Womens Running

More Fun Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Once an orthopod (doc who was also a runner) asked me why I ran…what it was about running that I liked. I said I thought it was the ground running under my feet. Does that make sense to any of you?

What do you like about running?

Post as you wish.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 45 minutes running on the track, then another 15 minutes of intervals with coach. He said I was flying on the last leg. Nothing like a good runner’s high.

Saturday was SDO except for a 1.6 mile hike.

Sunday I did 30 minutes of a cardio dvd since Sunday Buddy was away.

Today will be a track run and then cardio. I want to do 2 a days this week.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

I honestly did not mean to post the pic of GD....I was practicing!  But since I did, this is Mikayla our football player.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Judy - Interesting thought, "the ground running underneath your feet".  The thing I love is those runs when you are in "that zone", and everything you are thinking/struggling becomes so clear, and you finish feeling so calm and relieved.

Lisa - Loved the RR!  Sounds like quite a day.  You must be exchauseted.

No run sat/sun Sad   Am planning on a run and stability ball class today!

Have a great Monday!

Carol

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Nice picture of GD!  Glad you mistakenly posted it Smile    Have you ever tried Endurolyte capsules?  I had never used them until recently, I think they have really helped.  Not sure if they would help your leg cramps, but worth a try.  Nice job on another half!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Taking my SRD as I have a business dinner tonight.

Lisa, I loved the RR.

Ginny, nice picture!

Judy, nice workouts during the weekend.  Enjoy the track and cardio.

Carol, sorry you did not get to run during the weekend.  Enjoy today's workouts.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Howdy!  Busy weekend here.  Did a lot of house chores on Friday.  Saturday morning was a local 5k.  Honestly, this group couldn't get their act together!  Julie Dostal--it was the Ingall's 5K that you ran a couple of years ago.  They didn't start till after 1000--by then it was getting hot.  I was third female over all!!  Woohoo!!  That was a first for me.

Displaying IMG_1885.JPG

It is an out and back course on the causeway of a defunct Navy base.  Now this pic posted first try!

Sunday did 12 miles with my running buddy.  It was really tough but I hung in there.  BF and DS2 and I trimmed some large limbs out of the oak tree in the back yard.  We were all beat by the end of the afternoon.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Will try to catch up.  Lisa--love the DWD pics!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ginny I wonder if the calf is cramping only because you are over using it versus another muscle group?  What I mean is it is working harder than your hip or knee?  Could just be an unbalanced strength issue?

rest day for me today.

Marjorie

camille2

Lisa, I love the pics and great report.  What an interesting race! Nice medals.

Hi to everyone!

Running 4 later.

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello everyone. Haven't been on here in a couple of days. Friday, I spent picking up race shirts/bibs and walking around the expo a little with my daughter and granddaughter. Then we went to the co-op and ended up having lunch at Cracker Barrel. After that it was Costco. A lovely day with my girls.

I should probably mention this is a race that has a HM, 10k and 5k run and walk. There were almost 1000 in the HM and probably 10,000 of the other distances (combined).

Saturday morning I was up at 0430, mostly because that's my regular wake up time and we had to leave for the race at 0530. My running buddy arrived at about 0520, which is a good thing for someone like me who gets a little crazy before a race. We parked at the mall and the buses were already waiting for us. We arrived downtown at about 6:40 or so and had plenty of time before our 7:30 start. After someone sang a remix version of the Star Spangled Banner (his words didn't exactly match the original lyrics) we started at about 7:28. The weather was great, low 50s. We were in shade for about the first 5 miles.

It was a little crowded starting out but not too bad. I was cruising along and playing tag with my work friends who were taking occasional walk breaks. I was either getting tired or bored at about 6 miles. I started playing alphabet games. Like naming all fruits and vegetables I could think of for each letter of the alphabet. At about 8 miles, I had some of the babyfood in a pouch I carry. After that I figured I'd be at 10 miles soon enough. A little after the 10 mile mark, I could hear more noise, which I knew meant we would soon merge with the 5k and 10k folks.

The merge wasn't too bad but there were some spots that people weren't paying enough attention. At about 11.25 or 11.50 we had to climb a pretty big hill. Not fun but I managed to chug up the whole thing. After climbing the hill, I was getting hot and tired. I did walk a couple of times, I just don't deal with the heat very well. I still managed to cross the line in 2:32 something, which is good for me.  Got my medal, some water, chocolate milk and our food bags (mini bagel, apple, string cheese and mini lara bar). I found some coffee too and finally found my work friends. Visited for a bit and walked back to the bus.

Felt pretty good yesterday, a bit sore but not too bad. I took another day off today and just did upper body weights. I'll be ready for a short run tomorrow and I know my 4-legged running buddy is more than ready.  Don't know that I'll do this race next year. It was hard to get in the training over the summer with camping and goofing off.

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - Hmmm, I didn't see a picture.  Great job on third female!!!

damarias - "Enjoy" your business dinner.

Marjorie - rest day for you - woohoo!

Camille - Hope you have a nice 4 miler.

Shadow - Great picture and RR, Congrats!!!  Sounds like a "crowded" race!  Where was this?  I LOL at you saying you were either tired or bored and started to do an alphabet game!

Had a nice neighborhood run tonight... beautiful weather today!

Carol

Shadow-congrats!  Will remember the alphabet game.  Nice job!

Sue-bet that was hot with that starting time.  Congrats though!

Ginny-your profile pic makes me smile.  Looks like a deranged duck hunter is chasing you through the woods. Nice pic of grand daughter!

Rested today.  Glute sore from.. could be the mud, the river, the trees, the dumb vertical hills, or running hard then sitting in a car only to run hard again.

Judy-feeling free and strong when I run. That's why I love curvy mountain bike trails.  I remember running in the woods behind my school and down one particular hill where you sort of jumped from one spot to another, imagining that I was a deer prancing through the woods.  I probably look more like a moose careening out of control but that's what I think of.  LOVE the slalom-like trails where gravity and momentum give the illusion of speed.

Lisa

https://vimeo.com/106775300 This one is only 3 minutes long and gives a great idea of DWD "trail" and just trail running in general.  Love this!  Must have some great camera and a great system for recording this.  Really good!

Video from DWD  Found this video that shows a bit of the madness...around 3 minutes I come out of the woods to hit the pole.  Forgot about the crazed aerobics women.  At each exchange they were doing aerobics. Was really annoying.

A few more pics that I'm copying from Facebook..

Would have LOVED to seen the expression on the mountain biker that came across this guy on the trail.  He ran in this.

Always ready to greet runners coming out of Styx River of Death..

Lisa