would have gone nuts being a long term SAHM.

mer - nice speedy run yesterday!!  I agree, it takes a lot of eating to nurse a baby plus run, don't be too harsh with yourself!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

zorbs - Low motivation days are hard...but then I find myself getting mad for being lazy because the work is always still there.

ernie - Sounds like you and S had a lot of fun with the t-ball set!

erain - I hope the job works out.  As a teacher I am anxious for the time home in the summer and by August am ready to go back.  DH and I talk a lot about not being able to afford daycare.  We are fortunate to have my MIL who watches the boys.

CAR - Your FR sounds really good!  Yum.

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

Hi Supermoms~

RR: a little over 7 hilly miles this morning after my 6am PT client. It was 25* out, which felt surprisingly warm. I had my gloves off by the end of the run. Felt great today, too

TR: had a ball at the photo shoot this morning. The girl who's training studio I rent (Jo) and I are starting a Mommy and Me exercise series next month, so we drove up to her photog's house for pics this morning. She took a bunch of us running up and down her dirt road, R ran alongside us, and was laughing the whole time. We did a few inside shots too- of Jo, myself and our kids (she has a 5 month old). Then we got some nice headshots done too The photog has a HUGE playroom right next to her indoor studio, so R played happily in there while she did our shots. We were there almost 2hrs!

PGR: 25 weeks today! OB apt this morning, and little girl is doing great Smile

NRR: been going non-stop today, and now at 1PM I finally get a chance to sit down and have lunch- I'm hungry! Didn't remember to grabb a snack after my run/ob apt and before the photo shoot. Crazy morning!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

zorbs- how did the 1000's go? I don't think I've ever actually run 1000's for a workout. I know I've done 800's, 1200's ,and 1600's. Yay for B taking care of business himself. I love those wooden food sets! Sorry you're feeling so stressed/anxious right now. Hugs.

Ernie- nice mileage this week! I always feel like shorter intervals = less clothes, ie sweaty sports bra only runs in the summer. Ha, we've had our t-ball set up in the house this winter too, and R does the same as S. Chases after the ball, laughing like a maniac. Yay for mint M & M's!

Erain- have a great track workout tonight! Your DH is speedy too. Did you guys run in college? Your marathon PR is great- I'm hoping to break 3:10 once I get back to marathons after this baby. I'm also planning on trying the 50K distance- yikes! Boo on the Dr apt mix up- I'd be mad! I hope you can get a good night's sleep out of K tonight! Best of luck with the job hunt. I worked FT until R turned one (had him at a private sitter who only charged us $20/day), then I worked on a per diem/part time basis for the next year until I decided to head off on my own (I'm a personal trainer/exercise physiologist and running coach). I absolutely LOVE the flexibility now. There are tight months with the $ for sure, but we're making it, and saving a boat load by not having R in day care.

Mer- have a great run later. Sounds like a nice one yesterday! Do you have a time goal for your half next month? I bet you'll go sub 1:45 with no problems. Glad that both of your boys are feeling better today. I hope that the junk food lunch means that you're getting an awesome dinner tonight!

CA- have a good run/ST session later Busy day for M! I bet one day she'll just chatter away about all she does at preschool Wink Hope that O is feeling better soon. I hear ya on the days being too short. I could easily use another few hrs to get things accomplished!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - 11 days of snow? really? I checked our forecast and there are definitely some suns here and there. I was only off from piano last week and starting to feel rested but the birthday party threw me right back to square one.

e_rain - good luck with the job, I would love to work at a running gear store.

mer - was your dinner all junk food?  I procrastinated on my run, but still got it done (just late) and when I got in, all G could say was, "what's your problem, you're done so late."

CA - if B hasn't napped and we are in the car, we tickle him and do everything to keep him from falling asleep.

rg - I'm sure you won't let the new moms slack off in your bootcamp!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

zorbs - Dinner was tuna on toast with chips, cheese, and applesauce.  I don't really feel like it was a "dinner" but it worked.  Do you think G just knows you well enough to know that you are regimented with your running times and he was wondering what was going on since you were later than normal?  I guess a lot of the time it is either 1. delivery or 2. interpretation.  I know I interpret things MUCH differently that DH intends his delivery to be.  The twisted brain of a woman!

rg - Glad the photo shoot went well.  Hope the venture works out.  I don't have a goal for the race.  I am just really excited to go and seen Jen more than anything.  I guess if I had to set a goal it would be to beat my time from last year!  In my lunch:  ham sandwich with "fake cheese slice", real cheese slices, cheetos, wheat thins, pita chips, starburst jelly beans, an apple, and granola bar.  Way too much!  (I did not and will not eat it all!)

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: If the wind stays calm I'll do a stroller run after work.

TR: Did really good at the dentist today.

FR: Last night was turkey sandwiches, tonight italian sausage/roasted tomato pasta

NRR: Went to the dentist for a cleaning, came out with a filling.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Terry- can you send me that horseradish/sour cream pot roast recipe again?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- that's impressive that he wiped himself! My boss was just complaining that his 6 yo still needs help.

Ernie- i rarely keep cookies/candy in the house because I can't control myself. Bought some yesterday and ate a bunch :/

E_rainrun- Good luck on your app. My sanity only remains because I work. Love my kiddo to bits but I am not cut out to be a SAHM. Beware the next door daycare- zorbs had one and has stories. Choose a daycare because you like the provider. My daycare dropoff takes 30 mins on each end of my day but I love her.

Mer- I'm not really gaining weight horribly, but I have a winter layer that I need to shed and ramp up my running. I suppose if I'm not going to be pregnant I should probably set some fitness goals.

CA- R is obsessed with turning lights off and always does that in my closet.

RG- Good luck with your mommy and me venture!

Erniegirl

e-rain - Hope your track workout goes well - sounds like a tough one! Boo on the appointment mix up. I would be so mad!

mer - Nice speedy run yesterday! I can never run that fast unless I'm actually doing speed work. Those weird sleeping injuries are so annoying, and sometimes they last for days.

CA - That's a serious workout you have planned for this evening, way to go! Ha ha, I like your thinking on eating the m&s, especially since I was into them at 6 am while drinking coffee 

rg - I had my gloves off this morning, too! It felt so warm in comparison to yesterday. Although it's still so far below seasonal, grrr. Sounds like the photo shoot went really well. I don't know how you made it without a snack after your run though. I think I would pass out!

spike - I hate going for dental cleanings because I always think I'm going to end up needing a filling, even though I've only ever had one cavity. I like to think I usually have pretty good self control, but I am a lost cause when it comes to chips or these mint m&ms.

zorbs - I just rechecked our forecast, hoping I was wrong, but nope, 11 days straight of snow. Granted, some days are calling for ~1cm, but STILL. Did the birthday party run late or are you feeling wiped out from the stress of it?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15