Womens Running

Thawing Thursday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Currently -12C...getting warmer!

RR - 50 minutes on the TM..I am NOT running 85 minutes to watch the entire double episode of TBL..I'll just watch half and save the rest for next week.  I'm TM-ing it today because of laundry and because I want to watch TBL.  And in case you think I can't math (a reasonable assumption) half the episode, including commercials is about 50 min.

ER - most people brag about their bench press, squat or deadlift but i'm going to brag that I did a set of 1 arm rows with a 45 pound dumbbell for the first time yesterday and completed the set with decent form too.

TR - let me bathe him and brush his teeth without a fight again.

FR - chicken pie and salad.  We haven't had chicken pie for several weeks! 

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

zorbs - I keep having to google the conversion for your temps.  Its warmer by you than us today by about 20*!

RR - Hitting the pavement after work.  4 miles.  Its cold, but so much faster than going to the gym.

RR#2 - I ordered new running shoes and they are stuck in KY because of "adverse weather conditions".  Sucks.  I have never ordered shoes online, always bought at my lrs, and made the plunge.  Now I am thinking it would have been worth the drive.  These shoes are super old...

BR - Gave great giggles last night before bath.  Love it.  Don't love the sleeping arrangement.

TR - Had an upset tummy last night...DH got that diaper!  I did tell DH that we need to put him in undies...he takes off his pants, diaper, and stands in front of the toilet trying to pee...he's ready.

NRR - I think I am addicted to online shopping.  Seriously, how did people manage before the Internet?!  I have about 6 packages on their way to my house.  Hoping they all come soon.

FR - LOVE sweet potato tots...sad that it took me this long to discover them!  J loves them also...his dinner....sweet potato tots and green beans dipped in ketchup.  Dinner of champions for a toddler!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

ER - Yoga and core. Legs are tired from yesterday's snowy, hilly 16k.

TR - Was actually pretty good at the grocery store last night! I feel like she's matured a lot this week. She only tried to run away and hide a couple of times, and mostly just walked beside the cart, pointing to foods and naming them and saying "Hiiii!" to everyone we passed. When I put her to bed last night she said "I love you" (well, more like "I leeeee you") awww!

FR - Rainbow trout, potato and sweet potato curry

NRR - Community centre for drop in play this morning. I woke up congested with a slightly sore throat so I think I have a cold. Grrrr.

~~~~~

zorbs - Why must reality shows drag things out into these long ass double episodes all the time? Who has time to watch that? Impressive weight for your rows!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

moxieluvah

zorbs - I don't watch TBL but DH does and it seems like they really drag out the episodes, I swear they sometimes are weighing in for an entire hour and that beeping sound of the scale annoys me.

mer - it's a good time of year to find some good deals online! Besides Target i pretty much shop online.

ernie - you were right that season six of dexter is boring!

---

RR - 3 on the TM, was scheduled for 4 but didn't get out of bed on time.

TR - was up from about 2 - 4 AM! not sure what his problem is, wanted to be rocked and every time we put him back in the crib he screamed, eventually we just let him cry it out. I think he might be getting the 2 year molars.

NRR - my classroom is so cold, i hate it! there is no happy medium it is either way too hot in here or freezing cold, usually i get the freezing cold and the other teachers are complaining about being too hot.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 6x800 done!  My legs are not used to having to move fast... it's been a long time.  I need to make a chiro apt though, my SI/pelvis is definitely out.  Easy recovery run today.

TR - hardly saw her yesterday.  Looking into preschools for the fall, MIL is going to pick her up and look after her for the rest of the day on school days, YAY, love my MIL.

BR - dayhome says she's walking everywhere basically now.  Amazing how much they can develop in a week.

FR - pork chili in the slow cooker

NRR - emailed the recruiter back, fingers and toes are all crossed.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - when I watched TBL, I could cut the 2 hr episodes into less than an hour just by ffwd the commercials and repeated content.  I haven't watched it at all this season though.  Nice row!!  Lori and I did your dead bugs last night and both nearly died - not stiff though, so I guess the TRX has been good!

mer - I love online shopping... I spent so much less money on mat leave, sitting at work on a computer all day is bad for my bank account!  I've never tried sweet potato tots, but I bet they're good!

ernie - awesome how good S is at the grocery store, I still don't like letting M walk, it's so much easier w/ her locked up in the cart.

moxie - weird on DS's wakeup!  Hopefully he sleeps better tonight.  I need to go back and see what happened in dextor season 6...

runninmer

ernie - I hope you feel better as the day goes on.  Have fun at the community center.  Sometimes I look at J and wonder where my baby went!  He is so big! Smile

moxie - I scored almost $200 worth of gap workout clothes for $8 last week...I paid for shipping. Between their discounts and my rewards from my credit card, it made it worth it.  My room is freezing too.  Yesterday I had on a l/s shirt, a heavy sweater, and wore my jacket all day.  I even considered throwing on my gloves.  The computers help a little, but not a ton....especially first thing in the morning!

CAR - I saw your post about work.  I hope things turn around for you, and fast.  It is crazy how much they change and how fast it  happens! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

running eh

RR - easy 3ish when the sitter gets here

NRR - working tonight - it's been 9 days since I've worked!

FR - leftovers

KR - had fun at the game last night, but didn't get home until after midnight - there is going to be lots of whining today.

zorbs - sounds like a good thing to watch while on the TM!  At my gym they always have news and sportscentre - the same news over and over every tens mins!  Nice on the arm rows!

mer - I have recently started online shopping too - it's kind of dangerous.  I buy stuff on sale, but do I really need it?!?

ernie - amazing that you did that long run yesterday!  Are you training for something right now?  Way to go S!!  Hope that cold stays away.

moxie - hope you get a good night sleep tonight!  It's hard to get up in the night when you are used to sleeping.

CA - yay on the recruiter - hope you get some good news .  You MIL is so amazing - I think that is so special for the girls too.  Way to go with the walking, O!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - hope work goes well tonight, must be hard getting switched over to weird hours after having so much time off.  Wow that's a late night for your kids!  Yes my MIL is awesome, and the girls just love her.  I was talking w/ a coworker yesterday about people who relocate countries, and said I couldn't imagine moving my kids that far away from family, I love that they are growing up so close to their grandparents.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope, DH didn't get home from the gym until almost 6 then had to shower real quick and go to fire training. Running tonight/tomorrow and probably Sunday.

TR: Has been pretty sweet lately, I like it. Had a huge pee accident at daycare yesterday- I guess he doesn't want to break his 11 day accident free record.

FR: Last night was white bean, sausage and kale soup- Reid ate two bowls. Dinner tonight depends on what is thawed enough to cook when I get home.

NRR: The financial advisor at the other office in town asked me to help her find a housesitter/babysitter for when she goes on vacation in 6 weeks, and one of my friends posted something kinda sancitmommy on it this morning about thinking it was a joke that someone was looking for a stranger to look after their kid while on vacation. A) she asked someone she trusts to help her find someone nice and responsible B) The lady just doesn't have a lot of options when it comes to childcare because her other kids are in their 20's/30's and have jobs/kids in other cities and her mom died on her birthday 2 years ago C) If your company was going to buy you a Barbados Cruise, would you turn it down?  Kind of annoyed me that she would judge somebody that way.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- kind of making me sad that he's speaking more articulately. He used to say he wanted to be "Cayered" but now he says "Carried"

zorbs- No chicken pie in weeks? Yay for conflict free bathing!

mer- I am also addicted to internet shopping. I went shopping in the mall at Christmas time and it was so stressful. I may or may not have bought furniture online that will be delivered to my house in a few days. I'm on a first name basis with my UPS and Fedex guys.  My stores haven't had the tots in stock for a long time Sad

Ernie- that sounds like my DS at the grocery store. He still won't say I love you though, if you say it to him, he Replies "I too"

moxie- what does it say about me that I shop at Target.com? lol  Can you put a space heater in your classroom?

CA- good luck with the job hunt!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I always get twitchy when I need new shoes and I can't find a good deal on the ones I want.  Holy crap, how did you score that clothing deal?!

ernie - I have to admit that it crossed my mind to run the entire length of the show..but then I remembered I mean for this week to be cutback before marathon training starts next week.

moxie - the weighins are my least favourite part of TBL..usually during the normal length episode, I put 45 min on the TM and that gets me to the weighins and then I stop whenever...I'll find out who got eliminated next week anyways.

CA - I hope you're not saying because I said I felt the deadbugs for 3 days that I have weak abs?  I have invited people to punch me in the stomach at full force (people who have called me fat to my face get invited to punch my "fat" and see for themselves) but when they do, my abs are so strong that they feel a recoil.  I can't skip the commercials on TBL, app doesn't let me do it.

eh - I'm glad you said you haven't worked for 9 days because last week, thursday I think? I saw an ambulance sliding around on the street and I admit that I looked to see if you were driving. :P

spike - if I was offered a free cruise, I'd dump B at my parents house and take off, lol.  We haven't had chicken pie since I've been off work, I figure I should put some effort into actually cooking dinner.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - M had a big pee accident the other day at daycare too.  I'd absolutely go on the cruise!  It isn't like she isn't going to check out whoever she finds, she's just exploring options to find someone.

zorbs - lol, I wouldn't accuse you of having weak anything, I'd be afraid you'd prove me wrong   I think sometimes you can throw your body off with a new exercise and then be super stiff in a new area... I actually expected that with the dead bugs and am surprised that I'm not stiff.

runnergirl9508

RR: 6.3 miles this morning. hamstrings were a bit tight from yesterday's bootcamp, but they loosened up after the first mile. also did planks for today's challenge!

TR: still hasn't regained his appetite. I have a feeling when he does, he'll be eating everything in the house. woke up 3x's last night, moaning and crying. no fever, so no idea what's wrong? stomach cramps, maybe? he hasn't pooped since Monday, but then again he hasn't eaten much.

NRR: grocery shopped this morning with R; writing marathon programs for a couple of clients this afternoon.

PGR: woke up and thought I had a bump, but alas it was gone and my belly was flat again after I pooped, lol. 15w 2d

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- how is this season of TBL? I stopped watching a few years ago when they started with all the drama BS, and showed less of the actual workouts in the gym. yay for bath progress with B! wha?! chicken pie is like a weekly staple for you! Wink

mer- stay warm and have a great run today! when I ran on Tuesday (-5 with -35 wind chills) it was my fastest run of the week! boo on new shoes!!! I always order my shoes from running warehouse, and have never had an issue. aww, cute giggles! LOL on online shopping. I shopped online almost exclusively for xmas the year R was born- much easier than carting a 4 month old around to all the stores!

Ernie- enjoy the yoga and core today! yay for S beign better at the store. aww, so sweet on the I love you! hope you're not getting a cold. enjoy the playtime today.

moxie- great job on the TM run! ugh on the wakeup in the night. it's worse when you're used to having the kids all STTN! at least with an infant you expect to be woken. oh no on the cold room-I'd have a coat on, lol.

CA- great job on the speedwork! hooray for preschool/after school care for M! we are thinking about doing a 2- morning a week preschool for R this fall. yay for O walking. good luck with the job hunting!!!

reh- have a good run today! wow, 9 days off, nice! wow- late night for the kids and DH. were they still up at regular time this morning?

spike- have a good run tonight! oops on the pee- does he just get distracted? I haven't been able to get my R to try soup yet- but he loves chili! wow, that's really rude for that chick to have that kind of response.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- Daycare lady said he was eating lunch and said he had to go, ran to the bathroom and peed on the rug before he even made it to the toilet. R loves soup and chili as long as it not too spicy. So far he's a fan of beany soups especially.